Twilight

4.9

1. Aug 16, 2012
    The story is interesting, the script is good, but Kristen's performance is very poor and weak. The scenery is beautiful and use of colors is very well done.
  2. WinstonL
    Apr 7, 2009
    Wow, I am impressed. Not only are the characters SUPER HOT, but there were some very suspenseful moments. This is a good transition for the book to the screen.
  3. Mar 2, 2012
    A really good movie, I read some of the twilight books, but this adaptation is great, the cast is very regular, but the most sorpresive for me is the love of Edward, I love Twilight.
  4. LeahR
    Jan 10, 2010
    The funniest vampire movie you will ever see.
  5. kkwood
    Jan 7, 2009
    Pattison and Stewart were the best actors they could've gotton for the movie. Both gorgeous and perfect onscreen (with a few exceptions). For people like me who have read the books, stick to the books. the movie isnt nearly as amazing as stephanie meyers interpretation of it.
  6. JenS.
    Feb 6, 2009
    love the books and the movie, even though it was changed so much. a true twilight fan will of course love it.
  7. SierraA
    Oct 9, 2009
    There is only one way to watch this movie: as a comedy. It's hilariously bad. Trying to watch it as anything but will give you headaches.
  8. MaxG
    Mar 10, 2009
    Most of you people rating this movie haven't even watched it.It was a good movie but I have to admit that the speacial effects were wack!It has a good and unique plot so for that its a perfect ten.
  9. BriannaK.
    Mar 25, 2009
    I read the book many times, and I was the first person in my area to arive at the movies to see Twilight. It was an amazing movie. Although some information was left out, It was still great.
  10. KathyL.
    Jan 1, 2009
    Stop calling this a TEEN MOVIE It has been a long while since I was a teen and I enjoyed the movie and books. More tickets will be sold if you drop the TEEN title.
  11. AlyssaB
    Nov 14, 2009
    I love twilight you guys are awesome when the movie comes it is like it is real that it really happen. i think you guys are the best out of all the movies but ever one think it is dumb but it is not it feels real to me. i guess people don't get the movie.your friend Alyssa Bye!!
  12. DylanD.
    Jan 28, 2009
    Went into this movie with extremely low expectations, and came out quite surprised. An excellent movie that is getting unfairly bashed. Book was better by miles (but the book is always better, so no one can use that excuse). Acting was good, excellent visual effects, and great camera shots and angles. This would have gotten a 7 out of 10, but due to the undeserved bashing this film has Went into this movie with extremely low expectations, and came out quite surprised. An excellent movie that is getting unfairly bashed. Book was better by miles (but the book is always better, so no one can use that excuse). Acting was good, excellent visual effects, and great camera shots and angles. This would have gotten a 7 out of 10, but due to the undeserved bashing this film has received, I bumped it to ten. Yeah, I'm a guy, sue me, this was a good movie. Expand
  13. Hannah
    Oct 30, 2009
    I love this film but i don't think it does the book justice. I don't think anyone else could play the parts of Bella and Edward any better than Kristen and Rob and the soundtrack is amazing!
  14. LaurenS
    Mar 28, 2009
    I'm a teenager, so don't think i'm 23 or something. I read all four books, and though i'm not interested in vampires, i've grown really found of Bella and Edward. Kristen stewart was incredible, and so was harry potter's cedric diggory, rob pattison. I think the movie could've been better, but i deeply enjoyed it. I bought it a couple of days ago, and if I'm a teenager, so don't think i'm 23 or something. I read all four books, and though i'm not interested in vampires, i've grown really found of Bella and Edward. Kristen stewart was incredible, and so was harry potter's cedric diggory, rob pattison. I think the movie could've been better, but i deeply enjoyed it. I bought it a couple of days ago, and if you're like me... its hard to take your eyes off. Expand
  15. AlexandraT.
    Mar 9, 2009
    Great.
  16. JoeG
    Apr 13, 2009
    Love, love, love the movie and the book!!! The critics are out of their mind!!!
  17. LalaD
    Apr 4, 2009
    Awesome!!! I have read all 4 books and can't wait for the next movies. All the cast was adorable and lovable. Please don't change anyone. I live in Hawaii on the island of maui and all have lot's of fans here just waiting to see the next movies. Everyone has read the books and seen the first movie that i know which is alot of people. Hat's off to all of you and Awesome!!! I have read all 4 books and can't wait for the next movies. All the cast was adorable and lovable. Please don't change anyone. I live in Hawaii on the island of maui and all have lot's of fans here just waiting to see the next movies. Everyone has read the books and seen the first movie that i know which is alot of people. Hat's off to all of you and Stehanie Meyers. Awesome job!! The best novel i had ever read in my years. Expand
  18. ginn
    Dec 12, 2009
    Brilliant film, the romance is so intense. Excellent.
  19. LuLuW.
    Dec 4, 2009
    Twilight rocks!!!!!!! I love Twilight!!! I have read the series 6 times in a row!!!! I adore Rob!!! I am soooooo Team Edward!!!! Who's with me? Reader, YOU SHOULD READ IT!!! The intensity of love between Edward and Bella.....I can't even put it into words!!!
  20. JasperC
    Mar 25, 2009
    For all of you that gave 1's and 2's i have to say one thing you guys are totally dumb. This is one of the best romantic movies since Romeo and Juliet. I loved Twilight , cant wait til New Moon hits the big screen.
  21. annj
    Apr 23, 2009
    The best movie I've ever seen and the most romantic book I've read!!! Who ever gives it a 1 out of 10 is an idiot!
  22. lu
    May 31, 2009
    The film is immense, the books are even better - dont listen to the critics decide for yourself, it is a must see. don't listen to anyone who gives it less than a 7 out of 10 cause they couldn't have been paying attention to the film at all and definetly haven't read the inticing books. watch it and decide for yourself. a straight 10 out of 10! read the books aswell.
  23. scottl
    Jun 14, 2009
    i think this is one of the best movies i have ever seen,it was a remarkable film and if it has a rating lower than 5 the person who put that score obviously wasn't watching carefully to get into the story line because it is an excellent film and i cannot wait for the next one.
  24. HumnaA
    Nov 29, 2009
    It is the most amazing movie i have ever seen in my life.I watched the movie thinking it would have been one of those movie where vamopires just suck people blood and then they die,but i was really wrong it was AMAZING.Once i had watched it i was on my mum's case to buy me the books,but before that my mum watched it and then she loved it to death,and then she really wanted to get the It is the most amazing movie i have ever seen in my life.I watched the movie thinking it would have been one of those movie where vamopires just suck people blood and then they die,but i was really wrong it was AMAZING.Once i had watched it i was on my mum's case to buy me the books,but before that my mum watched it and then she loved it to death,and then she really wanted to get the books aswell and told me to get our seperate books,but instead she got new moon and eclipse. i told her to get twilght but she didn't listen. I LOVE TWLIGHT!!! Expand
  25. JulieM
    Mar 27, 2009
    Twilight rocked. The obsessiion and intensity between Bella and Edward was palpable. Give me more...i'm an addict! the music in the film was so perfect.
  26. JuanPabloGonzalez
    Nov 22, 2008
    If you like romantic vampire stories such as classic Coppola's 1992 Bram Stoker Dracula masterpiece movie then you are going to love this contemporary vampire film by all means, every minute of this 120min film will keep you glued to the big screen.
    To put it simple since Coppola's Bram Stoker Dracula film I have never seen any vampire movie as good as Twilight.
  27. Mar 6, 2011
    I have to admit I hate Twilight and what it did to vampires, but the movie was pretty good, if really flawed, I was shocked with how well it turned out, it actually had be looking forward to the next one.
  28. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, vampires aren't real. So everyone who is saying "they're not real vampires", well, obviously. It's just a different take on vampires, which again, I should highlight as some people may be confused, are fictional. Anyway, I think this movie is good for teenage girls. It's focusing on the romance involving a girl who is shy and feels nobody really 'gets her'. As for the action, what more could you want? They smash them to pieces and set them on fire! I think each of these movies are getting better and better and I can't wait to see what Breaking Dawn is going to be like. Expand
  29. Sep 4, 2012
    I enjoyed it, maybe because I didn't read the book before I watched it. But overall, I can't wait what the sequel will bring... but until then, I enjoy watching "TWILIGHT" and listening to the score which CARTER BURWELL did amazing!!!!
  30. ColinC
    Apr 5, 2009
    After watching this movie, I had to sheepishly recommend it to my male forty-plus year old friends. My man points probably took a few hits, but I trust after they see it, they'll give them back. Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. My favorite scene in the whole movie was the baseball scene. It's something I'd never seen on the big screen, or even knew I wanted to After watching this movie, I had to sheepishly recommend it to my male forty-plus year old friends. My man points probably took a few hits, but I trust after they see it, they'll give them back. Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. My favorite scene in the whole movie was the baseball scene. It's something I'd never seen on the big screen, or even knew I wanted to see until it was right in front of me. For today teenager's, this is definitely their The Lost Boys. While different in tone and story, it's still cool vampire flick that approaches the whole fang suckers thing from a fresh angle. Expand
  31. JordanF.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Unexpectedly good.I think the caasting could've been a little better but overall a solid flick for just about anyone.
  32. M
    Nov 22, 2008
    Probably just for 15 y.o. girls. Very TV movie-esque with the acting, filming, long thoughtful stares, even the special effects. Hopefully will improve as the movies progress.
  33. IsabellaS
    Dec 2, 2008
    I almost cried watching this movie because i loved seeing the characters come to life. after reading all the books, watching the movie was the next best thing. I loved it. they didn't add all the scenes they shouldv have but it was good anyway. The movie is great.
  34. JosieR.
    Dec 28, 2008
    ok so this would be a perfect ten but what annoyed me was that the blood typing scene was not in the movie and that i think foreshadows so much that will happen later. The overall movie was well put together and kept me on the edge of my seat. What suprised me the most was the comedy in it. The first time i saw it the audience was laughing in almost every scene. For the actors in this i ok so this would be a perfect ten but what annoyed me was that the blood typing scene was not in the movie and that i think foreshadows so much that will happen later. The overall movie was well put together and kept me on the edge of my seat. What suprised me the most was the comedy in it. The first time i saw it the audience was laughing in almost every scene. For the actors in this i think that they found the best cast humanly possible. Im sick of people complaining about how thats not the right person playing so-and-so, im meen really, how do you expect to find someone pale, beautiful, scary, but alluring, with a voice like in angel, and glides fluently as they walk? Its not possible! so to sum it all up -2 for keeping a great scene out bringing it to an 8. Expand
  35. JadeE
    Jan 9, 2009
    Definitely no longer a teen, but I absolutely loved this movie. One of the only ones I'd consider watching at the movies again, just because I enjoyed it so much! Giving a 9 because I'm completely biased, being a vampire-enamored female :) Also, leave the boyfriend at home... he's not going to enjoy it as much >.>
  36. MichaelaD
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have fallen in love with Stephenie Meyer and all she stands for, i love the whole twilight saga... i have repeated the books over and over again... and love them still. The Twilight movie was a let down, compared to what it could of been, but in my opinion that had nothing to do with the actors at all i thought they were all perfect, especially the leads. I cant wait for the sequel!! Im I have fallen in love with Stephenie Meyer and all she stands for, i love the whole twilight saga... i have repeated the books over and over again... and love them still. The Twilight movie was a let down, compared to what it could of been, but in my opinion that had nothing to do with the actors at all i thought they were all perfect, especially the leads. I cant wait for the sequel!! Im just glad they have a different director this time and considering the views it got in 2009, i cant imagine how good it will be!! Expand
  37. nikkid
    Jun 17, 2009
    Twilight did pretty good for what they had to work with. Filming started during the writing strike so it was rushed and stuff was added. It's not a scary movie/book. Meyer personified the vampires. I think it was pretty neat how she didn't cliche the vampires. Twilight is a love story. Point blank. I think Bella's personality should've shined more. But overall it was Twilight did pretty good for what they had to work with. Filming started during the writing strike so it was rushed and stuff was added. It's not a scary movie/book. Meyer personified the vampires. I think it was pretty neat how she didn't cliche the vampires. Twilight is a love story. Point blank. I think Bella's personality should've shined more. But overall it was enjoyable. Expand
  38. ArmanB
    Jun 20, 2009
    This was one of the best films i had ever seen . because of good story, great sound track , adequate players and .. and i think it's a pretty good movie.
  39. HannahL.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Robert pattinson is the perfect edward cullen. I couldn't have asked for a better interpretation of the movie.
  40. AngelinaM.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Like most movies made from books it dint follow the whole story line wich was dissapointing- they also really needed a bigger budget to bring the special effects more into play- otherwise I loved it simply because its "Twilight" the book moved me emotionally so the movie helped me see more visually- I have great hopes for the next movie to blow our socks off!
  41. BrazR.
    Nov 22, 2008
    This movie surpassed Stephanie Meyer's vision of the intensive Love and devotion of the two main characters. I was enthralled by directors results in bringing this to life. I LOVED IT, LOVED IT AND LOVED IT AGAIN. From an 63 year old lady who enjoys romance in her life still!!!
  42. LindseyH
    Nov 22, 2008
    I did love this movie. At the very beginning I was positive I was going to hate it because it was so different from the book, but once we meet Edward almost everything is great. Edward kind of acted like a creeper in the beginning, the way he scolded Bella for tripping and the way he just walked away after blaming his eye color change on the "flourescents". And the girl who plays Alice isI did love this movie. At the very beginning I was positive I was going to hate it because it was so different from the book, but once we meet Edward almost everything is great. Edward kind of acted like a creeper in the beginning, the way he scolded Bella for tripping and the way he just walked away after blaming his eye color change on the "flourescents". And the girl who plays Alice is perfect for Alice. Like seriously.
    You may want to read the book first, because parts were a little confusing to my friend who didn't read the books, but this was a great movie.
  43. NelleneR.
    Nov 22, 2008
    Twilight is spectacular .. although it has its downs, and i know every movie adaptation is not hat same as the book .. twilight goes for high!! sure thing, it's in the box office although there are negative reviews .. We love it!!
  44. Megam
    Dec 2, 2008
    Twilight was amazing!! I saw it six times so far from its first showing. It went along great with the book. Even though there was some add ins that were not in the book but i still loved it!!!
  45. DorothyK.
    Dec 27, 2008
    Enjoyed this movie. Story-line was true to the book and edited out the teenage angst, The fight scenes could have been better.
  46. MarisaP
    Dec 30, 2008
    It's not a perfect movie. But it shows a great love that goes beyond the body. It's a deep and truly feeling of love. And we need that ilusion.We need love letters. The eyes show more than a kiss.
  47. JosephJ.
    Dec 7, 2008
    I saw this movie because why not? I generally like things vampire, so I went to see it. I thought it was pretty good. An interesting spin on the vampire theme. I particularly enjoyed how they spent so much time on the developing relationship; you always want more of that in a movie - but instead they focus too much on the action parts. They did it right with this movie. You must remember I saw this movie because why not? I generally like things vampire, so I went to see it. I thought it was pretty good. An interesting spin on the vampire theme. I particularly enjoyed how they spent so much time on the developing relationship; you always want more of that in a movie - but instead they focus too much on the action parts. They did it right with this movie. You must remember that the book is told from the viewpoint of Bella, and a lot of the book is her thoughts. How do you get that on screen? It's difficult, and I believe they made a very decent attempt at it. They couldn't capture everything from the book so they captured the characters "journey" fairly accurately. I have since read the book as well as the second book, and I will be reading the third over the next day or so. It's not the most amazing litterature ever but it's fun to read and it's an interesting story. The story isn't only enjoyable to teenagers. I just turned 30 on the 20th and I thought it was good. Expand
  48. CaitlinK
    Jan 10, 2009
    The book was better (isn't it always), but the movie was sooooooo good!
  49. TitusC.
    Jan 5, 2009
    First off, who do they have rating these movies; for these magazines and newspapers? "Burn after reading" got a score of 63, and "Twilight" got a score of 56. I watched Burn after reading in the theater, and I put it in my top 10 worst movies I've ever seen in the theater. Conversely, I very much enjoyed Twilight. I liked the music, camera angles, scenery, and the actors/supporting First off, who do they have rating these movies; for these magazines and newspapers? "Burn after reading" got a score of 63, and "Twilight" got a score of 56. I watched Burn after reading in the theater, and I put it in my top 10 worst movies I've ever seen in the theater. Conversely, I very much enjoyed Twilight. I liked the music, camera angles, scenery, and the actors/supporting actors performed very well. All in all, I was entertained and left wanting more. For that I give this movie a 8-1/2 out of 10. Oh! did I mention that all the girls in this movie are pretty HOTT!, Mostly Bella, and the 2 Cullen sisters. =] Expand
  50. JennyS.
    Jan 5, 2009
    This is the best movie i had seeen ! i love this movieee!
  51. AnnieK.
    Jan 5, 2009
    The most epic movie since Titanic! But the acting wasn't all that great.
  52. AmberS
    Oct 6, 2009
    I read the book because of how much I loved the movie! The only reason that I gave it an eight is because the film didn't have enough budgeting for better visual effects. I think that it is sad that we live in a world where even our fictional characters are stereotyped. Just because someone a long time ago said that vampires are supposed to brun in sunlight and can only live off I read the book because of how much I loved the movie! The only reason that I gave it an eight is because the film didn't have enough budgeting for better visual effects. I think that it is sad that we live in a world where even our fictional characters are stereotyped. Just because someone a long time ago said that vampires are supposed to brun in sunlight and can only live off human blood then no one else's idea of a vampire is acceptable now? I guess all aliens are supposed to be green with black eyes and big heads too. Well there goes all the alien movies ever made. The point was to be different and not copy everyone else's ideas. You don't have to like the movie, but at least give some respect to the writer for stepping outside the box. Expand
  53. JessieY
    Feb 18, 2009
    I absolutely adore this movie. I thought they couldn't do any better! If they could do anything better, it would to make the movie longer. Add more parts that are in the book too. Thanks for reading! I love Twilight! I love Robert Pattinson!!!!
  54. TomS.
    Feb 23, 2009
    Great movie. Ive seen a lot of vampire movies, however, this was one of the best. Characters are well played and the story is intriguing. Looking forward for the next movie.
  55. rose
    Feb 25, 2009
    OMG!!! Twilight is so amazing, how it shows how two totally different people can fall in love and no matter what the danger is they are in it together!!! I soooooooooooooo love this movie and the book. The book is so much better because you can here bellas thoughts and stuff, but WOW I love it. There is so much love between this human and Vampire, I also love how in the book, they go OMG!!! Twilight is so amazing, how it shows how two totally different people can fall in love and no matter what the danger is they are in it together!!! I soooooooooooooo love this movie and the book. The book is so much better because you can here bellas thoughts and stuff, but WOW I love it. There is so much love between this human and Vampire, I also love how in the book, they go through so much she gets bit by James and she gets amost bitten by Edwards brother Jasper, and then he leaves her and she is so so sad and then she finds out edward thinks shes dead and trys to kill himself so she faces the Voltrouri and saves him!!!!!! Everything about Twilight makes me want to sceam in happiness lol. Expand
  56. JobA.
    Mar 2, 2009
    Very interesting,good movie.I have to say that I'm glad I seen it at the picture show and not at full price.
  57. JasonD
    Mar 23, 2009
    Twilight stayed as close as possible to the book. It could have only gotten better with a bigger budget.
  58. LisaH.
    Mar 7, 2009
    This was such a good movie. Just about everyone I know saw this movie multiple times. I saw the movie before I read the book, and they did a very good job at staying pretty close to the novel.
  59. notateen
    Apr 2, 2009
    I was surprised. Prior to watching this movie I had heard of the twilight saga, but had never read it. I watched the movie with expectation. Some parts of the movie were exceptional, (needed more scenes that Edward and Bella interact) but the scenes where they did were nice. I do believe they casted the role of Edward right on the money, but the role of Bella needed to be rethought. I was surprised. Prior to watching this movie I had heard of the twilight saga, but had never read it. I watched the movie with expectation. Some parts of the movie were exceptional, (needed more scenes that Edward and Bella interact) but the scenes where they did were nice. I do believe they casted the role of Edward right on the money, but the role of Bella needed to be rethought. Edward projected the role of a repressed vampire extremely well, but Bella just seemed off the mark, but over all I enjoyed the movie. After watching the movie I decided to try the books, (as I am a reader I am always looking for new material to read) I absolutely loved the books, wish there were more coming, but after reading twilight the book, I so disappointed in the movie. They needed to include so much more in the movie that was in the book, in verse they should have included the treetop scene in the book, that was a highly romantic scene in the movie, and told alot about how Edward and Bella interacted with one another, more interested in conversation then sex, although sexual tension was there, but wanted to know each other at that point was so much more important to them. Over all my experience was good, but please allow it to follow the book more. Just my two cents, thanks for reading. Expand
  60. SeanG
    Aug 20, 2009
    I've followed the books sighed up onto the website and to tell a lie twilght is my favorite saga and im a guy! to someone who has read all the books and hyped the movie it was less of a thrill but give it justice and hey with Newmoon round the corner who nows.
  61. ChristianV
    Nov 21, 2008
    This movie is cool, cant really complain, i havent read the book yet.. hahaha... but i will.. is a cool movie.. my girl liked it too.. haha, well, more than me.
  62. ShelleyN.
    Nov 22, 2008
    I have read all 4 of the books and though i expected this movie to be a huge let dow, because after all, its hard to live up to the book, it did suprisingly well. The acting has some flaws from time to time but the movie overall was amaziing! I think its great because anyone can watch it and fall in love with the story even if they haven't read the book.
  63. JoeSkotzky
    Nov 22, 2008
    Overall, it was fairly good. If you read the book, there were some parts missing others added in, and some things that left you going "Wait, what?" If you didn't read the book, it was a good movie. I find it strange how the vampires don't burn in sunlight, or when they're near a cross. They can see their reflections too. The jumping around looked very wired, as it wasOverall, it was fairly good. If you read the book, there were some parts missing others added in, and some things that left you going "Wait, what?" If you didn't read the book, it was a good movie. I find it strange how the vampires don't burn in sunlight, or when they're near a cross. They can see their reflections too. The jumping around looked very wired, as it was too straight and incredibly unnatural (we're talking about vampires here). There was absolutely no reason why this couldn't be PG. The "one scene of sensuality" is where Bella dn Edward kiss on a bed, and the fighting is overall a rather big "meh". The acting was mediocre; no standouts there. Pretty much a good movie, but there is room for imporvement. Expand
  64. JillD
    Nov 22, 2008
    Twilight was excellent. I saw it yesterday and plan to go again. The movie it quite different from the book and as a movie I think it is a must see. However, I don
  65. CatieD
    Nov 22, 2008
    This movie was amazing. Although some parts were quite different from the actual film, it kept you watching. It interested you enough to want to keep watching. It was awesome.
  66. jenniferjohn
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm a big fan of the books. However, the movie did not satisfy me. Harry Potter was great and the Lord of the Rings amazing. What happened with this movie? Well, some of the supporting actors were stiff, the cinematography was awesome and I loved the music, but the screenplay was the killer. The screenplay did not adequately build the romance nor the suspense and left me wanting so II'm a big fan of the books. However, the movie did not satisfy me. Harry Potter was great and the Lord of the Rings amazing. What happened with this movie? Well, some of the supporting actors were stiff, the cinematography was awesome and I loved the music, but the screenplay was the killer. The screenplay did not adequately build the romance nor the suspense and left me wanting so I read the book for a fourth time. Expand
  67. MoniqueCantwell
    Nov 24, 2008
    Omg, Twlight was Amazing =] !
    Ive never read the books but my sisters have and they said the movie&th e book are very similiar.
    Omg, Twlight was Amazing =] !
    Twlight was amazing, the guy that plays in Harry Potter he was incridibly HAWT! I was very fascinated with the movie, i plan on going to see the movie again this weekend because it was soo good. A few of my friends saw the movie and they were also very fascinated with the movie. Im telling you the seris of the movies are going to be wonderful and im looking forward to seeing it.
  68. AllisonGawarecki
    Nov 24, 2008
    Just like the rest of the girls in America, I was sucked into the cult of Stephanie Meyer. I read all the borrowed books and even bought Break Dawn. I fully enjoyed the series for what it was: fluff. The problem with some people's view on the film is that they are going to see it expecting gold, or on the other end of the spectrum, crap. This movie fully lived up to my expectationsJust like the rest of the girls in America, I was sucked into the cult of Stephanie Meyer. I read all the borrowed books and even bought Break Dawn. I fully enjoyed the series for what it was: fluff. The problem with some people's view on the film is that they are going to see it expecting gold, or on the other end of the spectrum, crap. This movie fully lived up to my expectations and actually a little higher. Yes I know many people think that Pattinson was miscast and Stewart was "too pretty" for the role of Bella but who cares? Their line delivery was fantastic. Even one of my straight male friends was laughing out loud at points. I will agree however that if you didn't read the book(s) you didn't get the full (for lack of a better word) "experience" of the movie. But that doesn't mean it deserves a 2 out of 10 rating. You don't go to Disaster Movie expecting to be floored by their original jokes and Oscar worthy acting do you? Then don't go into Twilight expecting to see Cohen film and you won't be disappointed. Expand
  69. DavidL.
    Nov 27, 2008
    A generally good adaptation of the book. Acting flaws dampen but don't destroy a charming story.
  70. GiselleC.
    Nov 28, 2008
    Definitely a good movie in that it leaves you wanting more of Edward and anticipating its sequel.
  71. JenniferG
    Nov 29, 2008
    I agree with Joe, People were laughing at the acting from expecting scenes. The movie seemed like it was made by two producers. The first half, i have to say, was really horrible. The acting, music cues, camera shots. It was really horrible. Then the second half everything got much better. The actors were more real, it just got much much better. Making up for the first half.
  72. AlexM.
    Nov 29, 2008
    20 billion percent better than the book. I probably just made myself a few (thousand) enemies. I actually really liked this movie. I thought it was well done, and I liked that they made it less boring than the book.
  73. Danielle
    Dec 11, 2008
    I went to see it opening day. I thought the acting was quite good on most accounts, but Robert Pattinson's make-up was very disturbingly gothic-like at the beginning. they didn't change much from the book, and I really don't care what the critics said: The crtitcs gave a average score of 91/100 for Wall-E, but I found that movie terribly boring because there was no action I went to see it opening day. I thought the acting was quite good on most accounts, but Robert Pattinson's make-up was very disturbingly gothic-like at the beginning. they didn't change much from the book, and I really don't care what the critics said: The crtitcs gave a average score of 91/100 for Wall-E, but I found that movie terribly boring because there was no action or build to a climax. You were just waiting for something to happen, and epic battle or confrontation of some sort, but nothing happened. It was exciting and romantic without being cheesy, and captured my attention from start to finish. Expand
  74. AnthonyG.
    Dec 1, 2008
    I thought the film was GREAT. The book is always better but the movie came relatively and surprisingly close. I was more than satisfied with the turn out, especially to have seen the characters come to life on film aside from using your imagination when reading the books was a sheer delight. Imagination and appreciation goes along way when a film comes close to the book. Can't wait I thought the film was GREAT. The book is always better but the movie came relatively and surprisingly close. I was more than satisfied with the turn out, especially to have seen the characters come to life on film aside from using your imagination when reading the books was a sheer delight. Imagination and appreciation goes along way when a film comes close to the book. Can't wait for part 2, and I believe it willl just get better with each film. People tend to forget that this is a love STORY which totally brought me back to my days of PUPPY LOVE and anticipation of that first KISS, its also got plenty action. Its not intended to be a TERMINATOR FLICK, it has to keep the element of love aswell. I think it has a great combination of both as an intro to the SAGA and Bella's and Edwards love, I also hope that the element remains and that the action does indeed intensify as the story / saga thickens!!! Expand
  75. TonyaS.
    Dec 12, 2008
    This movie brings out the best parts of the book. There is no way that someone can be disappointed unless they were expecting a word-by-word replay of the books. HELLO PEOPLE!!! A 500 + page book can't be put into 2 hours. This is a MUST SEE!!!
  76. PatrickD.
    Dec 14, 2008
    This movie is dreadful, but almost to a fine art. This movie has definitely destroyed one of the most fearful and sadistic monsters and turned it into a shiny metaphor about not splunking. the ironic thing is depending on the girl you take to this movie; you might be able to get carnal with her.
  77. TinaB.
    Dec 22, 2008
    Why spend so much on James/Victoria/Laurent when there are so many interesting passages and dialogues that were not shown, or were extensively modified? Either way, Pattinson and Stewart are excelent. Also the kissing scene, the Cullen's entrance in the cafeteria and the ballet studio sequence are worth everything.
  78. Jennifer
    Dec 26, 2008
    Maybe its because i'm a teenage girl who loves robert pattinson but i loved this movie. i thought it was actually better than the book which in my opinion is a great story but poorly written. The movie strayed from the book for a few parts and for the better. i thought kristen stewart was a fantastic bella, and i dont think anyone wants to read about my complete obsession with robert Maybe its because i'm a teenage girl who loves robert pattinson but i loved this movie. i thought it was actually better than the book which in my opinion is a great story but poorly written. The movie strayed from the book for a few parts and for the better. i thought kristen stewart was a fantastic bella, and i dont think anyone wants to read about my complete obsession with robert pattinson so i will abstain from mentioning it. the film made me smile and it was an interesting love story,but i can definitely understand how some people wouldnt like it. my only problems with the movie were some of the corny lines and the "special effects" werent exactly state of the art. but i think that will improve in the next film due to the huge success of twilight. overall i think you either loved or hated this movie and i happen to love it. robert pattinson was great, the dialogue(spidermonkey) was not his fault and i thought he did it better than anyone else could have and he was successful in making almost every girl want a vampire boyfriend. his songs in the movie were fantastic, he is an amazing musician. moral of the story: if your a girl who likes love stories and hot guys- you will love it. if not- then go see another movie and stop making fun of it. Expand
  79. AlexA.
    Dec 29, 2008
    Adaptação fiel de um excelente livro , resultando em um excelente filme . Ganha pontos pela ousadia de quebrar a tradição sobre vampiros e por criar uma espetacular fantasia romântica . Maravilhoso ! ( Faithful adaptation of an excellent book, resulting in an excellent film. Earn points by daring to break the tradition about vampires and to create a Adaptação fiel de um excelente livro , resultando em um excelente filme . Ganha pontos pela ousadia de quebrar a tradição sobre vampiros e por criar uma espetacular fantasia romântica . Maravilhoso ! ( Faithful adaptation of an excellent book, resulting in an excellent film. Earn points by daring to break the tradition about vampires and to create a spectacular romantic fantasy. Wonderful! ) Expand
  80. EmmaH.
    Feb 28, 2009
    I think Twilight is the best and it is such a thrilling romance!! like a awome new version of Romeo and Juliet....only better, cause it has GOOD vampires!!
  81. Jannellao
    Sep 25, 2009
    I love robert and twilight actors. i love the movie and books.HAkeem your so mean i understand your opionon but i think they did a really good job lets face it I have a crush on rob and taylor and well you know thyre hot and always will be hot now you were hot like them which your probably not. then f off
  82. Katie
    Nov 21, 2008
    It was just amazing! The romance in this movie was beautiful!
  83. JimC.
    Nov 21, 2008
    A beautiful love-story ! Good performance for Kirsten Stewart & Robert Pattinson ... Compliments at Hardwicke, great director !
  84. Ariana
    Nov 21, 2008
    I read the book seris and i thought it was good but not excelent, but i really thought this was a good movie. I think it apeals more to girls and people who have read the book, but i do know some guys that saw the movie and said it was really good. So i do recomend.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Twilight was a very fast paced movie comparing it with the book. The movie should have been longer since fans were hoping for an exact or close to exact replica of the book. If the scenes were longer then it wouldn't seem like a longer version of a preview. What was great about the movie were the actors and how they took they're rolls with perfection. I am a big fan of all Twilight was a very fast paced movie comparing it with the book. The movie should have been longer since fans were hoping for an exact or close to exact replica of the book. If the scenes were longer then it wouldn't seem like a longer version of a preview. What was great about the movie were the actors and how they took they're rolls with perfection. I am a big fan of all things twilight. Thank you. Expand
  86. CM
    Nov 22, 2008
    I was pleasantly surprised. I'm a 33 year old woman who loved the book, but director Catherine Hardwicke gave the movie an edge I wasn't expecting but found refreshing. It didn't pander to those who wanted something glossy with cgi effects. The story wasn't about the action anyway, it was about the relationship. Loved it.
  87. KylB
    Nov 23, 2008
    They did an excellent job capturing the book in this movie. at no point did i find myself wanting to scream at the screen "no way! that isn't supposed to happen" like with some of the harry potter movies. i agree they totally suck at the speed effects, having them run fast could have been done (and has been done before) so much better.
  88. AlexandraT.
    Great.
  89. Heather
    Nov 24, 2008
    Don't think about the book. While the book is amazing, honestly what movie has ever truly stuck chapter to chapter to a book, few and if done many times boring. Yeah I was concerned about the actors, they just didn't seem to fit, but the movie was better than I had expected, you could see contacts lenses in a few scenes and the paleness of everyone was funny, the romantic partsDon't think about the book. While the book is amazing, honestly what movie has ever truly stuck chapter to chapter to a book, few and if done many times boring. Yeah I was concerned about the actors, they just didn't seem to fit, but the movie was better than I had expected, you could see contacts lenses in a few scenes and the paleness of everyone was funny, the romantic parts were sweet, and I enjoyed many of parts. Expand
  90. KyleW.
    Nov 24, 2008
    First of all, I went into the movie right after reading through the full series, from page one of Twilight right through to the last page of Breaking Dawn (Uninterupted it took me 22 Hours, and I've now been up for 32.) However; I did not go into the movie with any expectations. After sitting through the movie, I can tell you without a doubt that it was totally worth it, and is easilyFirst of all, I went into the movie right after reading through the full series, from page one of Twilight right through to the last page of Breaking Dawn (Uninterupted it took me 22 Hours, and I've now been up for 32.) However; I did not go into the movie with any expectations. After sitting through the movie, I can tell you without a doubt that it was totally worth it, and is easily in my top ten movies of all time, however, there were a few problems I had. First of all, the movie seemed to rush through everything. It didn't give you a lot of time to think between major plot pieces, and that bumped the score down a little for me. I don't like to be bombarded with too much information too quickly as you never seem to be able to grasp it all. Secondly, I didn't think that they were true enough to Edward's character, leaving him a bit more nervous than he'd been portrayed in the book. It didn't bother me too much, but since the book was that way, I don't see why the movie couldn't portray him as charismatically unsure as well. Nervous and sketchy was a little off the mark. Lastly, I didn't think that it was long enough. It could have used about twenty minutes or so more of padding, the little scenes, like the whole 'La Push Beach Excursion" could have been lengthened, as well as making the first woods scene a little more true to the book. Now, that said, I believe that any true Twilight fan will really like this movie, as it's a good representation of the book, save for the small details and slightly rushed plot. This movie gets an 8.5/10 from me, and even as a twenty year old guy, I highly recommend it. (No, really.) Expand
  91. LarissaFarmer
    Nov 24, 2008
    I really expected this movie to totally ruin it for me since I've read all the books. When I watched it, though, I was blown away. Nothing about it was bad. Every change they made was for the better. Every character played their part well. I was highly impressed. Can't wait for the sequels, cuz there will be. Just look on IMDb.
  92. BrendaR.
    Nov 26, 2008
    No movie is ever as good as the book - that being said I think it's a good movie and anyone who has read the books will enjoy seeing the characters come to life on screen.
  93. SalC.
    Nov 26, 2008
    @Steve K and those that share his opinion The whole damn point of the movie is that its about teen-ness and FOR teengirls (thats the target audience) It isn't meant to be a vampire movie. Go watch Dracula if you want some real vampire. Or confessions of a teenage vampire or something.
  94. BryanF.
    Nov 26, 2008
    Hard to follow at first, then once you learn to understand the way the characters act it makes much more sense and becomes a more enjoyable movie.
  95. ChadS.
    Nov 26, 2008
    Bella(Kristen Stewart) is a vegetarian. At lunch with dad, the pale girl orders a garden burger; with her paler boyfriend, she orders a mushroom omelete. Is Bella an animal rights activist, or does she avoid eating things with faces for health reasons? In other words, how much does she have in common with her vampire beau? Edward(Robert Pattison) is a vegetarian, too, relative to the Bella(Kristen Stewart) is a vegetarian. At lunch with dad, the pale girl orders a garden burger; with her paler boyfriend, she orders a mushroom omelete. Is Bella an animal rights activist, or does she avoid eating things with faces for health reasons? In other words, how much does she have in common with her vampire beau? Edward(Robert Pattison) is a vegetarian, too, relative to the fact, however, that vampires need blood for their ongoing survival. Like his brood, Edward only eats animals. Since he's immortal, a four- instead of a two-legged diet, in all likelihood, is an ethical stand that he and the Cullen vampires undertook. For sure, the acronym sucks: VETP(Vampires for the Ethical Treatment of People). Regardless of the basis behind Bella's meatless diet, both boy and girl have this in common: discipline. Bella is the steak that all vegetarians crave when they bite down on some soy-based product. Edward will have to eat a lot of beavers(no pun intended) in order to get through those long, cold nights up there in the northwest. In "Twilight", although no sex occurs between Edward and Bella, the hunky bloodsucker does sink his choppers into the girl's arm. Bella wants him to go all the way. Thankfully, for her sake, Edward has a level head. He unlocks his jaws before any damage can be done. There will be a time, though, when the gentleman vampire won't be able to abstain from his natural impulse to suck her brains out. Bella might get her wish, after all. She's so sure that her future lies with this post-Goth adonis; he's her first love, seemingly. But if Bella finally becomes immortal like her beloved, how will she feel about Edward in a hundred years? Maybe Edward knows this. The girl he chooses will be inextricably linked to him forever. They need to go on a date. None of this flying above the trees nonsense, like "Crouching Vampire, Hidden Arizona Girl". Dinner and a movie, perhaps? Expand
  96. TheaB.
    Nov 28, 2008
    I loved the movie. The beginning is mot the best but it gets better every second.
  97. SerenityA.
    Nov 29, 2008
    I absolutely love this movie. My favorite was the baseball scene. I don't know why critics think Wall-E is so wonderful when Twilight deserves the attention. Catherine Hardewick SHINES!!!
  98. RyanA.
    Dec 11, 2008
    I havent read the book but I did enjoy the movie and understood what it was all about. Those who wanted even more perhaos did enjoy movies that made barely 10 million dollars on its first weekend. People who didnt enjoy it are dead and numb.
  99. AlyshaB.
    Dec 15, 2008
    Twilight is one of the best movies I have ever seen! I absolutley loved it.
  100. NiomeD.
    Dec 22, 2008
    This was the most awesome movie ever! I was a little worried to watch it because i thought that it would e totally lame but it was so awesome and i just loved it but i did wonder if there was something more going on with belle and edward off cameras!! ala in all it was a great movie that i love!! i could watch it again and again and that is why i give it a ton i would give it a hunderd if This was the most awesome movie ever! I was a little worried to watch it because i thought that it would e totally lame but it was so awesome and i just loved it but i did wonder if there was something more going on with belle and edward off cameras!! ala in all it was a great movie that i love!! i could watch it again and again and that is why i give it a ton i would give it a hunderd if possible!!!! I LOVE TWILIGHT!!! Expand

Twilight will mesmerize its target audience, 16-year-old girls and their grandmothers. Their mothers know all too much about boys like this.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A disappointingly anemic tale of forbidden love that should satiate the pre-converted but will bewilder and underwhelm viewers who haven't devoured Stephenie Meyer's bestselling juvie chick-lit franchise.
    In the 17-million-copy land of "Twilight," the calling card isn't blood and fangs, but the exquisite, shimmering quiver of unconsummated first love. By that measure, the movie version gives really good swoon.