Under solen

8.4

1. HaroldR.
    Oct 1, 2001
    The cinematography pulled you into the innocent and beautiful setting. The characters had depth, and you were never quite sure what Ellen's motives were until the end.
  2. DayleA.
    Dec 4, 2002
    A sweet, engaging story that is rarely told--that of mature MAN honestly struggling to learn how to love and trust.
  3. DebbieM.
    Mar 8, 2003
    I absolutely LOVED IT! A decent, makes you feel good movie. The location/countryside was beautiful! I want more!
  4. A.W.
    Sep 25, 2003
    I really liked it! The characters played their roles well. With the exception of Olof, you were always guessing about the motives of the other two. A side note: Helena Bergstrom is one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL actresses I've EVER seen! A face I'll not soon forget...
  5. PabloG.
    Mar 27, 2004
    Real wonderful movie.

1. The performances are likable and there's nothing really wrong with the story -- other than the fact that Nutley hardly has any story to tell.
  2. Simple, earnest and workmanlike, it sings of Olof, glad and big, and how he lost his -- well, we can't say what he lost.
  3. Swedish cinema has been famous for a number of things: beautiful actresses, fine sexy psychological dramas, natural settings, cinematic bawdiness and a touch of melancholy. Under the Sun fits that profile well.