7.1

1. Jan 3, 2013
    The visuals of the film look great (and it makes good use of 3D as well), The acting is solid, but I think the plot, which was sort of stupid, definently hurt the value of the film quite a bit. However, I enjoyed watching it so much that I can look past that. Definently underrated by critics imo.
  2. Apr 23, 2014
    It's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving grace is some pretty cool CGI and special effects.
  3. Dec 21, 2010
    This sequel to the cult classic puts the son of the original online adventurer (Jeff Bridges) in his father's "grid," an ultra-high-tech computer world. There are a couple of flashy races and the design is sleek and neon beautiful. There's also way too much talk and nonsense plot to drag the momentum to a standstillâ
  4. Oct 26, 2013
    First time feature director Kosinski delivers thrills and a touch of heartache inside a very impressive palate of colors and noise. And I'm not afraid to admit that, as completely muddled and incomprehensible as modern action sequences have become, I enjoyed the fact that our heroes and villains were color-coded. Try to make it to an IMAX theatre for this one.
  5. Oct 15, 2011
    Truly spectacular, while I haven't seen the original Tron I really loved this movie, the world is awesome, characters are fantastic, and it just has an amazing atmosphere to it, it's action packed and just a lot of fun to watch, and the special effects and the cool suits they wear are awesome, and the ending has me hoping for another movie, truly a spectacular ride form beginning to end.
  6. Sep 30, 2011
    "TRON: Legacy" is certainly better than its corny prequel "TRON", but still its level of depth is shallow.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    Visually stunning, but it's second act and climax fail to live up to the opening 25 minutes.
  8. Dec 17, 2010
    It's an incredibly cool visual spectacle - that's beyond debate. Could much more have been done with the story? Sure. Did I expect an Oscar-worthy screenplay? Nope. It's fun, there's much more of "The Dude" in Jeff Bridges' character than I expected (which generated a ton of laughs in my theater), and I'm actually looking forward to a second film. So did it meet my very modestIt's an incredibly cool visual spectacle - that's beyond debate. Could much more have been done with the story? Sure. Did I expect an Oscar-worthy screenplay? Nope. It's fun, there's much more of "The Dude" in Jeff Bridges' character than I expected (which generated a ton of laughs in my theater), and I'm actually looking forward to a second film. So did it meet my very modest expectations? Yes. Expand
  9. Feb 20, 2012
    Visually, it is amazing. The main problem is that the movie is hard to follow towards the middle, and suffers because of it. See it for the effects, but not for the story.
  10. Aug 24, 2014
    I haven't seen the original TRON movie, and I'm wondering if maybe that would have made some details a bit clearer.

What exactly the Grid is, or where it is, I'm not exactly sure even after seeing the movie. Not important, though. The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack

The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack reminded me a lot of "Inception", although that's where the resemblance ends.

It was nice to see Garrett Hedlund again. All in all the actor performances were nothing special. A whole lot of history wasn't given to them, or depth, and especially Tron's history and life were left much into the shadows, although he was one of the core characters. Zuse was a nice splatter of humor in the middle of it all.

The story moved nicely, and managed not to become too difficult to follow. The style of the movie appealed to me (clothing, make-up).

Not exactly what I was expecting, but a good movie nonetheless, especially for someone who has no prior knowledge of the franchise.
  11. Dec 19, 2011
    It boasts one of the best assembled casts, who work well together, and has some just stunning visual effects, but you don't really know what is going on because the special effects are to distracting. I give this film a 48%.
  12. Jul 22, 2014
    The difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive, but also common and stale. The story has stale acting from a majority of the cast, and a story lacking surprise and motivation to watch it.. JeffThe difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive, but also common and stale. The story has stale acting from a majority of the cast, and a story lacking surprise and motivation to watch it.. Jeff Bridges, being a great actor, has an emotional depth to him, and I was surprised by Olivia Wilde. The story is what has to make the movie, unfortunately, and it didn't hit me. Expand
  13. Dec 8, 2012
    I thought this was great! 2010 was a good year for Disney...Toy Story 3, Wonderland, Secretariat, Tangled, Tron Legacy. They had alot on their plate, and Tron Legacy did not disappoint!

I want to defend the film first. So what if this has a "videogame storyline," it's about a videogame, and an electronic world!! I'm really confused as to what else could been expected, the plotline was highly entertaining and I honestly can't ask for much more. The visual effects were STUNNING! Some of the best I have ever seen. I expected that the film would be visually astounding, but I was still blown away. I was truly fascinated by the way this film looked...so cool!! I liked the actors, Jeff Bridges is great in anything, and Garret Hedlund was even okay. Olivia Wilde was nice, too. I'm a huge House fan, so I've always liked her. Also, perfect musical score by Daft Punk...so modern, fresh, and cool!

A major flaw in the film is its writing. The screenplay was way too bare and minimal which was slightly disappointing, especially after multiple viewings. TRON Legacy does so many things right that a weak script really holds the film back. What little dialogue there was wasn't enough to support the deeper themes the film glazed over.

Overall though, I think everyone should see TRON: Legacy! I thought it was pretty awesome.
  14. Apr 14, 2012
    TRON: Legacy may be visually spectacular, but it's an incredibly flawed film, even for a shamelessly profit-driven Disney Blockbuster. It begins well enough, with satisfying links to the original film, and the first hour or so is pretty entertaining and energetic storytelling. Garrett Hedlund, while not the most talented actor or compelling protagonist in film history, has the rightTRON: Legacy may be visually spectacular, but it's an incredibly flawed film, even for a shamelessly profit-driven Disney Blockbuster. It begins well enough, with satisfying links to the original film, and the first hour or so is pretty entertaining and energetic storytelling. Garrett Hedlund, while not the most talented actor or compelling protagonist in film history, has the right confidence and swagger about him to convincingly portray Jeff Bridges' son. Bruce Boxleitner is decent in his reprisal of the role of Alan Bradley/Tron, but his role this time round is a little limited. Michael Sheen unquestionably steals the show as the flamboyant Bowie-esque nightclub owner Castor. Olivia Wilde is pretty awful as Quorra, and her character is nonsensical, even for a film about someone being transformed into computer code, but the real disappointment is Jeff Bridges who looks bored as the old Flynn and downright terrifying as the de-aged Flynn/CLU. The script is also dire, and the story becomes offensively dumb from about an hour in. Thank goodness for the fantastically catchy electronic soundtrack provided by Daft Punk - it almost makes up for the inconsistency of the rest of the film...almost. TRON: Legacy has fantastic visuals and competent action, and a standout performance from Michael Sheen, but it's been a while since I've seen another film that's so moronic and packed with bad ideas. And I'm sure the filmmakers got Cillian Murphy in for a two minute sequence for some reason...but I sure as heck don't know what that reason was. Expand
  15. Dec 24, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Oops." That's how the romantic puts it, when he realizes his grave miscalculation. Nobody will be looking for him. The weekend warrior is off the grid, and with his food and water supplies approaching near-depletion, the romantic finds himself suddenly full of regret. At the very least, he should have told his boss. The foolhardy rock climber is indeed between a rock and a hard place, just like Kevin Flynn(Jeff Bridges), who gets stuck between a floppy and a hard disk when the computer programmer misses the zero hour of the portal, leaving him trapped in cyberspace at least a 120 months. Oops. But he's no Aron Ralston, the lone wolf explorer(portrayed by James Franco in Danny Boyle's "127 Hours"), who made his peregrination to the outback without telling a soul, and almost paid the ultimate price, by an arm's length. The video game creator left behind tracks. Big ones. "Tron: Legacy" opens up in 1989, the last time that Sam will see his father as a child. On this last night, Kevin tells his son about the miracle: the grid, the digital frontier that he helped create with Clu and Tron(in other words: he, "himself", and Alan's avatar), so when the Encom CEO turns up missing, Sam(as well as Tron's "user", played by Bruce Boxleitner) should know where to start looking for him, but the time-condensing scenes that bridges the then and now, seems to indicate that during the intervening time, nobody entertained the possibility of the obvious, as to the senior Flynn's whereabouts. Is the boy an idiot? Talk about "sound and fury signifying nothing", in which Sam, left fatherless and without direction, grows up angry, sabotaging his dad's company on a yearly basis with some elaborate prank, when all the boy needed to do was conduct a canvassing of the his father's old haunts, which would have eventually led him to the video arcade, and a less-dramatic reunion. Finally, after learning from Alan(who knows about "the grid", too) about a page that the boy's guardian received from his father's office, Sam goes to Flynn's, perhaps for the first time in two decades(the electricity was never turned off), and at long last, discovers the secret room behind a coin-operated video game. So even though he's pushing thirty, Sam(Garrett Hedlund) gets to live every quarter-poppin' boy's fantasy back in 1982(to be Mario; to be Pac-Man; to be the man on the ostrich in Joust), when he infiltrates the electronic landscape and becomes one with the gaming light. How much better would "Tron: Legacy" be if Sam was younger? Most likely, a lot. By accident, though, his relatively advanced age works as a social commentary on the gaming industry's demographics, which, of course, includes Sam's lot, when in fact, video games probably started out as a child's preoccupation. Not surprisingly, the younger Flynn, with no discernible career plans ahead of him or family to speak of, essentially is still a kid, undergoing an extended adolescence. He has time to play Tron. Like its Steven Lisberger-directed predecessor, "Tron: Legacy" gets weighed down by a muddled story, ostensibly written by a human, yet seems more like the work of an Atari 2600(and the Sears knockoff), but unlike the original 1982 "Tron", the special effects aren't nearly distinct enough to offset the dearth of narrative wizardry. Despite being less elaborate than the latest in CGI technology, the spectacle created by Harrison Ellenshaw and Richard Taylor had the look of a video game, and was heavily invested with intellectual properties that the new effects flat-out lack. Whereas the light cycles and neon frisbee death match correlates nicely to the graphics in a coin-operated machine, its newfangled re-imaginings are too elaborate, not looking at all like something "God"(circa the 80s: the time period that Flynn was supposed to have invented this "new frontier") could have created. The effects should look like something a player could manipulate with a joystick. That's what made the original such a joy to behold. It looked playable. As a result , the two films don't seem connected, despite the presence of Jeff Bridges, whose Kevin Flynn resembles something straight out of a Samuel Beckett play, waiting for Sam like he does. When the two men meet, both father and son should be furious at each other, but an argument about the boy's tardiness would have emphasized the looming plot-hole, which presents itself loud and clear enough already during that long-ago bedtime story that the father imparts to his son. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2012
    It's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality of the setting and concept do not do enough to compensate for the terrible acting, mediocre effects, cheesy dialogue, and prolonged plot. This movie, whileIt's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality of the setting and concept do not do enough to compensate for the terrible acting, mediocre effects, cheesy dialogue, and prolonged plot. This movie, while not so original, compensates for that by actually having pretty decent acting, amazing effects, a plot that isn't dull and boring, and is just in general a much more entertaining movie. It's only real flaw for me was that it left behind the concept of the personalities of the computer programs and was essentially just another modern science fiction movie with cool effects. The world feels almost more alien than computer. I also thought they could've expanded on the ending quite a bit. The movie ends with them talking about "changing the world" but no method for this is explained in any way. I assume they left it open like that in order to whore out the franchise in the ensuing years with sequels but I'm a believer that movies should be able to stand alone.

On a side note, if you watch this movie on blu-ray, be sure to check out the extra called "Flynn Lives" after you watch the movie. It's one of the most interesting extra features I've ever seen in movies. Most movies just throw in useless deleted scenes, interviews, and some segments on how things were made. Most people don't really care about that stuff, however, this extra is one that they could've, and actually should've included after the credits. I think a lot of people would've been interested to watch these 5 minutes after the film since it fit so well. Also, I've gotta mention Olivia Wilde. Obviously she's absolutely beautiful. However, I thought her character completely stole the screen. Quorra might have been the only really interesting character in the movie and Olivia Wilde did a great job in portraying that. Overall, this was a really good movie that might not appeal as much to the nerd niche but one that I think more people would enjoy.
  17. Dec 27, 2010
    This was the worse film I've seen since "Splice" earlier this year. The four stars given are for the visuals - without them it is a one star film. Clearly this is not a good year for Science Fiction. The plot is SO slow and plodding, and the dialogue - well, you have to hear it to believe it. "Tron - What have you become?" - laughably bad. All of the money was spent on the visuals,This was the worse film I've seen since "Splice" earlier this year. The four stars given are for the visuals - without them it is a one star film. Clearly this is not a good year for Science Fiction. The plot is SO slow and plodding, and the dialogue - well, you have to hear it to believe it. "Tron - What have you become?" - laughably bad. All of the money was spent on the visuals, certainly not on the script. I'm a fan of Jeff Bridges but his talent is wasted here. The visuals are great, and I saw it in 3D and it was one of the better films to use that technique, but I found myself looking at my watch at least three times hoping it would end. Everything is totally predictable, and borrows heavily from other Sci Fi movies. If they make any more of these films I hope they concentrate more on the script next time. Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2013
    TRON ecstasy.
    The entire movie is dull, boring, and feels completely fake. The characters are bland and unbelievable, the effects are good, but the dialogue is terrible. The film feels like its simply riding the coat tails of its predecessor, and never grows into its shoes.
  19. Jan 23, 2013
    The idea is original, but the movie is painful.
  20. Nov 9, 2011
    TRON: LEGACY is a visually impressive and entertaining film that was great in 3D and is really fun. But in some parts, I didn't like the acting that much.
  21. Dec 20, 2011
    I am suprised that critics hated it so much, It actually was pretty good. The action scenes were good and the acting was ok (I expected better) and the story was true to the series but lets be honest - The story sucked, It wasnt interesting and it ended so poorly that it left me saying "I watched this movie just for that?". The story brought it down a lot but the enjoyable moments throughI am suprised that critics hated it so much, It actually was pretty good. The action scenes were good and the acting was ok (I expected better) and the story was true to the series but lets be honest - The story sucked, It wasnt interesting and it ended so poorly that it left me saying "I watched this movie just for that?". The story brought it down a lot but the enjoyable moments through out the movie made it worth the watch. Expand
  22. Nov 20, 2011
    I actually thought it was pretty good. Solid acting and good effects as well, Works well in 3D too. The downfalls of it though is the rather long run time, Far too long if you ask me. Also while its entertaining for the most part, Its rather boring at times as well. Overall its still rather good.
  23. Jun 1, 2014
    "You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

"You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

Surprisingly i have never seen the original Tron movie despite it being one of the most well known sci-fi movies ever but whats more of a surprise is that sci-fi is my favorite genre and i haven't seen it so with that it still took a while for me to finally get around to watching this movie but damn was it awesome. I know that the critics didn't care for the movie but seriously you can never take what they say on faith and you just have to watch the movie for yourself and when i finally did i found myself liking it more then others. The film boast amazing visuals with top notch CGI, a likable cast, a decent story, and a spectacular soundtrack but where the film fails is how predicable it and its characters can be at time also that i didn't care for the whole father son relationship story arc in the film. Still though i had a really enjoyable time watching this movie and would honestly recommend it to people that have yet to see it.

The film follows Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and after talking to his fathers friend Alan who received a message from his father Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) who has been missing for the past 20 years, Sam goes down to his dads old video arcade place to check it out. He soon finds a old computer and after messing around with it he unknowingly transports himself into a digital world known as "The Grid". He is soon caught and taken to what is called "The Games" a huge arena where a bunch of programs fight each other with their digital identity discs. This was actually the most fun part of the movie seeing Sam fight against the programs then seeing him fight on the motorcycles it was a thrilling spectacle to watch with a amazing use of CGI that was a absolute wonder to look at.

While in the games Sam is rescued by a mysterious person we soon come to learn that this is Quorra (Olivia Wilde) she is his friends with his father and is taking him to meet him. From here we find out why Sam received the message and its not for the reason he was thinking, now its up to the three of them to stop Kevin's evils digital clone Clu who has gone mad with trying to make everything perfect resulting in Clu committing genocide on a entire digital race called ISO's. The story does have its fair share of plot holes some minor some big still though in the end i enjoyed its story and its flaws weren't that big of a problem to me as it is with others. My favorite part of the movie i would have to say was the Club scene for sure DAFT PUNK in the DJ booth blaring great tunes while we great to see a kick ass action sequence also seeing Olivia Wilde kick some ass was just totally awesome.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Now i know some people didn't like the younger digital face of Jeff Bridges but honestly its not has bad as what people make it out to be and to be honest i was rather impressed by how it looked now i didn't see it in theaters and maybe they touched it up a little more when they released it out on Blu ray/DVD but i cant say. Other then that i absolutely loved Olivia Wilde in this she looked simply gorgeous and her character was awesome also it would have cool to see a bit more of Tron as he was totally kick ass in all his parts.
  24. Feb 8, 2011
    A masterpiece that definitely lives up to its predecessor. However, I don't get why some critics are whining about the script/plot. It seriously wasn't that hard to follow. Personally, I had a harder time following Inception's plot, and I saw the damn movie twice!
  25. Dec 18, 2010
    "Words Can't Describe , the intensity , the Graphics , the Tron!. Tron Legacy is one 3D spectacle that dares to be reckoned with , its truly amicable , from the moment you enter the grid till you leave .. Tron Legacy will have you wanting more" .. A
  26. Jun 3, 2011
    I guess I really don't see what the critics see because I saw nothing wrong with this film. The acting was good, the visuals were stunning and the soundtrack was amazing I bought it right after I saw the movie. This movie was great. The only negative thing I have to say about it is their weren't enough games. Their shouldve been way more battles, but other than that the father and sonI guess I really don't see what the critics see because I saw nothing wrong with this film. The acting was good, the visuals were stunning and the soundtrack was amazing I bought it right after I saw the movie. This movie was great. The only negative thing I have to say about it is their weren't enough games. Their shouldve been way more battles, but other than that the father and son story was great, the sound effects were ecstatic, and like I said before the soundtrack was the best I've heard in a movie in a LONG time, Daft Punk is amazing at what he does. I hope theirs a third. This movie deserves high praise, 10/10. Expand
  27. Nov 22, 2014
    Only draws attention by its great visuals, otherwise the story is not amazing the characters are shallow and monotonous plot. .
  28. Jun 2, 2011
    Superbly entertaining! A visual event that pulled me in quick and kept me there the whole time. For those that do not know much of the Tron history, this film does well with educating a new audience while also giving some deserved flavor to old time fans. Performances all around are excellent with Bridges stealing the show!
  29. Jan 20, 2011
    My personal favorite scene in thiz movie is the opening scene, where young Kevin Flynn was telling his son the story of inside The Grid, the digital frontier that expected to become true someday. In that scene, you could see for the first time the figure of young Jeff Bridges was created, the camera angle tried to distract our view by spinning the face direction. Only then when he stood inMy personal favorite scene in thiz movie is the opening scene, where young Kevin Flynn was telling his son the story of inside The Grid, the digital frontier that expected to become true someday. In that scene, you could see for the first time the figure of young Jeff Bridges was created, the camera angle tried to distract our view by spinning the face direction. Only then when he stood in front of the room door, finally you would be able to see his face in full image. That was awesome. 61-year-old Jeff Bridges just looked like when he was starring in BLOWN AWAY (1994). Afterwards, the story revolves around the grown-up Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) receives a new clue about the disappearance of his father twenty years ago. His investigation ends up dragging himself into cyber-universe of his father computer system creation. Thiz is a sequel from the original movie, TRON in 1982. The Director is unknown Joseph Konsinski, thiz is his first feature film for big screen. I can see some weaknesses around the plot and unnecessary dialogue, particularly in the middle of the movie. However, the high concept of how they build a whole new neon-futuristic universe is fascinating, especially the bike and the car which are very dashing and impressive. I think all Casts look cool, but only in styles, not acting. The sexy skin-tight costumes on Quorra (Olivia Wilde) and Gem (Beau Garrett) are totally jaw-dropping. Michael Sheen transforms into some sort of David Bowie character as Zuse, the charismatic night-club owner, but it is still brief and empty element is attached to the story for overall. Some of the action scenes are boosted with great fusion of electronica tracks by Daft Punk. Do you notice that those French electronic DJ have also appeared in thiz movie? Where are they? In case, if you have missed it, they are the duo masked DJ at Zuse Club. I know that thiz movie is left with tons of unanswered questions, but personally I also enjoy a new whole concept of philosophies (just like in THE MATRIX (1999)). There are so many stuffs to think about. Why do we have to chase for the perfection? While it has already there, right in front of us all these times. Since the long a time ago, I was concerned that many of young people in thiz generation were wasting hundred of hours by playing video games, while there were so many things more worth doing. Kevin Flynn is right! The only way to win thiz game is not to play it. These whole things are not just about User Vs. Program, Tron Vs. Clue, Blue Vs. Orange, or The Evil-side Vs. The Good-side. The movie simply reminds us, the biggest enemy is none others than ourself.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  30. Dec 26, 2010
    Its visuals are as stunning as its dialogue is awful. It is worth-seeing in a theater, especially in IMAX, to revel in its special effects and sound, but, my God, the dialogue is laughably bad. It also doesn't help that it's at least 30 minute too long, with an increasingly tiresome plot.
  31. Jan 7, 2011
    Visually gorgeous, yet abysmally retarded, this outrageously poor follow-up to such a ground-breaking film was better off left in someone's mind. While I'm not averse to the movie-with-a-message, this movie was so ridiculously PC it made me openly groan several times during the movie. Instead of respecting the first film's cutting edge theme, the filmmakers chose to one-up the graphics,Visually gorgeous, yet abysmally retarded, this outrageously poor follow-up to such a ground-breaking film was better off left in someone's mind. While I'm not averse to the movie-with-a-message, this movie was so ridiculously PC it made me openly groan several times during the movie. Instead of respecting the first film's cutting edge theme, the filmmakers chose to one-up the graphics, which with 25+ years-later technology available, I would certainly expect, and dumb-down (while simultaneously backslapping the heart) the concept that was so pioneering that it was better left alone. Unfortunately, in between weak, watered-down action scenes, we get elementary dialogue, poor acting and way too many messages about why building the perfect digital world has made us neglect and forget the perfect world in which we already live. To top it off, we have a techie-gone-hippie Kevin Flynn, played by a tepid performance by Jeff Bridges who can't help but occasionally morph into "The Dude." Sure, we all change as we get older. And, absolutely, we come to appreciate the world around us more as we increase with age, but this movie needed a Wachowski Brothers-like approach to the action and deep theme in order to warrant any serious consideration. Instead it was written by people who have spent more time on CW teen dramas than anything of technical substance. If you haven't seen it and love the first one, don't waste your time or memories on Tron Legacy. Expand
  32. Aug 20, 2011
    I absolutely loved the movie. The lightcycle races and the disc wars were absolutely spectacular and Jeff Bridges gave his all in a great performance. And Daft Punk is just the cherry on top! Possibly the best family movie I have seen since Monsters VS Aliens.
  33. Aug 23, 2011
    Il fallait s'y attendre, Tron l'Héritage n'est pas une perle question scénario (histoire lisse, personnages sans intérêt). Mais le film se démarque (comme on s'y attendait également) par son ambiance electro pop (bruitages, bo de Daft Punk) ainsi que par son rendu visuel époustouflant (accessoires,Il fallait s'y attendre, Tron l'Héritage n'est pas une perle question scénario (histoire lisse, personnages sans intérêt). Mais le film se démarque (comme on s'y attendait également) par son ambiance electro pop (bruitages, bo de Daft Punk) ainsi que par son rendu visuel époustouflant (accessoires, costumes, décors, effets numériques). Au final, Tron 2 reste un spectacle ébourrifant et grandiose. Expand
  34. Mar 20, 2013
    Better then the original to me. Better Effects, Better Cast/Acting, Better Story. I say this film was also one of the best in 2010. The plot is fairly decent, more interesting then the original. I say watch this if your looking for something fun, but don't look too deep into the plot.
  35. Sep 11, 2011
    The first Tron movie had some groundbreaking ideas to virtual space but Tron legacy fails to explore any new themes or sci-fi ideas. The world of Tron legacy was simply a fantasy world rather than exploring a scifi world within a computer which is a missed opportunity. The movie has a great soundtrack and some of the visual direction is brilliant, the CGI animated young Jeff Bridges wasThe first Tron movie had some groundbreaking ideas to virtual space but Tron legacy fails to explore any new themes or sci-fi ideas. The world of Tron legacy was simply a fantasy world rather than exploring a scifi world within a computer which is a missed opportunity. The movie has a great soundtrack and some of the visual direction is brilliant, the CGI animated young Jeff Bridges was awful, did not work and ruined the movie for me every time the animated character spoke. I rate Tron fairly well dispite these short comings as I loved its soundtrack so much, its a shame they didnt take more chances with the sci-fi ideas and its CGI Jeff Bridges. Expand
  36. Feb 26, 2013
    TRON: Legacy is an awesome science fiction adventure and even though I am no fan of Daft Punk, I thought the musical score was very, very good. It fit the mood perfectly. The animations are brilliantly done, nearly every scene is a piece of art and the costumes looked great. My gripe with this movie is that although the acting was good, especially the fighting cheography, they could haveTRON: Legacy is an awesome science fiction adventure and even though I am no fan of Daft Punk, I thought the musical score was very, very good. It fit the mood perfectly. The animations are brilliantly done, nearly every scene is a piece of art and the costumes looked great. My gripe with this movie is that although the acting was good, especially the fighting cheography, they could have perhaps made what was being said more meaningful at times. It felt to me that some of the things uttered by the characters were redundant and a scene would have been more majestic if they had kept quiet or were given something else to say. For example, at some point a character utters "Long live the users!" and it comes across as quite powerful, very neat quote. The very same character is then made to proclaim "death to the users" and to me it sort of felt as if though it undid some character development there. I thought that Jeff Bridges as the protagonist's father was a good match, I liked his 80's attitude but as the antagonist he simply lacked the charisma to pull off a convincing villain, especially during the speech scene near the end. I would have also liked for the movie to be a bit more technologically-savy oriented. A bit of a pet-peeve but it seemed to me like they could have gotten more out of the movie if they had somehow incorporated some of today's existing terminology into the storyline so that less things seem to happen as if by magic. The hacker angle wasn't exploited enough (for a change!). Plot was slightly on the weak side and the movie seemed to slow down near the end but that straightened itself out mostly and the film came together in the end. I never saw TRON (1982) but it's been bumped up my priority list. Expand
  37. Jul 18, 2013
    A very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and that soundtrack by Daft Punk is something everyone can enjoy! This is a great film!
  38. Jan 21, 2011
    Tron Legacy is far from a perfect movie. I found it to be a bit slow in some parts and the plot line is typical. However, the 3D and action are excellent, the characters are great, and the acting is solid. The film also has a solid conclusion. Tron is a movie that is worth checking out, especially with the cool 3D.
  39. Jan 6, 2011
    After more than a decade, another TRON movie was released. Did it make the fans happy ? Yes ! But I didn't saw the old TRON Movie (1982) so I was kinda amused. That does mean that you have to see the old one to like this one. The visual effects were outstanding. The disc trowing battle was bad-ass, I wanted to see more of that. Sometimes, especially at the end, it had those moments were itAfter more than a decade, another TRON movie was released. Did it make the fans happy ? Yes ! But I didn't saw the old TRON Movie (1982) so I was kinda amused. That does mean that you have to see the old one to like this one. The visual effects were outstanding. The disc trowing battle was bad-ass, I wanted to see more of that. Sometimes, especially at the end, it had those moments were it touches you. TRON : Legacy was kinda shallow, but it was a cool, hardcore movie, with hot chicks (Olivia Wilde). Still, this movie may not be for everybody. Expand
  40. Dec 29, 2010
    Visually stunning and comes with incredibly cool toys, Tron: Legacy still fell flat on the story and had a very dull script. The story is about the son of a virtual world designer (Garret Hedlund) goes looking for his father (Jeff Bridges) and ends up inside the digital world that his father designed. He meets his father's creation, Clue (Jeff Bridges), turned bad and a unique ally who wasVisually stunning and comes with incredibly cool toys, Tron: Legacy still fell flat on the story and had a very dull script. The story is about the son of a virtual world designer (Garret Hedlund) goes looking for his father (Jeff Bridges) and ends up inside the digital world that his father designed. He meets his father's creation, Clue (Jeff Bridges), turned bad and a unique ally who was born inside the digital domain of The Grid. Jeff Bridges played both the role of Kevin Flynn and Clue in this film. If you hadn't notice, they digitally rearranged his face so he'd look like a younger version of himself. Now talk about the 3D, sure the movie looked cool and all but the first thing popping up on the screen was "This film is not all in 3D, some of its parts will be in 2D since it is shot that way." Basically it meant the movie was converted at the end. There was not one scene that was meant for 3D that I can see. Although I loved the way the film looked and how cool the premise is, the 3D is laughable and the dialogue is annoying made Tron:Legacy fell short from its original. Expand
  41. Jan 25, 2014
    All style, no substance. Impressive in the audio/visual department, with little going on elsewhere. When it finishes recreating scenes from the 1982 film, it's bland, predictable and boring.
  42. Mar 25, 2011
    Visually fantastic, with amazing music and great action scenes, but the plot is uninspired and the story feels very much like a cop-out. Good popcorn flick, but no one will remember it 20 years from now
  43. Jan 2, 2012
    Very stylish film with an outstanding soundtrack. However like a poorly thought out pie it sags in the middle and all the time they are "advancing the plot" and talking about ISO's, etc, you long for them to go back and have another lightcycle race or disc battle. Olivia Wilde is great, Jeff Bridges is ok reprising an earlier role ("The Dude" from the big lebowski), however the actorVery stylish film with an outstanding soundtrack. However like a poorly thought out pie it sags in the middle and all the time they are "advancing the plot" and talking about ISO's, etc, you long for them to go back and have another lightcycle race or disc battle. Olivia Wilde is great, Jeff Bridges is ok reprising an earlier role ("The Dude" from the big lebowski), however the actor playing Sam Flynn is an unengaging cookie-cutter hero. I really hope the sequel is better than this. Overall ok, but not as good as it could have been. Expand
  44. Dec 27, 2010
    "Tron Legacy" is what you would call pure eye candy with a heavy visual twist much like "The Matrix"(1998) and "Inception"(2010) the only thing that separates these two films from Legacy is there deep rooted stories groundbreaking visuals, thought provoking premises and phenomenal scripts from there respective directors. This sequel of the 1982 cult classic is rather simple stuff the"Tron Legacy" is what you would call pure eye candy with a heavy visual twist much like "The Matrix"(1998) and "Inception"(2010) the only thing that separates these two films from Legacy is there deep rooted stories groundbreaking visuals, thought provoking premises and phenomenal scripts from there respective directors. This sequel of the 1982 cult classic is rather simple stuff the screenplay by Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis is dull with uninspired dialogue and a lack of real emotions. But what the screenplay lacks the sheer power of this visuals, action, story and the return of Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn greatly makes up for the lack of compelling dialogue in this film. First time director Joseph Kosinski and cinematographer Claudio Miranda do a bang up job bringing this visually lush world to life breathing life into a rather lifeless film and in the process creating a fantastical film that literally jumps out of the screen. "Tron Legacy" is a massive improvement on the original in both visuals and style what the original lacked this absorbing sequel makes up for it with a high octane, bold adventure that is ripped right from the world of TRON, this film may lack compelling dialogue but it has just enough intelligence, style, charm and just enough well written dialogue to save this from being a disaster "Tron Legacy " is a magical in the sense of its wonder and excitement, in its visuals and its at times emotional father son tale at the heart of this film. This film is not one of the years best and it is nowhere near as good as any other high gloss Science Fiction adventure such as "The Matrix" or "Inception" but "Tron Legacy" proves to be one of the years most enjoyable popcorn adventure flicks and one of the most enjoyable film of this holiday season. I loved every minute of this wildly entertaining film.

To watch this film you have to leave you inhibitions at the door, you have to leave logic at the door and just sit back and enjoy the ride, which is what I did. I just sat back and enjoyed this film for what it is flaws and all and trust me when I say this movie has a boatload of them. To save this film the embarrassment I am going to restrain from naming them. However, I will name one the plot; the plot of this film is so full of holes big enough that you could stuff the whole digital world into it. That is not the point of this film that is not why it was made. If this film was made to be "Inception,â
  45. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tron Legacy: Sequel to the original which was released nearly 30 years ago. I myself haven't seen the original Tron film, so I can't say whether its a worthy sequel or whether it was worth the wait, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the film. The special effects were quite awesome and the film brilliantly made use of the IMAX 3D, and managed to give us some astounding graphics within the Grid. It's good that the film makes concessions to those that haven't seen Tron, by giving us a little backstory about the first film and how it ties into the second film. The lightcycles and light disk fights are the best parts of the movie, and there should've been more of that. The acting is quite good, all of the actors give great performances, especially Garret Hedlund as main character, Sam. Martin Sheen gives the best performance, as the vibrant and ecstatic bar owner Zeus, injecting charisma into every scene he's in. And Daft Punk get three cameos as DJs, changing the song when a fight breaks out. However, this isn't a perfect film. A number of the dialogue that comes from Sams mouth sounds quite cliched and the script isn't exactly oscar-worthy. It isn't exactly a surprise when Zeus betrays Sam to CLU and it seems pointless having Quorra send him there in the first place. And the final part in the grid where Flynn has CLU bond back with him makes you think "why wait until now to do that?". Also, de-aging Jeff Bridges doesn't exactly work, just making him seem video-gamey. Granted, it works for CLU, but doesn't really work for Flynn. All in all, I recommend this film. Just don't expect much of character development and go in expecting a dazzling visual for your eyes rather than for your mind Expand
  46. Jan 7, 2011
    Deriving from an understandable desire to become free beings, humanoid computer programs turn against their users/creators. However, the way they intend to achieve their freedom is morally problematic. The programs' uprising is lead by a dictatorship that is already responsible for a genocide of an alien race with the purpose to get rid of "imperfection". The movie then tries to conveyDeriving from an understandable desire to become free beings, humanoid computer programs turn against their users/creators. However, the way they intend to achieve their freedom is morally problematic. The programs' uprising is lead by a dictatorship that is already responsible for a genocide of an alien race with the purpose to get rid of "imperfection". The movie then tries to convey that the idea of perfection is often misunderstood. It claims perfection is the diversity and asymmetry appearing in nature, and therefore condemns the idea that perfection is found in geometry. This hints at the idea that geometry really is only an approximate description/a simplification of the unique wonders of the real world that helps our limited minds try to understand life. Unfortunately, most of this critical thought is not elaborated in the movie and gets lost in special effects. Expand
  47. Feb 13, 2014
    A visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level of technical detail put into the film. Everything about it is great, except there's that notion of shallowness that can't be escaped. A great movie should beA visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level of technical detail put into the film. Everything about it is great, except there's that notion of shallowness that can't be escaped. A great movie should be rewatchable multiple times, and while Legacy does so much to entertain your visual and audible senses (Daft Punks original score for the movie is OUTSTANDING), the way the story is told feels a bit underwhelming considering how impressive everything else is. I absolutely love this film and I hope Disney puts more into the story next time (there's confirmation that, at this time, a follow up movie is in the works). The actors were fantastic (how can you say no to Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde!?), I just could have used more weight to the plot instead of a very cookie-cutter format. Still, I highly recommend this movie! Expand
  48. Jul 17, 2012
    As well made as this movie is, it was let down by horrid pacing and a thin plot. The action is stunning while it lasts but the second act is chock-full of exposition and the third act couldn't make up for the dull second. I'll give credit to Daft Punk's awesome score, Joseph Kosinski for his architectural experience and Jeff Bridge's performance as an old and young version of himself, butAs well made as this movie is, it was let down by horrid pacing and a thin plot. The action is stunning while it lasts but the second act is chock-full of exposition and the third act couldn't make up for the dull second. I'll give credit to Daft Punk's awesome score, Joseph Kosinski for his architectural experience and Jeff Bridge's performance as an old and young version of himself, but this was a disappointment. Expand
  49. Jan 23, 2011
    When I first saw this movie, I absolutely loved it. But when I saw it again.......eh. I kinda like it, but there's so much wrong with it. The visuals were awesome, the action was cool, Jeff Bridges and Michael Sheen were good, and I loved the soundtrack. But the film's bad script, lazy plot, lack of explanation for most plot devices, mediocre acting asides from the two above (although itWhen I first saw this movie, I absolutely loved it. But when I saw it again.......eh. I kinda like it, but there's so much wrong with it. The visuals were awesome, the action was cool, Jeff Bridges and Michael Sheen were good, and I loved the soundtrack. But the film's bad script, lazy plot, lack of explanation for most plot devices, mediocre acting asides from the two above (although it would be really hard to be good with this bad dialouge), bad pacing, and the ending kept it from being that good. Now, keep in mind, I'm not trying to be a snobbish critic. I can always love a good dumb popcorn flick. I mean, I love Transformers 2 and I really like Clash of the Titans and the A-Team. But the action, while cool, wasn't good enough to elevate it to that level of dumb popcorn flick, and the movie took itself way too seriously, It thought it was a Matrix or Inception level sci-fi masterpiece and it wasn't. But I do recommend it. Just see at a matinee, and only see it once. Expand
  50. Jul 17, 2013
    Without comparing it to the original, Tron: Legacy is a fun movie. There is action all throughout paired with a cool soundtrack. the story is short and is done with descent acting. Not bad.
  51. Oct 12, 2014
    Tron Legacy is the sequel to the 1982 Tron.This movie look marvelous and sounds amazing.You haven't lived if you haven't seen this movie yet.The acting isn't bad nor the script,they are okay.
  52. May 21, 2013
    I have no idea why critics have put so low rating on this movie. Not an absolute masterpiece, but this very unique movie allows you to throw a sight on bright computer world alongside with marvellous Daft Punk music. Fights are very bright and dynamic. Olivia Wilde is very hot, and Jeff Brisged is cool also. If you are fun of cyberpunk this is your movie, even if you are not definitelyI have no idea why critics have put so low rating on this movie. Not an absolute masterpiece, but this very unique movie allows you to throw a sight on bright computer world alongside with marvellous Daft Punk music. Fights are very bright and dynamic. Olivia Wilde is very hot, and Jeff Brisged is cool also. If you are fun of cyberpunk this is your movie, even if you are not definitely worth watching. I bet half of critics who gave this movie low rating is old grannys afraid of explosions, flashes and speciall effects. Expand
  53. Jul 1, 2012
    This is just another movie witch try's to impress you with special effects and a weak story sort of boring for most of it. The world of Tron is cool but that's the only really interesting thing about this film. Overall Tron was a awful film. Tron Legacy 3.8/10
  54. Dec 29, 2010
    I'm old enough to have seen the first TRON in the theater so I have to admit, I walked in somewhat jaded and thinking it wouldn't likely be very good. I was actually pleasantly surprised. There was good chemistry with the actors and Olivia Wilde was an excellent addition to the cast. The technology and vehicles were also very well done.
  55. Mar 15, 2011
    despite , the stunning visuals in the grid, the movie lacks the tempo and does not get to a convincing end. after it began a perfect way , the first half ran well. second half entered back into the same kind of revenge drama. all the characters in the movie had no life. sam and flynn characters needed a much better life to the movie. soundtrack is different. rest all are ok. finally tron:despite , the stunning visuals in the grid, the movie lacks the tempo and does not get to a convincing end. after it began a perfect way , the first half ran well. second half entered back into the same kind of revenge drama. all the characters in the movie had no life. sam and flynn characters needed a much better life to the movie. soundtrack is different. rest all are ok. finally tron: legacy begins for the best. ends as a dumb movie. Expand
  56. Sep 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In a nutshell: Movie wasn't that good. Olivia Wilde made it watchable, but hell, she makes anything watchable. CLU's CGI face was truly awful. Now, I'm a pretty big scifi fan. My shelves right now are littered with Star Trek TOS novels. I also own an almost complete collection of BattleTech novels. I'm well versed in the science fiction genre. But hell's bells, I still had no **** idea what was so special about those goddamn ISOs. Last time I checked, an ISO was something I mounted to my Daemon Tools to pirate software. They do a really piss poor job of explaining exactly what's so amazing and world-altering about these ISOs. They're just these magical miracles and it's gonna change religion and push the boundaries of human civilization and... and what the **** Why? Why are they so amazing? This is never ever explained with any degree of clarity or satisfaction. I mean, they just look like regular Tron programs with some tattoos. And Quorra seems perkier then everybody else. That's it. That's the only difference I can tell. There needed to be way more explanation. And yeah, I've heard that Tron Evolution actually does go into it and explain the ISOs in more detail, but cmon. You shouldn't have to play a video game to get a key plotpoint in your film.

And really, this is supposed to be a Disney film marketed to children, right? If I, a 25 year old guy who reads tons of scifi can't figure this out, how's a kid supposed to?

Also, a roast pig? Why is there a roast pig in there? Where did he come up with a pig? Do you even need to eat food while in the Grid? Aren't they all digitized? Later on, they have Quorra drinking some blue vial, like it's energy. The disconnect between those two scenes is huge. And uh, how did Flynn come up with all those volumes of old books? Tolstoy, Dosteovsky, Jules Verne? Did he memorize all those books? Did he pull a "Book of Eli?" That seems unlikely, no? Then where did they come from? Were they already on the computer mainframe? Why would these books be on a corporate mainframe? You might say that those works are available on the internet, but this mainframe isn't hooked up to the internet. It couldn't be, because it's about 30 years old, and having an internet connection available to CLU would be really uh, dangerous.

Lightcycle sequence was great, but that was right at the 30 or 40 minute mark. They never ever managed to come close to that setpiece in the second or third act. It's like Superman Returns, where you just get the airplane rescue and then nothing else exciting happens. You can't just blow your wad in the first act and call it a day. There needed to be more great scenes like that, but it never took off. The ending action sequence with the airplanes dogfighting was kinda boring. And I'm not really sure what that last maneuver was. Did they just fly higher and higher until both planes stalled and fell back down? I'm not 100% clear, but it seems like that's what they did. But... why would airplanes in the Grid stall? They're in a computer program, do aerodynamics and the properties of lift have to conform exactly to the real world? It seems kinda silly, doesn't it?
  57. Jan 1, 2011
    Great visual effects, production design, musical scoring. Nice story. Good actors and actresses. All I can say I am satisfied. Sometimes, we only see the effects but not the story. Good movie!
  58. May 26, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie alot more than I thought I would. I never got into the first Tron so I wasn't up-to-date on what was going on. I thought the soundtrack was awesome as well the environment. I wasn't impressed with the acting in the movie whatsoever and the story was kinda weak. But it was a decent film to watch when nothing else was going on and I'd recommend it to someone who likedI enjoyed this movie alot more than I thought I would. I never got into the first Tron so I wasn't up-to-date on what was going on. I thought the soundtrack was awesome as well the environment. I wasn't impressed with the acting in the movie whatsoever and the story was kinda weak. But it was a decent film to watch when nothing else was going on and I'd recommend it to someone who liked the original Tron and someone who might be interested in the new animated Tron: Uprising series coming out soon. Expand
  59. Feb 11, 2012
    An absolutely marvelous film with breathtaking visuals and beautiful art direction. So much of the spirit of the original film is in this one with references for the fans of the first movie to smile with pride for understanding.
  60. Dec 21, 2010
    This film could have been this years "Star Trek", the stage was set. It had the dazzling effects but fell short due to Hedlunds weak performance and script that was originally designed to take the backseat when it was need to steer this film.
  61. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    Tron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know itTron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know it will form part of a trilogy at the very least. The makers have planted enough seeds that will make the next instalment very meaningful. This is probably one for the guys, the girls will be bored in the first 15mins. Daft Punks music suited it well too. Expand
  62. Dec 25, 2010
    This is a very good movie, don't listen to the "49", it deserves over a 90. Enjoyable movie. I don't understand the negative reviews but it's a good movie and worth a check.
  63. Jan 2, 2011
    This movie was awesome!!!

Disney did a perfect job on the special effects and the fight scenes.

The music was amazing, Daft Punk are a excellent duo and fit the movie completely.

I saw it in Imax 3D and I was suprised because the sound is so loud, it made the chairs vibrate I was like "I felt that!!"

Super cool movie!
  64. ALF
    Aug 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have many fond memories of the original film which I shall not share, only that I went to the cinema twice to see the original. I have been looking forward to this for some time and it did not disappoint. I really cannot understand some of the comments made by supposed critics, seems like a lot of "look at me hot air." Tron2 is a worthy successor to the original and they have opened up a possible franchise with some of the storyline. The effects were excellent. One of the critics commented about the light cycles as being the only thing to watch. What about the motorcycle chase? The leap off the building? The arena fight? Perhaps dear critics you should think before you write, perhaps watch the movie again (even I see new things every time I watch it) and then comment, but that would be too sensible. Expand
  65. Apr 21, 2011
    Fantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. ThankfullyFantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. Thankfully the plot left plenty of openings for a sequel. Collapse
  66. Apr 13, 2015
    Predictable, cliche, dull, uneventful, contrived by the numbers cash grab. Some pretty visuals. Decent acting though not outstanding. Nightmarish CGI on Jeff Bridges face. Gets the most mileage out of playing up nostalgia but that wears thin about half way through.
  67. Dec 21, 2010
    Tron: Legacy is quite a solid film. The story and setting are so nuanced and quirky it keeps things fresh despite the numerous action scenes. Solid performances from the actors and a fantastic soundtrack inject meaning into a world crafted via Disney's heavy-handed application of CGI animation. Of course, the depth and complexity of Tron may not reach the heights of classic dramas butTron: Legacy is quite a solid film. The story and setting are so nuanced and quirky it keeps things fresh despite the numerous action scenes. Solid performances from the actors and a fantastic soundtrack inject meaning into a world crafted via Disney's heavy-handed application of CGI animation. Of course, the depth and complexity of Tron may not reach the heights of classic dramas but Tron sits comfortably among the other popcorn flicks playing at your local 12-screen and has a ton of fun besting them. Expand
  68. Apr 12, 2011
    This is a great visual specticle and the characters really come to life. The story isn't much but its not awful. This movie does a great job entertaining and if yyou expect just that, then you will enjoy it.
  69. Jun 11, 2011
    This is a lifeless, dull film that looks as drab as the script reads. But the major issue I have with the film is that it so often looks "real". A shiny solid slick place instead of a realm made of bits and bytes.
  70. Dec 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Try to look up Tron and you get Legacy on the net. And what was the girl's name in the first film? A Michelle P knock off...Olivia Wilde is hot but so what? It's basically the film redone, but, again, who cares? Good effects don't make a film. Yeah, in this case, the first film was better. Better villain, etc. Too bad. Glad I spent no more than 7 dollars U.S. on it. Didn't waste my time with 3D or IMAX either. Best lines are throw-away. Some times life is more than just wants and needs...but life seldom goes beyond that. Libations for every one...because I can't stand the fact I'm sober and having had 2 plus hours wasted afternoon. Expand
  71. Jan 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm glad someone told me to watch Jeff Bridges like he was playing Lebowski because it made the film more entertaining. I actually really like the story of this film, but its just done so badly. It looks amazing but no one looks like they care about anything, ''Look we're in a Tron movie!'' kinda thing. I didn't care about any of the characters apart from Tron himself but then stopped caring about him when his change of heart isn't even explained. The music is great too, but the film is just flat as hell. It's a shame too, because like I said, the actually backbone story of the film could of been very interesting if done right. Expand
  72. May 16, 2013
    it freaking awesome get it now
  73. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie is amazing. Don't listen to the critics. Critics ruin all good movies out there with their know-it-all, snobby attitudes and biased bad reviews. It is in the spirit of the original film and isn't watered down.
  74. Jan 7, 2012
    Eh. Cool special effects. That's about it. That's all I expected though. But I must say, the soundtrack was stellar. Daft Punk did an amazing job and I'd like to see them do another movie.
  75. Mar 14, 2011
    This could have been such a great movie. Visually it is simply amazing, the art direction is great, and the CG in general is amazing (with the exception of the young jeff bridges). But after the first half hour the story becomes boring and unfocused. The slow action sequences do not help either to push the story forward, and after 2 hours you are begging for the film to finish. This isThis could have been such a great movie. Visually it is simply amazing, the art direction is great, and the CG in general is amazing (with the exception of the young jeff bridges). But after the first half hour the story becomes boring and unfocused. The slow action sequences do not help either to push the story forward, and after 2 hours you are begging for the film to finish. This is what happens when you give such a complicated film to a new comer director, and some tv screenwriters (as good as they are, the film story format is quite different from tv). Expand
  76. Dec 30, 2010
    Personally, I think a 49 is very undeserving. I walked into this film with fairly low expectations, and was wowed with almost everything. The acting was superb throughout the entire film, the CG was phenomenal (not CLU), the 3D was nice, and the story was very good. Don't trust the critics, go watch this movie for yourself. I'm sure you'll love it.
  77. Dec 20, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gotta agree with the critics some on this. Probably better to watch on its own but with a title like Tron Legacy, they'd have to expect you may have seen the first one. It does not compare favorably in my opinion. I own the original Tron and love it. And this is not Tron. Too damn serious for one thing. I know the character was supposed to have heard all about the Grid from his dad's stories but he still should have inspired some sense of wonder at the place when he eventually gets in--Jeff Bridges did so much better in the original. And the visuals? The magic with the first Tron was that EVERYTHING was computer-generated. Here they have actual REAL models for the light-cycles and light-bikes. The movie was just as awkward as the dinner scene with newly reunited father and son. Cooked food? Hardcovers? In the digital realm? WTF? Some nice references to the old movie and 80's nostalgia. But it was all flash and no soul. The tech to create "young Jeff" was not as bad as it could have been. But, again, the original movie, everybody's face looked pale because of graphics not because of makeup, everybody's costume "seemed digitized" not like real tights, and whose bright idea was it to make "deresolution" look like glass breaking? There wasn't even the laser to "scan" Sam into the Grid. And no Cursor--the only nod to actual computer tech was some UNIX-looking (probably MacOS X) commands typed in. If this was an attempt at upgrading the Grid, it was mistaken. Do people expect a better, more visually complex Grid 20 years later? Yes, but they could have executed much better given that CGI today is light years ahead of where it was then. This movie supposedly continues where Tron left off and it does explore territory the original Tron didn't. But I would rather watch old Tron than new Tron. Although he was the best actor in the film, even Jeff seemed like he was more interested in making True Grit than this movie--it even comes off that way in his very few promotional appearances for it. The movie was eye-candy, but ultimately emotionless. Expand
  78. Jan 10, 2011
    Now this movie is hard for a critic like myself because the story is pretty poor... but the graphic features are good, the cast is great and i don't see why I have to have a negative comment.
  79. Jul 14, 2011
    A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However,A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However, if you ignore that and simply be absorbed by the visuals, score and sound, you have a very imaginative ride. Expand
  80. Dec 19, 2010
    For me, it scrapes a positive review. An average storyline is well covered up by the visual effects and soundtrack that this movies offers, if I was rating it based on that it would easily be a 10 but I'm not so it only gets a 6/10.
  81. Mar 6, 2011
    Tron: Legacy has really good special effects. I think thats it. Movie was interesting at times but the rest is just really boring. Couldn't really understand the story (probably because I didn't see the original). The special effects were really good but it overshadows everything else.
  82. Apr 10, 2011
    Visually this is a very entertaining movie. I saw it first in Imax 3D and it was amazing. I thought that it would not transition well to TV. However, I watched it recently on TV, and while not as spectacular as on the big screen , it was still very good. The plot is pretty weak though. Itâ
  83. Apr 20, 2011
    I'll be the first to tell you that the acting, plot, and screenwriting in TRON are nothing to give awards about, but I still enjoyed the movie immensely. Here's why- IT'S FUN! This movie is an absolute joy to watch. The visual effects are astounding; the computer-generated landscapes breathtaking. The action scenes are exciting and the plot is just absurd enough to keep you excited. A realI'll be the first to tell you that the acting, plot, and screenwriting in TRON are nothing to give awards about, but I still enjoyed the movie immensely. Here's why- IT'S FUN! This movie is an absolute joy to watch. The visual effects are astounding; the computer-generated landscapes breathtaking. The action scenes are exciting and the plot is just absurd enough to keep you excited. A real joy to watch, just don't think about it too much. Also, the soundtrack by Daft Punk is perfection. I hope to see more cinematic work from them in the future. Expand
  84. Jun 6, 2011
    Crap.. what more can I say.

Umkay, I can say more... I pity the artists who worked on this, as much of what they created was an innovative twist on unimaginative themes. The 3d/2d artists deserve some cred, for doing what they did within the the clearly claustrophobic confines of the director. Everyone else... u suck!!! Horrible writing, acting, directing..... horrible, unwatchable crap
    Crap.. what more can I say.

Everyone else... u suck!!! Horrible writing, acting, directing..... horrible, unwatchable crap all around.

You get a 2, because you are sort of psyfi, and not Lex (which is beyond horrible)... be grateful for Lex, or you would get -5... ok, zero, as that's as low as it goes. Lex made everything to come after better by being so god-awfully bad--stupid Canadians, what where you thinking.
  85. Sep 2, 2011
    The visuals are fabulous and are enough for one to see the film. The story isn't much, and many questions are left unanswered. The fight scenes were pretty cool, though, and the cast does a good job - particularly Bridges, who has fun playing two characters.
  86. Jun 15, 2011
    Whilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft PunkWhilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft Punk was also quite groovy and fitting.

Although TRON: Legacy is not to be considered a 'top' film, it was definitely an enjoyable digital adventure that those of all ages can follow and be entertained by.
  87. Dec 27, 2010
    This movie is probably a 7, but I truly enjoyed it so went w/ an 8. A lot of things worked in this movie, first of all the soundtrack was awesome and worked w/ every scene to perfection. Second, the action was entertaining and memorizing to look at. I truly found this movie to be extremely entertaining, but maybe that's b/c i love anything sci-fi and techno. The only thing that didn't workThis movie is probably a 7, but I truly enjoyed it so went w/ an 8. A lot of things worked in this movie, first of all the soundtrack was awesome and worked w/ every scene to perfection. Second, the action was entertaining and memorizing to look at. I truly found this movie to be extremely entertaining, but maybe that's b/c i love anything sci-fi and techno. The only thing that didn't work was the computerized version of the younger Jeff Bridges (KLU). Just looked fake.. They might have been better off just using another actor there, but i like the idea of KLU being him. Really can't complain too much about this film. Could it have been smarter or had some better acting (Jeff Brigdes' son kind of lame), probably, but overall i was sucked into this movie. Expand
  88. Dec 22, 2010
    Dude, it's Tron man: people trapped in a video game, and digital elements of that game manifested as people. If you want that concept to be any deeper than Jeff Bridges' Buddhist Jedi Programmer Lebowski, then by all means skip this one. If you don't mind a neon stick world that derives almost all of its ideas from the Black Knight, Star Wars, the Matrix trilogy, and the firstDude, it's Tron man: people trapped in a video game, and digital elements of that game manifested as people. If you want that concept to be any deeper than Jeff Bridges' Buddhist Jedi Programmer Lebowski, then by all means skip this one. If you don't mind a neon stick world that derives almost all of its ideas from the Black Knight, Star Wars, the Matrix trilogy, and the first Tron--AND you think the idea of a light bike appearing out of thin air when a neon-rimmed program-sapien breaks a glowstick in two--then go see Tron and get your brain Daft Punked in 3D. Fact: Seeing Tron is a lot more fun than reading some socially confused movie critic's ten paragraphs about the Wikipedia version of Proust. Expand
  89. Dec 21, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are going to see this movie and are expecting lots of actoin then don't. but if you want too see the movie for the not so good anyway story then see it. but overall its really not that great of a movie. Expand
  90. SFN
    Jan 5, 2011
    i enjoyed this movie, the 3D really made the difference, even thou im not a real fan of tron i enjoyed this movie, the actors are good at best, the storyline to me could"ve been better but still a good movie
  91. Apr 6, 2013
    Tron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of the movie. However, I felt that the plot was somewhat confusing. I was having a bit of trouble following it. Overall, this movie is visually stunning, but theTron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of the movie. However, I felt that the plot was somewhat confusing. I was having a bit of trouble following it. Overall, this movie is visually stunning, but the story and plot fall flat of what I had hoped for. Expand
  92. Jan 6, 2011
    TRON Legacy... well I honestly didn't expect an innovative story like Inception from the trailer, and that's what I got. Its not garbage, but not anything we haven't seen 100 times already. Audio is amazing, visuals are good, but 3D is NOT as strong as it should be, I believe they could have at least put a little more effort into it. My recommendation is to go 2D if you see it. But allTRON Legacy... well I honestly didn't expect an innovative story like Inception from the trailer, and that's what I got. Its not garbage, but not anything we haven't seen 100 times already. Audio is amazing, visuals are good, but 3D is NOT as strong as it should be, I believe they could have at least put a little more effort into it. My recommendation is to go 2D if you see it. But all that aside, TRON Legacy is GOOD. You will get entertainment out of it, and it is worth your attention. Expand
  93. Feb 22, 2011
    Delivers what you'd expect. Mind-blowing visuals and a storyline on-par with the original -- take that as you will. In any case, I didn't blink for two hours. If you do see TRON Legacy, I suggest a RealD performance over an IMAX 3D one, preferably on an AMC Theaters' ETX screen. This is how I viewed it after reading these two articles: -------------- 1.)Delivers what you'd expect. Mind-blowing visuals and a storyline on-par with the original -- take that as you will. In any case, I didn't blink for two hours. If you do see TRON Legacy, I suggest a RealD performance over an IMAX 3D one, preferably on an AMC Theaters' ETX screen. This is how I viewed it after reading these two articles: -------------- 1.) http://bit.ly/dHoUAL -------------- 2.) http://bit.ly/hIVMvw -------------- In any case, it will just not be the same on your TV so try to see it in theaters. -------------- Check out my taste in movies here: http://bit.ly/MyMovies Expand
  94. Dec 23, 2010
    Entertaining. Visually it's more pleasing than Avatar, from my perspective. Story wise it's also much more original - but still lacking. There was room in this TRON universe for more of a complicated story but instead this was a pretty stock storyline. It was still a fair movie though, and the visuals were nothing short of amazing. Would recommend it, you'll be glued to the screen most ofEntertaining. Visually it's more pleasing than Avatar, from my perspective. Story wise it's also much more original - but still lacking. There was room in this TRON universe for more of a complicated story but instead this was a pretty stock storyline. It was still a fair movie though, and the visuals were nothing short of amazing. Would recommend it, you'll be glued to the screen most of the time. Except that at a few times the fast pace of the story and action seems to slow down, and there's corny lines. Other than that it's action packed. Expand
  95. Jan 3, 2011
    This movie was brilliant!!!The only thing i wanted was more at the end for example what happened to the company and how was the ISO adapting to life...
  96. Apr 19, 2011
    Highly enjoyable movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was a fresh take on an old classic and found the main characters believable. The special effects were good and I was mostly able to forget that I was watching a Disney movie. I especially liked the sound track and have been a fan of Daft Punk for years.
  97. Apr 5, 2011
    I watched the original about 2 weeks prior to watching this sequel.

Great visuals, great sounds (way to go Daft Punk), great acting from Jeff Bridges who really makes the movie.

Not amazing, or ground-breaking by any means, but a polished and well-treated production.
  98. Jun 18, 2011
    With such a weak plot the only fall back for the viewer is the visual effects - and even that wasn't particularly groundbreaking - despite some nice effects. It was at least 30 mins too long, way too much unnecessary dialogue and general banter with consequently several "just get on with it" moments. When the viewer gets so bored that they're no longer very interested in the finalWith such a weak plot the only fall back for the viewer is the visual effects - and even that wasn't particularly groundbreaking - despite some nice effects. It was at least 30 mins too long, way too much unnecessary dialogue and general banter with consequently several "just get on with it" moments. When the viewer gets so bored that they're no longer very interested in the final outcome, that makes a movie a failure. A pity because if it had just had a better story and contained more humour and fun (without even having to enhance the effects) this would be an 8/10 movie. Expand
  99. Dec 19, 2010
    So um... this is tron. and daft punk created the whole soundtrack... with that information its got a 10 already. Its the most visually pleasing movie ive ever seen and its all backed up with a daft punk original soundtrack!!!!! now the story isnt all that great, but it isnt bad. If you have no idea what tron actually is that will take away abit from the movie. BUT if u like oldSo um... this is tron. and daft punk created the whole soundtrack... with that information its got a 10 already. Its the most visually pleasing movie ive ever seen and its all backed up with a daft punk original soundtrack!!!!! now the story isnt all that great, but it isnt bad. If you have no idea what tron actually is that will take away abit from the movie. BUT if u like old videogames, if you like eye candy, if u like daft punk... GO SEE THIS MOVIE Expand
  100. May 13, 2014
    This movie could of had so much potential, so much to show, so much to explore...but came in short.

This movie could of done better had we been brought closer to the digital society, ive felt like we didn't see enough outside of the arena. for that i was kinda disappointing. BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie.

BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie. Disney made the right decision on hiring Daft Punk to develop the Tron Legacy Sound Track, who else but Daft Punk...Genius.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.