7.1

1. Jan 3, 2013
    The visuals of the film look great (and it makes good use of 3D as well), The acting is solid, but I think the plot, which was sort of stupid, definently hurt the value of the film quite a bit. However, I enjoyed watching it so much that I can look past that. Definently underrated by critics imo.
  2. Apr 23, 2014
    It's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving grace is some pretty cool CGI and special effects.
  3. Oct 26, 2013
    First time feature director Kosinski delivers thrills and a touch of heartache inside a very impressive palate of colors and noise. And I'm not afraid to admit that, as completely muddled and incomprehensible as modern action sequences have become, I enjoyed the fact that our heroes and villains were color-coded. Try to make it to an IMAX theatre for this one.
  4. Oct 15, 2011
    Truly spectacular, while I haven't seen the original Tron I really loved this movie, the world is awesome, characters are fantastic, and it just has an amazing atmosphere to it, it's action packed and just a lot of fun to watch, and the special effects and the cool suits they wear are awesome, and the ending has me hoping for another movie, truly a spectacular ride form beginning to end.
  5. Aug 24, 2014
    I haven't seen the original TRON movie, and I'm wondering if maybe that would have made some details a bit clearer.

What exactly the Grid is, or where it is, I'm not exactly sure even after seeing the movie. Not important, though. The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack

The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack reminded me a lot of "Inception", although that's where the resemblance ends.

It was nice to see Garrett Hedlund again. All in all the actor performances were nothing special. A whole lot of history wasn't given to them, or depth, and especially Tron's history and life were left much into the shadows, although he was one of the core characters. Zuse was a nice splatter of humor in the middle of it all.

The story moved nicely, and managed not to become too difficult to follow. The style of the movie appealed to me (clothing, make-up).

Not exactly what I was expecting, but a good movie nonetheless, especially for someone who has no prior knowledge of the franchise.
  6. Nov 29, 2012
    It's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality of the setting and concept do not do enough to compensate for the terrible acting, mediocre effects, cheesy dialogue, and prolonged plot. This movie, whileIt's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality of the setting and concept do not do enough to compensate for the terrible acting, mediocre effects, cheesy dialogue, and prolonged plot. This movie, while not so original, compensates for that by actually having pretty decent acting, amazing effects, a plot that isn't dull and boring, and is just in general a much more entertaining movie. It's only real flaw for me was that it left behind the concept of the personalities of the computer programs and was essentially just another modern science fiction movie with cool effects. The world feels almost more alien than computer. I also thought they could've expanded on the ending quite a bit. The movie ends with them talking about "changing the world" but no method for this is explained in any way. I assume they left it open like that in order to whore out the franchise in the ensuing years with sequels but I'm a believer that movies should be able to stand alone.

On a side note, if you watch this movie on blu-ray, be sure to check out the extra called "Flynn Lives" after you watch the movie. It's one of the most interesting extra features I've ever seen in movies. Most movies just throw in useless deleted scenes, interviews, and some segments on how things were made. Most people don't really care about that stuff, however, this extra is one that they could've, and actually should've included after the credits. I think a lot of people would've been interested to watch these 5 minutes after the film since it fit so well. Also, I've gotta mention Olivia Wilde. Obviously she's absolutely beautiful. However, I thought her character completely stole the screen. Quorra might have been the only really interesting character in the movie and Olivia Wilde did a great job in portraying that. Overall, this was a really good movie that might not appeal as much to the nerd niche but one that I think more people would enjoy.
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    TRON: LEGACY is a visually impressive and entertaining film that was great in 3D and is really fun. But in some parts, I didn't like the acting that much.
  8. Dec 20, 2011
    I am suprised that critics hated it so much, It actually was pretty good. The action scenes were good and the acting was ok (I expected better) and the story was true to the series but lets be honest - The story sucked, It wasnt interesting and it ended so poorly that it left me saying "I watched this movie just for that?". The story brought it down a lot but the enjoyable moments throughI am suprised that critics hated it so much, It actually was pretty good. The action scenes were good and the acting was ok (I expected better) and the story was true to the series but lets be honest - The story sucked, It wasnt interesting and it ended so poorly that it left me saying "I watched this movie just for that?". The story brought it down a lot but the enjoyable moments through out the movie made it worth the watch. Expand
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    I actually thought it was pretty good. Solid acting and good effects as well, Works well in 3D too. The downfalls of it though is the rather long run time, Far too long if you ask me. Also while its entertaining for the most part, Its rather boring at times as well. Overall its still rather good.
  10. Jun 1, 2014
    "You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

"You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

Surprisingly i have never seen the original Tron movie despite it being one of the most well known sci-fi movies ever but whats more of a surprise is that sci-fi is my favorite genre and i haven't seen it so with that it still took a while for me to finally get around to watching this movie but damn was it awesome. I know that the critics didn't care for the movie but seriously you can never take what they say on faith and you just have to watch the movie for yourself and when i finally did i found myself liking it more then others. The film boast amazing visuals with top notch CGI, a likable cast, a decent story, and a spectacular soundtrack but where the film fails is how predicable it and its characters can be at time also that i didn't care for the whole father son relationship story arc in the film. Still though i had a really enjoyable time watching this movie and would honestly recommend it to people that have yet to see it.

The film follows Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and after talking to his fathers friend Alan who received a message from his father Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) who has been missing for the past 20 years, Sam goes down to his dads old video arcade place to check it out. He soon finds a old computer and after messing around with it he unknowingly transports himself into a digital world known as "The Grid". He is soon caught and taken to what is called "The Games" a huge arena where a bunch of programs fight each other with their digital identity discs. This was actually the most fun part of the movie seeing Sam fight against the programs then seeing him fight on the motorcycles it was a thrilling spectacle to watch with a amazing use of CGI that was a absolute wonder to look at.

While in the games Sam is rescued by a mysterious person we soon come to learn that this is Quorra (Olivia Wilde) she is his friends with his father and is taking him to meet him. From here we find out why Sam received the message and its not for the reason he was thinking, now its up to the three of them to stop Kevin's evils digital clone Clu who has gone mad with trying to make everything perfect resulting in Clu committing genocide on a entire digital race called ISO's. The story does have its fair share of plot holes some minor some big still though in the end i enjoyed its story and its flaws weren't that big of a problem to me as it is with others. My favorite part of the movie i would have to say was the Club scene for sure DAFT PUNK in the DJ booth blaring great tunes while we great to see a kick ass action sequence also seeing Olivia Wilde kick some ass was just totally awesome.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Now i know some people didn't like the younger digital face of Jeff Bridges but honestly its not has bad as what people make it out to be and to be honest i was rather impressed by how it looked now i didn't see it in theaters and maybe they touched it up a little more when they released it out on Blu ray/DVD but i cant say. Other then that i absolutely loved Olivia Wilde in this she looked simply gorgeous and her character was awesome also it would have cool to see a bit more of Tron as he was totally kick ass in all his parts.
  11. Feb 8, 2011
    A masterpiece that definitely lives up to its predecessor. However, I don't get why some critics are whining about the script/plot. It seriously wasn't that hard to follow. Personally, I had a harder time following Inception's plot, and I saw the damn movie twice!
  12. Dec 18, 2010
    "Words Can't Describe , the intensity , the Graphics , the Tron!. Tron Legacy is one 3D spectacle that dares to be reckoned with , its truly amicable , from the moment you enter the grid till you leave .. Tron Legacy will have you wanting more" .. A
  13. Jun 3, 2011
    I guess I really don't see what the critics see because I saw nothing wrong with this film. The acting was good, the visuals were stunning and the soundtrack was amazing I bought it right after I saw the movie. This movie was great. The only negative thing I have to say about it is their weren't enough games. Their shouldve been way more battles, but other than that the father and sonI guess I really don't see what the critics see because I saw nothing wrong with this film. The acting was good, the visuals were stunning and the soundtrack was amazing I bought it right after I saw the movie. This movie was great. The only negative thing I have to say about it is their weren't enough games. Their shouldve been way more battles, but other than that the father and son story was great, the sound effects were ecstatic, and like I said before the soundtrack was the best I've heard in a movie in a LONG time, Daft Punk is amazing at what he does. I hope theirs a third. This movie deserves high praise, 10/10. Expand
  14. Jun 2, 2011
    Superbly entertaining! A visual event that pulled me in quick and kept me there the whole time. For those that do not know much of the Tron history, this film does well with educating a new audience while also giving some deserved flavor to old time fans. Performances all around are excellent with Bridges stealing the show!
  15. Aug 20, 2011
    I absolutely loved the movie. The lightcycle races and the disc wars were absolutely spectacular and Jeff Bridges gave his all in a great performance. And Daft Punk is just the cherry on top! Possibly the best family movie I have seen since Monsters VS Aliens.
  16. Aug 23, 2011
    Il fallait s'y attendre, Tron l'Héritage n'est pas une perle question scénario (histoire lisse, personnages sans intérêt). Mais le film se démarque (comme on s'y attendait également) par son ambiance electro pop (bruitages, bo de Daft Punk) ainsi que par son rendu visuel époustouflant (accessoires,Il fallait s'y attendre, Tron l'Héritage n'est pas une perle question scénario (histoire lisse, personnages sans intérêt). Mais le film se démarque (comme on s'y attendait également) par son ambiance electro pop (bruitages, bo de Daft Punk) ainsi que par son rendu visuel époustouflant (accessoires, costumes, décors, effets numériques). Au final, Tron 2 reste un spectacle ébourrifant et grandiose. Expand
  17. Mar 20, 2013
    Better then the original to me. Better Effects, Better Cast/Acting, Better Story. I say this film was also one of the best in 2010. The plot is fairly decent, more interesting then the original. I say watch this if your looking for something fun, but don't look too deep into the plot.
  18. Sep 11, 2011
    The first Tron movie had some groundbreaking ideas to virtual space but Tron legacy fails to explore any new themes or sci-fi ideas. The world of Tron legacy was simply a fantasy world rather than exploring a scifi world within a computer which is a missed opportunity. The movie has a great soundtrack and some of the visual direction is brilliant, the CGI animated young Jeff Bridges wasThe first Tron movie had some groundbreaking ideas to virtual space but Tron legacy fails to explore any new themes or sci-fi ideas. The world of Tron legacy was simply a fantasy world rather than exploring a scifi world within a computer which is a missed opportunity. The movie has a great soundtrack and some of the visual direction is brilliant, the CGI animated young Jeff Bridges was awful, did not work and ruined the movie for me every time the animated character spoke. I rate Tron fairly well dispite these short comings as I loved its soundtrack so much, its a shame they didnt take more chances with the sci-fi ideas and its CGI Jeff Bridges. Expand
  19. Feb 26, 2013
    TRON: Legacy is an awesome science fiction adventure and even though I am no fan of Daft Punk, I thought the musical score was very, very good. It fit the mood perfectly. The animations are brilliantly done, nearly every scene is a piece of art and the costumes looked great. My gripe with this movie is that although the acting was good, especially the fighting cheography, they could haveTRON: Legacy is an awesome science fiction adventure and even though I am no fan of Daft Punk, I thought the musical score was very, very good. It fit the mood perfectly. The animations are brilliantly done, nearly every scene is a piece of art and the costumes looked great. My gripe with this movie is that although the acting was good, especially the fighting cheography, they could have perhaps made what was being said more meaningful at times. It felt to me that some of the things uttered by the characters were redundant and a scene would have been more majestic if they had kept quiet or were given something else to say. For example, at some point a character utters "Long live the users!" and it comes across as quite powerful, very neat quote. The very same character is then made to proclaim "death to the users" and to me it sort of felt as if though it undid some character development there. I thought that Jeff Bridges as the protagonist's father was a good match, I liked his 80's attitude but as the antagonist he simply lacked the charisma to pull off a convincing villain, especially during the speech scene near the end. I would have also liked for the movie to be a bit more technologically-savy oriented. A bit of a pet-peeve but it seemed to me like they could have gotten more out of the movie if they had somehow incorporated some of today's existing terminology into the storyline so that less things seem to happen as if by magic. The hacker angle wasn't exploited enough (for a change!). Plot was slightly on the weak side and the movie seemed to slow down near the end but that straightened itself out mostly and the film came together in the end. I never saw TRON (1982) but it's been bumped up my priority list. Expand
  20. Jul 18, 2013
    A very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and that soundtrack by Daft Punk is something everyone can enjoy! This is a great film!
  21. Jan 21, 2011
    Tron Legacy is far from a perfect movie. I found it to be a bit slow in some parts and the plot line is typical. However, the 3D and action are excellent, the characters are great, and the acting is solid. The film also has a solid conclusion. Tron is a movie that is worth checking out, especially with the cool 3D.
  22. Jan 2, 2012
    Very stylish film with an outstanding soundtrack. However like a poorly thought out pie it sags in the middle and all the time they are "advancing the plot" and talking about ISO's, etc, you long for them to go back and have another lightcycle race or disc battle. Olivia Wilde is great, Jeff Bridges is ok reprising an earlier role ("The Dude" from the big lebowski), however the actorVery stylish film with an outstanding soundtrack. However like a poorly thought out pie it sags in the middle and all the time they are "advancing the plot" and talking about ISO's, etc, you long for them to go back and have another lightcycle race or disc battle. Olivia Wilde is great, Jeff Bridges is ok reprising an earlier role ("The Dude" from the big lebowski), however the actor playing Sam Flynn is an unengaging cookie-cutter hero. I really hope the sequel is better than this. Overall ok, but not as good as it could have been. Expand
  23. Dec 27, 2010
    "Tron Legacy" is what you would call pure eye candy with a heavy visual twist much like "The Matrix"(1998) and "Inception"(2010) the only thing that separates these two films from Legacy is there deep rooted stories groundbreaking visuals, thought provoking premises and phenomenal scripts from there respective directors. This sequel of the 1982 cult classic is rather simple stuff the"Tron Legacy" is what you would call pure eye candy with a heavy visual twist much like "The Matrix"(1998) and "Inception"(2010) the only thing that separates these two films from Legacy is there deep rooted stories groundbreaking visuals, thought provoking premises and phenomenal scripts from there respective directors. This sequel of the 1982 cult classic is rather simple stuff the screenplay by Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis is dull with uninspired dialogue and a lack of real emotions. But what the screenplay lacks the sheer power of this visuals, action, story and the return of Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn greatly makes up for the lack of compelling dialogue in this film. First time director Joseph Kosinski and cinematographer Claudio Miranda do a bang up job bringing this visually lush world to life breathing life into a rather lifeless film and in the process creating a fantastical film that literally jumps out of the screen. "Tron Legacy" is a massive improvement on the original in both visuals and style what the original lacked this absorbing sequel makes up for it with a high octane, bold adventure that is ripped right from the world of TRON, this film may lack compelling dialogue but it has just enough intelligence, style, charm and just enough well written dialogue to save this from being a disaster "Tron Legacy " is a magical in the sense of its wonder and excitement, in its visuals and its at times emotional father son tale at the heart of this film. This film is not one of the years best and it is nowhere near as good as any other high gloss Science Fiction adventure such as "The Matrix" or "Inception" but "Tron Legacy" proves to be one of the years most enjoyable popcorn adventure flicks and one of the most enjoyable film of this holiday season. I loved every minute of this wildly entertaining film.

To watch this film you have to leave you inhibitions at the door, you have to leave logic at the door and just sit back and enjoy the ride, which is what I did. I just sat back and enjoyed this film for what it is flaws and all and trust me when I say this movie has a boatload of them. To save this film the embarrassment I am going to restrain from naming them. However, I will name one the plot; the plot of this film is so full of holes big enough that you could stuff the whole digital world into it. That is not the point of this film that is not why it was made. If this film was made to be "Inception,â
  24. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tron Legacy: Sequel to the original which was released nearly 30 years ago. I myself haven't seen the original Tron film, so I can't say whether its a worthy sequel or whether it was worth the wait, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the film. The special effects were quite awesome and the film brilliantly made use of the IMAX 3D, and managed to give us some astounding graphics within the Grid. It's good that the film makes concessions to those that haven't seen Tron, by giving us a little backstory about the first film and how it ties into the second film. The lightcycles and light disk fights are the best parts of the movie, and there should've been more of that. The acting is quite good, all of the actors give great performances, especially Garret Hedlund as main character, Sam. Martin Sheen gives the best performance, as the vibrant and ecstatic bar owner Zeus, injecting charisma into every scene he's in. And Daft Punk get three cameos as DJs, changing the song when a fight breaks out. However, this isn't a perfect film. A number of the dialogue that comes from Sams mouth sounds quite cliched and the script isn't exactly oscar-worthy. It isn't exactly a surprise when Zeus betrays Sam to CLU and it seems pointless having Quorra send him there in the first place. And the final part in the grid where Flynn has CLU bond back with him makes you think "why wait until now to do that?". Also, de-aging Jeff Bridges doesn't exactly work, just making him seem video-gamey. Granted, it works for CLU, but doesn't really work for Flynn. All in all, I recommend this film. Just don't expect much of character development and go in expecting a dazzling visual for your eyes rather than for your mind Expand
  25. Feb 13, 2014
    A visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level of technical detail put into the film. Everything about it is great, except there's that notion of shallowness that can't be escaped. A great movie should beA visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level of technical detail put into the film. Everything about it is great, except there's that notion of shallowness that can't be escaped. A great movie should be rewatchable multiple times, and while Legacy does so much to entertain your visual and audible senses (Daft Punks original score for the movie is OUTSTANDING), the way the story is told feels a bit underwhelming considering how impressive everything else is. I absolutely love this film and I hope Disney puts more into the story next time (there's confirmation that, at this time, a follow up movie is in the works). The actors were fantastic (how can you say no to Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde!?), I just could have used more weight to the plot instead of a very cookie-cutter format. Still, I highly recommend this movie! Expand
  26. May 21, 2013
    I have no idea why critics have put so low rating on this movie. Not an absolute masterpiece, but this very unique movie allows you to throw a sight on bright computer world alongside with marvellous Daft Punk music. Fights are very bright and dynamic. Olivia Wilde is very hot, and Jeff Brisged is cool also. If you are fun of cyberpunk this is your movie, even if you are not definitelyI have no idea why critics have put so low rating on this movie. Not an absolute masterpiece, but this very unique movie allows you to throw a sight on bright computer world alongside with marvellous Daft Punk music. Fights are very bright and dynamic. Olivia Wilde is very hot, and Jeff Brisged is cool also. If you are fun of cyberpunk this is your movie, even if you are not definitely worth watching. I bet half of critics who gave this movie low rating is old grannys afraid of explosions, flashes and speciall effects. Expand
  27. Jul 17, 2013
    Without comparing it to the original, Tron: Legacy is a fun movie. There is action all throughout paired with a cool soundtrack. the story is short and is done with descent acting. Not bad.
  28. Dec 29, 2010
    I'm old enough to have seen the first TRON in the theater so I have to admit, I walked in somewhat jaded and thinking it wouldn't likely be very good. I was actually pleasantly surprised. There was good chemistry with the actors and Olivia Wilde was an excellent addition to the cast. The technology and vehicles were also very well done.
  29. Jan 1, 2011
    Great visual effects, production design, musical scoring. Nice story. Good actors and actresses. All I can say I am satisfied. Sometimes, we only see the effects but not the story. Good movie!
  30. May 26, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie alot more than I thought I would. I never got into the first Tron so I wasn't up-to-date on what was going on. I thought the soundtrack was awesome as well the environment. I wasn't impressed with the acting in the movie whatsoever and the story was kinda weak. But it was a decent film to watch when nothing else was going on and I'd recommend it to someone who likedI enjoyed this movie alot more than I thought I would. I never got into the first Tron so I wasn't up-to-date on what was going on. I thought the soundtrack was awesome as well the environment. I wasn't impressed with the acting in the movie whatsoever and the story was kinda weak. But it was a decent film to watch when nothing else was going on and I'd recommend it to someone who liked the original Tron and someone who might be interested in the new animated Tron: Uprising series coming out soon. Expand
  31. Feb 11, 2012
  32. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    Tron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know itTron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know it will form part of a trilogy at the very least. The makers have planted enough seeds that will make the next instalment very meaningful. This is probably one for the guys, the girls will be bored in the first 15mins. Daft Punks music suited it well too. Expand
  33. Dec 25, 2010
    This is a very good movie, don't listen to the "49", it deserves over a 90. Enjoyable movie. I don't understand the negative reviews but it's a good movie and worth a check.
  34. Jan 2, 2011
    This movie was awesome!!!

Disney did a perfect job on the special effects and the fight scenes.

The music was amazing, Daft Punk are a excellent duo and fit the movie completely.

I saw it in Imax 3D and I was suprised because the sound is so loud, it made the chairs vibrate I was like "I felt that!!"

Super cool movie!
  35. ALF
    Aug 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have many fond memories of the original film which I shall not share, only that I went to the cinema twice to see the original. I have been looking forward to this for some time and it did not disappoint. I really cannot understand some of the comments made by supposed critics, seems like a lot of "look at me hot air." Tron2 is a worthy successor to the original and they have opened up a possible franchise with some of the storyline. The effects were excellent. One of the critics commented about the light cycles as being the only thing to watch. What about the motorcycle chase? The leap off the building? The arena fight? Perhaps dear critics you should think before you write, perhaps watch the movie again (even I see new things every time I watch it) and then comment, but that would be too sensible. Expand
  36. Apr 21, 2011
    Fantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. ThankfullyFantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. Thankfully the plot left plenty of openings for a sequel. Expand
  37. May 16, 2013
    it freaking awesome get it now
  38. Dec 21, 2010
    Tron: Legacy is quite a solid film. The story and setting are so nuanced and quirky it keeps things fresh despite the numerous action scenes. Solid performances from the actors and a fantastic soundtrack inject meaning into a world crafted via Disney's heavy-handed application of CGI animation. Of course, the depth and complexity of Tron may not reach the heights of classic dramas butTron: Legacy is quite a solid film. The story and setting are so nuanced and quirky it keeps things fresh despite the numerous action scenes. Solid performances from the actors and a fantastic soundtrack inject meaning into a world crafted via Disney's heavy-handed application of CGI animation. Of course, the depth and complexity of Tron may not reach the heights of classic dramas but Tron sits comfortably among the other popcorn flicks playing at your local 12-screen and has a ton of fun besting them. Expand
  39. Apr 12, 2011
    This is a great visual specticle and the characters really come to life. The story isn't much but its not awful. This movie does a great job entertaining and if yyou expect just that, then you will enjoy it.
  40. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie is amazing. Don't listen to the critics. Critics ruin all good movies out there with their know-it-all, snobby attitudes and biased bad reviews. It is in the spirit of the original film and isn't watered down.
  41. Jul 4, 2015
    TRON: Legacy is one of the most visually striking films I have ever seen, based on the popular video game from the 80's, this does a perfect representation of the game. The story is so good you could literally grasp it in the palm of your hand. Now as always, Jeff Bridges gives a great performance as CLU and his recurring role as Kevin Flynn. I wasn't impressed with the performance ofTRON: Legacy is one of the most visually striking films I have ever seen, based on the popular video game from the 80's, this does a perfect representation of the game. The story is so good you could literally grasp it in the palm of your hand. Now as always, Jeff Bridges gives a great performance as CLU and his recurring role as Kevin Flynn. I wasn't impressed with the performance of Garrett Hedlund who played Sam Flynn, to me was just a little too stale, he said things that excessively used all the time with give me a headache. Then there's the beautiful Olivia Wilde who's performance as Quorra was incredible, she never had one flaw but to me she was one of the films perfect characters. Disney had announced that they are coming out with another TRON films sooner are later, but TRON: Legacy was a very exciting thrill ride. Expand
  42. Dec 30, 2010
    Personally, I think a 49 is very undeserving. I walked into this film with fairly low expectations, and was wowed with almost everything. The acting was superb throughout the entire film, the CG was phenomenal (not CLU), the 3D was nice, and the story was very good. Don't trust the critics, go watch this movie for yourself. I'm sure you'll love it.
  43. Dec 20, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gotta agree with the critics some on this. Probably better to watch on its own but with a title like Tron Legacy, they'd have to expect you may have seen the first one. It does not compare favorably in my opinion. I own the original Tron and love it. And this is not Tron. Too damn serious for one thing. I know the character was supposed to have heard all about the Grid from his dad's stories but he still should have inspired some sense of wonder at the place when he eventually gets in--Jeff Bridges did so much better in the original. And the visuals? The magic with the first Tron was that EVERYTHING was computer-generated. Here they have actual REAL models for the light-cycles and light-bikes. The movie was just as awkward as the dinner scene with newly reunited father and son. Cooked food? Hardcovers? In the digital realm? WTF? Some nice references to the old movie and 80's nostalgia. But it was all flash and no soul. The tech to create "young Jeff" was not as bad as it could have been. But, again, the original movie, everybody's face looked pale because of graphics not because of makeup, everybody's costume "seemed digitized" not like real tights, and whose bright idea was it to make "deresolution" look like glass breaking? There wasn't even the laser to "scan" Sam into the Grid. And no Cursor--the only nod to actual computer tech was some UNIX-looking (probably MacOS X) commands typed in. If this was an attempt at upgrading the Grid, it was mistaken. Do people expect a better, more visually complex Grid 20 years later? Yes, but they could have executed much better given that CGI today is light years ahead of where it was then. This movie supposedly continues where Tron left off and it does explore territory the original Tron didn't. But I would rather watch old Tron than new Tron. Although he was the best actor in the film, even Jeff seemed like he was more interested in making True Grit than this movie--it even comes off that way in his very few promotional appearances for it. The movie was eye-candy, but ultimately emotionless. Expand
  44. Jul 14, 2011
    A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However,A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However, if you ignore that and simply be absorbed by the visuals, score and sound, you have a very imaginative ride. Expand
  45. Apr 10, 2011
    Visually this is a very entertaining movie. I saw it first in Imax 3D and it was amazing. I thought that it would not transition well to TV. However, I watched it recently on TV, and while not as spectacular as on the big screen , it was still very good. The plot is pretty weak though. Itâ
  46. Apr 20, 2011
    I'll be the first to tell you that the acting, plot, and screenwriting in TRON are nothing to give awards about, but I still enjoyed the movie immensely. Here's why- IT'S FUN! This movie is an absolute joy to watch. The visual effects are astounding; the computer-generated landscapes breathtaking. The action scenes are exciting and the plot is just absurd enough to keep you excited. A realI'll be the first to tell you that the acting, plot, and screenwriting in TRON are nothing to give awards about, but I still enjoyed the movie immensely. Here's why- IT'S FUN! This movie is an absolute joy to watch. The visual effects are astounding; the computer-generated landscapes breathtaking. The action scenes are exciting and the plot is just absurd enough to keep you excited. A real joy to watch, just don't think about it too much. Also, the soundtrack by Daft Punk is perfection. I hope to see more cinematic work from them in the future. Expand
  47. Jun 15, 2011
    Whilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft PunkWhilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft Punk was also quite groovy and fitting.

Although TRON: Legacy is not to be considered a 'top' film, it was definitely an enjoyable digital adventure that those of all ages can follow and be entertained by.
  48. Dec 27, 2010
    This movie is probably a 7, but I truly enjoyed it so went w/ an 8. A lot of things worked in this movie, first of all the soundtrack was awesome and worked w/ every scene to perfection. Second, the action was entertaining and memorizing to look at. I truly found this movie to be extremely entertaining, but maybe that's b/c i love anything sci-fi and techno. The only thing that didn't workThis movie is probably a 7, but I truly enjoyed it so went w/ an 8. A lot of things worked in this movie, first of all the soundtrack was awesome and worked w/ every scene to perfection. Second, the action was entertaining and memorizing to look at. I truly found this movie to be extremely entertaining, but maybe that's b/c i love anything sci-fi and techno. The only thing that didn't work was the computerized version of the younger Jeff Bridges (KLU). Just looked fake.. They might have been better off just using another actor there, but i like the idea of KLU being him. Really can't complain too much about this film. Could it have been smarter or had some better acting (Jeff Brigdes' son kind of lame), probably, but overall i was sucked into this movie. Expand
  49. Dec 22, 2010
    Dude, it's Tron man: people trapped in a video game, and digital elements of that game manifested as people. If you want that concept to be any deeper than Jeff Bridges' Buddhist Jedi Programmer Lebowski, then by all means skip this one. If you don't mind a neon stick world that derives almost all of its ideas from the Black Knight, Star Wars, the Matrix trilogy, and the firstDude, it's Tron man: people trapped in a video game, and digital elements of that game manifested as people. If you want that concept to be any deeper than Jeff Bridges' Buddhist Jedi Programmer Lebowski, then by all means skip this one. If you don't mind a neon stick world that derives almost all of its ideas from the Black Knight, Star Wars, the Matrix trilogy, and the first Tron--AND you think the idea of a light bike appearing out of thin air when a neon-rimmed program-sapien breaks a glowstick in two--then go see Tron and get your brain Daft Punked in 3D. Fact: Seeing Tron is a lot more fun than reading some socially confused movie critic's ten paragraphs about the Wikipedia version of Proust. Expand
  50. SFN
    Jan 5, 2011
    i enjoyed this movie, the 3D really made the difference, even thou im not a real fan of tron i enjoyed this movie, the actors are good at best, the storyline to me could"ve been better but still a good movie
  51. Jan 6, 2011
    TRON Legacy... well I honestly didn't expect an innovative story like Inception from the trailer, and that's what I got. Its not garbage, but not anything we haven't seen 100 times already. Audio is amazing, visuals are good, but 3D is NOT as strong as it should be, I believe they could have at least put a little more effort into it. My recommendation is to go 2D if you see it. But allTRON Legacy... well I honestly didn't expect an innovative story like Inception from the trailer, and that's what I got. Its not garbage, but not anything we haven't seen 100 times already. Audio is amazing, visuals are good, but 3D is NOT as strong as it should be, I believe they could have at least put a little more effort into it. My recommendation is to go 2D if you see it. But all that aside, TRON Legacy is GOOD. You will get entertainment out of it, and it is worth your attention. Expand
  52. Feb 22, 2011
    Delivers what you'd expect. Mind-blowing visuals and a storyline on-par with the original -- take that as you will. In any case, I didn't blink for two hours. If you do see TRON Legacy, I suggest a RealD performance over an IMAX 3D one, preferably on an AMC Theaters' ETX screen. This is how I viewed it after reading these two articles: -------------- 1.)Delivers what you'd expect. Mind-blowing visuals and a storyline on-par with the original -- take that as you will. In any case, I didn't blink for two hours. If you do see TRON Legacy, I suggest a RealD performance over an IMAX 3D one, preferably on an AMC Theaters' ETX screen. This is how I viewed it after reading these two articles: -------------- 1.) http://bit.ly/dHoUAL -------------- 2.) http://bit.ly/hIVMvw -------------- In any case, it will just not be the same on your TV so try to see it in theaters. -------------- Check out my taste in movies here: http://bit.ly/MyMovies Expand
  53. Dec 23, 2010
    Entertaining. Visually it's more pleasing than Avatar, from my perspective. Story wise it's also much more original - but still lacking. There was room in this TRON universe for more of a complicated story but instead this was a pretty stock storyline. It was still a fair movie though, and the visuals were nothing short of amazing. Would recommend it, you'll be glued to the screen most ofEntertaining. Visually it's more pleasing than Avatar, from my perspective. Story wise it's also much more original - but still lacking. There was room in this TRON universe for more of a complicated story but instead this was a pretty stock storyline. It was still a fair movie though, and the visuals were nothing short of amazing. Would recommend it, you'll be glued to the screen most of the time. Except that at a few times the fast pace of the story and action seems to slow down, and there's corny lines. Other than that it's action packed. Expand
  54. Jan 3, 2011
    This movie was brilliant!!!The only thing i wanted was more at the end for example what happened to the company and how was the ISO adapting to life...
  55. Apr 19, 2011
    Highly enjoyable movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was a fresh take on an old classic and found the main characters believable. The special effects were good and I was mostly able to forget that I was watching a Disney movie. I especially liked the sound track and have been a fan of Daft Punk for years.
  56. Apr 5, 2011
    I watched the original about 2 weeks prior to watching this sequel.

Great visuals, great sounds (way to go Daft Punk), great acting from Jeff Bridges who really makes the movie.

Not amazing, or ground-breaking by any means, but a polished and well-treated production.
  57. Dec 19, 2010
    So um... this is tron. and daft punk created the whole soundtrack... with that information its got a 10 already. Its the most visually pleasing movie ive ever seen and its all backed up with a daft punk original soundtrack!!!!! now the story isnt all that great, but it isnt bad. If you have no idea what tron actually is that will take away abit from the movie. BUT if u like oldSo um... this is tron. and daft punk created the whole soundtrack... with that information its got a 10 already. Its the most visually pleasing movie ive ever seen and its all backed up with a daft punk original soundtrack!!!!! now the story isnt all that great, but it isnt bad. If you have no idea what tron actually is that will take away abit from the movie. BUT if u like old videogames, if you like eye candy, if u like daft punk... GO SEE THIS MOVIE Expand
  58. Dec 26, 2010
    This is a movie that goes beyond that which the "professional critics" expect out of movies. It provides an original (even though it's a sequel) movie-watching experience that does a good job of allowing the viewer to suspend disbelief. It's visuals are stunning, the soundtrack fits perfectly to the theme of the movie (a lot of techno and futuristic music), and the sound effects areThis is a movie that goes beyond that which the "professional critics" expect out of movies. It provides an original (even though it's a sequel) movie-watching experience that does a good job of allowing the viewer to suspend disbelief. It's visuals are stunning, the soundtrack fits perfectly to the theme of the movie (a lot of techno and futuristic music), and the sound effects are enthralling and make you feel like you're really in a virtual and high-tech sci-fi world. There are plenty of action scenes that break up the boredom and monotony from which the original movie suffered. I did not see the movie in 3D (because i don't believe in using 3D tricks and gimmicks to overshadow lack of movie-making abilities). Therefore I have no comment on the quality of the 3D experience. However, knowing Disney's track record with quality movie-making, I'm sure they didn't disappoint (for those who are interested in that sort of thing). The only downside to the amazing visuals was the CGI Jeff Bridges. Though the technology that goes behind recreating human faces and emotions are getting better by the year, they still seem a ways away. The tones and colors of young Jeff Bridges' face were spot on, but he often seemed to lack that emotional and subtle quality that we are all honed in to detect. The story was more enthralling and dramatic than the original, but very predictable. Do yourself a favor and ignore the "professional critics." See this movie if you have an open mind, are a fan of sci-fi, and enjoy stunning visuals and enthralling music and sound effects. Expand
  59. May 3, 2011
    Amazing visually - I really wish I had the chance to watch this movie in theaters in 3D. I wasn't expecting too much from the plot, but I actually really liked it. And the score by Daft Punk is really sweet. Overall, I really enjoyed Tron: Legacy.
  60. Dec 19, 2010
    Great visual effects. Decent enough story for a film that is special effects focused. It starts off strong, but part way through I found the pacing becomes sluggish and disjointed at times.
  61. Dec 20, 2010
    As a fan of the first movie I was eager to see Tron legacy, but at the same time afraid that it wouldn't be all that great. Well, I'm happy to say that I was very pleased with what I saw. Ignore the critics; all they want are movies that pull your heartstrings and make you think. Those are good movies, but sometimes, I just want to watch a movie that takes me on a fun flight throughAs a fan of the first movie I was eager to see Tron legacy, but at the same time afraid that it wouldn't be all that great. Well, I'm happy to say that I was very pleased with what I saw. Ignore the critics; all they want are movies that pull your heartstrings and make you think. Those are good movies, but sometimes, I just want to watch a movie that takes me on a fun flight through imagination, and that's exactly what Tron legacy does. Expand
  62. Oct 22, 2011
    Best in The series, but something seems wrong about the film, was it Sam flynn or noticeable lack of emotions and good acting by bruce??? Anyway the film had great 3D effects and a good story but lacks good acting but still if you ask me, it's a great film. No regrets when I watched it in 3D, no regrets when I bought the DVD.
  63. Jan 20, 2012
    Tron is a great idea, great concept and to be remade was the ideal of taking a chance. Well, in my opinion the chance was taken and the product was a dozy. Director Joseph Kosinski really showed the world how much of a force he will be in the directing world remaking a movie that was not supposed to be remade and pulled it off. The visuals are stunning, arguably the best of the year andTron is a great idea, great concept and to be remade was the ideal of taking a chance. Well, in my opinion the chance was taken and the product was a dozy. Director Joseph Kosinski really showed the world how much of a force he will be in the directing world remaking a movie that was not supposed to be remade and pulled it off. The visuals are stunning, arguably the best of the year and Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde are outstanding. Garrett Hedlund is just ok and the CLU clone is kind of creepy from time to time but gets the job done with the technology. Though most remakes are nothing compared to the original, this Tron is definitely on par if not better than its predecessor. Expand
  64. Dec 18, 2010
    While not perfect this movie was incredibly enjoyable and worth the money to see in theaters. The visual style of the film is by far the best part with stunning shots of a cyber world and an outstanding style that made the first one so loved. The musical score really does a great job emphasizing the mood and pace of the movie and is as important as the acting. As for the story IWhile not perfect this movie was incredibly enjoyable and worth the money to see in theaters. The visual style of the film is by far the best part with stunning shots of a cyber world and an outstanding style that made the first one so loved. The musical score really does a great job emphasizing the mood and pace of the movie and is as important as the acting. As for the story I personally really enjoyed it and thought the cheese was minimum. I especially liked that it wasn't your classic "son is mad at dad" story, it takes a different approach that really shows how most father-son relationships are. Overall if you like sci-fi, creative visual style, or just love Daft Punk I would highly recommend this movie. Expand
  65. Dec 17, 2010
    Critics really are full of s*** sometimes. What a brilliant film this is! Fantastic visuals, great cast (I especially loved Olivia Wilde in this movie; her very innocent, good natured character was really cute and charming; and she was a truely awesome warrior in battle), amazing score. It was entertaining and epic; and isn't that what a movie is supposed to do? It also felt like a realCritics really are full of s*** sometimes. What a brilliant film this is! Fantastic visuals, great cast (I especially loved Olivia Wilde in this movie; her very innocent, good natured character was really cute and charming; and she was a truely awesome warrior in battle), amazing score. It was entertaining and epic; and isn't that what a movie is supposed to do? It also felt like a real tribute to the original Tron movie. Yes, the light cycles and suits were different, but it's the year 2010 now people. The 3D element was done to perfection, I especially liked how the movie starts in 2D in the real world and then shifts to 3D when Sam enters "The Grid", very clever. I enjoyed this movie so much I went to see it again today after seeing the midnight showing last night. It's a must see. Expand
  66. Jan 1, 2011
    Tron Legacy is a great movie if you've seen the original. It's great special effects,acting,script,and action. My opinion is that you shouldn't see tron in 3D. It's a GREAT movie!!!!
  67. Jan 12, 2011
    A bit of a disappointment for me. While visually stunning and with incredible music, the tempo is uneven and the movie is sometimes boring. But at least a few truly incredible parts, bring this movie to 7/10 for me.
  68. Mar 20, 2011
    This movie was great. To some people it may not be because they saw the original. Like people like me i did not. So i think it was good. everyone held their role and the story line was very interseting
  69. Jul 10, 2012
    TRON: Legacy, a film like this, I've waited years for. The storyline was a bit rushed but the dazzling visuals and soundtrack more than made up for it. Daft Punk did a good job on the soundtrack and the special effects team did a more than amazing job. Great work.
  70. Mar 24, 2013
    Really gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like thisReally gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I could seriously print any frame in this film and it would look amazing. Just for the music and the style id give it a 10! Expand
  71. Dec 22, 2010
    Excellent the CGI is incredible and the soundtrack is pumping not the best film I've seen this year that was a toss up between Scott Pilgrim and Harry Potter but this is a close second if your a fan of the original i would definitely recommend checking this out. if not in the Cinema rent when the Blu-Ray comes out.
  72. Dec 31, 2010
    Loved it! Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Jeff Bridges are all fantastic in this movie. The music was great. The 3D effects were awesome. I definitely would recommend this movie.
  73. May 5, 2011
    This film has been unfairly panned by critics. its only flaw is cramming enough visuals dialog and story elements for two full length films into one. If you can forgive the hurried pace of many scenes then you will find a rare gem in Tron Legacy. The acting and direction outshine the Star Wars prequels so brightly its like comparing coal to a precious gemstone. The score and accompanyingThis film has been unfairly panned by critics. its only flaw is cramming enough visuals dialog and story elements for two full length films into one. If you can forgive the hurried pace of many scenes then you will find a rare gem in Tron Legacy. The acting and direction outshine the Star Wars prequels so brightly its like comparing coal to a precious gemstone. The score and accompanying soundtrack are subperb, alone making the DVD or Blu-Ray purchase worthwhile. Collapse
  74. Apr 20, 2011
    This movie was an absolutely great film. It had action, suspense, and Jeff Bridges himself. Who could ask for more? Just like the original TRON, this film has not been reviewed great by critics, but is still fantastic.
  75. Jun 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Look all that i got to say after 4 well going to five years since it came out all i have to say is the movie is flawed, but enjoyable, from the scenery that takes place in the grid, something that was recreated from a computer that ran 2mb per minute and im saying in the making of the film, this was the biggest part that was great in my opinion, the grid is so far the best cgi created image in a scale as half of the map of a new RPG most recent The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt... I'm going off topic here, the thing is sequels that got us waiting for years is a bad thing, if handled badly, direction was good, the cast was average, but it lacked one thing the title character TRON, uptly named Rinzler, and how did he came to be RInzler, TRON Uprising was gonna answer the question, but sadly it got cancelled, like recently TRON 3, but why?, call it TRON 3, after all Tron died in the grid Presumed so as the rest of the programs, Disney now profiting for their new Cows to milk like the MCU, and the new SWCU(yes not a joke that's the Star Wars Universe name now.) And also the soundtrack by Daft Punk, Groing up with some songs that i heard from movies got me into some Gernes as Alt. Rock, Electronic, Orchestra, Daft Punk fuses their base Electronica w/h some Orchestra, and it sounded great, i hadnt heard it recently, but the most tense songs was track 4, the characters in this movie we see the return of two base characters(clu and rinzler doesnt count even rinzler is tron, and clu is it's second revision, if you want to see the fate of Clu 1.0 watch TRON) Clu 2.0 is the overseer of the grid naming himself the ruler, filled with an ego of perfection, and organizing the programs with each sector and punishing them with execution, or to play the "Games" which was the original program way of an unwanted entrance or an easy legal execution.(we'll go into it later) Sam Flynn the son of the dissapeared Kevin Flynn, he was a rash and uneasy character to "like" not in a bad way, he is an interesting character but we don't know much of him or the gap from (1989 - 2010) he mentioned a few but not to win the audience over. Quora the last remaining iso(again covering that later) she is the rebel, or most likely the renegade trained by Flynn (watch Uprising it is a good show with a good cast). Kevin Flynn the man who created clu he is a user like Sam but he is the first user to get into the grid (see TRON it is a good movie even if it's dated it is still a good movie) he tried to make the perfect system where programs and isos can be together where there is peace, who got obsesed with the grid after Maria's Death in '85. the extras the programs who inhabit the world of the grid are barely seen, in most cases fights but the interaction on each are lifeless, the isos mostly Zeus who repaired himself after he suffered an attack (watch a walkthrough of TRON Evolution or buy it used on gamestop) the army of clu are lifeless dolls who have no personallity with good reason, Clu has mannage to reprogram most of the programs that were derezzed or rectafied and they are sent to the reprograming center to be a part of clu's army, the humans these lacked personallity except Adam Bradly the man who created TRON who became the CEO of encom after the dissapearence of Flynn, and the extras as well lacked even the son of the former CEO of encom lacked any emotion he was mostly dressed like a hipster but a smart programer, sorta like is father. the setting and plot here were at the weakest point of the film how they handled the plot, the story wasn't well placed as it was a puddle who dried up after wards it had excitment curiosity and a lot of action, the down fall was the hype, like any other, the setting gets merits it is dark and what i liked about it were the new locals and the designs of the programs, not the suit, i mean how the programs look and talk some may look in a state of despair and some look decimated with the cubic scars or literall depth how should i say this they scared me and the derezzing and they'er cry after that also gave me goosbumps, and the discs the new disks looks slick and more agile with cqc or from far distance and they come back like Captain Americas Sheild or the original Light disk, then there's the vehicles like the redesigned light bikes and they looked great so as the EMCOM1 bike, the Redesigned Recognizer, and also the Light Runner. After that lets go into it's message the ISOs caused fear to the programs as did humans when they discovered new lands the isos didnt know what to do the code they had would shape humanity as we know it, but Clu fell to fear and fear got him to extinct the isos "killing" tron (Uprising watch it now) and restoring the grid were most of the critical points and that there will be no questions asked i give TRON: Legacy a total score of 7, i like this movie but i cant hate it Not like ROTF but tron gave me a fun experience and so others and if you want to watch it is your choice END OF LINE. Expand
  76. Jan 11, 2011
    TRON: Legacy was an absolutly amazing science fiction movie of all time! It is this year's Avatar or better! The effects were dazzeling, the music was awesome, and everything was just great! Though, the storyline wasnt that great, but other than that TRON: Legacy did deliver a great performance for all of us.
  77. Dec 27, 2010
    Really great film. Exciting, interesting, visually appealing, emotionally engaging, nostalgic, and modern. I'm seriously having trouble understanding where such negative reviews are coming from.
  78. Dec 19, 2010
    Tron: Legacy is a great film that entertains with a good story, nice acting, excellent music and sounds, and with a visual style that keeps your eyes glued to the screen. Overall this is a film full of Sci-Fi entertainment that would have expected since this film's first rumor.

This film is a interesting cross between the original Tron and the Matrix and the similarities are hard to miss. The blend is great. While maintaining that "Tron" atmosphere the addition of the "Matrix"-type world of characters and locations added a nice change of pace from the traditional in-a-data system-feel. It would have been great to see this explored further but where it settled with the plot of the story was fitting and comfortable. The Visuals and Audio was truly amazing. The classic tones of the Tron world enhanced with the Techno beats of Daft Punk was a perfect match with style.

The movie itself was strong with Jeff Bridges at the lead. The Computer animated Jeff Bridges needed to go through several more rounds of work but it was a decent attempt that could have just been avoided altogether. Nothing would've been wrong with a human antagonist. Most of the scenes did not look right but at least you could tell where the filmakers were going and that was enough to forgive.

The story was very traditional and could have easily been more epic but I gather it will be more for the planned Trilogy rather than during the reintroduction of the franchise in 20 years. Start strong and grow big.
  79. Dec 17, 2010
    An absolutely marvelous film with breathtaking visuals and beautiful art direction. So much of the spirit of the original film is in this one with references for the fans of the first movie to smile with pride for understanding. My only complaints are: there is no Bit (loved Bit in the original) and the vintage lightcycle is a great sight and it's built up, but it gets next to noAn absolutely marvelous film with breathtaking visuals and beautiful art direction. So much of the spirit of the original film is in this one with references for the fans of the first movie to smile with pride for understanding. My only complaints are: there is no Bit (loved Bit in the original) and the vintage lightcycle is a great sight and it's built up, but it gets next to no worthwhile screen time. Regardless of those complaints, it's a fantastic movie with plenty of geek fanfare and love for the fans of the original. The acting is strong, the writing sharp, and the soundtrack is undeniably awesome. I cannot recommend this film highly enough. Go see it! End of Line. Expand
  80. Dec 19, 2010
    Entertaining and fun. 3D was weak. Story was not weak at all, quite good for an action / sci-fi movie. I would recommend this to anyone who like sci-fi or hero movies. It's better than most.
  81. Jan 1, 2011
    Though not as well written as the original, this sequel was quite decent. The story was mediocre, but visuals and audio were spectacular. Definitely a must see for fans of the original.
  82. Jan 1, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie so much!! great acting and visuals!!! I enjoyed watching Jeff Bridges young looks... amazing!! I hope the dvd com with the first movie
  83. Aug 10, 2011
    Yes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so ifYes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so if nothing else just go into it as an audio-visual treat and enjoy! Expand
  84. Dec 28, 2010
    I'd say it is a good movie with a bad script for the main character. Luckily, he doesn't speak too much. The face animation for Jeff Bridges is horrible, though.
  85. Dec 19, 2010
    The characters and plot are cliche and the writing certainly is not the best. The acting is decent with the standout being Jeff Bridges who as usual is the man. This would all make for a mediocre movie if it weren't for the amazing world and visuals created by special effects. The great music by Daft Punk certainly doesn't hurt either. Tron Legacy's world is creative beautiful and must beThe characters and plot are cliche and the writing certainly is not the best. The acting is decent with the standout being Jeff Bridges who as usual is the man. This would all make for a mediocre movie if it weren't for the amazing world and visuals created by special effects. The great music by Daft Punk certainly doesn't hurt either. Tron Legacy's world is creative beautiful and must be seen by everyone. I couldn't look away for a single second and although the writing and acting weren't the greatest it is good enough for you to care about the characters enough to warrant your attention. I recommend this movie to almost anyone and you don't need to see the first one to know whats going on if that is scaring you. Expand
  86. Dec 19, 2010
    visuals were a billion times better than avatar and the soundtrack was unbelievable. exceeded my expectations in every way. critics are dumb, olivia wilde is a fricken babe, this movie was the best this year.
  87. Dec 17, 2010
    Amazing visuals, sound, and acting, and the plot ain't too bad either. I have never seen a movie that has had reviews that are so far off the truth about the movie. Tron will have you immersed in beautiful visuals and beautiful sound (thank you Daft Punk) and the plot easily outclasses other sci-fi blockbusters (*cough*Avatar*cough*).

See this movie.
  88. Dec 17, 2010
    Having seen the previous film only a few minutes before sitting down in the theater to see Tron Legacy, there were a number of areas in the newer film that clearly stood out as similarities to the original film. In fact, there are so many similarities to the original film in pacing and storytelling, that Legacy actually manages to feel like a curious hybrid of sequel and remake.

There's a

There's a touch more "Real World" setup in the beginning than the original film, a slightly-too-long solar sail segment leading up to the final act, and Tron is almost as scarce in this film as his appearances were in the original. But, with all those similarities the film does tend to leave the viewer with a higher awareness of the mythology behind the Grid and its inhabitants. Technically, the film is nearly flawless with no issues that leap out at the viewer as a mistake or flub on first viewing. Every shot is well aimed, fight and game sequences are presented in a way that's less MTV and more "80's karate movie" and the story flows fairly well from one segment to the next. The greatest flaw most viewers might see in Tron Legacy is its tendency to explain and talk for large portions of screen time, but that isn't necessarily a complaint that feels particularly valid when you're looking at something so large-scale as the world presented in the Tron "mythology". Some stories just take a little time and scripting to tell, and Legacy struck an excellent balance of action and exposition in the eyes of those in the theater where I saw the film.

When it comes to the die-hard geek demographic however, perhaps Tron Legacy's greatest flaw is a desire to position the film in a more mainstream fashion. Geeks may have wanted more information, more easter eggs and more background knowledge of how things worked - but those answers and options would likely only have detracted from the film. Bottom line, if you liked the first film, you'll love Legacy. If you never "got" the original Tron despite more than one viewing in recent years, don't bother with Legacy.
  89. Dec 20, 2010
    This is no Oscar winning masterpiece, but I still enjoyed it even with it's flaws. The biggest gripe would have to be with the story but even with this it still made for entertaining watching. Very shallow character development and a story that seemed to awkwardly plod along to the start of the entry to the grid were things started to pick up Action sequences were spectacular and had meThis is no Oscar winning masterpiece, but I still enjoyed it even with it's flaws. The biggest gripe would have to be with the story but even with this it still made for entertaining watching. Very shallow character development and a story that seemed to awkwardly plod along to the start of the entry to the grid were things started to pick up Action sequences were spectacular and had me engaged through out. Very cool when watching full screen in an IMAX theatre. Jeff Bridges dialog had me cringing occasionally, but other than that I thought it was pretty enjoyable. So much so, I'm going watch it again this weekend. Expand
  90. Dec 21, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hmmm makes me wonder why some of the reviews are over analyzing this movie. The movie is near perfect in bringing TRON to today's audience. The acting was well done and the visual effects blew me away. I guess my only complaint is that I would of liked to have seen more of TRON (Bruce Boxleitner), but maybe in the next movie. Daft Punk really delivered in the muscial score...I hope this is not the last of Kevin Flynn...

Me: I have been a loyal fan of TRON since I was a kid, owned both TRON and Discs of TRON arcade machines, attended the 2000 E3 show to help promote TRON 2.0 the PC game with then rumors of Disney looking at scripts for a movie...I'm happy to say that I loved the film and it exceeded my expectations.

Disney really owes a lot to www.tron-sector.com, who helped keep TRON alive all these years..and here we are ;-)
  91. Jan 24, 2011
    I think the critics underestimated the potential this movie has, not only is it good eye candy but it is also a good sequel to one of Disney's greatest live action sci-fi hits.
  92. Dec 27, 2010
    What a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The newWhat a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The new characters were developed well. Music is absolutely perfect for the film and helps to transport you there. 10/10 for pure cyber punk entertainment. Expand
  93. Jan 5, 2011
    Why must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artistsWhy must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artists created an amazingly beautiful world and for 2 hours, you are immersed in Sam's journey. Truly amazing visuals mixed with an amazing soundtrack by Daft Punk. A must see in 3D! Expand
  94. Jan 5, 2011
    Tron is such an amazing movie. I found pure perfection in it's overall story line. Long movie, however it was so entertaining throughout the entire movie there was never a boring part especially with all of it's amazing scenes graphics. not one thing looked fake or cheesy. I give this movie a 10 easily! must see dont hesitate!!!!!
  95. Jan 9, 2011
    I really enjoyed it. It's visually spectacular and has an awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk. Can't wait for more! Is it going to win Oscars for story and acting? Probably not. Will it win for special effects? It's got a shot.
  96. Jan 26, 2011
    Definitely a solid movie. People who were dedicated to the original film will most likely be disappointed, but lets face it folks. The original was nothing more that a cult phenomena. Its a good movie with a sub par plot but decent action sequences. The evolution of the like cycles is a needed advancement and really brought up the would feel. I enjoyed it and had a good time watching it.
  97. Mar 4, 2011
    An excellent movie. Once in a while the critics are wrong and this movie is a perfect example. It follows the plot of the original and both the visuals and the music are astounding. Definitely worth to see.
  98. Mar 14, 2011
    I went to the movies with my 9yr old son not knowing what was showing, he just wanted to watch something 3D. So we booked TRON: Legacy. I knew nothing about it so I went in with a fairly open mind (it was particularly open to catching up on some sleep). To my surprise I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, even if the 3D wasn't up to much, and the audio blew me away. The story wasI went to the movies with my 9yr old son not knowing what was showing, he just wanted to watch something 3D. So we booked TRON: Legacy. I knew nothing about it so I went in with a fairly open mind (it was particularly open to catching up on some sleep). To my surprise I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, even if the 3D wasn't up to much, and the audio blew me away. The story was pretty cool although there were a few "how did we end up here from where we were" moments. I don't know if it would be the same watching it at home unless I had a kick-ass home cinema system, which I don't! Really enjoyed this one. Expand
  99. Apr 8, 2011
    i never thought that walt disney can make a movie like this.i never watch the old tron but this movie was superb.i realy enjoyed it.from the start to the end there is nothing could feel bad for me.the action is superb for a disney movie,though it contains only one scene with only one drop of blood.if u watch this u will feel how fascinating the music is in this movie.daft punk had donei never thought that walt disney can make a movie like this.i never watch the old tron but this movie was superb.i realy enjoyed it.from the start to the end there is nothing could feel bad for me.the action is superb for a disney movie,though it contains only one scene with only one drop of blood.if u watch this u will feel how fascinating the music is in this movie.daft punk had done their very best in this.the visual is very good and inside the grid the cgi is stunning,forget cgi in avatar.light cycles are created miraculously.i have nothing bad to say about this movie but best in everything. Expand
  100. Apr 28, 2011
    Another fantastic film from disney, TRON is, and will remain, one of the best movies i have ever seen, the concept has been brought to life in a new way with twists to thrill even watchers of the 60's version will love.
    it is a must watch, if not for the slightly confusing story, then for the effects, if not for the effects, then just to say you watched a great movie, but if not even for that, then just to be cool.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.