2.8

1. Nov 21, 2014
    yes some Tyler Perry films are powerful like Good Deeds and some are funny like Madea, But over all i hate his comedy also some of his movies were a huge FAIL. All directors make the same movies of obsession , there is sex drama and rage but this is not a not a horror movie it's perry's next drama movie, which sucks Perry Black a-fies everything in his movies he adds humor quotes to characters line and it's not funny. Temptation is Not a feeling of power it is not sexy it's not romantic , but it was a little bit powerful acting? Yes there was something good about this movie Brandie's performance. Writer/Director ( Perry) tries so hard to make a romantic comedy I am not sure he understand LIFE, He does not try so hard to make a movie why does Lionsgate support his movies? I don't know ......... Lionsgate has something better to produce movies. Grade D+ Expand
  2. Apr 1, 2014
    An absolute nightmare of a movie. I felt no emotion towards the characters, plot, or anything related to the movie at all. It tries hard to be a deep relationship style drama, but the way it ends just feels so pointless. What's the message here? Is it for men to treat women better and not take them for granted? Is it a warning for women not to cheat on their spouses? Or is it a look at how it can be hard to keep the fire in a relationship? To be honest it feels like all of these and yet at the same time none of these.

I found the majority of the acting here to be pretty bad, which is made worse by the fact that I found no reason to like any of these characters anyway. Each scene feels lifeless and hollow. The way christianity and religion in general is displayed here is truly awful and serves no purpose other than give both a worse name than they already have thanks to the way the religious characters are portrayed as nut jobs who have no passion in regards to any aspect of life. There's overall just a really sleazy feeling to the whole thing. When the movie tries to tackle the more serious, mature, and dark aspects of the story, it does so is such a goofy, immature, and predictable manner that I no way could take any of it seriously at all.

All of the negative reception you see from the critics and other users on here is truly well deserved. Tyler Perry should just stick to his "Madea" comedies in the future and leave the drama to people who better know how to handle it. Do yourself a favor and avoid this one no matter how big of a Tyler Perry fan you are. I give it a 2.1/10-Awful.
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    3/3/2014 Tyler Perry proves yet again that he is a good writer. The only negative comment I would have in this film is Kim Kardasian. Why on earth he would choose such a poor excuse for a human to act in one of his films is beyond me. She brought the movie down. I liked how he described in detail, the unsuccessful relationships between couples, and how complacency and greed can lead to infidelity. Also that what looks so good can be so very different once you have jumped in with both feet.....noting the grass isn't greener the other side. I was interested the whole way through and it kept my attention and I was excited to see what would happen next. I thought it was entertaining and interesting and like the fact that it portrayed how women can fall into the same trap that men do. It showed how cheating can sometimes lead to a life changing decision, in more ways than one. However if you are part of the Hollywood scene and/or don't give a rip about values, I could see how it wouldn't be a movie for you. Expand
  4. Nov 4, 2013
    This movie was really boring at the beginning to be honest but then.. that last half hour.... WOW!!! yes, the triple exclamation mark. The plot twist and how the climax rose oh my god just unbelievable and i loved the ending even though everyone criticized it.. it was a sad ending which is what i practically loved all about it. I think critics watched the movie half way there then judged it. I strongly think they didn't watch the whole movie anyway i highly recommend it for people who like dramas! Expand
  5. Oct 25, 2013
    acted badly misdirected a story predictable and slow the temptation to tyler perry is a path that leads to nowhere or the divercion far the concern which should be the goal of a movie like this
  6. Aug 15, 2013
    I was really surprised to see the low scores on this movie--so much so that I avoided it at the theatre. After watching at home, I found the story alone is worth an 8. Tyler Perry has consistently shown that his dramas are well-written and thought out. The reviews stating "this is not Madea" do a disservice to the fact this movie was never intended to be. It's also not a predictable relationship flick. A few twists and turns make it worth the watch. I usually am in agreement with most of the movies reviewed on Metacritic, but the current score for Temptation is waay off the mark. Expand
  7. Jul 16, 2013
    Tyler Perry proves that he can jump between genres easily, he can describe in detail, the unsuccessful relationships between couples, and what can greed do to a human being or to love, and that grass isn't always greener the other side. As for the movie's execution, it wasn't as bad as it was said to be. The acting is not bad it is above mediocre, but not excellent, they could have used more feelings though. As a movie it was surprisingly entertaining and interesting, I was interested the whole way through and excited to see what would happen next. Temptation is not usually the movie that would entertain everyone, but if you see the content of this movie, it is impressing and usually new, cheating is an important issue to talk about, it deals with the dark side of the human being, it deals with what every woman wants, and in a dark stylish way, it makes it one of the most important movies of the year. Expand
  8. Jul 12, 2013
    This is by far Tyler Perry's worst movie ever. I think he needs to get away from these certain plots and stick to Madea and the funny movies. If I were to give this movie a grade, it would be an F! It was horrible!
  9. Jun 3, 2013
    the movie was ok, it was pretty herd to see though, and well its hard to belive that that could happen to anyone. i also liked seeing kim kardashian, she should be in more movies. i really dont think it was that bad.
  10. Apr 10, 2013
    The storyline of the movie was applicable to what people go thru on a daily basis. This movie shouldn't be over analyzed its pretty much what you see is what you get. A movie that a person can relate to is a good movie in my world. Too many critics talk about the cinematography of the film, who cares about the skylines, odd view points, etc let us just focus on the story and the message of the movie. The movie was entertaining and a good film. Go see it and enjoy the story. All things that glitter may just be an illusion, don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors. Collapse
  11. Apr 8, 2013
    The main plot for this movie is entertaining enough. The subplots though are distracting and nonsensical. I am not shocked that this started out as a play. The one dimensional over the top supporting characters go good on a live stage where you have to have them keep the audiences looking. In a movie though it just makes you wonder what the director was thinking. I am a big Tyler Perry fan and usually love the dramas he creates. This one though is sub par. I would pass for one of his quality DVD releases he has on the shelf. Expand
  12. Apr 2, 2013
    I went into this movie with an open mind! I didn't even have to buy the ticket! And I sure wasn't pressed for time. I had nothing to lose with getting even the slightest bit of enjoyment from this film. I'm pretty certain that even the most mediocre slurry of a movie could have entertained me enough to simply shrug and say "whatever" and I would have been fine with that.
    Sadly... No...

What I got in return was a lasting nightmare that won't ever go away. I am prohibited, by law, from filing any formal charges for what I believe to be psychological torment and/or aggravated assault.

WARNING: TOXIC!
    NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION!
    IF MOVIE COMES INTO CONTACT WITH EYES, RINSE THOROUGHLY AND IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT YOUR NEAREST POISON CONTROL CENTER!
  13. Mar 31, 2013
    Thanks a lot Tyler Perry for making a sarcastic waste of 1 1/2 minutes of seeing Kim Kardashian cheats with every celebrity she has (Kris Humphries, for example). If Tyler doesn't make a good and improve dramatic non-Madea "Young and the Restless"-like movie, then I will never ever gonna see a Tyler Perry movie ever again. I am pissed, the critics are pissed, so does the fans. Temptation is by far the worst Tyler Perry movie of 2013. Bar none. Expand
  14. Mar 30, 2013
    Tyler Perry is not Tyler Perry even for the pathetic director Tyler Perry already is. This film was so hard to watch not because it tryed to sentimental but because it wasn't put together well. Tyler Perry's fault all around. Maybe if he could actually write a decent script for all audiences and not all black people this film wouldn't of hard both races so hard. Maybe if he took time to direct something this movie wouldn't of sucked. The script is impossible to make into a good film and with Tyler Perry controlling this film all hell breaks loose. I'm so upset I even gave this movie my movie and my time. Expand
  15. Mar 29, 2013
    The full title of Tyler Perry’s new film is “Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor” which is a big handle for what would make a good TV movie with about 15 minutes cut from this fairly slow moving film. I am a big fan of Tyler Perry (except for his Madea character) and I keep hoping his films will ‘crossover’ to an additional crowd to his usual fan base. Though it was a little larger audience today Allen and I were the only white faces in the audience.

The screenplay, based on his stage play, and directed by Perry, this film is all cliches. An amatuer director, when showing New Orleans, would feature someone singing “When The Saints Come Marching In” and a couple eating beignets at the Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter or having them walk down Bourbon Street sipping Hurricanes. Perry, far from an amatuer, does just that as in the Washington D.C. scenes there are ALL the monuments and buildings an audience will be familiar with.

Regarding the actors, and including a couple in that list seems offense to include as actors, I was familiar with Renee Taylor, who gets the wise crack lines, Vanessa Williams, whose reason for her accent distracts from her performance and doesn’t pay off when the reason is given and Brandy Norwood who gives a good performance. Ella Joyce is a familiar face and most of her background is in theatre.

Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Lance Gross and Robbie Jones, all mainly from TV sitcoms and series, were new to me. One of the fun things in seeing Tyler Perry films are the point at which the male leads take off their shirts and the reactions from the audience. In Gross and Jones he picked the right guys for those scenes and though given cliche rolls they handle them well. The film revolves around Smollett-Bell who though not giving an embarrassing performance really needs more experience to tackle rolls like this.

I may be the only person who is seeing Kim Kardashian for the first time except in print and, no disrespect intended, like many others I am shaking my head as to how she has come to the point in ‘fame’ that she has reached.

This is not as good a film as his “Why Did I Get Married?” or “Why Did I Get Married Too?”. The biggest disappointment is you would have had to never seen a movie in this genre if you didn’t know where it is heading as soon as you meet the three leads. It wouldn’t be a Perry movie without some sermonizing and he brings the church, the bible, AIDS and HIV+ into the script adding to the already lengthy, at 111 minutes, of the slow moving story.

By the way if you want to see why movies are so expensive to make just sit, and read, through the end credits!
  16. Mar 29, 2013
    This is NOT a Tyler Perry movie, twelve minutes into it and you will be bored. Is this the laugh out loud funny Madea Tyler Perry? No, it's not. The film is just not good, it has no meaning all of it is kissing and Obsessions and none of the script has meaning. I say this Tyler Perry Garbage Sucks.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Sobczynski
    Jun 11, 2013
    The film is flat-out ludicrous from beginning to end.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Apr 3, 2013
    Apart from its dramatic predictability, Temptation is a snooze because of its languid pacing and rudimentary camerawork.
  3. Reviewed by: Zachary Wigon
    Apr 2, 2013
    Temptation’s refusal to find nuance in its didactic worldview ensures that the film will ultimately only succeed for audiences already in agreement with it.