8.8

1. Apr 4, 2014
    I like this movie very much.It has all the thing to make a movie good.I like background music at the starting very much.UP! has me feel Up.IF you are tired of watching drama watch this movie you will not get tired
  2. Jul 4, 2013
    "Up" is charming, heartwarming, and a clever movie that proves that there are always good films out there, even animated. "Up" deals with the strong relationships that we all deal through in life when someone dies, and even though we've dealt with movies like this before, "Up" has human-like emotions, that it exceeds several of other love stories produced. Up's characters are wonderful"Up" is charming, heartwarming, and a clever movie that proves that there are always good films out there, even animated. "Up" deals with the strong relationships that we all deal through in life when someone dies, and even though we've dealt with movies like this before, "Up" has human-like emotions, that it exceeds several of other love stories produced. Up's characters are wonderful Carl Fredrickson is an old man who is cranky after his wife's death, but yes, he is likable as his story is so tragic. Russel is the annoying kid, but he deals with the fact that his parent's don't pay attention to him, and... it is emotional. "Up"'s plotline in impeccably told, and deals with the beauty of our world love. After watching "Up", it makes you realize our world and our people, and how we are all connected to others by love and this is beautiful to realize in times like these. Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    Before watching this movie, I had little expectations for something little more than a cliché child's film, I discovered something more. A beautifully animated and written classic. It could possibly have the most emotional 4 minutes of a movie I have ever seen as well as heart gripping soundtrack. The comedy was heartwarming as well as the connection between Carl and Russel. Story tellingBefore watching this movie, I had little expectations for something little more than a cliché child's film, I discovered something more. A beautifully animated and written classic. It could possibly have the most emotional 4 minutes of a movie I have ever seen as well as heart gripping soundtrack. The comedy was heartwarming as well as the connection between Carl and Russel. Story telling at it's finest. Expand
  4. Jul 7, 2014
    The beginning is poignant and sad at the same time. The rest follows a heartfelt tale of a man's journey, not just to Paradise Falls. The trio of the old man, the scout, and the dog is not only funny, but like actual family. Pixar has so many greats on its agenda I doubt anyone can replicate it.
  5. Feb 14, 2014
    A stellar creation by Pixar. "Up" is a film I believe is for everyone. That somehow reaches into everyone's souls and pulls out the heart in them. Not just the heart, but the feeling of enjoyment that this film does intend to do. I enjoyed the film from start to finish, not just once, but several times over.
  6. Mar 14, 2014
    people say old people are just mean when you up it tells you old people have a big heart also pixar has a way to creative better films . i always love the old guy in this movie
  7. Jun 29, 2014
    There will be always somebody who doesn't like this film but what that person can't deny, is that "Up" is beautifully animated, incredibly well written, amazingly voiced (for every country), undeniably laugh-a-minute gags and another Pixar hit.
  8. Jul 20, 2014
    Para mi, la mejor película de animación hasta el momento, ya se que para muchos Toy Story es mejor, pero esta posee un gran guión, combina la risa con las lágrimas a la perfección, es simplemente una obra maestra.
  9. Sep 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Um filme perfeito. Com certeza um dos melhores da Pixar,se não o melhor. Mostra um velhinho que não quer desgrudar de sua casa por nada,e ainda vive o filme inteiro com o desejo de morar no Paraíso das Cachoeiras. O filme mostra superação e desbravamento. Palmas. Expand
  10. Oct 13, 2014
    Touching, hilarious, and really funny, not to mention that the opening part is so sad and heart-warming. This is a film that you need to see. It tells a great love story, has memorable characters, and is nothing but a great adventure.
  11. Oct 19, 2014
    Up is a comedy adventure about 78-year-old balloon salesman Carl Fredricksen, who finally fulfills his lifelong dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America. But he discovers all too late that his biggest nightmare has stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic 9-year-old Wilderness Explorer named Russell.
  12. Jan 14, 2015
    Up is a film that touches your heart emotionally with its great animation, touching story and loveable characters. A must watch for anyone, even the people who don't like animation need to experience this movie.
  13. Apr 6, 2015
    2nd best Pixar film ever. the charters are great the animation is great the story is decent but still really good. and if you know this movie the 1st 15 so minutes of this film are amazing.
  14. Apr 24, 2015
    "Up" is a wonderful film, with characters who are as believable as any characters can be who spend much of their time floating above the rain forests of Venezuela. They have tempers, problems and obsessions. They are cute and goofy, but they aren't cute in the treacly way of little cartoon animals. They're cute in the human way of the animation master Hayao Miyazaki. Two of the three"Up" is a wonderful film, with characters who are as believable as any characters can be who spend much of their time floating above the rain forests of Venezuela. They have tempers, problems and obsessions. They are cute and goofy, but they aren't cute in the treacly way of little cartoon animals. They're cute in the human way of the animation master Hayao Miyazaki. Two of the three central characters are cranky old men, which is a wonder in this youth-obsessed era. "Up" doesn't think all heroes must be young or sweet, although the third important character is a nervy kid.

This is another masterwork from Pixar, which is leading the charge in modern animation. The movie was directed by Pete Docter, who also directed "Monsters, Inc.," wrote "Toy Story" and was a co-writer on "WALL-E" before leaving to devote full time to this project. So Docter's one of the leading artists of this latest renaissance of animation.

The movie will be shown in 3-D in some theaters, about which I will say nothing, except to advise you to save the extra money and see it in 2-D. One of the film's qualities that is likely to be diminished by 3-D is its subtle and beautiful color palette. "Up," like "Finding Nemo," "Toy Story," "Shrek" and "The Lion King," uses colors in a way particularly suited to its content.

"Up" tells a story as tickling to the imagination as the magical animated films of my childhood, when I naively thought that because their colors were brighter, their character outlines more defined and their plots simpler, they were actually more realistic than regular films.

With vast inside spaces, the airship is outfitted like a great ocean liner from the golden age, with a stately dining room, long corridors, a display space rivaling the Natural History Museum and an attic spacious enough to harbor fighter planes. Muntz, who must be a centenarian by now, is hale, hearty and mean, his solitary life shared only by robotic dogs.

The adventures on the jungle plateau are satisfying in a Mummy/Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones sort of way. But they aren't the whole point of the film. This isn't a movie like "Monsters vs. Aliens," which is mostly just frenetic action. There are stakes here, and personalities involved, and two old men battling for meaning in their lives. And a kid who, for once, isn't smarter than all the adults. And a loyal dog. And an animal sidekick. And always that house and those balloons.

1. Winsome, touching and arguably the funniest Pixar effort ever, the gorgeously rendered, high-flying adventure is a tidy 90-minute distillation of all the signature touches that came before it.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A captivating odd-couple adventure that becomes funnier and more exciting as it flies along.
  3. By all means, see Up in its 3-D incarnation: The cliff drops are vertiginous, and the scores of balloons--bunched into the shape of one giant balloon--are as pluckable as grapes.