7.8

1. May 1, 2011
    Although there is plenty to praise about, the excess emotional involvement of the thug from the slums of JoBurg leaves a strong Hollywood aftertaste in the mouth.
  2. Mar 1, 2011
    Stretched out, nice idea but poor realisation. Main character great, book is much better. It took me 3 days to watch it properly so thats one of the reasons for only 6 points.
  3. Feb 28, 2013
    I really liked this movie, when I submit a review for a film, I think of the "bad" parts that brings the movie down from a 10, but I really can't think of any, the story was great, it had such a high level of realism, and I even began to care about some of the characters near the end.

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    Tsotsi emerges as being among the finest films ever to come out of Africa. It is a brilliant, jolting and altogether powerful blast of energy and emotion.
    Based on a play by Athol Fugard, Tsotsi is South Africa's entry in this year's Oscar race for Best Foreign-Language Film. This remarkable movie means to shake you, and boy does it ever.
  3. Brutal but believable, the film in some ways harks back to early Hollywood, when Jimmy Cagney or Richard Widmark played callow villains out of their depth in everyday life.