7.6

1. Aug 25, 2013
    This movie is ok. When the film goes to the people in the United 93 airplane is really good. But when it shows what happens down it's really boring and it ruins the whole movie. In the ground the story is solid and seriously when the events happened it's like nobody really cared. But when we see the characters in the plane there is action and suspense
  2. Aug 29, 2011
    Oh please! NO one survived! How does anyone really know what happened or what was said? Sure let's make believe but no one actually knows! Right down to the hair and makeup? Really? This was factual? NOPE!
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    This movie should have been a tribute to the heroes who gave their lives to save so many others on 9/11. Instead, they are portrayed as vigilantes who killed themselves. All they had to go on was the black boxes and the phone calls made from the plane, the rest is conjecture and, in my humble opinion, complete and absolute bull Nothing like this happened on that plane. They took a tragic story and hollywoodized it until it became a mockery. I was not impressed. Expand
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    United 93 is filmmaking at its absolute finest. By giving every detail of the events that unfolded that day, Greengrass creates and intense atmosphere like you were right there along side. Brilliantly executed, thoroughly engrossing and chilling as it builds to its inevitable conclusion. United 93 will go down as one of the most intensely powerful films I have ever seen.
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The question synonymous with days like September 11th 2001 is not what, who or why, but where; as in where were you when the planes hit the WTC, where were you when the Pentagon was hit and where were you when the towers fell? This film tells the 'Where were you?' story of the people on board flight United 93, the hijacked plane headed towards the White House and the story of those on the ground in air traffic control watching the events of the day unfold.
    The movie is gripping, emotional and well written so that it doesn't come across as offensive but it does come across as uncomfortable. The major criticisms I have with the film is the poor and unbeleiveable acting and poor camerawork on the plane sections. Of course shooting inside a space as small as that couldn't have been easy but when the film really picks up within the last 20 minutes or so its just hard to tell what on earth is actually going on because the camera is so shaky.
    A film that shouldn't be missed about an event that certainly wont be forgotten
  6. Sep 13, 2014
    Not as good as trainspeircer 3d it was SO GOOD

7. Feb 7, 2014
    First off i would like to point out that i mean no disrespect to anyone in this review, because i'm here to review the movie not the events that it based on.
    the movie isn't about the united airline 93 until 55 long minutes, the movie is loud and the camera work was down right terrible and that's coming from the director of the wonderful captain Phillips and the Bourne trilogy, and i do
    realize it should be a movie inside an airplane, but i felt dizzy watching this.
    and the movie isn't informative at all, i've seen a documentary called "ZERO An Investigation Into 9-11" that almost as long as this movie and it explained everything that happened that day.
    for instance, the whole air traffic noise and buzz was absolutely useless, all what we learned is that the guys were doing their job, the president is the only person who can issue a military strike on possible hijacked airplanes and the military didn't do anything even after the president gave it a GO.
    for me i would like to see the details including the fact that every airplane was forced to land immediately and how they closed their air space without any accidents, but i didn't get to see that.
    also the movie did so little on characters, it's not memorable at all, and the only reason that it is critically acclaimed is the fact that it remind us of a tragedy, but the movie was terrible and could have been way better than this.
  8. Apr 23, 2013
    Director Paul Greengrass really boosts it up in this horrorific fact-based epidemic. It's an engaging and sad movie about the true story of a plane called Flight 93 that got hijacked by terrorists on 9/11. This is a tremendous way to show that normal citizens chose to stand for what is right and tried to stop the terrorists plan. Even though this movie is a true story, it's just amazing to see how the people on Flight 93 chose to take action. I love how there are no big well-known hollywood actors in this movie. It just shows that you don't need Tom Hanks or Liam Neeson or any well-known actor to help make a big and deep movie like this one. Plus, this movie is deep and riveting. It's just so sad yet intense at the same time. And at the end when the plane crashes and the screen goes pitch black, my heart just stopped. I never a story like this could be told like the way it was. Overall, it's a true dedication to those who lost their lives on 9/11. May those who lost there lives on that dreadful day remain in peace. Expand
  9. May 27, 2013
    United 93 took place on flight United 93 and counted down to its demise on September 11, 2001. A topic most writers jump through hoops to avoid. United 93 personally touched my heart and gave me emotions of extreme melancholy. It flawlessly describes the tragedy that the events during 9/11 were. I wouldn't say It was uplifting because in my opinion it wasn't, it was dark, senseless, tragic, and awful. However, the heroism of the passengers seemed quite impressive and uplifting, until you find out their lives ended so abruptly. You will feel for the characters, due to the fact that they died for no apparent reason, however, they did sacrifice their lives in order to protect the lives of thousands of other people. So in the end I say United 93 is by far one of the most emotional 9/11 movies out there, its beautiful, well acted, well directed and bold (topic wise). Expand
  10. Mar 17, 2014
    United 93 is one of the most emotionally moving, powerful films about 9/11; maybe even one of the most powerful, emotionally moving movies ever.

Greengrass carefully avoids airplane movie clichés, as this would've taken away from the authenticity of the movie. Every moment of the movie is tense, and the last 10 minutes are masterfully crafted, intense shots. But the best part of the
    movie is how it is in no way exploitive; rather, it honors the victims of 9/11, and proves that the people on this flight were heroes. Expand
  11. Feb 11, 2014
    A tensely suspenseful movie with a smashing ending(literally), United 93 is a amazing movie to behold. the film weaves an intricate story about the infamous Flight 93, and what happened on it. Set against the backdrop of 9/11, United 93 follows the bravery and heroism of the deceased passengers of the fateful flight, as they fight a tense and suicidal battle against Al Qaeda hijackers. With skilled cinematography by Barry Ackroyd, and incredible directing by Paul Greengrass, United 93 is exciting, tense, and heartbreaking at the same time. Expand
  12. Dec 14, 2013
    United 93 recreates the events of 9/11 in a movie that is marked by seriousness and sincerity. Even when the outcome is already known, it is still extremely tense and emotionally wrenching. Kudos to the actors/actresses too.

Best understood as a memorial…Like most memorials, it is respectful, premised on competing obligations to the dead and the living, and eager to stress that the deaths were not in vain. It not only tells us we should never forget but also illustrates how we should remember.
  2. Pulling the bandage of sentiment cleanly away from oozing concepts like ''heroism'' and ''our nation's war on terror'' in the aftermath of recent wounds, here's a drama about the most politically charged crisis of our time that grants the dignity of autonomy to every soul involved.
  3. Greengrass has made not only a thoroughly fact-checked film but a film that uncontrovertibly comes from the heart.