4.6

1. Jul 15, 2011
    This is one of the best, if not the best movie I've seen about a triangle. The movie is part of the "new wave" of critically acclaimed Romanian movies. Unlike most of the other award winning Romanian movies, in this one nobody is poor or politically persecuted. It is about people like you and me and nobody is the obvious good or bad person.
  2. May 29, 2011
    If a movie has a beginning, a middle and an end, then certainly the start of this movie is good. Well told, good character buildup. But the movie is missing a middle and end. If this was the first part of a trilogy then i would give it great marks. But its missing two thirds. I did enjoy it but the "ending" , in that , it has none, left a bitter taste and hence the score.
  3. Mar 17, 2012
    I love to watch movies. When a new film arrives and I queue it up and settle in, I get excited. I choose movies by the color code on Metacritic and then reading the description. I donâ

1. Reviewed by: Scott Tobias
    Jun 1, 2011
    The latest bloom from the flourishing garden that is Romanian cinema, Radu Muntean's Tuesday, After Christmas chronicles the emotional fallout from a classic love triangle, but it unfolds with the agonizing tension of a suspense film.
  2. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    May 30, 2011
    At first glance, Tuesday, After Christmas seems, in both form and content, only a modestly ambitious endeavor. Yet the singular attention with which it carries out its aims-and the rigorous success it ultimately attains-is nonetheless unsparing, and bracing.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    May 27, 2011
    More broadly this is a resonant, vivid and finally heartbreaking tale about the universal difficulty of marriage and the endless self-delusion of the human condition, driven by a trio of amazing dramatic performances.