Underworld: Awakening

6.4

1. Mar 18, 2012
    Plot holes, a man paid to rip his shirt off and that's all he did in the movie, a three way war that isn't. What have you done this series is now beyond repair. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE.
  2. Feb 16, 2012
    hmm..all i have to say is that this movie pretty much sucks..for 1 story isn't that good it isn't even good..2 special effects and action scenes were lame and uninteresting..and i can't believe it scored a 7 on IMDB.. :O
  3. Jan 24, 2012
    IMO they should have skipped this one.. Maybe even decided to hang it up. It's not getting better in this franchise it's falling down a slippery slope.
  4. Jan 20, 2012
    It is rare for a movie franchise to make it to a fourth film. The Star Wars and Harry Potter franchises had it easy, Star Wars technically started on its fourth installment and Harry Potter had its stories directly handed to them. The Die Hard series had to work for it but held its head above water while the Alien series fell off a cliff when Alien: Resurrection hit the screen.It is rare for a movie franchise to make it to a fourth film. The Star Wars and Harry Potter franchises had it easy, Star Wars technically started on its fourth installment and Harry Potter had its stories directly handed to them. The Die Hard series had to work for it but held its head above water while the Alien series fell off a cliff when Alien: Resurrection hit the screen. Underworld: Awakening is following in the footsteps of the Alien franchise.

There is brief â
  5. Jan 20, 2012
    I am a pretty big fan of the Underworld franchise. In fact I got my tickets free by buying the Underworld blu-ray trilogy. But even though I got the tickets free, I still am pissed off about this movie. The first three movies had a great story, cool characters and a nice Gothic European setting, the forth movie doesn't have anything I just listed. The setting is now futuristic whichI am a pretty big fan of the Underworld franchise. In fact I got my tickets free by buying the Underworld blu-ray trilogy. But even though I got the tickets free, I still am pissed off about this movie. The first three movies had a great story, cool characters and a nice Gothic European setting, the forth movie doesn't have anything I just listed. The setting is now futuristic which contrasts from the other three movies completely, the characters are completely flat and unoriginal

For most of the movie takes place with Selene and a little girl who is a hybrid. She adds nothing to the story but instead drags it down and continues to make this bad movie even worse.

The only part I really enjoyed was a single action scene with the lycans, nothing else. I had very low expectations for this movie and it still managed to not just disappoint me but piss me off. And don't worry the ending sets the story up for a 5th movie which I will not see.

IF YOU ARE AN UNDERWORLD FAN, DON'T EVER SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!
  6. Feb 8, 2012
    This movie felt like Resident Evil, but with vampires and werewolves. Not at all original, not real plot, and average acting. The special effects were it's only saving grace, though I did watch this in 3D, so guess that's a given. Oh, and Kate does look hot in those leathers... but nothing much else worth watching.
  7. Jun 11, 2012
    Bad. Plot holes all over the place, a real rushed and butchered intro that essentially tries to say 'forget the past 3 films, look at these big explosions and Kate's tight ass (ignore her aging complexion too)', and a underwhelming ending are just a few of the complaints I have about this butchery of a franchise. Other's include Matrix-esq style resurrections which could see the vampiresBad. Plot holes all over the place, a real rushed and butchered intro that essentially tries to say 'forget the past 3 films, look at these big explosions and Kate's tight ass (ignore her aging complexion too)', and a underwhelming ending are just a few of the complaints I have about this butchery of a franchise. Other's include Matrix-esq style resurrections which could see the vampires cheat death constantly, and a constant bombardment of contradictions. A beyond brain-dead film which you should steer well clear of. Expand
  8. Feb 12, 2012
    SUCKED. Plenty of money for budget, yet poor plot. Poor characters. Poor job of relating to timeline of past, present or future (except to keep it open for options), poor writing as a whole. Worse one of the series. So disappointing after last one "UNDERWORLD Rise of the Lycans" which may have been the best or at least tied with the first.

Obviously made to take franchise name and make a

Obviously made to take franchise name and make a quick buck with no thought of quality. A ruse played on the loyal fan base.
  9. Feb 14, 2013
    What you can expect from Underworld: Awakening? A stupid movie based on a story even more stupid. One of the worst action-horror-videogames that I've ever seen.
  10. Apr 7, 2012
    This movie could easily be one of the worst films of 2012. Both the plot and characters are boring and generic and the action scenes quickly lose their appeal. Do not subject your senses to this uncreative, generic mess and save yourself some money and time.
  11. Apr 30, 2012
    I really enjoyed the first couple movies of this series, but after this one, they should maybe consider stopping it. Why? Well, it felt like there was no scenario anymore, just some lines a kid wrote to justify the actors talking. Action was boring and reminded me of some mediocre PC action games : Lycan vs. vampire, play again and again... until big boss round.... Game over !!
  12. Aug 8, 2012
    The fourth (and plain unnecessary) entry in the Underworld series, may get by with fans on its action sequences and Kate Beckinsale comfortably seated in the lead role. It doesn't get by with me. The staging of the action scenes seem too gloomy and ugly to be considered a visual pleasure, and within each one there is a flashing strobe light that assaults the eyes. I felt like I was goingThe fourth (and plain unnecessary) entry in the Underworld series, may get by with fans on its action sequences and Kate Beckinsale comfortably seated in the lead role. It doesn't get by with me. The staging of the action scenes seem too gloomy and ugly to be considered a visual pleasure, and within each one there is a flashing strobe light that assaults the eyes. I felt like I was going to have a seizure. The dialogue proves unnecessary and the viewers' attention may drift whenever anyone opens their mouth. The addition of a daughter character is never explored as a mother-daughter character study, just a new display of vampire skills in the form of a young girl. Still, the skin-hugging black suit hasn't lost it's appeal to me. Expand
  13. Jul 20, 2012
    Such a bad movie really... the first one was good, the second one was very good, the third one was not bad, but THIS!!! THIS IS BAD!!! And not just a little. As a big fan of the serie, I am SO DISAPPOINTED! It can be true... such a mistake... The story is so useless, ugly. Trash please.

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Jan 25, 2012
    There is running, hiding, fighting, shooting, bleeding, biting, slicing, dicing, and damnably little entertainment value in any of it.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Whipp
    Jan 21, 2012
    A brisk creature-feature that ditches the series' dreary mythology in favor of a more direct, action-oriented approach.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    Jan 21, 2012
    There's not much to this movie beyond a slick procession of dark, gleaming violence. But Selene lovers would pay good 3D money to see her fight a parking ticket.