6.5

1. Aug 23, 2011
    Indeed, this movie make a unique feel due to its landscape in which the film is taken(a dusty grass less prairie). The reality in this movie does not tends to mitigate at any instance. Surely everyone has in mind at last, why the movie name TULPAN? the reason is, many became unaware of the subtle romance of this movie, the feature even no other romantic genre movies did not possess. ButIndeed, this movie make a unique feel due to its landscape in which the film is taken(a dusty grass less prairie). The reality in this movie does not tends to mitigate at any instance. Surely everyone has in mind at last, why the movie name TULPAN? the reason is, many became unaware of the subtle romance of this movie, the feature even no other romantic genre movies did not possess. But there is no need for the contemplative search towards the movie name, because the theme of the movie matters more than its name. Expand
  2. Tom
    Oct 10, 2009
    Not for everyone I know but I found it interesting showing part of the world most of us will never see or even knew existed - I agree not much happened but to me anyway I found it worth while although couldnt recommend to most my movie loving friends.
  3. MilanC
    Oct 8, 2009
    Its Unique.
  4. TimF
    Apr 26, 2009
    From the endlessly windswept landscape to the amazing extended scenes, every portion of the film was fascinating.
  5. KevinV
    Oct 17, 2009
    Gorgeous in it's starkness, the cinematography was my favorite part of Tulpan. I also loved the wide range of human emotion that is expressed. The acting was tremendous and the characters are deep. What else can you ask for in a film?
  6. Aug 25, 2011
    " few films entertain us and few films engross us ,and this movie is full of life". this movie is a milestone in independent film making. the most beautiful thing in the movie is the way the director handles the actors ..

The acting and story are solid, but the real star of Tulpan is the gorgeous, never-ending landscape -- flat and arid, and home to camels, goats and lambs, and hearty people who live in tentlike yurts.
    Might be described as an epic landscape film, a sweetly comic coming-of-age story or a lyrical work of social realism. But the setting -- a windswept, sparely populated steppe in southern Kazakhstan -- gives the movie a mood that sometimes feels closer to that of science fiction.
    In every respect, this unclassifiable movie is an amazing accomplishment.