Tyler Perry's Temptation

2.7

1. Apr 8, 2013
    The main plot for this movie is entertaining enough. The subplots though are distracting and nonsensical. I am not shocked that this started out as a play. The one dimensional over the top supporting characters go good on a live stage where you have to have them keep the audiences looking. In a movie though it just makes you wonder what the director was thinking. I am a big Tyler Perry fanThe main plot for this movie is entertaining enough. The subplots though are distracting and nonsensical. I am not shocked that this started out as a play. The one dimensional over the top supporting characters go good on a live stage where you have to have them keep the audiences looking. In a movie though it just makes you wonder what the director was thinking. I am a big Tyler Perry fan and usually love the dramas he creates. This one though is sub par. I would pass for one of his quality DVD releases he has on the shelf. Expand
  2. Jun 3, 2013
    the movie was ok, it was pretty herd to see though, and well its hard to belive that that could happen to anyone. i also liked seeing kim kardashian, she should be in more movies. i really dont think it was that bad.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Sobczynski
    Jun 11, 2013
    The film is flat-out ludicrous from beginning to end.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Apr 3, 2013
    Apart from its dramatic predictability, Temptation is a snooze because of its languid pacing and rudimentary camerawork.
  3. Reviewed by: Zachary Wigon
    Apr 2, 2013
    Temptation’s refusal to find nuance in its didactic worldview ensures that the film will ultimately only succeed for audiences already in agreement with it.