Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: December 17, 2010
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 797 Ratings
Watch Now
EpsilonSigmaMuMay 9, 2017
Is this a perfect film? No. Is it my favourite film of all time? Yes. Why? Because I love Tron. It doesn't get more biased than this, but if you can look past the admittedly confusing plot points, and occasional wooden acting, and instead seeIs this a perfect film? No. Is it my favourite film of all time? Yes. Why? Because I love Tron. It doesn't get more biased than this, but if you can look past the admittedly confusing plot points, and occasional wooden acting, and instead see the dazzling visuals, rich and stylistic design and world building, fantastic sound engineering and a flat out sublime soundtrack, you might be able to appreciate Tron: Legacy on SOME level close to what I do. I doubt it, though. Words can't describe how much I love Tron. Hell, I can barely do it justice. Expand
FreedomFightersDec 5, 2016
Considering the gigantic cult following that the first "Tron" film received, it's no shock that people wanted a sequel. Considering that the first film didn't do particularly well in the box office, it's no shock that it took many years and aConsidering the gigantic cult following that the first "Tron" film received, it's no shock that people wanted a sequel. Considering that the first film didn't do particularly well in the box office, it's no shock that it took many years and a lot of fan support to get the sequel made. Almost 30 years later, "Tron" is back with "Tron: Legacy." And is the return worth it? Well, it depends on what you are expecting. "Tron: Legacy" is very obviously beautiful: it's clear that a lot of time was put into making the visuals as beautiful as possible, and the effort shows. That said, there's almost no substance to the film whatsoever, and most of your love for the film will be for the pretty lights and the visuals. On top of that, it's unfortunately not that fun. I'd honestly say it's kinda boring. Whether or not you get enjoyment out of this film essentially lives and dies with how much you love visuals. It's the perfect film to show off your home theater setup with, but all in all, I can only recommend it if you absolutely love bright lights and don't go in expecting any kind of substance whatsoever. If you're fine with "style over substance" films, "Tron: Legacy" should be perfect for you, but if you want a decent story and memorable characters, there are far more enticing options out there. Expand
choomtabi31Mar 8, 2016
Really enjoyed this movie. Love how they manage to bring back Jeff Bridges character and tie the first movie into this one. Also visually beautiful.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1692409-TRON-Legacy-online-free
EpicLadySpongeFeb 20, 2016
TRON: Legacy doesn't live up by its name. Instead only being enjoyable to fans of the franchise and most moviegoers out there. This movie could try to entertain me a bit better though.
MelloJelloSep 27, 2015
This movie is atrocious. Everything in it either strains the eyes, or is repeated over and over again to drive the point into the little kiddies' brains who haven't even seen the original. Do we really need to hear over and over again thatThis movie is atrocious. Everything in it either strains the eyes, or is repeated over and over again to drive the point into the little kiddies' brains who haven't even seen the original. Do we really need to hear over and over again that this or that happened? The plot is hard to follow and doesn't make any sense. I continue seeing people say that the special effects are good, but with a budget of $170 million dollars, I think they could do better than L.E.D. lights. The only good thing I can say about it is that the soundtrack is amazing. I can honestly say I would listen to it in my free time. This movie is insulting to the fans of the original. It's like a giant middle finger from Disney. Expand
CineAutoctonoAug 1, 2015
Tron Legacy met these purposes: special effects, production design , the argument distinguishes that of 33 years ago , but there is a little thing that does not fit but for me this movie is good.
Th3GreenHorne7Jul 4, 2015
TRON: Legacy is one of the most visually striking films I have ever seen, based on the popular video game from the 80's, this does a perfect representation of the game. The story is so good you could literally grasp it in the palm of yourTRON: Legacy is one of the most visually striking films I have ever seen, based on the popular video game from the 80's, this does a perfect representation of the game. The story is so good you could literally grasp it in the palm of your hand. Now as always, Jeff Bridges gives a great performance as CLU and his recurring role as Kevin Flynn. I wasn't impressed with the performance of Garrett Hedlund who played Sam Flynn, to me was just a little too stale, he said things that excessively used all the time with give me a headache. Then there's the beautiful Olivia Wilde who's performance as Quorra was incredible, she never had one flaw but to me she was one of the films perfect characters. Disney had announced that they are coming out with another TRON films sooner are later, but TRON: Legacy was a very exciting thrill ride. Expand
HomeCriticJun 8, 2015
A sequel, that takes its colorful and somewhat goofy predecessor to the darker, giddier simulation. Having an interesting backstory and refreshing philosophical inquiries, it unfortunately falls short in capturing the main ideas and that leftA sequel, that takes its colorful and somewhat goofy predecessor to the darker, giddier simulation. Having an interesting backstory and refreshing philosophical inquiries, it unfortunately falls short in capturing the main ideas and that left me wanting so much more. Acting and dialogues were rather weak, average at best. Considering Jeff Bridges put on his mentor/Dude look, you'd expect more charisma.
However, the main character in this movie is the visual style and music and it more than delivers what it promised. Sleek, glossy futuristic setting created quite an unforgettable spectacle. Daft Punk made a spectacular job, the soundtrack was superb. All that blended into a fuse of visual and acoustic joy.
gambit21xdJun 4, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Look all that i got to say after 4 well going to five years since it came out all i have to say is the movie is flawed, but enjoyable, from the scenery that takes place in the grid, something that was recreated from a computer that ran 2mb per minute and im saying in the making of the film, this was the biggest part that was great in my opinion, the grid is so far the best cgi created image in a scale as half of the map of a new RPG most recent The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt... I'm going off topic here, the thing is sequels that got us waiting for years is a bad thing, if handled badly, direction was good, the cast was average, but it lacked one thing the title character TRON, uptly named Rinzler, and how did he came to be RInzler, TRON Uprising was gonna answer the question, but sadly it got cancelled, like recently TRON 3, but why?, call it TRON 3, after all Tron died in the grid Presumed so as the rest of the programs, Disney now profiting for their new Cows to milk like the MCU, and the new SWCU(yes not a joke that's the Star Wars Universe name now.) And also the soundtrack by Daft Punk, Groing up with some songs that i heard from movies got me into some Gernes as Alt. Rock, Electronic, Orchestra, Daft Punk fuses their base Electronica w/h some Orchestra, and it sounded great, i hadnt heard it recently, but the most tense songs was track 4, the characters in this movie we see the return of two base characters(clu and rinzler doesnt count even rinzler is tron, and clu is it's second revision, if you want to see the fate of Clu 1.0 watch TRON) Clu 2.0 is the overseer of the grid naming himself the ruler, filled with an ego of perfection, and organizing the programs with each sector and punishing them with execution, or to play the "Games" which was the original program way of an unwanted entrance or an easy legal execution.(we'll go into it later) Sam Flynn the son of the dissapeared Kevin Flynn, he was a rash and uneasy character to "like" not in a bad way, he is an interesting character but we don't know much of him or the gap from (1989 - 2010) he mentioned a few but not to win the audience over. Quora the last remaining iso(again covering that later) she is the rebel, or most likely the renegade trained by Flynn (watch Uprising it is a good show with a good cast). Kevin Flynn the man who created clu he is a user like Sam but he is the first user to get into the grid (see TRON it is a good movie even if it's dated it is still a good movie) he tried to make the perfect system where programs and isos can be together where there is peace, who got obsesed with the grid after Maria's Death in '85. the extras the programs who inhabit the world of the grid are barely seen, in most cases fights but the interaction on each are lifeless, the isos mostly Zeus who repaired himself after he suffered an attack (watch a walkthrough of TRON Evolution or buy it used on gamestop) the army of clu are lifeless dolls who have no personallity with good reason, Clu has mannage to reprogram most of the programs that were derezzed or rectafied and they are sent to the reprograming center to be a part of clu's army, the humans these lacked personallity except Adam Bradly the man who created TRON who became the CEO of encom after the dissapearence of Flynn, and the extras as well lacked even the son of the former CEO of encom lacked any emotion he was mostly dressed like a hipster but a smart programer, sorta like is father. the setting and plot here were at the weakest point of the film how they handled the plot, the story wasn't well placed as it was a puddle who dried up after wards it had excitment curiosity and a lot of action, the down fall was the hype, like any other, the setting gets merits it is dark and what i liked about it were the new locals and the designs of the programs, not the suit, i mean how the programs look and talk some may look in a state of despair and some look decimated with the cubic scars or literall depth how should i say this they scared me and the derezzing and they'er cry after that also gave me goosbumps, and the discs the new disks looks slick and more agile with cqc or from far distance and they come back like Captain Americas Sheild or the original Light disk, then there's the vehicles like the redesigned light bikes and they looked great so as the EMCOM1 bike, the Redesigned Recognizer, and also the Light Runner. After that lets go into it's message the ISOs caused fear to the programs as did humans when they discovered new lands the isos didnt know what to do the code they had would shape humanity as we know it, but Clu fell to fear and fear got him to extinct the isos "killing" tron (Uprising watch it now) and restoring the grid were most of the critical points and that there will be no questions asked i give TRON: Legacy a total score of 7, i like this movie but i cant hate it Not like ROTF but tron gave me a fun experience and so others and if you want to watch it is your choice END OF LINE. Expand
LJHayesApr 13, 2015
Predictable, cliche, dull, uneventful, contrived by the numbers cash grab. Some pretty visuals. Decent acting though not outstanding. Nightmarish CGI on Jeff Bridges face. Gets the most mileage out of playing up nostalgia but that wears thinPredictable, cliche, dull, uneventful, contrived by the numbers cash grab. Some pretty visuals. Decent acting though not outstanding. Nightmarish CGI on Jeff Bridges face. Gets the most mileage out of playing up nostalgia but that wears thin about half way through. Expand
Iky009Nov 22, 2014
Only draws attention by its great visuals, otherwise the story is not amazing the characters are shallow and monotonous plot. .
DenisManuOct 12, 2014
Tron Legacy is the sequel to the 1982 Tron.This movie look marvelous and sounds amazing.You haven't lived if you haven't seen this movie yet.The acting isn't bad nor the script,they are okay.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
I haven't seen the original TRON movie, and I'm wondering if maybe that would have made some details a bit clearer.

What exactly the Grid is, or where it is, I'm not exactly sure even after seeing the movie. Not important, though. The

The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack reminded me a lot of "Inception", although that's where the resemblance ends.

It was nice to see Garrett Hedlund again. All in all the actor performances were nothing special. A whole lot of history wasn't given to them, or depth, and especially Tron's history and life were left much into the shadows, although he was one of the core characters. Zuse was a nice splatter of humor in the middle of it all.

The story moved nicely, and managed not to become too difficult to follow. The style of the movie appealed to me (clothing, make-up).

Not exactly what I was expecting, but a good movie nonetheless, especially for someone who has no prior knowledge of the franchise.
FranzHcriticJul 22, 2014
The difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive,The difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive, but also common and stale. The story has stale acting from a majority of the cast, and a story lacking surprise and motivation to watch it.. Jeff Bridges, being a great actor, has an emotional depth to him, and I was surprised by Olivia Wilde. The story is what has to make the movie, unfortunately, and it didn't hit me. Expand
DuckNationJun 1, 2014
"You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

"You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

Surprisingly i have never seen the original Tron movie despite it being one of the most well known sci-fi movies ever but whats more of a surprise is that sci-fi is my favorite genre and i haven't seen it so with that it still took a while for me to finally get around to watching this movie but damn was it awesome. I know that the critics didn't care for the movie but seriously you can never take what they say on faith and you just have to watch the movie for yourself and when i finally did i found myself liking it more then others. The film boast amazing visuals with top notch CGI, a likable cast, a decent story, and a spectacular soundtrack but where the film fails is how predicable it and its characters can be at time also that i didn't care for the whole father son relationship story arc in the film. Still though i had a really enjoyable time watching this movie and would honestly recommend it to people that have yet to see it.

The film follows Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and after talking to his fathers friend Alan who received a message from his father Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) who has been missing for the past 20 years, Sam goes down to his dads old video arcade place to check it out. He soon finds a old computer and after messing around with it he unknowingly transports himself into a digital world known as "The Grid". He is soon caught and taken to what is called "The Games" a huge arena where a bunch of programs fight each other with their digital identity discs. This was actually the most fun part of the movie seeing Sam fight against the programs then seeing him fight on the motorcycles it was a thrilling spectacle to watch with a amazing use of CGI that was a absolute wonder to look at.

While in the games Sam is rescued by a mysterious person we soon come to learn that this is Quorra (Olivia Wilde) she is his friends with his father and is taking him to meet him. From here we find out why Sam received the message and its not for the reason he was thinking, now its up to the three of them to stop Kevin's evils digital clone Clu who has gone mad with trying to make everything perfect resulting in Clu committing genocide on a entire digital race called ISO's. The story does have its fair share of plot holes some minor some big still though in the end i enjoyed its story and its flaws weren't that big of a problem to me as it is with others. My favorite part of the movie i would have to say was the Club scene for sure DAFT PUNK in the DJ booth blaring great tunes while we great to see a kick ass action sequence also seeing Olivia Wilde kick some ass was just totally awesome.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Now i know some people didn't like the younger digital face of Jeff Bridges but honestly its not has bad as what people make it out to be and to be honest i was rather impressed by how it looked now i didn't see it in theaters and maybe they touched it up a little more when they released it out on Blu ray/DVD but i cant say. Other then that i absolutely loved Olivia Wilde in this she looked simply gorgeous and her character was awesome also it would have cool to see a bit more of Tron as he was totally kick ass in all his parts.
MetaCrypticMay 13, 2014
This movie could of had so much potential, so much to show, so much to explore...but came in short.

This movie could of done better had we been brought closer to the digital society, ive felt like we didn't see enough outside of the arena. for that i was kinda disappointing.

BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie. Disney made the right decision on hiring Daft Punk to develop the Tron Legacy Sound Track, who else but Daft Punk...Genius.
MovieGuysApr 23, 2014
It's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving graceIt's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving grace is some pretty cool CGI and special effects. Expand
OzyApr 2, 2014
Tron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic ITron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know it will form part of a trilogy at the very least. The makers have planted enough seeds that will make the next instalment very meaningful. This is probably one for the guys, the girls will be bored in the first 15mins. Daft Punks music suited it well too. Expand
SchroederRockFeb 13, 2014
A visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level ofA visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level of technical detail put into the film. Everything about it is great, except there's that notion of shallowness that can't be escaped. A great movie should be rewatchable multiple times, and while Legacy does so much to entertain your visual and audible senses (Daft Punks original score for the movie is OUTSTANDING), the way the story is told feels a bit underwhelming considering how impressive everything else is. I absolutely love this film and I hope Disney puts more into the story next time (there's confirmation that, at this time, a follow up movie is in the works). The actors were fantastic (how can you say no to Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde!?), I just could have used more weight to the plot instead of a very cookie-cutter format. Still, I highly recommend this movie! Expand
AlienSpaceBatsJan 25, 2014
All style, no substance. Impressive in the audio/visual department, with little going on elsewhere. When it finishes recreating scenes from the 1982 film, it's bland, predictable and boring.
FlipsternipJan 3, 2014
In my opinion, this a great movie! It has a great story, and the effects and the fake lights are amazing! I saw it in 3d, and it was one of my favorite movies I have ever seen! I would definitely get this movie on dvd or blueray!
RayzorMooseNov 20, 2013
TRON ecstasy.
TRON ecstasy.
The entire movie is dull, boring, and feels completely fake. The characters are bland and unbelievable, the effects are good, but the dialogue is terrible. The film feels like its simply riding the coat tails of its predecessor, and never grows into its shoes.
ThegodfathersonOct 26, 2013
First time feature director Kosinski delivers thrills and a touch of heartache inside a very impressive palate of colors and noise. And I'm not afraid to admit that, as completely muddled and incomprehensible as modern action sequences haveFirst time feature director Kosinski delivers thrills and a touch of heartache inside a very impressive palate of colors and noise. And I'm not afraid to admit that, as completely muddled and incomprehensible as modern action sequences have become, I enjoyed the fact that our heroes and villains were color-coded. Try to make it to an IMAX theatre for this one. Expand
bravesermormontAug 3, 2013
This movie gets a 1 for me only because of the visuals and the music. I torrented this because I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth my money and boy was I right. A ridiculous plot with plot holes you could drive a tank through, some trulyThis movie gets a 1 for me only because of the visuals and the music. I torrented this because I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth my money and boy was I right. A ridiculous plot with plot holes you could drive a tank through, some truly terrible performances and the title character being a bad guy for most of the film (not that you would even notice unless you were really paying attention) before changing sides for no discernable reason to help the good guys win. This film is horrible and should not be watched by anyone. Expand
DibbHansenJul 18, 2013
A very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and thatA very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and that soundtrack by Daft Punk is something everyone can enjoy! This is a great film! Expand
AlvaradoKTAJul 17, 2013
Without comparing it to the original, Tron: Legacy is a fun movie. There is action all throughout paired with a cool soundtrack. the story is short and is done with descent acting. Not bad.
ViolettMay 21, 2013
I have no idea why critics have put so low rating on this movie. Not an absolute masterpiece, but this very unique movie allows you to throw a sight on bright computer world alongside with marvellous Daft Punk music. Fights are very brightI have no idea why critics have put so low rating on this movie. Not an absolute masterpiece, but this very unique movie allows you to throw a sight on bright computer world alongside with marvellous Daft Punk music. Fights are very bright and dynamic. Olivia Wilde is very hot, and Jeff Brisged is cool also. If you are fun of cyberpunk this is your movie, even if you are not definitely worth watching. I bet half of critics who gave this movie low rating is old grannys afraid of explosions, flashes and speciall effects. Expand
MrThehammer171May 16, 2013
it freaking awesome get it now
molemaster43Apr 6, 2013
Tron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of theTron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of the movie. However, I felt that the plot was somewhat confusing. I was having a bit of trouble following it. Overall, this movie is visually stunning, but the story and plot fall flat of what I had hoped for. Expand
LuiGMar 24, 2013
Really gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, evenReally gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I could seriously print any frame in this film and it would look amazing. Just for the music and the style id give it a 10! Expand