6.8

1. Oct 8, 2014
    Its an okay movie with good special effects. The ending is amazing, but I don't understand how they made it without a scratch! Again, the effects are amazing, and I'll watch again!
  2. Sep 1, 2014
    A great, thrilling piece of film--and the only one of its kind. Films surrounding natural disasters come and go each year, but you'll find yourself always comparing those to Twister. Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton at their best!
  3. Apr 23, 2014
    One of my personal favorites, Twister wows us with it's special effects and great CGI. Yeah, the ending might be a little cheesy, but what do you expect, it's Hollywood! Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt have great chemistry, and the addition of the late Philip Seymour Hoffman in one of his funniest roles make this movie.
  4. Jan 9, 2014
    Twister, though it does have decent acting and good intentions, is a completely ignorant movie that makes little to no sense throughout. Though the special effects are good (considering the time it came out), the implementation of these effects are completely ridiculous, making me feel like I am watch a terrible z-movie rather than a serious drama. Also, multiple characters (the mainTwister, though it does have decent acting and good intentions, is a completely ignorant movie that makes little to no sense throughout. Though the special effects are good (considering the time it came out), the implementation of these effects are completely ridiculous, making me feel like I am watch a terrible z-movie rather than a serious drama. Also, multiple characters (the main characters included) are supposed to be intelligent weather experts, yet they act on multiple occasions like idiots and make decisions that only common sense would tell anyone are not smart. Finally, the use of a tornado as a monster like Jason or Michael Myers does not help their cause at all. A tornado is not some serial killer trying to murder people, it is a product of nature that has no complicity to act sadistically. All together, these aspects made Twister nearly unbearable, and only the acting (which, as I said, is not bad) kept me able to watch this movie to its conclusion. Expand
  5. May 31, 2013
    The film's special effects are effective, even thrilling, but after a while you start to ask yourself why, with all the debris flying through the air, does hardly anybody even get a scratch? And it does seem a rather cynical movie ploy to posit a series of increasingly violent tornadoes as backdrop to a rather perfunctory marriage reconciliation. Executive produced by Steven Spielberg, andThe film's special effects are effective, even thrilling, but after a while you start to ask yourself why, with all the debris flying through the air, does hardly anybody even get a scratch? And it does seem a rather cynical movie ploy to posit a series of increasingly violent tornadoes as backdrop to a rather perfunctory marriage reconciliation. Executive produced by Steven Spielberg, and it shows it. But it is a welcome change to build a movie around "scientists" as heroes, and even throw in a rival scientific group (the corporate sell-outs) as the bad guys. Expand
  6. Dec 23, 2012
    Lots of cliches and suffers from deus ex machina, the only thing that i found enjoyable about this movie is it's special effects, which were great for it's time, other than that, not recommended.
  7. Apr 24, 2012
    May well be the best film ever made, everything about it is amazing you love storms or tornadoes then twister is for you! also the special effects in this film are superb outstanding and still show up well today despite the film being made in 1996
  8. j30
    Jan 26, 2012
    Aw the good old Jan de Bont days filed with good special effects and well not much else. First Speed (pretty awesome), then Twister (pretty OK), then Speed: Cruise Control (oh God no), then The Haunting (make it stop!), then finally Lara Croft (I've lost faith in humanity). That pretty much sums it up right there.
  9. Aug 28, 2011
    Cut out the special effects in this movie and your left with actors who give the most annoying performances of their careers and a preposterously ridiculous predictable plot. This movie may be watchable but people who say its good need to get their heads checked. Twister is mediocre save for the special effects. Pass.
  10. Oct 27, 2010
    why won't we let God's hand piss us off with a lot of incredible movies including this one. Twister is a neat movie with very rad visuals and very hilarious acting.

1. Perhaps the greatest compliment that can be paid to the rush of raw excitement "Twister" creates is that it makes it possible to ignore the painful awkwardness of the film's expository sequences and thudding dialogue of the "OK, boss lady, hold your horses" variety.
  2. Twister is full of marvelous special effects. The story exists only to provide some respite between those marvels, like dialogue in an opera full of terrific arias. [10 June 1996, p.24]
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    A summer crowd-pleaser worthy of its wind.