6.4

1. Mar 18, 2012
    Plot holes, a man paid to rip his shirt off and that's all he did in the movie, a three way war that isn't. What have you done this series is now beyond repair. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE.
  2. Feb 16, 2012
    hmm..all i have to say is that this movie pretty much sucks..for 1 story isn't that good it isn't even good..2 special effects and action scenes were lame and uninteresting..and i can't believe it scored a 7 on IMDB.. :O
  3. Jan 20, 2012
    I am a pretty big fan of the Underworld franchise. In fact I got my tickets free by buying the Underworld blu-ray trilogy. But even though I got the tickets free, I still am pissed off about this movie. The first three movies had a great story, cool characters and a nice Gothic European setting, the forth movie doesn't have anything I just listed. The setting is now futuristic which contrasts from the other three movies completely, the characters are completely flat and unoriginal

For most of the movie takes place with Selene and a little girl who is a hybrid. She adds nothing to the story but instead drags it down and continues to make this bad movie even worse.

The only part I really enjoyed was a single action scene with the lycans, nothing else. I had very low expectations for this movie and it still managed to not just disappoint me but piss me off. And don't worry the ending sets the story up for a 5th movie which I will not see.

IF YOU ARE AN UNDERWORLD FAN, DON'T EVER SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!
  4. Jan 20, 2012
    It is rare for a movie franchise to make it to a fourth film. The Star Wars and Harry Potter franchises had it easy, Star Wars technically started on its fourth installment and Harry Potter had its stories directly handed to them. The Die Hard series had to work for it but held its head above water while the Alien series fell off a cliff when Alien: Resurrection hit the screen. Underworld: Awakening is following in the footsteps of the Alien franchise.

There is brief â
  5. Jan 24, 2012
    IMO they should have skipped this one.. Maybe even decided to hang it up. It's not getting better in this franchise it's falling down a slippery slope.
  6. Feb 8, 2012
    This movie felt like Resident Evil, but with vampires and werewolves. Not at all original, not real plot, and average acting. The special effects were it's only saving grace, though I did watch this in 3D, so guess that's a given. Oh, and Kate does look hot in those leathers... but nothing much else worth watching.
  7. Feb 17, 2012
    My score? 4 / 10 It's pretty hard to mess up werewolves fighting vampires with machine guns as far as guy movies go but Underworld Awakening managed to do it. This movie was a step backwards in every way possible other than Kate Beckinsale's hotness. I liked the story in the last Underworld movie. The initial scene where a group of vampires fought with werewolves in a medieval setting was amazing, Awakening never had one of those moments. Watchable, not much more. Expand
  8. Mar 3, 2012
    A script a bit loose and does not escape its parts ridiculous abuse of the illumination intermittent obseviso you make the movie a bit uncomfortable to the eye, the good: Excellent sound editing is very good and excellent for blood lover , because the scenes are well Gore.
  9. Jun 16, 2012
    As you can see by the score I didn't like this, and maybe that's just because I didn't see the other movies, but I highly doubt it because the movie explained all I needed to know to get into the movie, vampires and lycans are at war, Selene and Michael are in love, and humans have now entered the war. I don't really think I needed to know any of the series deep secrets (like the origins and what not) to get in on it. The action is gory and what the movie focuses on instead of plot, which is obvious because the plot is simple, bland, and somewhat forgettable. Some of the special effects also looked dated in the film. I might watch the other movies in the series to see if they change my opinion of the movie, and if they do I will update my review if I need to, but after watching this the other movies are low on to watch list. If your a fan of the series you'll probably get enjoyment from it, but if your not this most likely wont change your mind. And me being a newcomer, it did little to interest me. Expand
  10. Feb 29, 2012
    What did you expect when you were buying the ticket? To see Kate Beckinsale back in tight latex outfit? You got it! To see ferocious werewolf comes to alive in latest Special Effects? You got it! Or to feast your eyes with more absurd gunfighting Actions? You got it too! Concisely, if you are a true fan of thiz saga, you will not have a problem to watch thiz installment one more time. It is another exact extension from the previous movies. But if you ask me, thiz movie is one of long excruciating experiences I have ever had. I mean please to be frankly honest, in every character of every scene in thiz movie, you may have some feelings about how many times you have ever seen these elements in other movies. They take a little from here and a little from that and then they put it together in one screen. It is a boring copycat. Everything seems so cliche. My Heart is not cold, it is broken. The Duo Directors who are responsible for all of thiz, Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein. Previously, they are well-known for SHELTER (2010). Beckinsale performance as Selene has two angles and an opposite side. On one side, she looks cool in some time. On the other side, she seems so frail and delicate. Meanwhile, the supporting Casts like: Stephen Rea, Michael Ealy, Theo James and India Eisley give typical mediocre performance. Selene the vampire knight has been fighting the lycans (werewolf) since the first UNDERWORLD (2003), UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION (2006) include one prequel UNDERWORLD: RISE OF THE LYCANS (2009). The mastermind behind thiz saga is Len Wiseman, the real-life husband of Kate Beckinsale. Here is an interesting fact. In 2002, there was another couple had met and now they had become husband and wife as well. They are Milla Jovovich (Actress) and Paul W.S. Anderson (Director). They also made four installments of their own so far. It was called RESIDENT EVIL. I have a bad hunch about thiz franchise itself. There is no doubt. Thiz UNDERWORLD franchise has become a successful gold mine for the filmmakers. They will keep awakening thiz franchise as long as money keeps coming. Making matters worse, the vampires do live long! It is very clear. You do not need the brain when you got the gain.

Visit My Blog on JONNYâ
  11. Jun 11, 2012
    Bad. Plot holes all over the place, a real rushed and butchered intro that essentially tries to say 'forget the past 3 films, look at these big explosions and Kate's tight ass (ignore her aging complexion too)', and a underwhelming ending are just a few of the complaints I have about this butchery of a franchise. Other's include Matrix-esq style resurrections which could see the vampires cheat death constantly, and a constant bombardment of contradictions. A beyond brain-dead film which you should steer well clear of. Expand
  12. Feb 14, 2013
    What you can expect from Underworld: Awakening? A stupid movie based on a story even more stupid. One of the worst action-horror-videogames that I've ever seen.
  13. Jan 21, 2012
    For the fans who've seen the previous Underworld movies, be ready for a shift of plot. The movie is 70% action with unnecessary violence and 30% flavorless screenplay. The consolation for the viewer is the undeniably eye-candy visual effects working with the 3D format. movienotesbook.blogspot.com
  14. Jul 4, 2012
    Very good and original action cool costumes but without any plot. What little there was was a tease. Cmon it cant be hard to make a better movie. Seriously I rented it. It was like playing a single player pc game. It might have been fun to play but watching a movie with so little plot was heartburn. A good cast but where were they?2 lines of plot between 10 minute action sequences. Is that what people go to the movies to see these days. Perhaps in 3D or imax it might have been fun. But any movie sacrificing drama should be called something else. The drama was the mood and the characters will to survive. It could have been a lot better. Action chase scenes. Very repetitive. The first two were really good. The third was too much a battle between Vampires and Lycans it went no where just backstory. Very disappointed Expand
  15. Feb 12, 2012
    SUCKED. Plenty of money for budget, yet poor plot. Poor characters. Poor job of relating to timeline of past, present or future (except to keep it open for options), poor writing as a whole. Worse one of the series. So disappointing after last one "UNDERWORLD Rise of the Lycans" which may have been the best or at least tied with the first.

Obviously made to take franchise name and make a
    quick buck with no thought of quality. A ruse played on the loyal fan base. Expand
  16. Apr 7, 2012
    This movie could easily be one of the worst films of 2012. Both the plot and characters are boring and generic and the action scenes quickly lose their appeal. Do not subject your senses to this uncreative, generic mess and save yourself some money and time.
  17. Apr 30, 2012
    I really enjoyed the first couple movies of this series, but after this one, they should maybe consider stopping it. Why? Well, it felt like there was no scenario anymore, just some lines a kid wrote to justify the actors talking. Action was boring and reminded me of some mediocre PC action games : Lycan vs. vampire, play again and again... until big boss round.... Game over !!
  18. Aug 8, 2012
    The fourth (and plain unnecessary) entry in the Underworld series, may get by with fans on its action sequences and Kate Beckinsale comfortably seated in the lead role. It doesn't get by with me. The staging of the action scenes seem too gloomy and ugly to be considered a visual pleasure, and within each one there is a flashing strobe light that assaults the eyes. I felt like I was going to have a seizure. The dialogue proves unnecessary and the viewers' attention may drift whenever anyone opens their mouth. The addition of a daughter character is never explored as a mother-daughter character study, just a new display of vampire skills in the form of a young girl. Still, the skin-hugging black suit hasn't lost it's appeal to me. Expand
  19. Jul 20, 2012
    Such a bad movie really... the first one was good, the second one was very good, the third one was not bad, but THIS!!! THIS IS BAD!!! And not just a little. As a big fan of the serie, I am SO DISAPPOINTED! It can be true... such a mistake... The story is so useless, ugly. Trash please.

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Jan 25, 2012
    There is running, hiding, fighting, shooting, bleeding, biting, slicing, dicing, and damnably little entertainment value in any of it.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Whipp
    Jan 21, 2012
    A brisk creature-feature that ditches the series' dreary mythology in favor of a more direct, action-oriented approach.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    Jan 21, 2012
    There's not much to this movie beyond a slick procession of dark, gleaming violence. But Selene lovers would pay good 3D money to see her fight a parking ticket.