6.2

1. Jul 22, 2013
    The animation is probably weaker than most animations films today but Turbo is more human, more interesting and better made overall than Monster University and Despicable Me 2.
  2. dpc
    Jul 29, 2013
    Saw it with my 7 year old son we both had a great time. Yes, the story is hardly innovative, but the animation is great, the humor is great, the voice acting is great and it's overall just a lot of fun. Turbo is getting a bit beat up for the wrong reasons. Critics should take in account the target audience, like my son, who loved it. And as an adult, believe me, you could do far worse.Saw it with my 7 year old son we both had a great time. Yes, the story is hardly innovative, but the animation is great, the humor is great, the voice acting is great and it's overall just a lot of fun. Turbo is getting a bit beat up for the wrong reasons. Critics should take in account the target audience, like my son, who loved it. And as an adult, believe me, you could do far worse. So, if you are 2 dudes in your 20s, you probably won't be blown away (as you might with Pixar) but for families with easy-going kids, you won't be sorry you dropped some cash on a Saturday afternoon. Expand
  3. Dec 26, 2013
    DreamWorks once again delivers another fantastic, family friendly animated movie. It takes the usual underdog story about a main character who no one believes in, yet he manages to prove them wrong, and makes it worth revisiting this overused plot theme by introducing the studio's expected sense of humor and excellent animation. As always with DreamWorks movies the voice cast is anDreamWorks once again delivers another fantastic, family friendly animated movie. It takes the usual underdog story about a main character who no one believes in, yet he manages to prove them wrong, and makes it worth revisiting this overused plot theme by introducing the studio's expected sense of humor and excellent animation. As always with DreamWorks movies the voice cast is an excellent selection of big name actors. This is an absolutely charming animated movie that will enchant it's younger viewers and maybe even bring a smile to the faces of their parents. All I know is that I loved every second of this animated delight. Expand
  4. Mar 10, 2014
    I can't really fault this movie too much as I really didn't expect anything from it going in. Surprisingly I thought it was allot of fun and the premise work allot better than I thought it would. Animation is what you can expect from Dreamworks, the voice acting is generally good all round (Paul Giamatti in particular giving a strong performance.)

Overall: While this movie is no where

Overall:
    While this movie is no where near animation history and is likely to be forgotten over time, it's still allot of fun and enjoyable to watch.
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    Great animation! Very enjoyable to watch! It was unpredictable and exciting! A little bit more would be great, but it's still awesome. Looking forward for Turbo 2! My score is 8/10
  6. Aug 10, 2013
    It may lean towards kids, but honestly I really liked this movie a lot. Yet predictable, but absolutely interesting to watch. Overall, one of the best animated movies of the year so far. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies.
  7. Nov 20, 2013
    Turbo is despite having a predictable and all-seen-before plot, it is terrifically enjoyable for adults and kids. The animation looks beautiful, the 3D is insightful, the characters are lovable although flat with no depth just to carry on the movie, it is enjoyable, funny and entertaining throughout. Intense at times.
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    The story of the movie is very similar to Ratatouille and Cars, nothing original. But you can pass a good time watching this movie with your friends or family.
  9. Nov 7, 2013
    While I enjoy Dreamworks films, I never thought they were anywhere near what Pixar puts out in the department of story and humor. "Turbo" isn't going to win any awards for dynamic characters or any for having a rich deep story but I found myself having a lot of fun with the film. While it was clearly geared more towards kids rather than being a family film that both young and old canWhile I enjoy Dreamworks films, I never thought they were anywhere near what Pixar puts out in the department of story and humor. "Turbo" isn't going to win any awards for dynamic characters or any for having a rich deep story but I found myself having a lot of fun with the film. While it was clearly geared more towards kids rather than being a family film that both young and old can enjoy (the sheer logistics of a world where a snail can go fast and the human race kinda accepts it a little too easily will, no doubt, rub some older viewers the wrong way), I still thought the movie had some great animation, a fantastic cast doing an astonishing job and it was really funny--especially the snail character White Shadow (man, he was funny). Expand
  10. Jul 28, 2013
    A movie about a racing snail? Yes it can be done (and it has)! Although you may have felt like you've seen something like this story before *cough*Herbie*cough*, there is a certain level of charm in watching an underdog trying to follow their dreams. Not just talking about the snail either. Some parts of the movie are a bit slow, and it takes awhile before things really pick up. OverallA movie about a racing snail? Yes it can be done (and it has)! Although you may have felt like you've seen something like this story before *cough*Herbie*cough*, there is a certain level of charm in watching an underdog trying to follow their dreams. Not just talking about the snail either. Some parts of the movie are a bit slow, and it takes awhile before things really pick up. Overall though, there are enough moments, character-building, and comedy to keep interest up. Expand
  11. Sep 12, 2013
    Very cute, nice animation. Very underrated. It's really worth watching, MUST SEE. Kids will be happy. Go and see, especially if you have children or you're child.
  12. Nov 12, 2013
    This was an all around fun movie to watch, its a good underdog story with good animations and anyone can enjoy it. Although the ending is quite silly in a bad way. Overall Score= 75/100
  13. Nov 12, 2013
    A hilarious family friendly movie! Funny characters, hilarious jokes, and so much more! If your just wanting a casual movie to see during the week, then this movie is the one for you!
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    I liked it because turbo s brother had faith in turbo. I also like it because the man was kind to turbo. I liked the way turbo won the race and good triumphed in the end
  15. Nov 28, 2013
    Turbo is far from original and climaxes way too soon. However, its vibrant visuals and enjoyable characters will keep most younger viewers enthralled.
  16. Feb 28, 2014
    I had a great time with the movies. movie about a speed-obsessed snail who just go with it enters the Indy 500 dose make thing lot groundbreaking.But, for those dragged to see it by children, it won't make you want to rub salt in your eyes it just make you run from the salt to ensure your safe. its an great pick. i give 8 out of 10.
  17. Nov 9, 2014
    Derivative and brief, but colourful and enjoyable, Turbo sets aim at a very specific target audience and seamlessly hits it's mark in mildly enjoyable fashion.
  18. Dec 5, 2014
    Amazing film. Love the animation, love the twists and turns, love everything about the movie. Also love how a snail enters a race! Turbo is a fun family film that can be enjoyed by everyone. A master film.
  19. Mar 15, 2015
    If I may break down my experience, this movie has a crazy premise; crazy characters; crazy setup; and a crazy villain. And yet somehow, Dream Works created an experience that I'll never get back. The movie is just that good. If I had any nitpicks, the character of Turbo isn't anything original, but it's not a bad thing either. Keeping the character simple was a great decision from theIf I may break down my experience, this movie has a crazy premise; crazy characters; crazy setup; and a crazy villain. And yet somehow, Dream Works created an experience that I'll never get back. The movie is just that good. If I had any nitpicks, the character of Turbo isn't anything original, but it's not a bad thing either. Keeping the character simple was a great decision from the writing staff.

Solid movie. 9/10

1. Reviewed by: Tim Robey
    Oct 24, 2013
    Rather than bionically enhancing all its characters, a better movie might have found ways to celebrate their sloth and slime.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Oct 21, 2013
    Paul Giamatti shines as Theo’s pessimistic brother Chet, and the uplifting message never smashes you over the head.
  3. Reviewed by: Anna Smith
    Oct 15, 2013
    Kids should be game for the ride, and the colourful characters offer humour and poignancy: Paul Giamatti’s cautious snail Chet shares a sweet friendship with reckless Turbo. Comparisons with Pixar’s ‘Cars’ are easy to make, but that’s no bad thing.