7.2

1. Apr 30, 2013
    I was very surprised to see this get less than amazing reviews from professional critics. Please read their arguments. The subject-matter remains crushingly important, and the story and controversy-uncovering is competent and inspiring. To me, this seemed like one of the most important American documentaries of the last century, probably in the top 5. Like, it really should be on theI was very surprised to see this get less than amazing reviews from professional critics. Please read their arguments. The subject-matter remains crushingly important, and the story and controversy-uncovering is competent and inspiring. To me, this seemed like one of the most important American documentaries of the last century, probably in the top 5. Like, it really should be on the evening news. But then I saw the professional critics' scores and read that their main point of criticism is the movie's style. Its style? Doesn't the subject matter and the substance weigh more in their judgement than the style? I had hoped so! Please help this movie make its impact. Its importance should be recognized widely. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    Wilson overstuffs the film with endless artsy shots of nature.
  2. Reviewed by: Vadim Rizov
    Andy Abrahams Wilson builds a decent, if stylistically dull, case that Lyme disease is far deadlier and more neurologically debilitating than most doctors want to admit.
    The movie is frightening not only because of the severe effects the ailment can have on the human body but also because it shows that many doctors are unable to diagnose, let alone treat, the malady.