4.9

1. Carin
    Nov 24, 2008
    I loved this book, but I went into the movie with low expectations because of the previews.
    Alas, it didn't even live up to those low expectations. This really is the worst movie I have ever seen. Now I haven't seen Plan 9 from Outer Space, so it may not be the worst movie ever made, but it's pretty close.
  2. an
    Dec 12, 2008
    I loved the book because it was oddly addictive (although the writing was nothing spectacular) but expected the movie to be absolutely terrible, especially after seeing the trailers. The acting was horrendous, and my friend and I were laughing the entire time at their interpretations of the book. Probably the worst movie I've ever seen, Absolutely devoted fans of the book that think I loved the book because it was oddly addictive (although the writing was nothing spectacular) but expected the movie to be absolutely terrible, especially after seeing the trailers. The acting was horrendous, and my friend and I were laughing the entire time at their interpretations of the book. Probably the worst movie I've ever seen, Absolutely devoted fans of the book that think this movie is actually good are in denial. Expand
  3. SarahK.
    Dec 8, 2008
    This has to be one of the worst teen lip flicks I've ever been forced to watch. I am sorry I let my sister drag me to this. I made the mistake of reading Stephanie Meyer's writing before, and I won't make the mistake of seeing any more of her movies.
  4. Monica
    Nov 23, 2009
    Am I mistaken, or did I just read comparisons to "Romeo and Juliet" and "Lost Boys." Are some of you daft or just mentally challenged? OR can you at least admit that you were never able to grasp the world-renown play or cinematic classic and got a "C" in your High School literature classes. Holy Hell, how aggravating it is that some of you represent the United States in critical thinking.
  5. Jacob
    Nov 30, 2009
    What a waste of my time. Bella is a weak, shallow woman in an imbalanced relationship. Edward (if he wasnt "hot" would be seen as a creepy, geriatric pedofile and a stalker. The "vampires" are so unvampiric its just sad that Meyers is allowed to even use the term for her creatures. Lots of boring angsty staring and laughable dialog. Give this a miss.
  6. JohnT.
    Oct 14, 2009
    The fact that this movie is being compared to Romeo and Juliet in any context other than to exemplify everything that is wrong with Twilight is a sign our culture is slowly dying. The series was a horrible, pathetic creation vulgarly posturing as a romance, luring young girls and disillusioned middle-aged women (and men) into its abominable bosom, whispering false promises of eternal love The fact that this movie is being compared to Romeo and Juliet in any context other than to exemplify everything that is wrong with Twilight is a sign our culture is slowly dying. The series was a horrible, pathetic creation vulgarly posturing as a romance, luring young girls and disillusioned middle-aged women (and men) into its abominable bosom, whispering false promises of eternal love and devotion. Expand
  7. Tizzy
    Dec 26, 2009
    The acting; terrible. The writing; terrible. The cinematography; terrible. The directing; terrible. Though, working off of a misogynistic, glittering, terribly written, encyclopedia slap happy, no character development (Except when Bella's monster baby bursts out of the womb and the only way for her to survive is to be turned into a vampire, which then she becomes automatically The acting; terrible. The writing; terrible. The cinematography; terrible. The directing; terrible. Though, working off of a misogynistic, glittering, terribly written, encyclopedia slap happy, no character development (Except when Bella's monster baby bursts out of the womb and the only way for her to survive is to be turned into a vampire, which then she becomes automatically perfect and beautiful. That's the only time she changes, which is in the last book) teen pleasure novel, it's gonna be bad either way. And no good director in their right mind would direct such a terrible series. I'd find it funny if a good director like David Lynch or Woody Allen would direct this. Quite humorous, indeed. Expand
  8. HannahH
    May 17, 2009
    This movie is so lame and stupid, with hardly any plot at all. It damages the definition of a vampire!!! Vampires are supposed to be evil creatures who suck human blood. And Edward Cullen?! He "sparkles", DOESN'T drink human blood, and falls in love with Bella!! Stupid. The only reason some people like this is because of the cheesy romance in it.
  9. MikeR.
    Nov 21, 2008
    It seemed half the audience in the theater had already read the book and had already made up their minds--the rest of us came to mock it. Between the awful score, makeup, special effects, dialogue and (the worst of all) directing, there was no shortage of opportunities to laugh out loud (and everyone did) during what I assume should have been dramatic sequences. Maybe this will appeal to It seemed half the audience in the theater had already read the book and had already made up their minds--the rest of us came to mock it. Between the awful score, makeup, special effects, dialogue and (the worst of all) directing, there was no shortage of opportunities to laugh out loud (and everyone did) during what I assume should have been dramatic sequences. Maybe this will appeal to die-hard fans of the book, but certainly not anyone who appreciates any kind of coherent cinematography or character depth. I can say with a high degree of certainty that we won't see another movie this bad for a very long time. Expand
  10. fhallo
    Nov 22, 2008
    People tell either it's the best movie ever made, others say it's one of the worst. And for those ones who hate it usually tell me they'd rather watch 'Eragaon', (that crappy book adaptation of the excellent bestseller). I thought that was a joke. I was laughing up to the point of seeing Twilight Saturday afternoon with my friends. IT"S AWFUL! Don't seePeople tell either it's the best movie ever made, others say it's one of the worst. And for those ones who hate it usually tell me they'd rather watch 'Eragaon', (that crappy book adaptation of the excellent bestseller). I thought that was a joke. I was laughing up to the point of seeing Twilight Saturday afternoon with my friends. IT"S AWFUL! Don't see it! Don't waste your time or money on it, I am going to regret seeing this for the rest of my life. yes, it is AMAZINGY OVERRATED! And so bad, and 2 times worse than Eragon. Believe me, if you plan on seeing this, if your a fan, plan on walking out in tears, for those who don't care, you will have a grudge against Twilight forever. Expand
  11. Connor
    Nov 22, 2008
    Absolute garbage...

It's nearly impossible to relate to ANY of the main characters, they screwed up the entire vampire concept, and the female lead is dumb as a sack of bricks. Not only that, but their relationship did nothing for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm normally a sucker for this kind of thing, but this movie just left me with a feeling of disgust.
  12. BenM.
    Nov 29, 2008
    this movie is nothing more than Hollywood cashing in on a book that did nothing more than put some generic teenage girls wet dream on paper. it was thrown together, sloppy, and is getting a score far exceeding what it deserves because there are thousands of 14 year old girls who sat at their computers for days looking for anywhere and everywhere they could squeal about how "Edward is the this movie is nothing more than Hollywood cashing in on a book that did nothing more than put some generic teenage girls wet dream on paper. it was thrown together, sloppy, and is getting a score far exceeding what it deserves because there are thousands of 14 year old girls who sat at their computers for days looking for anywhere and everywhere they could squeal about how "Edward is the only real guy left" (a notion I shouldn't even have to point out as a contender for the stupidest thing ever said), etc. and have given it 10's even while admitting it was not as good as they had hoped. and so, even if it is a harsher rating than it perhaps deserves, no matter how bad it is, I plant myself as a counter balance against all the brainless, fad crazed votes this movie has received. Expand
  13. AlexH.
    Dec 28, 2008
    Of couse, if you're a fan of the book, you are most likely going to enjoy the movie adaptation of what is, in my opinion, one of the worst movies of the year. I decided to watch the movie for a few laughs but in the end, I regretted it. The whole series in general dulls the name of vampires because vampires don't go out in the day and vampires suck humans' blood. The Of couse, if you're a fan of the book, you are most likely going to enjoy the movie adaptation of what is, in my opinion, one of the worst movies of the year. I decided to watch the movie for a few laughs but in the end, I regretted it. The whole series in general dulls the name of vampires because vampires don't go out in the day and vampires suck humans' blood. The dialouge is poor and the characters have absolutely no background. Bella doesn't even do or say things that a normal person would do. I can't find one good reason why teen fangirls that drool over Edward call this romantic. The romance in the movie is dull and is only normal high school life, something many believe to happen to very few people. It's hard to even watch a movie when the main character is the most annoying character. This piece of garbage recieves far more praise than it deserves and is a sorry excuse for "an epic romance". Expand
  14. Jan 24, 2011
    God, this movie is awful The acting is horrendous, the dialouge is terrible, the characters are underdeveloped, the directing is lazy, and anything I forgot to mention sucks too.
  15. Aug 27, 2010
    The acting is terrible, the movie's stupid and for me the movie is just targeted for tweens. I'm also tired of this vampire sh**. Kristin Stewart barely has any emotions and she was way better in Adventureland. Every vampire aren't really vampire's! What I mean is that the vampires aren't sucking any blood, they sparkle in the sun and I'm glad there's a movie parodying this crap.
  16. Oct 4, 2010
    I hated the book, and the movie was no better than the book. I wish this series never existed at all. A vampire that shines? Seriously? What has the world come to?
  17. Sep 27, 2010
    this movie sucks!!! there's nothing good about this movie. i don't know what the **** people like this dumb movie. Only little girls watch stupid movies like twilight
  18. Oct 13, 2010
    Do you enjoy deeply terrible movies with gaping plot holes, a horribly bland cast, an uninterresting premise and excruciatingly horrible writing? Then look no further than Twilight. Vampires shining has just earned Stephanie Meyer a place in hell. And the romance? Pah! Bella and Edward have as much chemistry as a rapist and his victim.
  19. Feb 24, 2011
    Worst dramatic/romantic movie I ever seen in my life. Kristen Stewart can't act for **** and everyone who tries to act is stupid and the concept of vampires being in daylight is dumb. Vampires are supposed to kill people not fall in love with them.
  20. Jul 20, 2011
    One of the worst films ever made. Without a shadow of a doubt. Not only is it dull, pretentious and boring, it has some very wooden acting and poor dialogue. It makes you cringe at the fact that four more installments are on their way...
  21. Jul 27, 2011
    The fact that this film was even thought of by Paramount is a mystery to me. The film for me is so offtrack and boring that I can't understand why they accepted another 3 movies. A film about vampires will never be successful, but when they throw romance along side this rubbish and a hint of comedy, it's just a disaster and a waste of money. I feel sorry for the actors whose careers haveThe fact that this film was even thought of by Paramount is a mystery to me. The film for me is so offtrack and boring that I can't understand why they accepted another 3 movies. A film about vampires will never be successful, but when they throw romance along side this rubbish and a hint of comedy, it's just a disaster and a waste of money. I feel sorry for the actors whose careers have been ruined by this utter drivel. Dreadful 0/10 Expand
  22. Sep 9, 2011
    This was the most boring film ever i sat through. I wonder why they took "actors" for this "vampire-movie". A non bloodsucking vampire is as much a vampire as a potato. In a film with non bloodsucking potatoes they could have saved on the budget though.
  23. Mar 4, 2012
    My wife has made me sit through all of these films. I feel cheated that i will never get those hours of my life back. Don't worry though, I made her sit through the alien films followed by Die Hard 1&2&3&4. that'll teach her!!!
  24. Dec 16, 2011
    This film doesn't even deserve a 1. If you want to see a vampire film, look out for Underworld or Bram Stokers Dracula. Not these teen romances which have stolen everything from every other vampire film or book and made it 'teen friendly' by removing blood. Hello, that's why teens live!
  25. Jun 26, 2012
    terrible movie, terrible book, this series has officially killed the vampire genre, before this if you said vampire romance, you'd sound crazy, and in my opinion, it still sounds crazy. there 2 different things, vampire, a horror idea, and romance, some lovey dovie move. they don't fit together. another reason i don't like this movie is because it killed the idea of a vampire horror. everterrible movie, terrible book, this series has officially killed the vampire genre, before this if you said vampire romance, you'd sound crazy, and in my opinion, it still sounds crazy. there 2 different things, vampire, a horror idea, and romance, some lovey dovie move. they don't fit together. another reason i don't like this movie is because it killed the idea of a vampire horror. ever since the original book was made, there has been nothing in the vampire genre besides vampire romances. and any movie that doesn't have them as a part of some relation ship puts them as a small, weak sub enemy. there is no Dracula-like vampires any more. so, in short what im saying is, thanks a lot twilight, i hate you Expand
  26. ETV
    Apr 26, 2012
    It's movies like this that give Vampires a bad name and plus who gives Meyer the right to rewrite vampire history.... Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Can't wait until the final film and people can forgot about it.
  27. Apr 27, 2012
    Only the moronic fan-girls would like this **** excuse of a vampire film via "Twilight." The only thing they worry about is loving that **** slutty excuse for a woman Bella and continue on sucking on Edward's dick. This should be called **** and the sequels should also called: **** Saga: Failing ever harder then 10,000 BC. At least 10k BC can do a better job then this waste of money.
  28. May 17, 2012
    I never see the worst cast. I read books( Twilight). I love that story, but when I see this film, I hate this film a see first 50 min. and I lost 50 min. of my life.
  29. Jun 27, 2012
    My big deal with this movie is that look so cheap, is so amateur... Special mention for the Kristen Stweart and Robert Pattinson, they are very good at sucking acting. And overall is so boring... plane
  30. Jun 18, 2015
    I've had mosquito bites that were more passionate than this undead and unrequited pseudo-romantic riff on Romeo and Juliet. He's a 100-year-old albino who likes classical music and deer blood. She's a quiet teen from a broken home who likes sweaters, ballet and alone time yet director Hardwicke obviously believes that romantic chemistry is composed of nothing more than two hours worth ofI've had mosquito bites that were more passionate than this undead and unrequited pseudo-romantic riff on Romeo and Juliet. He's a 100-year-old albino who likes classical music and deer blood. She's a quiet teen from a broken home who likes sweaters, ballet and alone time yet director Hardwicke obviously believes that romantic chemistry is composed of nothing more than two hours worth of smoldering glances. Expand
  31. Nov 26, 2012
    Oh God why? This movie is pathetic from start to finish. It's obvious that there's no artistic value involved in this and it was just made to make money but did it really have to be this bad?
  32. Jul 8, 2013
    The bullsh*t that started 4 more years, and of course, 5 more "films" that caused distress and mental pain to many. Twilight is the reason people consistently complain that Hollywood is all Vampires and Zombies.
  33. Apr 14, 2013
    This movie I simply awful.
    The worst performance I've ever seen. Specially when two of them are talking.
    If I could I would ask Stephenie Meyer that does she even know what a vampire is?
    It's a shame...
  34. Jun 5, 2013
    Unfortunetly, I cannot use any offensive words that would directly insult the makers of this movie, so I will sugar coat this to the best of my ability. This film is Sublimely Horrible and Intentionally Tasteless. Read between the lines. All this movie proves is how to date a vampire. I mean come on now, when will that happen in life?
  35. Oct 5, 2013
    can this chic twitch anymore? she looks like a crack addict in need of another "fix!" should've went with a better main character. Horrible cliche of a movie. I never even finished watching the flick....waste of time!!!
  36. Jun 7, 2014
    This is for every twilight film-Oh my gosh...no..no..no I was force to see this and all the others with my sister and....holy crap this ruined vampires for me... You got Tweens wanting to have a vampire boyfriend because they see this...this was horrible I wanted to put myself out of my misery sitting through this crap...I mean it really ruined vampires for our modern time no one remembersThis is for every twilight film-Oh my gosh...no..no..no I was force to see this and all the others with my sister and....holy crap this ruined vampires for me... You got Tweens wanting to have a vampire boyfriend because they see this...this was horrible I wanted to put myself out of my misery sitting through this crap...I mean it really ruined vampires for our modern time no one remembers Count Dracula (originated from the real Vlad Dracula Tepes better known as Vlad the impaler 1431-1476 The prince of wallachia)...the person that wrote the stupid books made Romania's darkest icon of the classic vampire into a gushy tween romance crap... I was hoping since the "actors" do t deserve to be called actors, the story was a snore, amd envy thing else made me want to puke. Vampire don't sparkle when in the sun they burst into flame and die turning into ashes. They don't show mercy to other humans for their extreme thirst makes them the feared killers that can swallow your soul leaving your corpse a bloodthirsty minion of the count.....I wish the series died when the first film was released this isn't a "vampire" film it's a crappy made tween love story that made every girl in my 5th grade class want a vampire lover...I feel very bad for the unfortunate people that were dragged to this distasteful thing Expand
  37. May 24, 2014
    This movie was extremely horrible, all the Twilight movies are extremely horrible. I never understood how a movie full of Werewolves and Vampires could be so awful but it is. The only movie worse than this one is X-Men: First Class.
  38. Jul 21, 2014
    This is film is realy boring and for making it even more boring and unwatchable they put in it millions minute of stares! You want him to be horror but it makes you "laugh instead! Dialogue is like this i love you! Me too! Great! "
  39. Dec 20, 2014
    Should I even write a review about "Twilight"? If I should, it will be only to low the score of the movie a little bit.
    Stephanie Mayer's novel is almost as killing as it's adaptation, but the movie takes it to a whole different level. Horrible casting, awful screenplay, ghastly directing and a terrible production. Just saying...

Twilight will mesmerize its target audience, 16-year-old girls and their grandmothers. Their mothers know all too much about boys like this.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A disappointingly anemic tale of forbidden love that should satiate the pre-converted but will bewilder and underwhelm viewers who haven't devoured Stephenie Meyer's bestselling juvie chick-lit franchise.
  3. Reviewed by: Chuck Wilson
    In the 17-million-copy land of "Twilight," the calling card isn't blood and fangs, but the exquisite, shimmering quiver of unconsummated first love. By that measure, the movie version gives really good swoon.