7.3

1. Sep 25, 2011
    If you exaggerate the meaning, "Tropic Thunder" is a excellent movie with **** good humor. If you look at me eye to eye for my honest opinion, its just a unpredictable movie that has its laughs.
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    Hilarious! One of the funniest films ever for sure. Cool concept and with an all-star cast of Ben stiller, Jack Black, and more. Will be in my top ten and classified as a classic in my mind for a long time.
  3. Dec 7, 2012
    A 7? Am I missing something? I know the movie is good .. but it is a bit boring ..
  4. Oct 17, 2010
    I seriously thought this was going to be an incredibly dim-witted and just plain stupid movie, but I found myself laughing almost the entire time. I was seriously surprised at how well they are able to mock and satirize the movie industry in so many ways, and I think people need to realize that that was what they were doing, NOT trying to make fun of mentally disabled people.
  5. Aug 19, 2010
    Fictional actors making 'Nam film based on book, writer of book suggests going deeper into unknown territory for more authentic feel, things go wrong.
    Predictable but amusing comedy which has a very big cast, a funny script, lots of in-jokes & good cameos.
    Lots of parodies of Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, etc & nice to see the actors poking fun at themselves.
  6. May 21, 2011
    what is so special about this movie is , that the emotions displayed when the real actors are caught in a no where land which is not a film at all. the gripping scene of the movie is the landmine explosion of the director of the movie. goosebumps are sure for audiences after that scene. neatly narrated, perfectly screenplayed especially in second half. the initial 15 minutes was a bit boring and opening trailers was not a convincing way to begin, but sooner or later, movie takes a turn and enters deep in to the real jungles struggling for life. friendship , foes , obsession and all real activities are seen in the characters. tom cruise was awesome in his specific role. but always he shouts. thats what i did not like. rest all characters give life to the movie. good recommended movie. Expand
  7. Mar 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me just say that I thought the backstories for the characters were horrible. They were just typical cliched Hollywood stereotypes I couldn't even care for. But was the movie funny? Yes it was! Lol at Tom Cruise's rant to "Flaming Dragon"! Expand
  8. Nov 26, 2011
    Funny film. A lot of priceless moments in it and it showed just how well Stiller and Downey Jr can act. I didnt not like Jack Black at all though, He brought the entire film down imo. Overall it was still a good comedy.
  9. Mar 9, 2011
    Tropic Thunder is probably the funniest movie I've ever seen, whenever I still laugh till it hurts, it's just done so perfectly, I can't find a flaw with this movie, this is truly deserving of a perfect 10.
  10. May 21, 2011
    acting was superb. funny as **** this movie was so funny. it had me crying in the movie theaters. Robert downey jr and tom cruise were too funny. this movie was just funny. i love it. it was great. 9 out of 10. near perfect.
  11. Jun 12, 2011
    I absolutely loved this movie. This is how a comedy should be done. It takes a plot and lets the comedy flow from the plot, it doesn't throw random topical references out. Robert Downey Jr. is amazing, Jack Black and Ben Stiller were fantastic. However the best performance comes from Tom Cruse, thats right I said Tom Cruse. I wont say who he plays because part of the glory of his role is actually figuring out and comming to terms with the fact that it is Tom Cruse. This is one of the best comedy's in a very long time. If you get the chance watch this movie. Expand
  12. Jun 22, 2011
    Super funny awesome movie. Very original concept (making a war movie by putting the actors in a war), and professional acting. All the characters are hilarious, and there's alot of movie references. Best funny action movie, next to The Other Guys.
  13. Oct 13, 2012
    If you think statements of "its f***king hilarious" are crass then I dont recommend this f***king hilarious movie. Great stuff for those of us with a sense of humour.
  14. Aug 25, 2011
    It's comedy with real guts. It can go out, be as loud and as rude as it wants to be, and be intelligent to boot. If only it weren't trying to look like Apocalypse Now times 10 every other scene, it would be a classic.
  15. Dec 12, 2011
    It was funny at times but really stupid as others. The cast was solid but Jack Black was not fit for this film at all and was pretty terrible through out. Also it felt a little too dragged on imo. Tom Cruise was excellent in it though and made the film worth watching for his part alone.
  16. Aug 25, 2014
    Strong 3 stars. Before the movie even really began, I already knew one thing: I want to see "Satan's Alley". When is it coming out? (Yeah, I like queer movies, sue me...) Ok, back to "Tropic Thunder" itself. It was insanely funny at places. I was expecting a full-blown comedy, but apparently someone decided to put some plot into the movie too. Not a totally wasted effort, that.

The cast was brilliant. Honestly, I couldn't even tell they had Tom Cruise on board until I began to suspect it might be him half-way through. Jack Black was pretty hilarious, though not over-board with his role. Robert Downey Jr. had a lot to say, apparently - and most of it made no sense at all. It was nice to see his character find himself in the end.

Altogether, I liked this one. A wicked movie. In a way, this was the same kind of look into acting as Stiller's "Zoolander" was at male modeling - though not as bad as a movie.
  17. Jun 8, 2013
    Tropic Thunder had some pretty solid acting and enjoyable action scenes, Funny at times as well but I gotta admit it was rather stupid. I didn't mind it though but it's not the kind of comedy that I'd enjoy seeing again.
  18. Mar 31, 2012
    What a pile of crap. The movie had a bunch of stupid actors playing stupid roles. Robert Downey Jr. looked like an idiot being a black man and the comedy was dreadful. Ridilcouisly stupid.
  19. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.25 out of 10. It's really funny. Story is good, and so is the acting. Everyone did a good job, especially Robert Downey Jr. Overall, this a really, funny movie that you should watch. Highly recommended.
  20. Mar 31, 2012
    My mind can not even warp around just how stupid this Hollywood trash was. I wish I didn't have to suffer through this unfunny, horribly un-entertaining film. I maybe laughed once at this stupid sh**
  21. Jun 23, 2012
    Really great movie.:):):):):):):):):
    This completely reestablished my fragile perception of reality with its uncontainable bodacity. Crunchy babies. ARGH
  22. Jan 4, 2013
    Most unfunny slap-stick piece of junk I've EVER seen in my life. It's pretty sad that the only funny part in this movie is Ben Stiller acting as a retarded kid for mercenaries in a play. yeah.
  23. Jan 26, 2013
    Definetly the best movie of 2008. Best comedy, Best makeup. Adam Sandler is awesome in this movie and MUST get a Oscar. The average ratings and negative ratings by the users must be removed.
  24. Mar 20, 2013
    Cram Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr, Jack Black, Tom Cruise, Danny McBride and Bill Hader together.. then yes, you have a classic movie that manages to be both inteligent and hillarious. Simple Jack and The Scorcher Series are just two of the gut-busting moments you may encounter. The acting is top notch from an exceptional and experienced cast and this is a perfect blend of action and comedy. C'mon guys! You can give a saucy teenage flick a nine or ten but Tropic Thunder barely deserves a five? Some people just went full retard. Expand
  25. Apr 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Funny movie,awesome cast,great idea,This is the movie Tropic thunder in three words.This comedy movie is one of my favourite by far because of the actors(Ben Stiller,Jack Black,Robert Downey Jr,…) and because of the funny scenes if you want to watch a good action/comedy movie then pick him. Expand
  26. Sep 30, 2014
    Funny,stupid, and funny. Top of the line acting, lots of WTF moments, amazing writing, and a pretty deep story, for a cheap comedy movie at least. Go on and watch it, for the fun of it.

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Tropic Thunder is the funniest movie of the summer--so funny, in fact, that you start laughing before the film itself has begun.
  2. Stiller manages his movie nicely so that all actors get their share of the comic spotlight. Seldom does an ensemble comedy not contain a single weak character or performance as does this one.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Apart from startling, out-there comic turns by Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise, however, the antics here are pretty thin, redundant and one-note.