7.8

1. j30
    Aug 13, 2011
    Really disappointed in this film. I felt like nothing was answered from the television series. Maybe if they had a directors cut I'd check it out. The television series of Twin Peaks, you're so engaged in Laura Palmer and the town around her, but after watching the film I could really care less. It feels really uneven, like they really didn't know where to go with it. David Lynch is an amazing director, I love the dreamy sequences and some of the melodrama in his work. However, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me feels like a rough draft. Expand

1. Judged by the standards of ordinary filmmaking, it's as strange, suggestive, and surreal as other Lynch pictures have been. Judged by the standards of Lynch's own career, however, it's amazingly stale and second-hand… [and] contains not a single moment of genuinely felt emotion. [1 Sept 1992]
  2. A two- hour-plus surrealistic bummer - it makes the audience feel as if it is coming down from a virulent drug. (The pacing, the images, the music and the endemic menace recall clinical descriptions of cocaine-induced paranoia.)...A disgusting, misanthropic movie.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Snyder
    It's all rather haphazard, and fans will wait in vain for Sheriff Harry S Truman, rich girl sexbomb Audrey Horne and the rest, or for more Cooper. Brief bits that avid viewers can understand will render the film incomprehensible to the new viewer. [29 Aug 1992]