8.3

1. Oct 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Underworld: Evolution" is just annoying. Why are the vampires and Lycans just fighting consistently? No plot twists, witty script, or even chilly scares. It's a movie you'll get to watch and forget in a few moments. Expand
  2. Dec 11, 2011
    How can a movie as bad as Underworld get any worse? That was what I found myself wondering at the end of Underworld Evolution, a film so colossally bad it deserves some kind of award to emphasise the fact its dreadful. It has a terrible script, two wooden leads, a boring supporting cast and some awful set pieces. It's just bad. Really, really bad.
  3. Nov 9, 2012
    Plot is much better this time around, Don't see how it's confusing at all unless you haven't seen the first film. Acting is a little better due to lack of secondary characters. Once again, Special Effects suck. I hate how they switch from werewolf costume to cgi, It's so annoying. The film would have been much better if all of them were guys in CGI suit (like Rise Of The Planet Of ThePlot is much better this time around, Don't see how it's confusing at all unless you haven't seen the first film. Acting is a little better due to lack of secondary characters. Once again, Special Effects suck. I hate how they switch from werewolf costume to cgi, It's so annoying. The film would have been much better if all of them were guys in CGI suit (like Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes). I also hate how the hybrid Michael looks in this film. It's pretty much just him with black paint on. I expected the hybrid Vampire/Werewolf to have a good, original look but sadly he doesn't. Action was rather weak as well. Overall, while it's improved in some areas (the plot), It's also gone down in other areas (the action) as well. I have given it a chance but I am done with this series. I honestly do not see how users can actually like this trash. Expand
  4. Nov 8, 2012
    This Underworld, only slightly better than its predecessor, is a sex filled gore fest, which would fine, except that the film takes itself way too seriously.

There's a ton of backstory behind Underworld: Evolution, which gets slightly denser and rowdier than its predecessor, but it's ultimately all in the service of a nigh-endless series of numbing, mechanical battles in which snarling protagonists and CGI monsters shoot, claw, and bloodily eviscerate each other. In other words, it's "Underworld," but more of it.
  2. Unfortunately, there's little wit or genuine suspense to elevate the proceedings above the level of a cheesy comic book.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Overall package is potent. A few rock-the-house scenes of slam-bang derring-do -- are nothing short of sensationally exciting.