7.1

1. Aug 8, 2011
    This movie has many different elements but boring it's audience is not one of them. After a second viewing of the film one will see the true masterpiece that is unbreakable
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    This movie is amazing. It is a true story of opposites coming together to separate. Great acting by Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson, and great directing by Night. The end leaves you thinking why? why? why? This movie is even better than the sixth sense!
  3. Apr 12, 2014
    Having been involved in a terrible train crash David Dunn awakes in hospital to find that, not only is he is the sole survivor, but that he is completely unharmed. He is soon confronted by an odd stranger who has some peculiar claims about why he was able to survive the crash leading David on a journey to fulfil his destiny.

Making a follow up to the universally acclaimed Sixth Sense
    was always going to be a difficult task but M. Night Shyamalan fully delivers here. Davids transformation from lowly security guard to something much bigger (I wont spoil what) is both fascinating and yet still believable in part thanks to the understated performance of Bruce Willis in the lead role and Samuel L Jackson is as watchable as ever. This of course would not be an M. Night Shyamalan movie if it didn’t have a twist at the end and, while perhaps not quite as clever as The Sixth Sense, it again certainly comes as a surprise.

Often unfairly compared to M. Night Shyamalans debut Unbreakable is an excellent film in its own right that will entertain most who watch it.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    "Unbreakable" is a 2000 M. Night Shyamalan film about David Dunne (Willis), an everyman, who becomes involved in a train wreck that leaves him mysteriously unscathed. With the help of a mysterious man (Jackson), Dunne soon learns that he is, in fact, an extraordinary man with superhuman attributes. Now, I know that the first mention of the name "Shyamalan" nowadays leads many people to think, ". . .ew 'The Last Airbender' ". However, there was a time when Shyamalan actually made pretty good movies. This, thankfully, is one of the only 3 he has made. "Unbreakable" is a truly compelling study of the narrative mechanics of comic books. I, being a big nerd who loves comic books, found this movie to be intensely interesting to watch because it clued me into things which I didn't know about them. Like the fact that a villains eyes are always portrayed to slightly bigger than the hero's because it shows that his view on the world is slightly more off-kilter than the hero's. And the fact that the hero's origin is often tied/interconnected with the villain's origin. These are just two of the many interesting concepts of comic book writing that are discussed throughout "Unbreakable". Now make no mistake - this movie isn't a documentary. Yes, it does discuss a lot of the methods comic book writers utilize to convey their very distinct messages, but it does this verbally and nonverbally. This movie maintains a very quiet, yet intensely brooding tone. This tone is amplified by the really somber and mesmerizing performance from Bruce Willis. The cinematography is really intelligently executed, as I found myself saying, "oh that was pretty cool/clever", to a very large amount of this film's shots. The ending could've used some work, but I'm sure with time I can learn to appreciate it. In the end, I found "Unbreakable" to be a very good film that delves deeply into some really cool subject matter. Expand
  5. Mar 9, 2013
    Shyamalan brings back his good directing skills as he creates yet another awesome film. Sixth Sense was better, but there is no doubt that Unbreakable is an unforgettable film.
  6. Jul 10, 2013
    My favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie. This film has the same chilling tone as The Sixth Sense with another great performance by Bruce Willis and an equally strong performance by Samuel L. Jackson.

1. Even the surprise ending arrives with a thud and makes us wonder why Shyamalan didn't try something new instead of recycling his "Sixth Sense" recipe.
    A gloomy, preposterous psychological thriller.
    Even if the ending doesn't entirely succeed, it doesn't cheat, and it comes at the end of an uncommonly absorbing movie.