8.2

1. Aug 25, 2010
    Since I see most reviews are spot on here, I will simply say "ditto".

ALSO, another in a long line of my favorite movies that require you to THINK! (A lost concept in movie making). IT IS BRILLIANT!!!
  2. Apr 23, 2014
    Ah, I just love a good non-linear film, and 12 Monkeys satisfies that craving to the fullest. Bruce Willis is unsettling and crazy in all the right ways, and Brad Pitt is neurotic in all the best ways. There's no fairytale world in this movie; just a great big messed up fantasy. To decipher what's real, what's fake, what's in the past, what's in the future could take forever, in fact, itAh, I just love a good non-linear film, and 12 Monkeys satisfies that craving to the fullest. Bruce Willis is unsettling and crazy in all the right ways, and Brad Pitt is neurotic in all the best ways. There's no fairytale world in this movie; just a great big messed up fantasy. To decipher what's real, what's fake, what's in the past, what's in the future could take forever, in fact, it might even be impossible. This is the great mystery of this film. Expand
  3. Jan 14, 2011
    This movie is amazing. It leaves your mind in a twist wondering what happened. Great acting by Bruce Willis. Great directing. But the best part is the story line! Truly original. It shows the flaws in time travel very very well!
  4. Oct 27, 2012
    A very touching and thought-provoking film surprisingly made by Terry Gilliam, one of the people behind Monty Python. The insight and themes surrounding this brilliant science-fiction film have depicted that somehow we ourselves are unsure of what is real and what is not. Each actor has their own creative part to play, and despite what you may think, with all the life-threatening andA very touching and thought-provoking film surprisingly made by Terry Gilliam, one of the people behind Monty Python. The insight and themes surrounding this brilliant science-fiction film have depicted that somehow we ourselves are unsure of what is real and what is not. Each actor has their own creative part to play, and despite what you may think, with all the life-threatening and time-travel twists to get your head around, it will end up having a real impact on you, thinking about the real issues that are actually quite close to home. Expand
  5. Aug 1, 2012
    12 Monkeys is the 2nd best science fiction; #1 being Bladerunner. A highly imaginative movie with a heart crushing ending. This will be around my 6th watching through and you notice something new every time. For example, this time I noticed that each inmate in the future had plastic pouch stapled to their prisoner uniform shirt, for identification.
  6. Apr 7, 2014
    Gilliams best work. Stow and Willis are awesome as well. Love the cinematography. Might take a few viewings to really fully grasp and appreciate it. One of my favorite movies.
  7. Aug 13, 2014
    This movie is one of Gilliam's best, and it won't leave your brain bored. Brilliant performances by Bruce Willis and one of the best performances of Brad Pitt in his acting career. Great movie.
  8. Mar 20, 2012
    I love this film, its artistic enough to be slightly confusing and has fantastic visuals and eerie music. A note to Max P...if its too confusing then, you just aren't bright enough to understand it. And really, its not hard to understand at all. Not if you watch it all the way through.
  9. Aug 5, 2013
    Magnificent work, who initially argued that we can not change the future. Frightening ...
    Magnífica obra, que desde un principio nos plantea que no es posible cambiar el futuro. Atemorizante...
  10. Mar 23, 2011
    As a 56 yr old I really enjoyed this movie when it came out and now. Clever people making clever movies is a joy to see. In this day of coming climate change and the very real chance our grandchildren will see a much different world than the sanctuary we presently enjoy this 1996 movie raises interesting dramatic points for the 2011 audiences.
  11. Jul 2, 2011
    One of my favourite time-travelling based sci-fi movies (Together with "Back to the future" being the funny approach); with a very catching end (a "real" end, considering many actual movie endings which are more like "stop filming, because time is up")
  12. Apr 27, 2013
    An endlessly entertaining, head-twisting sci-fi time travel tale directed by the great Terry Gilliam so everything is off-kilter. Bruce Willis' and Brad Pitt's best career performances. Truly amazing ending. One of my favorite movies ever.
  13. Oct 22, 2013
    This is one thought provoking, disturbing, and ingeniously constructed film. It may have even inspired Looper, but I found this film both superior in style and plot. Terry Gilliam always creates strange, disorienting worlds. When I first saw Brazil I really didn't like it at all, but I might have to watch it again after viewing 12 Monkeys. The performances are all incredibly convincingThis is one thought provoking, disturbing, and ingeniously constructed film. It may have even inspired Looper, but I found this film both superior in style and plot. Terry Gilliam always creates strange, disorienting worlds. When I first saw Brazil I really didn't like it at all, but I might have to watch it again after viewing 12 Monkeys. The performances are all incredibly convincing and strange. Willis gives perhaps his most mortal and desperate performance, and Pitt goes full retard as a crazy animal rights activist, showing that he possesses an acting range which I thought he lacked. I don't want to spoil things, so I'll just say that the plot needs to be paid close attention to at all times and it will definitely keep you on your toes. If you're a fan of sci-fi or mindbender films at all then you need to see this creepy and unique vision. Expand
  14. Nov 22, 2014
    Twelve Monkeys was a great movie. Brad Pitt was so great as a psycho, you'd think that's what he is in real life. The movie seemed pretty realistic too. The whole disease scenario spreading worldwide.

Gilliam keeps the audience guessing, and in doing so creates a startlingly effective rumination on the nature of sanity and madness cloaked in the shroud of a sci-fi thriller.
  2. Brad Pitt has fun with his secondary part as a pontificating lunatic, but I wish I'd enjoyed the rest of the cast more.
    Any laughs that it inspires will be very hollow. It's more of a celebration of madness and doom, with a hero who tries to prevail against the chaos of his condition, and is inadequate.