8.2

1. Sep 8, 2012
    True Lies is an unbelievably epic action / comedy from James Cameron. The movie has an enormous quota of truly unforgettable action scenes. The laughs are also catered for with both Tom Arnorld and Bill Paxton turning in classic comic performances. True Lies is simply one of the most impressive popcorn action flicks ever made!
  2. Apr 6, 2014
    Perhaps the most joyously violent and intensely humorous of Cameron's wide ranging filmography, "True Lies" is an uncommonly witty and brilliantly staged action-comedy with a hefty amount of enjoyable irony throughout.
  3. Mar 22, 2011
    Of all the James Cameron movies I've watched, this was the only movie that I haven't even seen until today, I've finally watched it on video and boy did I love it. Avatar, Terminators 1 and 2 and Titanic were such great hits, so this movie is my favorite Cameron movie as well.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Arnold, Jamie Lee-Curtis, Tia Carrere, and Bill Paxton were amazing, The action sequences and the comedy were the best moments, and the "You're Fired!" quote was also the best moment in this movie.

James Cameron, as a huge fan of yours, you are good at everything! True Lies deserves an entertaining 8/10 in my honest opinion for its unique things.
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    One of my personal favorite movies. I love how James Cameron made the movie into an Action/Romantic/Comedy movie that is actually good for everyone (I loved it when I was 4 in 2002 and my Grandma loves it as well). I believe the movie has a great cast and very good writing (so what if it's not a Oscar movie). There was a lot of memorable moments in this movie that I quote often and I madeOne of my personal favorite movies. I love how James Cameron made the movie into an Action/Romantic/Comedy movie that is actually good for everyone (I loved it when I was 4 in 2002 and my Grandma loves it as well). I believe the movie has a great cast and very good writing (so what if it's not a Oscar movie). There was a lot of memorable moments in this movie that I quote often and I made all my friends watch it and they love it too. Anyhow, I don't use Netflix but if it is on there go check it out. Collapse
  5. Nov 4, 2013
    None of James Cameron's films are bad, but "True Lies" might just be his weakest one yet. Nonetheless, it's funny, action-packed and pretty well-crafted. Cameron really did something unique here, you'll know what I mean if you have seen it.
  6. May 25, 2013
    One thing! Jamie Lee Curtis's body. DAMN she looked fine in black lingerie. Besides if you do not take it seriously, it is better than most action-comedies. One from Arnie's golden age. An easy and fun movie to watch, but of course no "serious" material, but it does not take itself seriously (which is good). I can recommend it for fun!
  7. Sep 2, 2012
    True Lies mixes action and violence with comedy. Arnold isn't the greatest of actors but on certain roles in his career like Terminator he did a really good job. When James Cameron is on his is on.
  8. Apr 3, 2015
    Hollywood budget to the roof - that is what this movie is about. Of course, two decades later, this might not be a big deal, talking about special effects... But this is not what makes the movie good anyway. It is situation after situation of absurdity, fun and Arnold-style over the top action scenes.
    Watching it today, I feel more and more that something went wrong with this type of film during the last 20 years. Today we have many well made action-packed block busters, but the entertainment level that True Lies manages to reach is still hard to beat.

The catch is, once you get past the stunning special effects and the mind-numbing stuntwork, there's not all that much there.
    The director, James Cameron, is a master of action (he worked with Schwarzenegger on "Terminator 2"), and when he's doing his thing, no one does it better.
    One of the best things about True Lies is that it's genuinely funny.