7.1

1. Oct 12, 2014
    Tron Legacy is the sequel to the 1982 Tron.This movie look marvelous and sounds amazing.You haven't lived if you haven't seen this movie yet.The acting isn't bad nor the script,they are okay.
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    I haven't seen the original TRON movie, and I'm wondering if maybe that would have made some details a bit clearer.

What exactly the Grid is, or where it is, I'm not exactly sure even after seeing the movie. Not important, though.

The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack
    reminded me a lot of "Inception", although that's where the resemblance ends.

It was nice to see Garrett Hedlund again. All in all the actor performances were nothing special. A whole lot of history wasn't given to them, or depth, and especially Tron's history and life were left much into the shadows, although he was one of the core characters. Zuse was a nice splatter of humor in the middle of it all.

The story moved nicely, and managed not to become too difficult to follow. The style of the movie appealed to me (clothing, make-up).

Not exactly what I was expecting, but a good movie nonetheless, especially for someone who has no prior knowledge of the franchise.
  3. Jul 22, 2014
    The difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive, but also common and stale. The story has stale acting from a majority of the cast, and a story lacking surprise and motivation to watch it.. Jeff Bridges, being a great actor, has an emotional depth to him, and I was surprised by Olivia Wilde. The story is what has to make the movie, unfortunately, and it didn't hit me. Expand
  4. Jun 1, 2014
    "You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

Surprisingly i have never seen the original Tron movie despite it being one of the most well known sci-fi movies ever but whats more of a surprise is that sci-fi is my favorite genre and i haven't seen it so with that it still took a while for me to finally get around to watching this movie but damn was it awesome. I
    know that the critics didn't care for the movie but seriously you can never take what they say on faith and you just have to watch the movie for yourself and when i finally did i found myself liking it more then others. The film boast amazing visuals with top notch CGI, a likable cast, a decent story, and a spectacular soundtrack but where the film fails is how predicable it and its characters can be at time also that i didn't care for the whole father son relationship story arc in the film. Still though i had a really enjoyable time watching this movie and would honestly recommend it to people that have yet to see it.

The film follows Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and after talking to his fathers friend Alan who received a message from his father Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) who has been missing for the past 20 years, Sam goes down to his dads old video arcade place to check it out. He soon finds a old computer and after messing around with it he unknowingly transports himself into a digital world known as "The Grid". He is soon caught and taken to what is called "The Games" a huge arena where a bunch of programs fight each other with their digital identity discs. This was actually the most fun part of the movie seeing Sam fight against the programs then seeing him fight on the motorcycles it was a thrilling spectacle to watch with a amazing use of CGI that was a absolute wonder to look at.

While in the games Sam is rescued by a mysterious person we soon come to learn that this is Quorra (Olivia Wilde) she is his friends with his father and is taking him to meet him. From here we find out why Sam received the message and its not for the reason he was thinking, now its up to the three of them to stop Kevin's evils digital clone Clu who has gone mad with trying to make everything perfect resulting in Clu committing genocide on a entire digital race called ISO's. The story does have its fair share of plot holes some minor some big still though in the end i enjoyed its story and its flaws weren't that big of a problem to me as it is with others. My favorite part of the movie i would have to say was the Club scene for sure DAFT PUNK in the DJ booth blaring great tunes while we great to see a kick ass action sequence also seeing Olivia Wilde kick some ass was just totally awesome.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Now i know some people didn't like the younger digital face of Jeff Bridges but honestly its not has bad as what people make it out to be and to be honest i was rather impressed by how it looked now i didn't see it in theaters and maybe they touched it up a little more when they released it out on Blu ray/DVD but i cant say. Other then that i absolutely loved Olivia Wilde in this she looked simply gorgeous and her character was awesome also it would have cool to see a bit more of Tron as he was totally kick ass in all his parts.
  5. May 13, 2014
    This movie could of had so much potential, so much to show, so much to explore...but came in short.

This movie could of done better had we been brought closer to the digital society, ive felt like we didn't see enough outside of the arena. for that i was kinda disappointing.

BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie.
    Disney made the right decision on hiring Daft Punk to develop the Tron Legacy Sound Track, who else but Daft Punk...Genius. Expand
  6. Apr 23, 2014
    It's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving grace is some pretty cool CGI and special effects.
  7. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    Tron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know it will form part of a trilogy at the very least. The makers have planted enough seeds that will make the next instalment very meaningful. This is probably one for the guys, the girls will be bored in the first 15mins. Daft Punks music suited it well too. Expand
  8. Feb 13, 2014
    A visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level of technical detail put into the film. Everything about it is great, except there's that notion of shallowness that can't be escaped. A great movie should be rewatchable multiple times, and while Legacy does so much to entertain your visual and audible senses (Daft Punks original score for the movie is OUTSTANDING), the way the story is told feels a bit underwhelming considering how impressive everything else is. I absolutely love this film and I hope Disney puts more into the story next time (there's confirmation that, at this time, a follow up movie is in the works). The actors were fantastic (how can you say no to Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde!?), I just could have used more weight to the plot instead of a very cookie-cutter format. Still, I highly recommend this movie! Expand
  9. Jan 25, 2014
    All style, no substance. Impressive in the audio/visual department, with little going on elsewhere. When it finishes recreating scenes from the 1982 film, it's bland, predictable and boring.
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    In my opinion, this a great movie! It has a great story, and the effects and the fake lights are amazing! I saw it in 3d, and it was one of my favorite movies I have ever seen! I would definitely get this movie on dvd or blueray!
  11. Nov 20, 2013
    TRON ecstasy.
    The entire movie is dull, boring, and feels completely fake. The characters are bland and unbelievable, the effects are good, but the dialogue is terrible. The film feels like its simply riding the coat tails of its predecessor, and never grows into its shoes.
  12. Oct 26, 2013
    First time feature director Kosinski delivers thrills and a touch of heartache inside a very impressive palate of colors and noise. And I'm not afraid to admit that, as completely muddled and incomprehensible as modern action sequences have become, I enjoyed the fact that our heroes and villains were color-coded. Try to make it to an IMAX theatre for this one.
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    This movie gets a 1 for me only because of the visuals and the music. I torrented this because I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth my money and boy was I right. A ridiculous plot with plot holes you could drive a tank through, some truly terrible performances and the title character being a bad guy for most of the film (not that you would even notice unless you were really paying attention) before changing sides for no discernable reason to help the good guys win. This film is horrible and should not be watched by anyone. Expand
  14. Jul 18, 2013
    A very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and that soundtrack by Daft Punk is something everyone can enjoy! This is a great film!
  15. Jul 17, 2013
    Without comparing it to the original, Tron: Legacy is a fun movie. There is action all throughout paired with a cool soundtrack. the story is short and is done with descent acting. Not bad.
  16. May 21, 2013
    I have no idea why critics have put so low rating on this movie. Not an absolute masterpiece, but this very unique movie allows you to throw a sight on bright computer world alongside with marvellous Daft Punk music. Fights are very bright and dynamic. Olivia Wilde is very hot, and Jeff Brisged is cool also. If you are fun of cyberpunk this is your movie, even if you are not definitely worth watching. I bet half of critics who gave this movie low rating is old grannys afraid of explosions, flashes and speciall effects. Expand
  17. May 16, 2013
    it freaking awesome get it now
  18. Apr 6, 2013
    Tron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of the movie. However, I felt that the plot was somewhat confusing. I was having a bit of trouble following it. Overall, this movie is visually stunning, but the story and plot fall flat of what I had hoped for. Expand
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    Really gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I could seriously print any frame in this film and it would look amazing. Just for the music and the style id give it a 10! Expand
  20. Mar 20, 2013
    Better then the original to me. Better Effects, Better Cast/Acting, Better Story. I say this film was also one of the best in 2010. The plot is fairly decent, more interesting then the original. I say watch this if your looking for something fun, but don't look too deep into the plot.
  21. Feb 26, 2013
    TRON: Legacy is an awesome science fiction adventure and even though I am no fan of Daft Punk, I thought the musical score was very, very good. It fit the mood perfectly. The animations are brilliantly done, nearly every scene is a piece of art and the costumes looked great. My gripe with this movie is that although the acting was good, especially the fighting cheography, they could have perhaps made what was being said more meaningful at times. It felt to me that some of the things uttered by the characters were redundant and a scene would have been more majestic if they had kept quiet or were given something else to say. For example, at some point a character utters "Long live the users!" and it comes across as quite powerful, very neat quote. The very same character is then made to proclaim "death to the users" and to me it sort of felt as if though it undid some character development there. I thought that Jeff Bridges as the protagonist's father was a good match, I liked his 80's attitude but as the antagonist he simply lacked the charisma to pull off a convincing villain, especially during the speech scene near the end. I would have also liked for the movie to be a bit more technologically-savy oriented. A bit of a pet-peeve but it seemed to me like they could have gotten more out of the movie if they had somehow incorporated some of today's existing terminology into the storyline so that less things seem to happen as if by magic. The hacker angle wasn't exploited enough (for a change!). Plot was slightly on the weak side and the movie seemed to slow down near the end but that straightened itself out mostly and the film came together in the end. I never saw TRON (1982) but it's been bumped up my priority list. Expand
  22. Jan 23, 2013
    The idea is original, but the movie is painful.
  23. Jan 18, 2013
    I waited 28 years to see a sequel. The light cycle scene was better than expected, but then it is 28 years later. I've seen several complaints about "dude" and "radical" being used, truth is that if you were trapped in the system since the 1980's, your vocabulary would be the same. Visually, overall, it was spectacular. The storyline could have been better, but it's a 28 year in waiting Disney movie sequel. The performances were good. Having Daft Punk do the music score, and the timing was excellent. My only real complaint is that the movies namesake didn't have more screen time. Worth buying. My copy is going up beside the 20th anniversary edition of the first Tron. Expand
  24. Jan 3, 2013
    The visuals of the film look great (and it makes good use of 3D as well), The acting is solid, but I think the plot, which was sort of stupid, definently hurt the value of the film quite a bit. However, I enjoyed watching it so much that I can look past that. Definently underrated by critics imo.
  25. Dec 8, 2012
    I thought this was great! 2010 was a good year for Disney...Toy Story 3, Wonderland, Secretariat, Tangled, Tron Legacy. They had alot on their plate, and Tron Legacy did not disappoint!

I want to defend the film first. So what if this has a "videogame storyline," it's about a videogame, and an electronic world!! I'm really confused as to what else could been expected, the plotline was
    highly entertaining and I honestly can't ask for much more. The visual effects were STUNNING! Some of the best I have ever seen. I expected that the film would be visually astounding, but I was still blown away. I was truly fascinated by the way this film looked...so cool!! I liked the actors, Jeff Bridges is great in anything, and Garret Hedlund was even okay. Olivia Wilde was nice, too. I'm a huge House fan, so I've always liked her. Also, perfect musical score by Daft Punk...so modern, fresh, and cool!

A major flaw in the film is its writing. The screenplay was way too bare and minimal which was slightly disappointing, especially after multiple viewings. TRON Legacy does so many things right that a weak script really holds the film back. What little dialogue there was wasn't enough to support the deeper themes the film glazed over.

Overall though, I think everyone should see TRON: Legacy! I thought it was pretty awesome.
  26. Nov 29, 2012
    It's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality of the setting and concept do not do enough to compensate for the terrible acting, mediocre effects, cheesy dialogue, and prolonged plot. This movie, while not so original, compensates for that by actually having pretty decent acting, amazing effects, a plot that isn't dull and boring, and is just in general a much more entertaining movie. It's only real flaw for me was that it left behind the concept of the personalities of the computer programs and was essentially just another modern science fiction movie with cool effects. The world feels almost more alien than computer. I also thought they could've expanded on the ending quite a bit. The movie ends with them talking about "changing the world" but no method for this is explained in any way. I assume they left it open like that in order to whore out the franchise in the ensuing years with sequels but I'm a believer that movies should be able to stand alone.

On a side note, if you watch this movie on blu-ray, be sure to check out the extra called "Flynn Lives" after you watch the movie. It's one of the most interesting extra features I've ever seen in movies. Most movies just throw in useless deleted scenes, interviews, and some segments on how things were made. Most people don't really care about that stuff, however, this extra is one that they could've, and actually should've included after the credits. I think a lot of people would've been interested to watch these 5 minutes after the film since it fit so well. Also, I've gotta mention Olivia Wilde. Obviously she's absolutely beautiful. However, I thought her character completely stole the screen. Quorra might have been the only really interesting character in the movie and Olivia Wilde did a great job in portraying that. Overall, this was a really good movie that might not appeal as much to the nerd niche but one that I think more people would enjoy.
  27. Nov 28, 2012
    Visually stunning, but it's second act and climax fail to live up to the opening 25 minutes.
  28. Jul 22, 2012
    This movie lacked a lot of things. I compared this movie to some of the other scifi's and realized that it felt different, that there was something this compared to none of the others because it had a wholly different theme and focus. This movie was in every way a movie about a dystopian future, though it took place in a modern setting. What was missing was a lot of the cynicism and despair that accompanies the dark futures of the other films. Instead it ended with hope and reconciliation. It did more than forecast doom from a range of questionable trends, it examined without genuflection or apology the contrast between an attempt to achieve perfection according to what might well have represented a thousand philosophies or ideals, and the wild universe of the world we can all associate with. Here we find the same misgivings expressed with the vicissitudes of death, age and illness but counters all that bitterness with what ought to be lamented which is being lost right now--family. What this movie does further is divorce a potentially perfect society from lewdness and depravity of lifestyle, the real cause of misery in life, or at least doesn't focus on it but gives it due perspective by wrangling it in with evil in general. That is not found in most of these films because the makers themselves cannot divorce themselves from their lifestyle. This 'divorce' is that which, if missing or failed, will like divorce shred society after family is murdered. So here we see the problem and the solution in a single cinematic statement. Here we see a dividing line because this movie or this theme at least is despised by those that can't stand what preserves a family, morality, or praised for being a somewhat creative if simple champion of basic decency. Books and colleges, blogs and intellectuals aren't quoted for it, so we see what becomes the source of concern, the reason for dark tomorrows in movies and the woes forecast in literature--despair not because the future is bleak, but because no one wants to take responsibility over their own lives. Interesting that filth has become an all-too prevalent fixture in media, the self-defeating contagion that can't spare its creator any more than such a creator can spare his audience the illness of their own mind. Why should it when the mind in question cannot keep itself from lewdness? Disney needs to wear laurels for this relatively good and decent film as well as their vision, but especially for holding up the family and all the traditional and time-honored principles socketted in its crown and scepter as the guardian and steward for the future. So what's your status in that kingdom? Expand
  29. Jul 17, 2012
    As well made as this movie is, it was let down by horrid pacing and a thin plot. The action is stunning while it lasts but the second act is chock-full of exposition and the third act couldn't make up for the dull second. I'll give credit to Daft Punk's awesome score, Joseph Kosinski for his architectural experience and Jeff Bridge's performance as an old and young version of himself, but this was a disappointment. Expand
  30. Jul 10, 2012
    TRON: Legacy, a film like this, I've waited years for. The storyline was a bit rushed but the dazzling visuals and soundtrack more than made up for it. Daft Punk did a good job on the soundtrack and the special effects team did a more than amazing job. Great work.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.