8.2

1. May 6, 2011
    I don't understand all the hate directed at this silly but fun mishmash of parodies. It's not shakespeare but damn it be funny! I laughed my butt off through the whole thing. If you like comedies like Naked Gun, then give this a try.
  2. Jul 16, 2011
    Not only can "Weird Al" Yankovic make fun of your favorite tunes, together with Jay Levey he can also eat up, swallow, digest and throw up your favorite movies and television shows aswell.

No doubt about it, UHF is one for the ages. It's smart, funny and at the same time very engaging at the best of times. I love how the plot of a UHF station against a National Network Affiliate works
    well in making the movie what it was.

We see this movie push the boundaries of the satirical genre into what it is now. From the smart, ingenius and humidly and high flying humor of Airplane! to what is now Utter randomness, sky rocketing humor and genius scripwriting by the Albert Einstiens of Comedy. Yes, we owe it all to Alfred Yankovic. UHF is a classic. From the Academy Award scene paroding Raiders of the Lost Ark to the Ghandi II skit, there is not a single moment in this movie that puts a frown on your face. Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies is a smart and very funny song by the way, and the UHF theme song should have been a single off the album, seriously. I do have to mention, this particular satirical film is very unique. Do You Know Why? Well because, UHF has a plot that actually engages you, rather than drag you into the comedy. Yes, it actually has depth in it, unlike many, many movies of the same genre. The Plot has you sucked in to the last moment. Seriously.
    Screw Vampires Suck, Scary Movie and all those. UHF is one of the greatest satirical films of all-time.
  3. Aug 8, 2014
    This movie was under-rated when it premiered, and it still gets no respect. Personally, I think this movie is funnier than anything in the theaters now. No one associated with it ever claimed it was high comedy, or serious cinema - it was done for laughs....cheap, plentiful laughs. Kevin McCarthy stole the movie, as far as I'm concerned. His over-the-top portrayal of R.J. Fletcher was a riot. If you have an hour and a half or so to kill, and want to be mindlessly entertained. check this one out. Expand

The result is a very unfunny movie. It's routine, predictable, and dumb - real dumb.
  2. Reviewed by: Desson Howe
    UHF is not a uniformly funny experience, unless you have to wear a bib and tend to laugh at anything, such as sudden gusts of wind. Yankovic, co-writing with manager Jay Levey (who also directed), goes for gag after gag. Some hit, some miss. You laugh, you cry.
  3. Gamely running through parodies of TV commercials and shows, not to mention Spielberg, Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Selznick, and Gandhi, the movie proves to be awful by any standards--feeble, corny, and labored in script as well as direction--although the Capracorn of the basic premise occasionally manages to convey a certain sweetness.