Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: December 17, 2010
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 790 Ratings
WATCH NOW
HighwayUKApr 21, 2011
Fantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wantedFantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. Thankfully the plot left plenty of openings for a sequel. Expand
ShyfoxAug 10, 2011
Yes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daftYes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so if nothing else just go into it as an audio-visual treat and enjoy! Expand
callumcriticApr 23, 2011
The film to be frank was a good one although i didnt understand the plot until near the end i enjoyed it it would have got an 9/10 or 10/10 but the ending lacked something
garndassApr 28, 2011
Another fantastic film from disney, TRON is, and will remain, one of the best movies i have ever seen, the concept has been brought to life in a new way with twists to thrill even watchers of the 60's version will love.
it is a must watch, if
it is a must watch, if not for the slightly confusing story, then for the effects, if not for the effects, then just to say you watched a great movie, but if not even for that, then just to be cool.
Harry184Apr 27, 2011
I really enjoyed TRON-Legacy, perhaps not so much because of the story, but the fact that the visuals and music were stunning. The story was pretty normal and rather clichéd; and as stated in previous reviews actually ratherI really enjoyed TRON-Legacy, perhaps not so much because of the story, but the fact that the visuals and music were stunning. The story was pretty normal and rather clichéd; and as stated in previous reviews actually rather weak. However, the fact that there was the fantastic soundtrack by the French dance geniuses Daft Punk which were so fantastically intertwined with superb visuals that really made the film stand out. I was perhaps slightly dissapointed with some of the rather lacklustre acting performances, but hey, when the visuals and soundtrack are as brilliant as that, who gives a **** Expand
Khunter4382Jun 2, 2011
Superbly entertaining! A visual event that pulled me in quick and kept me there the whole time. For those that do not know much of the Tron history, this film does well with educating a new audience while also giving some deserved flavor toSuperbly entertaining! A visual event that pulled me in quick and kept me there the whole time. For those that do not know much of the Tron history, this film does well with educating a new audience while also giving some deserved flavor to old time fans. Performances all around are excellent with Bridges stealing the show! Expand
catherderMar 31, 2012
It does not surprise me the subtle nuance of Tron: Legacy is lost on this new generation of "critics". The subtle elegance of Tron Legacy may be lost on kids of this generation who did not grow up into a digital world but, rather, were bornIt does not surprise me the subtle nuance of Tron: Legacy is lost on this new generation of "critics". The subtle elegance of Tron Legacy may be lost on kids of this generation who did not grow up into a digital world but, rather, were born into it after it was already here. As a result I expect this sequel is directed more towards my generation rather than the kids who were born long after Tron hit the big screen.

Here is a little secret, I am old enough to remember the original movie in theaters when it was first released. Riding my deck to the arcade at the mall to play the "new" Tron video game.

We who spent our lives discovering this new digital frontier may be more apt to notice the opening scene, the scene with a younger Jeff Bridges and the young Sam Flynn, is completely digitally rendered. We have come a long way baby from Pong and Space Invaders haven't we? Yes even Sam's grandparents and the opening scene of the front of the house being hit by rain, it's all digital. The movie seamlessly transitions from digital to camera footage and it quickly becomes difficult to tell what is "real" and what is not from scene to scene. This muddy distinction between fact and fiction leads the perceiver to appreciate this movie as more than just a pretty picture with some cool tunes. There is more going on here than just that.

As a sequel Tron Legacy ties up very neatly what has transpired since Flynn was trapped on the Grid so many cycles ago. Sometimes sequels in the video game or digital pop genre can have an ever present feeling of contrivance and surreality that overcomes the story and narrative appeal. Luckily Tron Legacy is so well done that there is nothing to interrupt the telling of the story of what happens next. It is clear to me that a great deal of care and love went into the creation of Legacy as a sequel and I am grateful the producers and director decided to do it right.

A word to a new audience. Even though you may be tempted to jump straight into the world of Tron without accessing the first iteration, I would highly advise against it. Without the knowledge of the first story, new viewers in the world of the Grid may not be able to appreciate the subtleties of the back story that make Tron Legacy a very worthy sequel. Without that back story and the knowledge of what happened to Flynn in the original movie, I can easily see how a new generation would perceive this movie as little more that a colorful music video with some effects thrown in. This perception would be a shame, truly a disservice in my opinion to a great and deep story. Much of the narrative in this movie would surely be lost on a new viewer unfamiliar with the original.

The music created by Daft Punk is excellent and fits the narrative sequences without becoming overbearing. In my opinion Daft Punk captured the essence of what it would be like to experience the Grid in an aural sense and, as a result, the mood they create with their beats works together seamlessly with the flow and telling of the story. The soundtrack by itself is masterfully done and worth a listen in its own right.

For these reasons, and probably a few more that will come to me in a few more cycles, I highly recommend this movie but make sure to see the original first.

Don't mess with my Zen thing man.

end of line
Alexander_NJun 15, 2011
Whilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end ofWhilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft Punk was also quite groovy and fitting.

Although TRON: Legacy is not to be considered a 'top' film, it was definitely an enjoyable digital adventure that those of all ages can follow and be entertained by.
Pwnz0r3dJun 28, 2011
This movie is a spectacle to look at; in Blu-Ray, you feel like you're on the Grid, neon skintight suit and all. however, its awkward plot is a whole other story; They tried to shoehorn in too much and when they realized it was too much, theyThis movie is a spectacle to look at; in Blu-Ray, you feel like you're on the Grid, neon skintight suit and all. however, its awkward plot is a whole other story; They tried to shoehorn in too much and when they realized it was too much, they took it away instantly (best examples; the character of Zuse, with about 15 minutes of screentime until his deresolution, and the revelation that rinzler is Tron, until he's thrown into an abyss). as a fan of the original, i found it disappointing to not be able to see what was going on at ENCOM after Flynn's disappearance, 20 years of history literally discarded. The most awkward point of all, when kevin flynn literally explodes to destroy clu and allow his son and quorra to escape to the real world, they both act happy and as if his death doesnt matter. The best part about this movie is the soundtrack; Daft Punk did an amazing job of bringing the Grid to life with their score, and must be commended and noticed. Collapse
AVCITYJul 14, 2011
A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although veryA visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However, if you ignore that and simply be absorbed by the visuals, score and sound, you have a very imaginative ride. Expand
AlienSpaceBatsJan 25, 2014
All style, no substance. Impressive in the audio/visual department, with little going on elsewhere. When it finishes recreating scenes from the 1982 film, it's bland, predictable and boring.
LJHayesApr 13, 2015
Predictable, cliche, dull, uneventful, contrived by the numbers cash grab. Some pretty visuals. Decent acting though not outstanding. Nightmarish CGI on Jeff Bridges face. Gets the most mileage out of playing up nostalgia but that wears thinPredictable, cliche, dull, uneventful, contrived by the numbers cash grab. Some pretty visuals. Decent acting though not outstanding. Nightmarish CGI on Jeff Bridges face. Gets the most mileage out of playing up nostalgia but that wears thin about half way through. Expand
Bruce722Nov 29, 2012
It's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality ofIt's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality of the setting and concept do not do enough to compensate for the terrible acting, mediocre effects, cheesy dialogue, and prolonged plot. This movie, while not so original, compensates for that by actually having pretty decent acting, amazing effects, a plot that isn't dull and boring, and is just in general a much more entertaining movie. It's only real flaw for me was that it left behind the concept of the personalities of the computer programs and was essentially just another modern science fiction movie with cool effects. The world feels almost more alien than computer. I also thought they could've expanded on the ending quite a bit. The movie ends with them talking about "changing the world" but no method for this is explained in any way. I assume they left it open like that in order to whore out the franchise in the ensuing years with sequels but I'm a believer that movies should be able to stand alone.

On a side note, if you watch this movie on blu-ray, be sure to check out the extra called "Flynn Lives" after you watch the movie. It's one of the most interesting extra features I've ever seen in movies. Most movies just throw in useless deleted scenes, interviews, and some segments on how things were made. Most people don't really care about that stuff, however, this extra is one that they could've, and actually should've included after the credits. I think a lot of people would've been interested to watch these 5 minutes after the film since it fit so well. Also, I've gotta mention Olivia Wilde. Obviously she's absolutely beautiful. However, I thought her character completely stole the screen. Quorra might have been the only really interesting character in the movie and Olivia Wilde did a great job in portraying that. Overall, this was a really good movie that might not appeal as much to the nerd niche but one that I think more people would enjoy.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
I haven't seen the original TRON movie, and I'm wondering if maybe that would have made some details a bit clearer.

What exactly the Grid is, or where it is, I'm not exactly sure even after seeing the movie. Not important, though. The

The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack reminded me a lot of "Inception", although that's where the resemblance ends.

It was nice to see Garrett Hedlund again. All in all the actor performances were nothing special. A whole lot of history wasn't given to them, or depth, and especially Tron's history and life were left much into the shadows, although he was one of the core characters. Zuse was a nice splatter of humor in the middle of it all.

The story moved nicely, and managed not to become too difficult to follow. The style of the movie appealed to me (clothing, make-up).

Not exactly what I was expecting, but a good movie nonetheless, especially for someone who has no prior knowledge of the franchise.
imthenoobJan 3, 2013
The visuals of the film look great (and it makes good use of 3D as well), The acting is solid, but I think the plot, which was sort of stupid, definently hurt the value of the film quite a bit. However, I enjoyed watching it so much that IThe visuals of the film look great (and it makes good use of 3D as well), The acting is solid, but I think the plot, which was sort of stupid, definently hurt the value of the film quite a bit. However, I enjoyed watching it so much that I can look past that. Definently underrated by critics imo. Expand
AlvaradoKTAJul 17, 2013
Without comparing it to the original, Tron: Legacy is a fun movie. There is action all throughout paired with a cool soundtrack. the story is short and is done with descent acting. Not bad.
MaverickDVNTJul 10, 2012
TRON: Legacy, a film like this, I've waited years for. The storyline was a bit rushed but the dazzling visuals and soundtrack more than made up for it. Daft Punk did a good job on the soundtrack and the special effects team did a more thanTRON: Legacy, a film like this, I've waited years for. The storyline was a bit rushed but the dazzling visuals and soundtrack more than made up for it. Daft Punk did a good job on the soundtrack and the special effects team did a more than amazing job. Great work. Expand
xgambitJul 22, 2012
This movie lacked a lot of things. I compared this movie to some of the other scifi's and realized that it felt different, that there was something this compared to none of the others because it had a wholly different theme and focus. ThisThis movie lacked a lot of things. I compared this movie to some of the other scifi's and realized that it felt different, that there was something this compared to none of the others because it had a wholly different theme and focus. This movie was in every way a movie about a dystopian future, though it took place in a modern setting. What was missing was a lot of the cynicism and despair that accompanies the dark futures of the other films. Instead it ended with hope and reconciliation. It did more than forecast doom from a range of questionable trends, it examined without genuflection or apology the contrast between an attempt to achieve perfection according to what might well have represented a thousand philosophies or ideals, and the wild universe of the world we can all associate with. Here we find the same misgivings expressed with the vicissitudes of death, age and illness but counters all that bitterness with what ought to be lamented which is being lost right now--family. What this movie does further is divorce a potentially perfect society from lewdness and depravity of lifestyle, the real cause of misery in life, or at least doesn't focus on it but gives it due perspective by wrangling it in with evil in general. That is not found in most of these films because the makers themselves cannot divorce themselves from their lifestyle. This 'divorce' is that which, if missing or failed, will like divorce shred society after family is murdered. So here we see the problem and the solution in a single cinematic statement. Here we see a dividing line because this movie or this theme at least is despised by those that can't stand what preserves a family, morality, or praised for being a somewhat creative if simple champion of basic decency. Books and colleges, blogs and intellectuals aren't quoted for it, so we see what becomes the source of concern, the reason for dark tomorrows in movies and the woes forecast in literature--despair not because the future is bleak, but because no one wants to take responsibility over their own lives. Interesting that filth has become an all-too prevalent fixture in media, the self-defeating contagion that can't spare its creator any more than such a creator can spare his audience the illness of their own mind. Why should it when the mind in question cannot keep itself from lewdness? Disney needs to wear laurels for this relatively good and decent film as well as their vision, but especially for holding up the family and all the traditional and time-honored principles socketted in its crown and scepter as the guardian and steward for the future. So what's your status in that kingdom? Expand
RikiegeJan 23, 2013
The idea is original, but the movie is painful.
Iky009Nov 22, 2014
Only draws attention by its great visuals, otherwise the story is not amazing the characters are shallow and monotonous plot. .
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Visually stunning, but it's second act and climax fail to live up to the opening 25 minutes.
worleyjamersDec 8, 2012
I thought this was great! 2010 was a good year for Disney...Toy Story 3, Wonderland, Secretariat, Tangled, Tron Legacy. They had alot on their plate, and Tron Legacy did not disappoint!

I want to defend the film first. So what if this has

I want to defend the film first. So what if this has a "videogame storyline," it's about a videogame, and an electronic world!! I'm really confused as to what else could been expected, the plotline was highly entertaining and I honestly can't ask for much more. The visual effects were STUNNING! Some of the best I have ever seen. I expected that the film would be visually astounding, but I was still blown away. I was truly fascinated by the way this film looked...so cool!! I liked the actors, Jeff Bridges is great in anything, and Garret Hedlund was even okay. Olivia Wilde was nice, too. I'm a huge House fan, so I've always liked her. Also, perfect musical score by Daft Punk...so modern, fresh, and cool!

A major flaw in the film is its writing. The screenplay was way too bare and minimal which was slightly disappointing, especially after multiple viewings. TRON Legacy does so many things right that a weak script really holds the film back. What little dialogue there was wasn't enough to support the deeper themes the film glazed over.

Overall though, I think everyone should see TRON: Legacy! I thought it was pretty awesome.
ValkyrinJan 18, 2013
I waited 28 years to see a sequel. The light cycle scene was better than expected, but then it is 28 years later. I've seen several complaints about "dude" and "radical" being used, truth is that if you were trapped in the system since theI waited 28 years to see a sequel. The light cycle scene was better than expected, but then it is 28 years later. I've seen several complaints about "dude" and "radical" being used, truth is that if you were trapped in the system since the 1980's, your vocabulary would be the same. Visually, overall, it was spectacular. The storyline could have been better, but it's a 28 year in waiting Disney movie sequel. The performances were good. Having Daft Punk do the music score, and the timing was excellent. My only real complaint is that the movies namesake didn't have more screen time. Worth buying. My copy is going up beside the 20th anniversary edition of the first Tron. Expand
molemaster43Apr 6, 2013
Tron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of theTron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of the movie. However, I felt that the plot was somewhat confusing. I was having a bit of trouble following it. Overall, this movie is visually stunning, but the story and plot fall flat of what I had hoped for. Expand
MarkMusicMar 20, 2013
Better then the original to me. Better Effects, Better Cast/Acting, Better Story. I say this film was also one of the best in 2010. The plot is fairly decent, more interesting then the original. I say watch this if your looking for somethingBetter then the original to me. Better Effects, Better Cast/Acting, Better Story. I say this film was also one of the best in 2010. The plot is fairly decent, more interesting then the original. I say watch this if your looking for something fun, but don't look too deep into the plot. Expand
LuiGMar 24, 2013
Really gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, evenReally gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I could seriously print any frame in this film and it would look amazing. Just for the music and the style id give it a 10! Expand
MrThehammer171May 16, 2013
it freaking awesome get it now
gambit21xdJun 4, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Look all that i got to say after 4 well going to five years since it came out all i have to say is the movie is flawed, but enjoyable, from the scenery that takes place in the grid, something that was recreated from a computer that ran 2mb per minute and im saying in the making of the film, this was the biggest part that was great in my opinion, the grid is so far the best cgi created image in a scale as half of the map of a new RPG most recent The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt... I'm going off topic here, the thing is sequels that got us waiting for years is a bad thing, if handled badly, direction was good, the cast was average, but it lacked one thing the title character TRON, uptly named Rinzler, and how did he came to be RInzler, TRON Uprising was gonna answer the question, but sadly it got cancelled, like recently TRON 3, but why?, call it TRON 3, after all Tron died in the grid Presumed so as the rest of the programs, Disney now profiting for their new Cows to milk like the MCU, and the new SWCU(yes not a joke that's the Star Wars Universe name now.) And also the soundtrack by Daft Punk, Groing up with some songs that i heard from movies got me into some Gernes as Alt. Rock, Electronic, Orchestra, Daft Punk fuses their base Electronica w/h some Orchestra, and it sounded great, i hadnt heard it recently, but the most tense songs was track 4, the characters in this movie we see the return of two base characters(clu and rinzler doesnt count even rinzler is tron, and clu is it's second revision, if you want to see the fate of Clu 1.0 watch TRON) Clu 2.0 is the overseer of the grid naming himself the ruler, filled with an ego of perfection, and organizing the programs with each sector and punishing them with execution, or to play the "Games" which was the original program way of an unwanted entrance or an easy legal execution.(we'll go into it later) Sam Flynn the son of the dissapeared Kevin Flynn, he was a rash and uneasy character to "like" not in a bad way, he is an interesting character but we don't know much of him or the gap from (1989 - 2010) he mentioned a few but not to win the audience over. Quora the last remaining iso(again covering that later) she is the rebel, or most likely the renegade trained by Flynn (watch Uprising it is a good show with a good cast). Kevin Flynn the man who created clu he is a user like Sam but he is the first user to get into the grid (see TRON it is a good movie even if it's dated it is still a good movie) he tried to make the perfect system where programs and isos can be together where there is peace, who got obsesed with the grid after Maria's Death in '85. the extras the programs who inhabit the world of the grid are barely seen, in most cases fights but the interaction on each are lifeless, the isos mostly Zeus who repaired himself after he suffered an attack (watch a walkthrough of TRON Evolution or buy it used on gamestop) the army of clu are lifeless dolls who have no personallity with good reason, Clu has mannage to reprogram most of the programs that were derezzed or rectafied and they are sent to the reprograming center to be a part of clu's army, the humans these lacked personallity except Adam Bradly the man who created TRON who became the CEO of encom after the dissapearence of Flynn, and the extras as well lacked even the son of the former CEO of encom lacked any emotion he was mostly dressed like a hipster but a smart programer, sorta like is father. the setting and plot here were at the weakest point of the film how they handled the plot, the story wasn't well placed as it was a puddle who dried up after wards it had excitment curiosity and a lot of action, the down fall was the hype, like any other, the setting gets merits it is dark and what i liked about it were the new locals and the designs of the programs, not the suit, i mean how the programs look and talk some may look in a state of despair and some look decimated with the cubic scars or literall depth how should i say this they scared me and the derezzing and they'er cry after that also gave me goosbumps, and the discs the new disks looks slick and more agile with cqc or from far distance and they come back like Captain Americas Sheild or the original Light disk, then there's the vehicles like the redesigned light bikes and they looked great so as the EMCOM1 bike, the Redesigned Recognizer, and also the Light Runner. After that lets go into it's message the ISOs caused fear to the programs as did humans when they discovered new lands the isos didnt know what to do the code they had would shape humanity as we know it, but Clu fell to fear and fear got him to extinct the isos "killing" tron (Uprising watch it now) and restoring the grid were most of the critical points and that there will be no questions asked i give TRON: Legacy a total score of 7, i like this movie but i cant hate it Not like ROTF but tron gave me a fun experience and so others and if you want to watch it is your choice END OF LINE. Expand
DibbHansenJul 18, 2013
A very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and thatA very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and that soundtrack by Daft Punk is something everyone can enjoy! This is a great film! Expand
bravesermormontAug 3, 2013
This movie gets a 1 for me only because of the visuals and the music. I torrented this because I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth my money and boy was I right. A ridiculous plot with plot holes you could drive a tank through, some trulyThis movie gets a 1 for me only because of the visuals and the music. I torrented this because I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth my money and boy was I right. A ridiculous plot with plot holes you could drive a tank through, some truly terrible performances and the title character being a bad guy for most of the film (not that you would even notice unless you were really paying attention) before changing sides for no discernable reason to help the good guys win. This film is horrible and should not be watched by anyone. Expand
DuckNationJun 1, 2014
"You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

"You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

Surprisingly i have never seen the original Tron movie despite it being one of the most well known sci-fi movies ever but whats more of a surprise is that sci-fi is my favorite genre and i haven't seen it so with that it still took a while for me to finally get around to watching this movie but damn was it awesome. I know that the critics didn't care for the movie but seriously you can never take what they say on faith and you just have to watch the movie for yourself and when i finally did i found myself liking it more then others. The film boast amazing visuals with top notch CGI, a likable cast, a decent story, and a spectacular soundtrack but where the film fails is how predicable it and its characters can be at time also that i didn't care for the whole father son relationship story arc in the film. Still though i had a really enjoyable time watching this movie and would honestly recommend it to people that have yet to see it.

The film follows Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and after talking to his fathers friend Alan who received a message from his father Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) who has been missing for the past 20 years, Sam goes down to his dads old video arcade place to check it out. He soon finds a old computer and after messing around with it he unknowingly transports himself into a digital world known as "The Grid". He is soon caught and taken to what is called "The Games" a huge arena where a bunch of programs fight each other with their digital identity discs. This was actually the most fun part of the movie seeing Sam fight against the programs then seeing him fight on the motorcycles it was a thrilling spectacle to watch with a amazing use of CGI that was a absolute wonder to look at.

While in the games Sam is rescued by a mysterious person we soon come to learn that this is Quorra (Olivia Wilde) she is his friends with his father and is taking him to meet him. From here we find out why Sam received the message and its not for the reason he was thinking, now its up to the three of them to stop Kevin's evils digital clone Clu who has gone mad with trying to make everything perfect resulting in Clu committing genocide on a entire digital race called ISO's. The story does have its fair share of plot holes some minor some big still though in the end i enjoyed its story and its flaws weren't that big of a problem to me as it is with others. My favorite part of the movie i would have to say was the Club scene for sure DAFT PUNK in the DJ booth blaring great tunes while we great to see a kick ass action sequence also seeing Olivia Wilde kick some ass was just totally awesome.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Now i know some people didn't like the younger digital face of Jeff Bridges but honestly its not has bad as what people make it out to be and to be honest i was rather impressed by how it looked now i didn't see it in theaters and maybe they touched it up a little more when they released it out on Blu ray/DVD but i cant say. Other then that i absolutely loved Olivia Wilde in this she looked simply gorgeous and her character was awesome also it would have cool to see a bit more of Tron as he was totally kick ass in all his parts.
FranzHcriticJul 22, 2014
The difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive,The difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive, but also common and stale. The story has stale acting from a majority of the cast, and a story lacking surprise and motivation to watch it.. Jeff Bridges, being a great actor, has an emotional depth to him, and I was surprised by Olivia Wilde. The story is what has to make the movie, unfortunately, and it didn't hit me. Expand
MovieGuysApr 23, 2014
It's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving graceIt's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving grace is some pretty cool CGI and special effects. Expand
FreedomFightersDec 5, 2016
Considering the gigantic cult following that the first "Tron" film received, it's no shock that people wanted a sequel. Considering that the first film didn't do particularly well in the box office, it's no shock that it took many years and aConsidering the gigantic cult following that the first "Tron" film received, it's no shock that people wanted a sequel. Considering that the first film didn't do particularly well in the box office, it's no shock that it took many years and a lot of fan support to get the sequel made. Almost 30 years later, "Tron" is back with "Tron: Legacy." And is the return worth it? Well, it depends on what you are expecting. "Tron: Legacy" is very obviously beautiful: it's clear that a lot of time was put into making the visuals as beautiful as possible, and the effort shows. That said, there's almost no substance to the film whatsoever, and most of your love for the film will be for the pretty lights and the visuals. On top of that, it's unfortunately not that fun. I'd honestly say it's kinda boring. Whether or not you get enjoyment out of this film essentially lives and dies with how much you love visuals. It's the perfect film to show off your home theater setup with, but all in all, I can only recommend it if you absolutely love bright lights and don't go in expecting any kind of substance whatsoever. If you're fine with "style over substance" films, "Tron: Legacy" should be perfect for you, but if you want a decent story and memorable characters, there are far more enticing options out there. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 20, 2013
TRON ecstasy.
TRON ecstasy.
The entire movie is dull, boring, and feels completely fake. The characters are bland and unbelievable, the effects are good, but the dialogue is terrible. The film feels like its simply riding the coat tails of its predecessor, and never grows into its shoes.
FlipsternipJan 3, 2014
In my opinion, this a great movie! It has a great story, and the effects and the fake lights are amazing! I saw it in 3d, and it was one of my favorite movies I have ever seen! I would definitely get this movie on dvd or blueray!
MetaCrypticMay 13, 2014
This movie could of had so much potential, so much to show, so much to explore...but came in short.

This movie could of done better had we been brought closer to the digital society, ive felt like we didn't see enough outside of the arena. for that i was kinda disappointing.

BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie. Disney made the right decision on hiring Daft Punk to develop the Tron Legacy Sound Track, who else but Daft Punk...Genius.
OzyApr 2, 2014
Tron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic ITron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know it will form part of a trilogy at the very least. The makers have planted enough seeds that will make the next instalment very meaningful. This is probably one for the guys, the girls will be bored in the first 15mins. Daft Punks music suited it well too. Expand
DenisManuOct 12, 2014
Tron Legacy is the sequel to the 1982 Tron.This movie look marvelous and sounds amazing.You haven't lived if you haven't seen this movie yet.The acting isn't bad nor the script,they are okay.
Th3GreenHorne7Jul 4, 2015
TRON: Legacy is one of the most visually striking films I have ever seen, based on the popular video game from the 80's, this does a perfect representation of the game. The story is so good you could literally grasp it in the palm of yourTRON: Legacy is one of the most visually striking films I have ever seen, based on the popular video game from the 80's, this does a perfect representation of the game. The story is so good you could literally grasp it in the palm of your hand. Now as always, Jeff Bridges gives a great performance as CLU and his recurring role as Kevin Flynn. I wasn't impressed with the performance of Garrett Hedlund who played Sam Flynn, to me was just a little too stale, he said things that excessively used all the time with give me a headache. Then there's the beautiful Olivia Wilde who's performance as Quorra was incredible, she never had one flaw but to me she was one of the films perfect characters. Disney had announced that they are coming out with another TRON films sooner are later, but TRON: Legacy was a very exciting thrill ride. Expand
CineAutoctonoAug 1, 2015
Tron Legacy met these purposes: special effects, production design , the argument distinguishes that of 33 years ago , but there is a little thing that does not fit but for me this movie is good.
MelloJelloSep 27, 2015
This movie is atrocious. Everything in it either strains the eyes, or is repeated over and over again to drive the point into the little kiddies' brains who haven't even seen the original. Do we really need to hear over and over again thatThis movie is atrocious. Everything in it either strains the eyes, or is repeated over and over again to drive the point into the little kiddies' brains who haven't even seen the original. Do we really need to hear over and over again that this or that happened? The plot is hard to follow and doesn't make any sense. I continue seeing people say that the special effects are good, but with a budget of $170 million dollars, I think they could do better than L.E.D. lights. The only good thing I can say about it is that the soundtrack is amazing. I can honestly say I would listen to it in my free time. This movie is insulting to the fans of the original. It's like a giant middle finger from Disney. Expand
EpicLadySpongeFeb 20, 2016
TRON: Legacy doesn't live up by its name. Instead only being enjoyable to fans of the franchise and most moviegoers out there. This movie could try to entertain me a bit better though.
choomtabi31Mar 8, 2016
Really enjoyed this movie. Love how they manage to bring back Jeff Bridges character and tie the first movie into this one. Also visually beautiful.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1692409-TRON-Legacy-online-free