UHF

8.2
Universal acclaim based on 36 Ratings
WATCH NOW
DamienDarko777May 6, 2011
I don't understand all the hate directed at this silly but fun mishmash of parodies. It's not shakespeare but damn it be funny! I laughed my butt off through the whole thing. If you like comedies like Naked Gun, then give this a try.
LgbpopAug 8, 2014
This movie was under-rated when it premiered, and it still gets no respect. Personally, I think this movie is funnier than anything in the theaters now. No one associated with it ever claimed it was high comedy, or serious cinema - it wasThis movie was under-rated when it premiered, and it still gets no respect. Personally, I think this movie is funnier than anything in the theaters now. No one associated with it ever claimed it was high comedy, or serious cinema - it was done for laughs....cheap, plentiful laughs. Kevin McCarthy stole the movie, as far as I'm concerned. His over-the-top portrayal of R.J. Fletcher was a riot. If you have an hour and a half or so to kill, and want to be mindlessly entertained. check this one out. Expand
AdamAAug 15, 2008
Why can't people learn to enjoy a great comedy flick? Yeah, it's cheesy, but didn't it hit it's own target? Great to watch if you're feeling doofy.
RyanM.Dec 26, 2008
If you like Wierd Al's humor, you will love this film. The more you watch it, the more of Al's genius of nuance is revealed. It is a brilliantly creative comedy.
NorandaJul 26, 2007
If you love wacky comedy, this is a movie for you! I couldn't STOP laughing! Weird Al is truly the king of zany comedy!
RazorEyeJul 16, 2011
Not only can "Weird Al" Yankovic make fun of your favorite tunes, together with Jay Levey he can also eat up, swallow, digest and throw up your favorite movies and television shows aswell.

No doubt about it, UHF is one for the ages. It's

No doubt about it, UHF is one for the ages. It's smart, funny and at the same time very engaging at the best of times. I love how the plot of a UHF station against a National Network Affiliate works well in making the movie what it was.

We see this movie push the boundaries of the satirical genre into what it is now. From the smart, ingenius and humidly and high flying humor of Airplane! to what is now Utter randomness, sky rocketing humor and genius scripwriting by the Albert Einstiens of Comedy. Yes, we owe it all to Alfred Yankovic. UHF is a classic. From the Academy Award scene paroding Raiders of the Lost Ark to the Ghandi II skit, there is not a single moment in this movie that puts a frown on your face. Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies is a smart and very funny song by the way, and the UHF theme song should have been a single off the album, seriously. I do have to mention, this particular satirical film is very unique. Do You Know Why? Well because, UHF has a plot that actually engages you, rather than drag you into the comedy. Yes, it actually has depth in it, unlike many, many movies of the same genre. The Plot has you sucked in to the last moment. Seriously.
Screw Vampires Suck, Scary Movie and all those. UHF is one of the greatest satirical films of all-time.
OssropJul 6, 2015
Hidden and lost gem. Should have been a classic. Weird Al was incredibly over exposed by the time this hit theaters. Bad timing. Then it went into endless reruns on early 80's pay television. If this had come out without the Weird AlHidden and lost gem. Should have been a classic. Weird Al was incredibly over exposed by the time this hit theaters. Bad timing. Then it went into endless reruns on early 80's pay television. If this had come out without the Weird Al name and the National Lampoon trademark instead, I am sure this would be a comedy classic. Look for a young Micheal Richards from Sienfeld. Expand
MichaelBagameryJan 29, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Had this movie put more focus on music, thereby playing to the other half of Al’s greatest strength, it would have been more solid. As it stands, it’s a serviceable piece of shallow but fun comedy. Yes, we know George is going to save Channel 62, not once, but twice. Yes, Fletcher is as unsubtle as villains come. (Philo is an alien, though? I admit I did not see that coming.) On the other hand, when you include gags as outlandish as “Wheel of Fish”—either the dumbest funny thing or funniest dumb thing ever—you earn brownie points aplenty … especially with bored nineteen-year-old nerdy college students trying to clean out their DVRs just before midnight on Fridays. No prizes for guessing those are the circumstances I was under when I first saw “UHF.” This isn’t really a good movie, and Weird Al is better as a musician than trying to carry ninety-minute movies, but the jokes hit more than miss, so I can mildly recommend this work. Expand
humeidJan 21, 2015
Gave us good laughs when my friends and I were just leaving our teenage years over 25 years ago. And now it gives my kids good laughs. The "Gandhi II" trailer alone makes UHF worth it.
metaldevJul 11, 2015
UHF is my favorite movie of all time.
Why? It isn't a 'good' movie by any measure.
UHF is my favorite movie of all time.
Why? It isn't a 'good' movie by any measure.
But it's unhinged, unapologetically over the top, and punches you in the face with hilarious absurdity at every turn... and sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered.

To give you an idea of what it's like: Airplane! comes in as somewhat of a comparison in my opinion.
Untitled94Nov 5, 2016
This is a pretty good movie. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but it's very funny, has a good story, and is just overall fun to watch. I'm sure a sequel to this movie wouldn't do as well, but it doesn't need a sequel. Both because it's beenThis is a pretty good movie. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but it's very funny, has a good story, and is just overall fun to watch. I'm sure a sequel to this movie wouldn't do as well, but it doesn't need a sequel. Both because it's been too many years and the movie by itself it good enough. I went in expecting a great Weird Al Yankovic movie, and that's what I got. Expand