- Starring: Billy Burke, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson
- Summary: Bella Swan has always been a little bit different, never caring about fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix high school. When her mother re-marries and sends Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she doesn't expect much of anything to change. Then she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen, a boy unlike any she's ever met. Edward is a vampire, but he doesn't have fangs and his family is unique in that they choose not to drink human blood. Intelligent and witty, Edward sees straight into Bella's soul. Soon, they are swept up in a passionate, thrilling and unorthodox romance. To Edward, Bella is what he has waited 90 years for - a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. But what will Edward & Bella do when a clan of new vampires comes to town and threaten to disrupt their way of life? (Summit Entertainment)… Expand
- Director: Catherine Hardwicke
- Genre(s): Drama, Thriller, Fantasy, Romance
- More Details and Credits »
JasperC10For all of you that gave 1's and 2's i have to say one thing you guys are totally dumb. This is one of the best romantic movies since Romeo and Juliet. I loved Twilight , cant wait til New Moon hits the big screen.… Expand
AmberS8I read the book because of how much I loved the movie! The only reason that I gave it an eight is because the film didn't have enough budgeting for better visual effects. I think that it is sad that we live in a world where even our fictional characters are stereotyped. Just because someone a long time ago said that vampires are supposed to brun in sunlight and can only live off human blood then no one else's idea of a vampire is acceptable now? I guess all aliens are supposed to be green with black eyes and big heads too. Well there goes all the alien movies ever made. The point was to be different and not copy everyone else's ideas. You don't have to like the movie, but at least give some respect to the writer for stepping outside the box.… Expand
"You give love a bad name"-Bon Jovi "You give vampires a bad name"-Twilight.Even though I enjoyed the love story and the music of this movie there were so many things that got to my nerves.Kristen Stewart's act would manage to take great reviews if the movie was about zombies and she was one of them.Same face in the whole movie.Also at some parts I thought that Edward was doing swarovski and vegan commercials.Great love story,awful details on the vampires.5/10… Collapse
The tweenage vampire romance movie "Twilight" is one of the worst horror romance films I've seen in years. The actors are all wooden and incoherent in their role, presenting themselves like noobs who memorize the verses word by word with no meaning or emphasis to it. The story contains the cheesiest dialogue made up of "I love you. (Stare) (kiss) Let's be together" and other kinds of disgusting crap (Vampires....sparkle?). Most importantly, the movie has no in-depth; the character development is incomplete and baffling as well, resulting to a general "whatever" pace of the movie. Oh, and Kristen Stewart? She is one **** spoiled brat we've got there. Overall, like Justin Bieber, "Twilight"'s a fad movie that will attract many teenage romance geeks but repel professional movie critics.
PS: What the **** is wrong with Robert Pattinson? Why is he so white? Somebody give him some blood or something!… Expand
Published: July 17, 2010Even in a year where the directing Oscar went to a woman for the first time, female filmmakers still don't receive the recognition that their male counterparts do. We look at the top women directors and their films, including the two best-reviewed live-action films of the summer.