Summit Distribution | Release Date: November 21, 2008
4.9
Mixed or average reviews based on 973 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ThreeboxIndoorsDec 23, 2016
Twilight is a movie that fails at being romantic and succeeds at being awkward and incredibly forced. This film takes itself so seriously yet it's hard to take seriously, due to unpolished and cheesy camerawork, laughable dialogue and acting,Twilight is a movie that fails at being romantic and succeeds at being awkward and incredibly forced. This film takes itself so seriously yet it's hard to take seriously, due to unpolished and cheesy camerawork, laughable dialogue and acting, awful CGI, and obvious sped-up moments. Kristen Stewart is so emotionless here, and her character has zero personailty. She doesn't do anything apart from getting saved a couple of times. Robert Pattinson is just plain unwatchable. He plays a boring, unlikeable vampire named Edward Cullen, who Bella falls in love with due to forced storytelling. Every character is poorly developed, and they all feel like they're reading their lines. This movie spends so much time building up to a reveal that we knew was going to happen, and yet it still has to use lazy writing to get there. We get lots of unnecessary flashback-cuts that get obnoxious very quickly. Nothing about this film is convincing. It is very unrealistic but tries so hard to be taken seriously. The result is a boring, lifeless, depressed movie with some unintentionally hilarious moments.
The movie does look pretty though, and there is some good use of colours. It compliments the serious tone the film tries to have. Then there is the camerawork: Awful. The push-in's are so cheesy, there is a horrendous shot does spins around the character that is so unnecessary and out-of-place. The camera is usually shaky, and it looks like a documentary at times which doesn't match this type of film.
But we can't forget about the amount of times Kristen blinks in this movie. However, we can forget about Twilight and i'm going to give it a 2/10.
MrexreturnsOct 13, 2016
This is the single reason why the whole movie industry is corrupt. Vampires are no longer menacing human killers, they are girly boys and girly girls. And in love with a human women (Which does not happen in past Vampires).

This is

This is basically a preparation for us to accept corruption (Which is featured in any number of movies later on and even in real life) and every time i see this thing in the movie channel (Only my father watches television) i just tell him to switch the channel.

Flat on disgusting and shows how liberatedly corrupt our generation is.
MrMovieBuffJun 8, 2016
'Twilight' is a tedious, dull and poor excuse for a "romantic" film, or just a film for that matter. The film, which is based off the novel written by Stephanie Meyer explores the relationship between a teenage girl, and a non-aging vampire'Twilight' is a tedious, dull and poor excuse for a "romantic" film, or just a film for that matter. The film, which is based off the novel written by Stephanie Meyer explores the relationship between a teenage girl, and a non-aging vampire and his reluctance to hurt her.

The characters we meet include Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) who is moving to a little town called Forks with her father Charlie (Billy Burke), she starts a new day at a new high school where she becomes friends with a group of fun, outgoing teenagers and they tell her everything she needs to know about the school and the people who attend. She sees a fellow classmate at biology named Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), and there are many scenes of him just awkwardly staring at her just because he is in love... or something to that effect.

Bella tries to understand why Edward is so uncomfortable to be around her, and why he is so reserved and withdrawn from everybody else, plus there is the suspicion of him disappearing from time to time without explanation.

One day, Edward does something extraordinary and Bella couldn't believe her eyes, she tries to get answers from Edward, but he refuses to, instead he tries to make out that she is crazy, but she researches what she can in order to get a better understanding. One day, Edward does give her an insight to his origins of being a vampire, and they begin to understand each other. Nobody else, apart from Bella, knows about Edward's origins, and it remains that way for now.

What makes this film bad is its slow pace, constant build-up to nothing, and the stiff performances, especially from our lead characters. The cinematography (by Elliot Davis) is also the least bit appealing to the eye. The constant pale colors and lack of anything visually appealing make this film dull, and almost lifeless. Nothing of remote interest seems to happen for a long period of time in this film. When something interesting does happen, my attention (and I'm sure many audience's attentions) already wandered off to the point where I just could not care anymore.

The film is devoid of interest, the characters are bland, the cinematography is dull, the story is lifeless and the film is uneven and disjointed. The editing (by Nancy Richardson) is also very choppy, there are many scenes at the beginning that feel like they don't add up to anything. The story gets messed to the point of delusion and I found myself to be uninterested in anything that was going on, the film tries to be romantic and sweeping, but what we get instead are many moments where the two lead characters just stare at each other in montages, it just isn't exciting.

Tedious, dull and lifeless.
twilight4neverMay 9, 2016
the movie is gender biased. why did the director name the girl Bella Watson, the words used in the movie are gender biased. Bella means beautiful. the movie is good but in without the gender stereotypical elements.
KillersanMay 2, 2016
I never thought that appear sama bestalatny writer in the world . I thought well, not as much can be a bad thing in the film , especially in the book , but when I read and psomotrel ... I will say briefly: Stephenie Meyer - the enemy ofI never thought that appear sama bestalatny writer in the world . I thought well, not as much can be a bad thing in the film , especially in the book , but when I read and psomotrel ... I will say briefly: Stephenie Meyer - the enemy of mankind , which you want to sue at the Nuremberg trials . Expand
gameguardian21Mar 2, 2016
Its hard to believe that so many people love this hunk of garbage. The diolauge is terrible, the story is garbage, and is probually the worst book to movie adaptation ever made. The characters are gay and boring as **** Plus I think this isIts hard to believe that so many people love this hunk of garbage. The diolauge is terrible, the story is garbage, and is probually the worst book to movie adaptation ever made. The characters are gay and boring as **** Plus I think this is probably just a stareing contest because I litterly saw alot of stareing. Like that dumb justin beiber movie, I was paid to watch this hunk of garbage, no seriously i was paid. I dont know why, but so many people love this hunk of garbage. Expand
SparkzCriticNov 18, 2015
Ahem. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO ACT IF YOU CHOOSE TO BE AN ACTOR!!!! This whole film is awkward shy flirting and stares. Lots of stares. This should NOT get more than a 3. Ever.
marcelgermannNov 7, 2015
Twilight
Twilight
Vampire glitzern nicht in der Sonne und sie klettern und sprinten nicht wie Usain Bolt, dieser Film hat so kitschige Sachen eingeführt und nun kommen so viele peinliche Teenie-Roman-Schnulzen, das kann man sich nicht antun. Die Story: Es gibt Vampire, Mensch verliebt sich in Vampir, andere böse Vampire wollen gute Vampire und Mädchen töten, weil sie böse sind. Und die guten Vampire trinken Tierblut, sie töten also keine Menschen, um normal zu sein. Ja gut klingt ziemlich dumm, ist es auch. Die Schauspieltalente Kristen Stewart und Robert Pattinson starren sich die ganze Zeit an, weil das Liebe ausdrückt, aha. Sogar die Menschen in dem Film sind so blass wie die Vampire, außer Taylor Lautner, denn der ist ein Wolf und auch er liebt Kristen Stewart, somit steht Kristen zwischen den beiden und hat anscheinend Gefühle für beide.(Namen aus dem Film werden nicht genannt, weil man alle Personen vergessen hat weil sie keine Persönlichkeit oder Seelen besitzen. Ist Twilight ein schlechter Film? Ja Freunde, der ist total Scheiße, also verschwendet eure Zeit nicht damit.
JosephASowellJun 5, 2015
Good general idea, but very poor execution. This movie contains a dire plot, razzie-worthy performances, and lifeless characters, literally. Another Harry Potter wannabe gone wrong
Parappafan1996Jan 14, 2015
The only reason this film exists is to get the girls screaming for more, Twilight is absolute garbage and it baffles me on how big this movie's fan base is.
andrebarrosoDec 20, 2014
Should I even write a review about "Twilight"? If I should, it will be only to low the score of the movie a little bit.
Stephanie Mayer's novel is almost as killing as it's adaptation, but the movie takes it to a whole different level. Horrible casting, awful screenplay, ghastly directing and a terrible production. Just saying...
f3l1p3Sep 15, 2014
Não gostei nem um pouco. Tanto é que nem assisti os outros,só esse. A atuação é fraca,a história não tem nada de interessante e até os efeitos são ruins.
HaithamBAug 10, 2014
Twilight has laughable performances that are so bad they're almost good. It is unbelievably silly, but it is an atmospheric movie, with a directorial style and an excellent musical score.
skeleton567Jul 21, 2014
This is film is realy boring and for making it even more boring and unwatchable they put in it millions minute of stares! You want him to be horror but it makes you "laugh instead! Dialogue is like this i love you! Me too! Great! "
YoutubeTGWJun 7, 2014
This is for every twilight film-Oh my gosh...no..no..no I was force to see this and all the others with my sister and....holy crap this ruined vampires for me... You got Tweens wanting to have a vampire boyfriend because they see this...thisThis is for every twilight film-Oh my gosh...no..no..no I was force to see this and all the others with my sister and....holy crap this ruined vampires for me... You got Tweens wanting to have a vampire boyfriend because they see this...this was horrible I wanted to put myself out of my misery sitting through this crap...I mean it really ruined vampires for our modern time no one remembers Count Dracula (originated from the real Vlad Dracula Tepes better known as Vlad the impaler 1431-1476 The prince of wallachia)...the person that wrote the stupid books made Romania's darkest icon of the classic vampire into a gushy tween romance crap... I was hoping since the "actors" do t deserve to be called actors, the story was a snore, amd envy thing else made me want to puke. Vampire don't sparkle when in the sun they burst into flame and die turning into ashes. They don't show mercy to other humans for their extreme thirst makes them the feared killers that can swallow your soul leaving your corpse a bloodthirsty minion of the count.....I wish the series died when the first film was released this isn't a "vampire" film it's a crappy made tween love story that made every girl in my 5th grade class want a vampire lover...I feel very bad for the unfortunate people that were dragged to this distasteful thing Expand
mhenderson8May 24, 2014
This movie was extremely horrible, all the Twilight movies are extremely horrible. I never understood how a movie full of Werewolves and Vampires could be so awful but it is. The only movie worse than this one is X-Men: First Class.
ShawyerDec 28, 2013
O. K. This movie is very bad. I didn't read the book, and I won't. I am not a hater, it was just so boring. Wanna know how to turned on teenagers are trying to get together? No, thank you. And this is not just boring it has a bad message.
crabrangoonOct 5, 2013
can this chic twitch anymore? she looks like a crack addict in need of another "fix!" should've went with a better main character. Horrible cliche of a movie. I never even finished watching the flick....waste of time!!!
SimpleMethodJul 8, 2013
The bullsh*t that started 4 more years, and of course, 5 more "films" that caused distress and mental pain to many. Twilight is the reason people consistently complain that Hollywood is all Vampires and Zombies.
TheRubixGamerJun 21, 2013
This whole movie is a a 14 year old girls wet dream with terrible acting! I really don't now what else to say other than this movie destroyed Vampires for me as now if I hear the word Vampire I will think of this terrible piece of crap.
EmmanuelEdwinJun 5, 2013
Unfortunetly, I cannot use any offensive words that would directly insult the makers of this movie, so I will sugar coat this to the best of my ability. This film is Sublimely Horrible and Intentionally Tasteless. Read between the lines. AllUnfortunetly, I cannot use any offensive words that would directly insult the makers of this movie, so I will sugar coat this to the best of my ability. This film is Sublimely Horrible and Intentionally Tasteless. Read between the lines. All this movie proves is how to date a vampire. I mean come on now, when will that happen in life? Expand
HosseinAApr 14, 2013
This movie I simply awful.
The worst performance I've ever seen. Specially when two of them are talking.
If I could I would ask Stephenie Meyer that does she even know what a vampire is?
It's a shame...
Movie1997Apr 13, 2013
Let me just start off by saying, I knew this movie wasn't going to good one bit. Which honestly, is no surprise to me. But then again, this story isn't for teenage boys, it's for teenage girls. So if your a girl, you'll end up liking thisLet me just start off by saying, I knew this movie wasn't going to good one bit. Which honestly, is no surprise to me. But then again, this story isn't for teenage boys, it's for teenage girls. So if your a girl, you'll end up liking this movie. As far as the storyline goes its iffy, but when you put these characters in these situations, it just plumits into pure crap. Also, the actors can't save movie for crap. Overall, it's a terrible start to a saga from the "beloved book series. Expand
MarkMusicMar 25, 2013
You call it movie, I call it cliche love story for desperate girls who think they have a shot with Taylor Lautner. Nothing good here at all Im disapointed with Taylor and Kristen they did great movies as kids/pre-teens/teens like Sharkboy andYou call it movie, I call it cliche love story for desperate girls who think they have a shot with Taylor Lautner. Nothing good here at all Im disapointed with Taylor and Kristen they did great movies as kids/pre-teens/teens like Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Catch That Kid, then an overly hyped love story between phony vampires who dont act like vampires one bit, the only thing they do is, have pale skin. The effects are lazy,Im sure the book was better I didnt read it but they usually write better books then movies. If you want my advise if you a girl your probably gonna see it no matter what just to see shirtless Taylor or crappy love story, if your a guy your either going to see action (which isnt the best but isnt the worst), your girl dragged you there, you actually like it or you (excuse this but) gay. Expand
csw12Jan 21, 2013
Twilight is an extremely pathetic movie. A movie so riped of phoniest it is almost laughable. Not only is it dull, pretentious and boring, it has some very wooden acting and poor dialogue.
Speed4RunsDec 15, 2012
One of the worst sagas ever made.
EsaiSouzaNov 26, 2012
Oh God why? This movie is pathetic from start to finish. It's obvious that there's no artistic value involved in this and it was just made to make money but did it really have to be this bad?
aznassassinNov 24, 2012
I gave this movie a chance. I really did. But it just takes my intelligence, crushes it and stuff a cartload of dung into my brain. It felt like a mixture of cinematic rape, utter boredom and cringeworthy acting/sequences that make this theI gave this movie a chance. I really did. But it just takes my intelligence, crushes it and stuff a cartload of dung into my brain. It felt like a mixture of cinematic rape, utter boredom and cringeworthy acting/sequences that make this the worst movie I've seen in a very long time. Twilight feels like a B-grade, made for TV movie, only that they managed to get a decent camera for the job. About the only half-decent component is the cinematography. Its definitely well shot. As for the main juice of the movie...you'd be wondering why on earth anyone would make this movie apart from milking the cash out of Tweens and their poor boyfriends. Apart from some supporting characters who have passable acting, the main characters lack the skill and aptitude to produce even an a line of dialogue that wont leave you cringing or in some cases, wishing you were dead so the torture would end. Tweens would defend this pile of excrement to their deaths and I say, feel free. The world can judge. And thankfully, most people who have a conscience would stray clear of this horror. Yes, tweens, there are a lot of females out there who hate/aren't give a fck about Twilight than there are those who would. Get that fact right. I am not even going do a review for the other sequels as I WRITE THIS AS A WARNING TO ALL: This is almost as bad as Batman & Robin and is universally claimed by critics who were not bribed by the producers as the worst movie franchise of the 21st century, if not in all of movie history. I literally felt my IQ drop by spades during the movie. Please, save yourself and avoid this. I saw this out of pure curiosity. Dont even try to do what I did. Its not worth it. Expand
Martin90Jun 27, 2012
My big deal with this movie is that look so cheap, is so amateur... Special mention for the Kristen Stweart and Robert Pattinson, they are very good at sucking acting. And overall is so boring... plane
choopyJun 26, 2012
terrible movie, terrible book, this series has officially killed the vampire genre, before this if you said vampire romance, you'd sound crazy, and in my opinion, it still sounds crazy. there 2 different things, vampire, a horror idea, andterrible movie, terrible book, this series has officially killed the vampire genre, before this if you said vampire romance, you'd sound crazy, and in my opinion, it still sounds crazy. there 2 different things, vampire, a horror idea, and romance, some lovey dovie move. they don't fit together. another reason i don't like this movie is because it killed the idea of a vampire horror. ever since the original book was made, there has been nothing in the vampire genre besides vampire romances. and any movie that doesn't have them as a part of some relation ship puts them as a small, weak sub enemy. there is no Dracula-like vampires any more. so, in short what im saying is, thanks a lot twilight, i hate you Expand
Subject98May 31, 2012
I've seen a lot of poorly written garbage get mainstream attention before but this convoluted wet dream posing as a love story is too popular for me to let be. Okay, to be fair it IS technically a love story, it's just a bad one. TheI've seen a lot of poorly written garbage get mainstream attention before but this convoluted wet dream posing as a love story is too popular for me to let be. Okay, to be fair it IS technically a love story, it's just a bad one. The characters not only have close to zero personality to speak of, but the person you're intended to side with is all around, pretty damn sleasy. If I played a drinking game for how many people she manipulates or screws over, I'd be in a coma. Not only that but to my knowledge there are close to no consequences for her actions. A war between freaking vampires and werewolves could be going on, and still all the movies really care about is 'when the hell are they gonna do it'. -_- I will say this though, it's actually not many notches lower than most other romance movies, a lot of them have really odd priorities. Expand
jasonwMay 30, 2012
I don't want to be mean or give extreme opinion toward a film, but for the twilight series I guess I break the role once. It is all about a chick falls in love with vampire, which doesn't even look as half as handsome as Leonardo Di Caprio,I don't want to be mean or give extreme opinion toward a film, but for the twilight series I guess I break the role once. It is all about a chick falls in love with vampire, which doesn't even look as half as handsome as Leonardo Di Caprio, his face is whiter than MJ and yes you see the girl kisses a 500 years old vampire grandpa, but look like an 18 years old. Can anyone tell me what's the big deal in it? Expand
aaronpaul121May 22, 2012
Bad acting, cheesy moments (super cheesy), lack of chemistry in love scenes and not having the true spirit of a true vampire is all I can say. You would not even classify this as a vampire movie because vampires in this movie are rarelyBad acting, cheesy moments (super cheesy), lack of chemistry in love scenes and not having the true spirit of a true vampire is all I can say. You would not even classify this as a vampire movie because vampires in this movie are rarely drinking blood and rarely bites people. Overall, the film is boring and bad. They did redeem just a little bit in New Moon and Eclipse (from a score of 3 to 4). Expand
DBreezMay 17, 2012
I never see the worst cast. I read books( Twilight). I love that story, but when I see this film, I hate this film a see first 50 min. and I lost 50 min. of my life.
FriezaTr0LLzApr 27, 2012
Only the moronic fan-girls would like this **** excuse of a vampire film via "Twilight." The only thing they worry about is loving that **** slutty excuse for a woman Bella and continue on sucking on Edward's dick. This should be called ****Only the moronic fan-girls would like this **** excuse of a vampire film via "Twilight." The only thing they worry about is loving that **** slutty excuse for a woman Bella and continue on sucking on Edward's dick. This should be called **** and the sequels should also called: **** Saga: Failing ever harder then 10,000 BC. At least 10k BC can do a better job then this waste of money. Expand
ETVApr 26, 2012
It's movies like this that give Vampires a bad name and plus who gives Meyer the right to rewrite vampire history.... Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Can't wait until the final film and people can forgot about it.
CorwinMar 30, 2012
This movie was a total borefest. I had no preconceptions about it since back then I not only hadn't read the books, but hadn't even heard about Twilight. All I knew was that it was "a movie about vampires". I watched it with my brother and weThis movie was a total borefest. I had no preconceptions about it since back then I not only hadn't read the books, but hadn't even heard about Twilight. All I knew was that it was "a movie about vampires". I watched it with my brother and we both agreed that it sucked. Uninspired acting, terrible dialogues, boring story. It failed to evoke any emotions from me. Expand
titanicpenguinMar 4, 2012
My wife has made me sit through all of these films. I feel cheated that i will never get those hours of my life back. Don't worry though, I made her sit through the alien films followed by Die Hard 1&2&3&4. that'll teach her!!!
javis10Jan 11, 2012
One of the more foolish movies I've ever seen. It has a poor plot, poor music, poor screenplay and the worst, it ruined the vampire's stories. This movie is really awful. Enjoyable just for teenagers in love. In a way is stupid.
djcmusicJan 7, 2012
It had a few decent moments in it, but overall this movie just bored the hell out of me. The romance wasn't moving at all, that best fight scene mtv awarded battle with edward and that one wolf was 2 minutes of basically epic shoving. why theIt had a few decent moments in it, but overall this movie just bored the hell out of me. The romance wasn't moving at all, that best fight scene mtv awarded battle with edward and that one wolf was 2 minutes of basically epic shoving. why the hell do so many people like this movie? Its like over 2 hours long and it just drags on.......blah blah oh hes a vampire.....blah blah blah of i'm suddenly magically in love with you edward..... i gave it an honest chance, and it made a chuckle here and there, thought it was kinda creative at times but overall im just watching this like, wait a minute? why the **** is this vampire glowing in the sun? Plus Bella should've been hotter. seriously they get a mega pretty boy i guess for the vampire because girls wont shut up about him, but for bella we got an actress whose a 8 of 10 at best. lol. Expand
BlogDog123Dec 19, 2011
This is a very horrendous move. A pretty predicatble plot, and bad acting and a stupid story (do we need more vampire romances in the world?) I just want to punch the direct in the face.
TarintinoCodFanDec 16, 2011
This film doesn't even deserve a 1. If you want to see a vampire film, look out for Underworld or Bram Stokers Dracula. Not these teen romances which have stolen everything from every other vampire film or book and made it 'teen friendly' byThis film doesn't even deserve a 1. If you want to see a vampire film, look out for Underworld or Bram Stokers Dracula. Not these teen romances which have stolen everything from every other vampire film or book and made it 'teen friendly' by removing blood. Hello, that's why teens live! Expand
Alexander_FredDec 15, 2011
There is essentially nothing good about this film. It is created for a female audience who have read the book, of which similarities between the two can be found. Beyond the characters is the way they both flows, which is quite terribly. InThere is essentially nothing good about this film. It is created for a female audience who have read the book, of which similarities between the two can be found. Beyond the characters is the way they both flows, which is quite terribly. In addition, the film alone stands as a crime against cinema. The directing is lackluster at best (the 1 point given is because the cinematography was slightly better than terrible and rarely well done at points), and the acting was atrocious. Kristen Stewart comes off as either high on some substance or simply mentally handicapped throughout the film. She seems to have trouble speaking and for some reason, seems to keep her mouth open constantly. Robert Patinson does slightly better, which is saying essentially nothing. He is still one of the worst actors in Hollywood. He is put on screen because of his physique and nothing else. His acting ability is exactly as his character: dead. But unlike his character, there is no sparkling about his talent, or lack there of. Tweens and teenage girls will flock to this film and enjoy the muscles and romance, though that too is badly created, but for those who understand what makes a film good should place a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger before seeing this pile of garbage. Expand
zvoithDec 7, 2011
One of the dullest movies I've ever seen in my life. If only I could take those 122 minutes back. Here are reasons why this movie sucked. 1. First off, the characters are lifeless. 2. The characters sound like they are reading off paper
3. Practically remain blank faced throughout most of the movie
4. No chemistry between the two main characters
5. Is everybody wearing makeup?
If you are a Twilight fan, then I feel sorry for you. Please get some help.
rhyme4freedom5Oct 2, 2011
the glamorous vampires are not badass at all. it was quite sad, never knew they were books until after i saw the movie, just terrible fairy vampires AND **** ACTING!
Nick5414Oct 1, 2011
Dumb & silly
TomwyrSep 9, 2011
This was the most boring film ever i sat through. I wonder why they took "actors" for this "vampire-movie". A non bloodsucking vampire is as much a vampire as a potato. In a film with non bloodsucking potatoes they could have saved on theThis was the most boring film ever i sat through. I wonder why they took "actors" for this "vampire-movie". A non bloodsucking vampire is as much a vampire as a potato. In a film with non bloodsucking potatoes they could have saved on the budget though. Expand
mattwowlJul 27, 2011
The fact that this film was even thought of by Paramount is a mystery to me. The film for me is so offtrack and boring that I can't understand why they accepted another 3 movies. A film about vampires will never be successful, but when theyThe fact that this film was even thought of by Paramount is a mystery to me. The film for me is so offtrack and boring that I can't understand why they accepted another 3 movies. A film about vampires will never be successful, but when they throw romance along side this rubbish and a hint of comedy, it's just a disaster and a waste of money. I feel sorry for the actors whose careers have been ruined by this utter drivel. Dreadful 0/10 Expand
HasrionaJul 20, 2011
One of the worst films ever made. Without a shadow of a doubt. Not only is it dull, pretentious and boring, it has some very wooden acting and poor dialogue. It makes you cringe at the fact that four more installments are on their way...
MrCinnamonJun 12, 2011
Nothing more than a confused womans wet dream, with legions of idiotic, pubescant 16 year old fan girls streaming in her wake. The poor story is further degraded by immensely wooden acting and dull script writing. A real fangs-bared yawnNothing more than a confused womans wet dream, with legions of idiotic, pubescant 16 year old fan girls streaming in her wake. The poor story is further degraded by immensely wooden acting and dull script writing. A real fangs-bared yawn accompanied by repulsion at the overall story. Expand
Bal81Apr 12, 2011
This film just makes you realise that the world is full of camp people,men and women.In the older days when men were men and wanted to do manly things with their pals Vampire Horror was quite enjoyable but these days men just follow theirThis film just makes you realise that the world is full of camp people,men and women.In the older days when men were men and wanted to do manly things with their pals Vampire Horror was quite enjoyable but these days men just follow their partner anywhere and everywhere!Even going as far as copying the lady habit of dropping their own friends for the partner relationship.Only to try and win their mates back after the relationship goes south and crumbles and shatters to pieces!
This film is drowned in camp vampires.....omg if the vamps have gone camp then there really is no hope left for mankind!
Vampire films used to be classed as horror but with drivel like this its no wonder there's no scares left in the genre.......except for 30 days of Night,if you want an up-to date vampire horror go for that as you wont be dissappointed,oh and it has romance but its so thin you know its there but forget it as the horror is so intense.
jAbMaNFeb 24, 2011
Worst dramatic/romantic movie I ever seen in my life. Kristen Stewart can't act for **** and everyone who tries to act is stupid and the concept of vampires being in daylight is dumb. Vampires are supposed to kill people not fall in love with them.
xXAnthonyXxFeb 5, 2011
Never before have I seen a more terrible movie than this. Vampires? Maybe. 2 "hot" guys that 10 year olds like. Check! A good movie? Yeah right. I like the first minute or two. Before anyone arrives on screen.
Bullet97Jan 24, 2011
God, this movie is awful The acting is horrendous, the dialouge is terrible, the characters are underdeveloped, the directing is lazy, and anything I forgot to mention sucks too.
outlawvenomNov 27, 2010
Should be called "The Stalker's Guide to Getting Chicks." I only gave it a 1 and not a 0 because i laughed during a couple of scenes. The characters were really stupid and I couldn't believe anything that the actors said. My friends and IShould be called "The Stalker's Guide to Getting Chicks." I only gave it a 1 and not a 0 because i laughed during a couple of scenes. The characters were really stupid and I couldn't believe anything that the actors said. My friends and I watched, wondering what all the popularity was about. All 9 of us are still wondering. Expand
roddersj04Oct 13, 2010
Do you enjoy deeply terrible movies with gaping plot holes, a horribly bland cast, an uninterresting premise and excruciatingly horrible writing? Then look no further than Twilight. Vampires shining has just earned Stephanie Meyer a place inDo you enjoy deeply terrible movies with gaping plot holes, a horribly bland cast, an uninterresting premise and excruciatingly horrible writing? Then look no further than Twilight. Vampires shining has just earned Stephanie Meyer a place in hell. And the romance? Pah! Bella and Edward have as much chemistry as a rapist and his victim. Expand
gm101Oct 4, 2010
I hated the book, and the movie was no better than the book. I wish this series never existed at all. A vampire that shines? Seriously? What has the world come to?
VamperFaNSep 27, 2010
this movie sucks!!! there's nothing good about this movie. i don't know what the **** people like this dumb movie. Only little girls watch stupid movies like twilight
ComasiAug 27, 2010
The acting is terrible, the movie's stupid and for me the movie is just targeted for tweens. I'm also tired of this vampire sh**. Kristin Stewart barely has any emotions and she was way better in Adventureland. Every vampire aren't reallyThe acting is terrible, the movie's stupid and for me the movie is just targeted for tweens. I'm also tired of this vampire sh**. Kristin Stewart barely has any emotions and she was way better in Adventureland. Every vampire aren't really vampire's! What I mean is that the vampires aren't sucking any blood, they sparkle in the sun and I'm glad there's a movie parodying this crap. Expand
NightingaleAug 23, 2010
It would be a great mistake to call this picture "vampire movie". Vampires here are quite phony since they don't drink blood. I don't know if it is bad acting or whether romance is supposed to be so slow and passionless between vegetarianIt would be a great mistake to call this picture "vampire movie". Vampires here are quite phony since they don't drink blood. I don't know if it is bad acting or whether romance is supposed to be so slow and passionless between vegetarian vampire and gloomy girl, but I can't see a single spark between them even when they're kissing. Characters' actions are full of incoherence. How does Edward, according to some girl's evidence quite desired by most of schoolgirls, fall in love with some girl who seems to have dyslexia? I don't believe that his feelings are based on her smell solely. Why on earth evil blood-drinking vampires are so hostile? Smell again? And let alone poorly made supernatural jumps and combat scene. I practically can see strings attached to their bodies. Expand
JamieDJan 24, 2010
I was looking forward to the Twilight movie.The movie is one of the worse movie I ever seen.I am a 16 year girl.I did think Robert Patterson is hot.
1 of 2 users found this helpful
AmyCDec 30, 2009
The writer obviously didn't think about the affect her writing, let alone her movie, would cause her reader/watchers. Her vampires were so obvious. They didn't try to mix, they stayed as a group. Everyone loves Bella the moment The writer obviously didn't think about the affect her writing, let alone her movie, would cause her reader/watchers. Her vampires were so obvious. They didn't try to mix, they stayed as a group. Everyone loves Bella the moment they see her. She has a vampire watching her sleep, which is considered romantic. Her vampires sparkle. The only reason I'm giving it a 1 is because James was a decent vampire. Expand
TizzyDec 26, 2009
The acting; terrible. The writing; terrible. The cinematography; terrible. The directing; terrible. Though, working off of a misogynistic, glittering, terribly written, encyclopedia slap happy, no character development (Except when The acting; terrible. The writing; terrible. The cinematography; terrible. The directing; terrible. Though, working off of a misogynistic, glittering, terribly written, encyclopedia slap happy, no character development (Except when Bella's monster baby bursts out of the womb and the only way for her to survive is to be turned into a vampire, which then she becomes automatically perfect and beautiful. That's the only time she changes, which is in the last book) teen pleasure novel, it's gonna be bad either way. And no good director in their right mind would direct such a terrible series. I'd find it funny if a good director like David Lynch or Woody Allen would direct this. Quite humorous, indeed. Expand
RachelDec 16, 2009
There's supposed to be chemistry between the two characters, I didn't notice any. And some emotion would've been nice. Maybe some sound/music in the first half would've entertained me and my friend also. Unless you like There's supposed to be chemistry between the two characters, I didn't notice any. And some emotion would've been nice. Maybe some sound/music in the first half would've entertained me and my friend also. Unless you like Robert Pattison I don't think you'll like the film! Expand
DaveHDec 7, 2009
There's nothing extraordinary about this movie, the fangirls who are in love with E.C. have never experienced romance in their lives.
JacobNov 30, 2009
What a waste of my time. Bella is a weak, shallow woman in an imbalanced relationship. Edward (if he wasnt "hot" would be seen as a creepy, geriatric pedofile and a stalker. The "vampires" are so unvampiric its just sad that Meyers is What a waste of my time. Bella is a weak, shallow woman in an imbalanced relationship. Edward (if he wasnt "hot" would be seen as a creepy, geriatric pedofile and a stalker. The "vampires" are so unvampiric its just sad that Meyers is allowed to even use the term for her creatures. Lots of boring angsty staring and laughable dialog. Give this a miss. Expand
MonicaNov 23, 2009
Am I mistaken, or did I just read comparisons to "Romeo and Juliet" and "Lost Boys." Are some of you daft or just mentally challenged? OR can you at least admit that you were never able to grasp the world-renown play or cinematic classic and Am I mistaken, or did I just read comparisons to "Romeo and Juliet" and "Lost Boys." Are some of you daft or just mentally challenged? OR can you at least admit that you were never able to grasp the world-renown play or cinematic classic and got a "C" in your High School literature classes. Holy Hell, how aggravating it is that some of you represent the United States in critical thinking. Expand
JimBNov 18, 2009
This movie had high hopes but failed to meet them. Kristen Stewart, although she is young, did an awful job of acting. She was emotionless throughout almost the whole movie, expect when she received her new truck from Billy Black. Stewart This movie had high hopes but failed to meet them. Kristen Stewart, although she is young, did an awful job of acting. She was emotionless throughout almost the whole movie, expect when she received her new truck from Billy Black. Stewart would have been better as a role of a zombie in Zombieland. It would have been nice to see more of that energy consistent in the entire movie. Robert Pattinson, the male lead, was not as awful as his female counterpart but his performance was far from good. He showed glimmers of a strong character at the beginning and end of the film, but it would have been nice for the middle parts to be as strong so he could at least make up for what Stewart was lacking. The special effects were rushed and just plain cheesy. It was not believable at all. Overall the movie did stay true, or at least tried, to Stephanie Meyer's novel. Expand
J.CNov 13, 2009
Twilight really really sucks. I saw a monkey acting better than this...this...well...THIS. The only thing i liked is Clair De Lune song, but only that.
PeterKayOct 30, 2009
This film was really poor, for a vampire film to not use a correct definition of a vampire is a deadly sin; this made the movie as uncompelling to me as possible, there is a difference between innovating and redefining, and twilight crossed This film was really poor, for a vampire film to not use a correct definition of a vampire is a deadly sin; this made the movie as uncompelling to me as possible, there is a difference between innovating and redefining, and twilight crossed the redefining line. A vampire is not a vampire just because it sucks blood; leeches and mosquitos suck blood too. It could of been a lot more appealing with a better cast, Rob said himself in an interview that he wished it had more violence, he's not the right man for the job; someone more sensitive and with a better hold on romance would have been better. I'm finding it hard to find good things to say, but its just too cheesy to comment on, one thing I did like was the small role played by Bella's father(Billy Burke) and Alice(Ashley Greene) but I feel hard to give these value as they are both established actors. Expand
AmyfOct 25, 2009
This movie was so bad. I laugh all the time. I just don't get what people like about it. the bad acting, the horrible makeup, the emberresing dialog or the monky like moves?
JohnT.Oct 14, 2009
The fact that this movie is being compared to Romeo and Juliet in any context other than to exemplify everything that is wrong with Twilight is a sign our culture is slowly dying. The series was a horrible, pathetic creation vulgarly The fact that this movie is being compared to Romeo and Juliet in any context other than to exemplify everything that is wrong with Twilight is a sign our culture is slowly dying. The series was a horrible, pathetic creation vulgarly posturing as a romance, luring young girls and disillusioned middle-aged women (and men) into its abominable bosom, whispering false promises of eternal love and devotion. Expand
DanOct 12, 2009
Possibly the most laughable attempt at either a romance or a vampire film. Aside from the obviously laughable effects(high speed piggy back?) and the combination of awkward acting and a stale script leaves nothing else but some stock footage Possibly the most laughable attempt at either a romance or a vampire film. Aside from the obviously laughable effects(high speed piggy back?) and the combination of awkward acting and a stale script leaves nothing else but some stock footage for the north american tourist board. The actors shuffle and mope their way though this overly long film. I am sure the frothing Twilight fans will just keep bumping this rating, but nothing can excuse this dire epic. Comparing it to Lost Boys is also faintly ridiculous as the humour in Lost Boys was intended, any humour derived from Twilight is sadly unintentional. Expand
SebastianCSep 30, 2009
Bar none, one of the worst films ever made. I understand this is a teen flick, but the script is appalling, the acting is dreadful, the directing is terrible and the whole thing is just physically painful.
4 of 10 users found this helpful
MorganSep 9, 2009
If you haven't seen this movie already, I would suggest you avoid it at all costs. Honestly, don't even bother downloading it illegally -- it will only waste the precious space on your computer. Acting? I've seen better acting If you haven't seen this movie already, I would suggest you avoid it at all costs. Honestly, don't even bother downloading it illegally -- it will only waste the precious space on your computer. Acting? I've seen better acting in high school plays, maybe even elementary plays: each and every line was flat, emotionless and the delivery -- let alone the awful, awful dialogue -- left me literally laughing aloud. And special effects? It was like I was watching a satire of the movie rather than the actual movie. Plot? Full of holes and loose ends before it even made the silver screen, one would think that the screen writer would have patched a few of them up. In conclusion: I left the theatre with bruises on my arms and the words, "Shh, all the pre-teen girls will beat you up if you don't stop laughing" still ringing in my ears. Expand
AngelaHAug 10, 2009
This is without a doubt one of the worst films I have ever seen.
HakeemBAug 9, 2009
This movie is wrong. This is the most ecruciatingly painful and boring vampire or 'romantic' movie ever... I've never seen a vampire fly like superman...they ceased to be vampires when they started 'glowing like This movie is wrong. This is the most ecruciatingly painful and boring vampire or 'romantic' movie ever... I've never seen a vampire fly like superman...they ceased to be vampires when they started 'glowing like diamonds' in the sun and seeing their reflections? That's just BLAH!. Plus the dude doesn't sleep, even in the daytime (though i'm not sure if that's not part of their nature)... would have been a good movie if the vampire characters were written to be some special creatures other than vampires. This is an insult to all vampire movies of all time, even vampire comedies get more props than this crap. Both lovers could have as well just stared at each other for the whole 2 hours of the movie. This movie made me cry. One of those movies that takes away 2 hours of your time.. I wish I could get back the 1 hour 11 mins and 57 secs I wasted, at least I didn't finish it. PLEASE DON'T MAKE A SEQUEL!!! Expand
LilyXJul 30, 2009
Nothing actually happens in this travesty of a film. Gothic romance? You wish! Only 15 yr old girls can find some interest in this boring, banal, undercooked crap with bad acting and laughable dialogues. Oh, at least I laughed out loud in Nothing actually happens in this travesty of a film. Gothic romance? You wish! Only 15 yr old girls can find some interest in this boring, banal, undercooked crap with bad acting and laughable dialogues. Oh, at least I laughed out loud in certain points. Expand
5 of 10 users found this helpful
SeanF.Jul 20, 2009
Just a dreadful, dreadful movie. Vampires playing baseball, flying? Come on, at least stay close to the confines of conventional vampire lore. The movie started off as if it might actually be going somewhere, but never does (anywhere Just a dreadful, dreadful movie. Vampires playing baseball, flying? Come on, at least stay close to the confines of conventional vampire lore. The movie started off as if it might actually be going somewhere, but never does (anywhere interesting at least). Rent one of the Underworld movies instead of watching this. Expand
EnzoP.Jul 16, 2009
Twilight is a very bad movie. While was watching it I felt so weird because every five seconds you see kirsten stewart and robert pattinson staring at each other awkwardly. Just look at the picture on the top of the page. Although it did Twilight is a very bad movie. While was watching it I felt so weird because every five seconds you see kirsten stewart and robert pattinson staring at each other awkwardly. Just look at the picture on the top of the page. Although it did keep my interest through out the movie. Expand
ShaneBJun 17, 2009
Twilight is, quite frankly, a film in which only 16 year old goths will enjoy. While the film does at times have some decent Cinematography, the plot is over exaggerated, the acting is poor, the writing is uninspired and the film at times Twilight is, quite frankly, a film in which only 16 year old goths will enjoy. While the film does at times have some decent Cinematography, the plot is over exaggerated, the acting is poor, the writing is uninspired and the film at times looks just plain ugly, making Twilight, in my opinion, one of the worst films of the year thus far. Expand
KeenanS.Jun 15, 2009
The moment I saw a preview of this film, I knew it was going to suck, but I was still willing to give it a chance, so I went and saw it. Wow, it sure did suck. The film is atrocious and fails to deliver anything that a romance or vampire The moment I saw a preview of this film, I knew it was going to suck, but I was still willing to give it a chance, so I went and saw it. Wow, it sure did suck. The film is atrocious and fails to deliver anything that a romance or vampire film should have. It has boring, 1-dimensional, cardboard characters who have some of the worst acting abilities (Especially the guy who plays Edward) I've ever seen in a film. The dialogue was really bad, thanks to the cliched, hackneyed script. The music soundtrack is horrible, and stands as one of the worst film soundtracks I have ever heard. The CGI effects were utterly appalling, and I've seen better CGI in the 90's. The film also does not meet certain requirements vampire films are supposed to have, such as the fact the vampires sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight. I don't mind if a few things get changed up a bit in a vampire film, but vampires die in sunlight. It's been a requirement for the last few centuries. By the way, whoever says this is the best romance since Romeo and Juliet is an idiot. Expand
ClifCJun 8, 2009
Hey people, get yourself a movie education! This is not even a movie, it's teenagers' fantasies for a guy who has a sex appeal equalling... 0. I gave it a 1 only because I had a good time laughing at it with my friends during the Hey people, get yourself a movie education! This is not even a movie, it's teenagers' fantasies for a guy who has a sex appeal equalling... 0. I gave it a 1 only because I had a good time laughing at it with my friends during the movie. I've rarely seen a movie so bad; oh wait: I already know one... "Twilight 2". There's nothing else to add, my comment is as profound as this movie. Expand
sursJun 1, 2009
The book was great. It may not be a literary jewel but it was an excellent romantic story. I was very disappointed with the movie. Kirsten Stewart can't act to save her life. The movie was not true to the book at all. I for one cannot The book was great. It may not be a literary jewel but it was an excellent romantic story. I was very disappointed with the movie. Kirsten Stewart can't act to save her life. The movie was not true to the book at all. I for one cannot see the cullens riding in public transportation of any kind, even a school bus. The book had so much potential as a movie that I hope someone does a good remake. Expand
NaomiMay 23, 2009
The film is crap rob pattinson is a weirdo. I love the books but the movie was sad and boring .
HannahHMay 17, 2009
This movie is so lame and stupid, with hardly any plot at all. It damages the definition of a vampire!!! Vampires are supposed to be evil creatures who suck human blood. And Edward Cullen?! He "sparkles", DOESN'T drink human blood, and This movie is so lame and stupid, with hardly any plot at all. It damages the definition of a vampire!!! Vampires are supposed to be evil creatures who suck human blood. And Edward Cullen?! He "sparkles", DOESN'T drink human blood, and falls in love with Bella!! Stupid. The only reason some people like this is because of the cheesy romance in it. Expand
LawrenceTMay 5, 2009
This movie was so boring. I hated it and the acting and the directing was lame. Bella asked the same damn question every three seconds. How did you save me? I will give this film a negative review.
DanRMay 1, 2009
I like to think of myself asa movie buf so I decided to give this movie a fair go, I read the book and decided it got a 5 out of 10 because it is not written that well and the same thing goes for this movie. They tried to change a classic I like to think of myself asa movie buf so I decided to give this movie a fair go, I read the book and decided it got a 5 out of 10 because it is not written that well and the same thing goes for this movie. They tried to change a classic horror element, Vampires, like what the remake of dawn of the dead did to zombies but while dawn of the ead was good this failed. Poorly made, little to no prodution values and just a ciomplet lack of what makes a movie good. Expand
DavidJApr 28, 2009
Undoubtedly one of the single worst films ever made. With a thoroughly uninteresting plot and poorly developed characters, this is an insult to what was actually not a bad book. At least that had some good points. You could go and see this, Undoubtedly one of the single worst films ever made. With a thoroughly uninteresting plot and poorly developed characters, this is an insult to what was actually not a bad book. At least that had some good points. You could go and see this, or you could......well there are too many better thing to list. Expand
AntônioEApr 13, 2009
Absolutely crap, I don't know why I'm still wasting my time on this kind of american movies, it's so pathetic, it is boring from the beggining until the end, I have wait to see what could be happen but nothing happens. The Absolutely crap, I don't know why I'm still wasting my time on this kind of american movies, it's so pathetic, it is boring from the beggining until the end, I have wait to see what could be happen but nothing happens. The only thing that worth is in the radiohead song in the final credits. It's defenely the worse movie that I ever seen in a few years, it's worse than "The Spirit" also a great piece of sh*t. Expand
RayS.Apr 8, 2009
This movie was almost painful to watch. I passion, what passion, and the characters were DULL DULL DULL. There was no chemistry only angst or depression. The only thing decent was the soundtrack that is why I gave it at 1 at least. So disappointing.
wesleymApr 4, 2009
My I.Q. dropped from watching this pointless movie. Horrible story line and effects. This movie was no doubt the worst creation ever to curse this planet.
dereksApr 4, 2009
By far the worst movie ever made in the history of mankind. Biggest waste of 2 hours ever created.
MoebiusApr 3, 2009
Holy... Well, let's stop on this. I haven't seen a Movie! It was just a set of separate (and often ridiculous) scenes, not linked together at all! It's a complete waste of time, money and nerves! Even visuals more like chinese Holy... Well, let's stop on this. I haven't seen a Movie! It was just a set of separate (and often ridiculous) scenes, not linked together at all! It's a complete waste of time, money and nerves! Even visuals more like chinese action-movies with all those "rope-jumping"! What's this?! I hate it. Really. P.S. Girls, who watched "this" with me, wasn't excited too. Who needs movies like this, then? Expand
IvanG.Mar 29, 2009
Mainstream crap churned out to please people of ages... well, it wasn't really made for anyone- just people stupid enough to be convinced by a mormon that "vampires are perfectly normal people" or that a vampire doesn't drink blood Mainstream crap churned out to please people of ages... well, it wasn't really made for anyone- just people stupid enough to be convinced by a mormon that "vampires are perfectly normal people" or that a vampire doesn't drink blood or kill, it just has glitter skin in the sun... If you went to see this film, consider yourself on a warning. Expand
RyanM.Mar 26, 2009
Ridiculous. Sappy. Like a bad MTV video or after school special. Really geared for teenage girls.
LeighWMar 25, 2009
Ridiculously bad. I mean, sure, people are bound to like this movie, especially the insane Twilight fanatics who are blinded with their own obsession with the books. I think my favorite part of the movie was probably all the special effects. Ridiculously bad. I mean, sure, people are bound to like this movie, especially the insane Twilight fanatics who are blinded with their own obsession with the books. I think my favorite part of the movie was probably all the special effects. I literally couldn't stop myself from laughing. Not only were the effects disappointing, but the acting as well. You with think with such a cult following, they would attempt to find some decent actors. The girl who plays Bella couldn't be more mediocre, and Edward...well at least he has his looks and white makeup to support him through life. Let's just say I'm not a fan. Expand
NateK.Mar 24, 2009
I read the book and saw the movie, but it wasn't that great. The book wasn't the best, and had some major flaws, and the movie adaptation was absolutely horrendous. Not only did it have terrible special effects, the actors were I read the book and saw the movie, but it wasn't that great. The book wasn't the best, and had some major flaws, and the movie adaptation was absolutely horrendous. Not only did it have terrible special effects, the actors were disappointing in their performances. Perhaps the second movie will be better, but not by much. Expand
RichardA.Mar 23, 2009
I believe this movie marks the death of the Bramstoker vampire and the nosferatu in general. The chemistry between characters is awkward and plastic, the story line is simple, and judging by the books fan base, one of whom was quoted as I believe this movie marks the death of the Bramstoker vampire and the nosferatu in general. The chemistry between characters is awkward and plastic, the story line is simple, and judging by the books fan base, one of whom was quoted as saying "I like the books but these reading things is hard", it's good the story line is simple otherwise it'd lose them too quickly. A sick twisted affair based on a half hearted book, compared to Romeo and Julliet by what I seriously hope are the worst trolls in the history of the internet. Expand
roberts.Mar 22, 2009
Just an awful, awful movie. It's clear that if you don't fall within the 12-16 teen girl range that this movie targets you won't find it at all entertaining or bearable. I had to stop watching half way through.