Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: July 17, 2013
6.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 125 Ratings
WATCH NOW
dpcJul 29, 2013
Saw it with my 7 year old son we both had a great time. Yes, the story is hardly innovative, but the animation is great, the humor is great, the voice acting is great and it's overall just a lot of fun. Turbo is getting a bit beat up for theSaw it with my 7 year old son we both had a great time. Yes, the story is hardly innovative, but the animation is great, the humor is great, the voice acting is great and it's overall just a lot of fun. Turbo is getting a bit beat up for the wrong reasons. Critics should take in account the target audience, like my son, who loved it. And as an adult, believe me, you could do far worse. So, if you are 2 dudes in your 20s, you probably won't be blown away (as you might with Pixar) but for families with easy-going kids, you won't be sorry you dropped some cash on a Saturday afternoon. Collapse
TheQuietGamerDec 26, 2013
DreamWorks once again delivers another fantastic, family friendly animated movie. It takes the usual underdog story about a main character who no one believes in, yet he manages to prove them wrong, and makes it worth revisiting this overusedDreamWorks once again delivers another fantastic, family friendly animated movie. It takes the usual underdog story about a main character who no one believes in, yet he manages to prove them wrong, and makes it worth revisiting this overused plot theme by introducing the studio's expected sense of humor and excellent animation. As always with DreamWorks movies the voice cast is an excellent selection of big name actors. This is an absolutely charming animated movie that will enchant it's younger viewers and maybe even bring a smile to the faces of their parents. All I know is that I loved every second of this animated delight. Expand
Rox22Mar 10, 2014
I can't really fault this movie too much as I really didn't expect anything from it going in. Surprisingly I thought it was allot of fun and the premise work allot better than I thought it would. Animation is what you can expect fromI can't really fault this movie too much as I really didn't expect anything from it going in. Surprisingly I thought it was allot of fun and the premise work allot better than I thought it would. Animation is what you can expect from Dreamworks, the voice acting is generally good all round (Paul Giamatti in particular giving a strong performance.)

Overall:
While this movie is no where near animation history and is likely to be forgotten over time, it's still allot of fun and enjoyable to watch.
SEROJNov 1, 2013
Great animation! Very enjoyable to watch! It was unpredictable and exciting! A little bit more would be great, but it's still awesome. Looking forward for Turbo 2! My score is 8/10
Movie1997Aug 10, 2013
It may lean towards kids, but honestly I really liked this movie a lot. Yet predictable, but absolutely interesting to watch. Overall, one of the best animated movies of the year so far. Be sure to check out my YouTube channelIt may lean towards kids, but honestly I really liked this movie a lot. Yet predictable, but absolutely interesting to watch. Overall, one of the best animated movies of the year so far. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies. Expand
MovieGoer14Nov 20, 2013
Turbo is despite having a predictable and all-seen-before plot, it is terrifically enjoyable for adults and kids. The animation looks beautiful, the 3D is insightful, the characters are lovable although flat with no depth just to carry on theTurbo is despite having a predictable and all-seen-before plot, it is terrifically enjoyable for adults and kids. The animation looks beautiful, the 3D is insightful, the characters are lovable although flat with no depth just to carry on the movie, it is enjoyable, funny and entertaining throughout. Intense at times. Expand
ErikitoNov 6, 2013
The story of the movie is very similar to Ratatouille and Cars, nothing original. But you can pass a good time watching this movie with your friends or family.
RevRonNov 7, 2013
While I enjoy Dreamworks films, I never thought they were anywhere near what Pixar puts out in the department of story and humor. "Turbo" isn't going to win any awards for dynamic characters or any for having a rich deep story but I foundWhile I enjoy Dreamworks films, I never thought they were anywhere near what Pixar puts out in the department of story and humor. "Turbo" isn't going to win any awards for dynamic characters or any for having a rich deep story but I found myself having a lot of fun with the film. While it was clearly geared more towards kids rather than being a family film that both young and old can enjoy (the sheer logistics of a world where a snail can go fast and the human race kinda accepts it a little too easily will, no doubt, rub some older viewers the wrong way), I still thought the movie had some great animation, a fantastic cast doing an astonishing job and it was really funny--especially the snail character White Shadow (man, he was funny). Expand
chaostheoremJul 28, 2013
A movie about a racing snail? Yes it can be done (and it has)! Although you may have felt like you've seen something like this story before *cough*Herbie*cough*, there is a certain level of charm in watching an underdog trying to follow theirA movie about a racing snail? Yes it can be done (and it has)! Although you may have felt like you've seen something like this story before *cough*Herbie*cough*, there is a certain level of charm in watching an underdog trying to follow their dreams. Not just talking about the snail either. Some parts of the movie are a bit slow, and it takes awhile before things really pick up. Overall though, there are enough moments, character-building, and comedy to keep interest up. Expand
AnnthiswaySep 12, 2013
Very cute, nice animation. Very underrated. It's really worth watching, MUST SEE. Kids will be happy. Go and see, especially if you have children or you're child.
SJ-ULTI-ReiewsNov 12, 2013
This was an all around fun movie to watch, its a good underdog story with good animations and anyone can enjoy it. Although the ending is quite silly in a bad way. Overall Score= 75/100
CriticalThinkNov 12, 2013
A hilarious family friendly movie! Funny characters, hilarious jokes, and so much more! If your just wanting a casual movie to see during the week, then this movie is the one for you!
LexitaylorNov 24, 2013
I liked it because turbo s brother had faith in turbo. I also like it because the man was kind to turbo. I liked the way turbo won the race and good triumphed in the end
eagleeyevikingNov 28, 2013
Turbo is far from original and climaxes way too soon. However, its vibrant visuals and enjoyable characters will keep most younger viewers enthralled.
Jrc126Feb 28, 2014
I had a great time with the movies. movie about a speed-obsessed snail who just go with it enters the Indy 500 dose make thing lot groundbreaking.But, for those dragged to see it by children, it won't make you want to rub salt in your eyes itI had a great time with the movies. movie about a speed-obsessed snail who just go with it enters the Indy 500 dose make thing lot groundbreaking.But, for those dragged to see it by children, it won't make you want to rub salt in your eyes it just make you run from the salt to ensure your safe. its an great pick. i give 8 out of 10. Expand
vikesh2206Nov 9, 2014
Derivative and brief, but colourful and enjoyable, Turbo sets aim at a very specific target audience and seamlessly hits it's mark in mildly enjoyable fashion.
Tbone413Dec 5, 2014
Amazing film. Love the animation, love the twists and turns, love everything about the movie. Also love how a snail enters a race! Turbo is a fun family film that can be enjoyed by everyone. A master film.
thifer20Mar 15, 2015
If I may break down my experience, this movie has a crazy premise; crazy characters; crazy setup; and a crazy villain. And yet somehow, Dream Works created an experience that I'll never get back. The movie is just that good. If I had anyIf I may break down my experience, this movie has a crazy premise; crazy characters; crazy setup; and a crazy villain. And yet somehow, Dream Works created an experience that I'll never get back. The movie is just that good. If I had any nitpicks, the character of Turbo isn't anything original, but it's not a bad thing either. Keeping the character simple was a great decision from the writing staff.

Solid movie. 9/10
MadMaxFuryRoadSep 5, 2015
I love this freakin movie! Odd movie about extremely fast snails, but entertaining as heck. It was certainly one unique movie, and it have no idea why everyone hates this movie.
Jollyjoe1000Nov 3, 2015
Funny ironic and very encouraging are all the great things about this movie, all the snails play a great and sometimes hilarious purpose( Like White Shadow)
EpicLadySpongeJan 25, 2016
There's hardly anything wrong with this movie. One snail wants to dream of being the fastest snail in the entire planet. Well, here it goes. Another decent work to make up 2013 in one way or the other.