8.1

1. May 6, 2011
    I don't understand all the hate directed at this silly but fun mishmash of parodies. It's not shakespeare but damn it be funny! I laughed my butt off through the whole thing. If you like comedies like Naked Gun, then give this a try.
  2. AdamA
    Aug 15, 2008
    Why can't people learn to enjoy a great comedy flick? Yeah, it's cheesy, but didn't it hit it's own target? Great to watch if you're feeling doofy.
  3. RyanM.
    Dec 26, 2008
    If you like Wierd Al's humor, you will love this film. The more you watch it, the more of Al's genius of nuance is revealed. It is a brilliantly creative comedy.
  4. Noranda
    Jul 26, 2007
    If you love wacky comedy, this is a movie for you! I couldn't STOP laughing! Weird Al is truly the king of zany comedy!
  5. Jul 16, 2011
    Not only can "Weird Al" Yankovic make fun of your favorite tunes, together with Jay Levey he can also eat up, swallow, digest and throw up your favorite movies and television shows aswell.

No doubt about it, UHF is one for the ages. It's smart, funny and at the same time very engaging at the best of times. I love how the plot of a UHF station against a National Network Affiliate works well in making the movie what it was.

We see this movie push the boundaries of the satirical genre into what it is now. From the smart, ingenius and humidly and high flying humor of Airplane! to what is now Utter randomness, sky rocketing humor and genius scripwriting by the Albert Einstiens of Comedy. Yes, we owe it all to Alfred Yankovic. UHF is a classic. From the Academy Award scene paroding Raiders of the Lost Ark to the Ghandi II skit, there is not a single moment in this movie that puts a frown on your face. Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies is a smart and very funny song by the way, and the UHF theme song should have been a single off the album, seriously. I do have to mention, this particular satirical film is very unique. Do You Know Why? Well because, UHF has a plot that actually engages you, rather than drag you into the comedy. Yes, it actually has depth in it, unlike many, many movies of the same genre. The Plot has you sucked in to the last moment. Seriously.
    Screw Vampires Suck, Scary Movie and all those. UHF is one of the greatest satirical films of all-time.
  6. Jan 29, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Had this movie put more focus on music, thereby playing to the other half of Al’s greatest strength, it would have been more solid. As it stands, it’s a serviceable piece of shallow but fun comedy. Yes, we know George is going to save Channel 62, not once, but twice. Yes, Fletcher is as unsubtle as villains come. (Philo is an alien, though? I admit I did not see that coming.) On the other hand, when you include gags as outlandish as “Wheel of Fish”—either the dumbest funny thing or funniest dumb thing ever—you earn brownie points aplenty … especially with bored nineteen-year-old nerdy college students trying to clean out their DVRs just before midnight on Fridays. No prizes for guessing those are the circumstances I was under when I first saw “UHF.” This isn’t really a good movie, and Weird Al is better as a musician than trying to carry ninety-minute movies, but the jokes hit more than miss, so I can mildly recommend this work. Expand
  7. Aug 8, 2014
    This movie was under-rated when it premiered, and it still gets no respect. Personally, I think this movie is funnier than anything in the theaters now. No one associated with it ever claimed it was high comedy, or serious cinema - it was done for laughs....cheap, plentiful laughs. Kevin McCarthy stole the movie, as far as I'm concerned. His over-the-top portrayal of R.J. Fletcher was aThis movie was under-rated when it premiered, and it still gets no respect. Personally, I think this movie is funnier than anything in the theaters now. No one associated with it ever claimed it was high comedy, or serious cinema - it was done for laughs....cheap, plentiful laughs. Kevin McCarthy stole the movie, as far as I'm concerned. His over-the-top portrayal of R.J. Fletcher was a riot. If you have an hour and a half or so to kill, and want to be mindlessly entertained. check this one out. Expand
  8. Jan 21, 2015
    Gave us good laughs when my friends and I were just leaving our teenage years over 25 years ago. And now it gives my kids good laughs. The "Gandhi II" trailer alone makes UHF worth it.

The result is a very unfunny movie. It's routine, predictable, and dumb - real dumb.
  2. Reviewed by: Desson Howe
    UHF is not a uniformly funny experience, unless you have to wear a bib and tend to laugh at anything, such as sudden gusts of wind. Yankovic, co-writing with manager Jay Levey (who also directed), goes for gag after gag. Some hit, some miss. You laugh, you cry.
  3. Gamely running through parodies of TV commercials and shows, not to mention Spielberg, Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Selznick, and Gandhi, the movie proves to be awful by any standards--feeble, corny, and labored in script as well as direction--although the Capracorn of the basic premise occasionally manages to convey a certain sweetness.