8.8

1. Sep 29, 2011
    Animation giant Pixar walks into 2009 with their new animation "Up". The movie is so organized and amazing, all I could suggest to you is to just shut up and watch the movie.
  2. Dec 15, 2011
    Charming, emotional, hilarious, just some of the words that can be used to describe Disney/Pixar's Up. The opening of the film is the saddest thing I've ever seen in anything, and that's coming from a family film. Pixar continue to produce the best.
  3. Aug 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Up was PIXAR's masterpiece. I mean this movie was absolutely perfect. The characters were hilarious and you could relate to them very well. Doug the dog was the best comic relief ever in an animated film. The plot was extremely original it's not funny. That doesn't mean the movie's not humorous though. It's freaking hilarious and it's also possibly the best movie I've ever seen. The overall movie is 11/10 and it is just - GORGEOUS!

The movie definitely proves "Adventure is out there!" Well there definitely is. Also this movie is also the first I cried while watching. The first 5 minutes and the bit where Carl is flicking through Ellie's photo album/adventure book. PIXAR has done it again and they're still yet to make a dud. Cars was the closest thing to a dud. Up is so much better than any other animated movie this year. Coraline is pretty damn close to Up and so is Mary and Max. Anyone hear heard of Harvie Krumpet? Well Mary and Max was made by the same guy. Up is the animated king of 2009.
  4. Aug 12, 2010
    This is definitely one of Pixar's best animated features.
    The story is so lovely that one cannot but find one's eyes watering while watching the first 20 minutes of the film and getting to see two people in love living their lives. It is just so moving that one cannot resist falling in love with it immediately.
    The Academy Award winning score is definitely one of the highlights of the
    film, due to its ability to give depth to our perception of the scenes and of the film in general.

Surely, it is not Wall-E and it does not have such a "great idea" behind it as environmentalism and the future of humanity. But, in a way, it does more so: it is about the very basis of humanity - peoples ability to love beyond what is required of them and the realisation of love's importance in our lives. Maybe, after all, it is like Wall-E... or even better so, since through an ordinary person's story it can create a whole new world without having to make much effort. That's greatness.
  5. Jan 9, 2011
    A brilliant, unique movie. One of the best children's movie I watched.
  6. Jan 24, 2011
    Pixar at it's finest, showing that an animated film doesn't have to rely only on humour but also can be quite emotional. Within the first 10 minutes of the movie you automatically feel for the main character and become emotionally involved in the film, that alone got me really impressed, Great animation backed up with great characters ( as any dog owner would agree ) , very funny movie that also pulls at your heart strings. A Must see.. A classic. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    Tells one of the greatest love stories in cinematic history in a brisk eight minutes. That, as is the film itself, is a wonderful, awe aspiring work of genius.
  8. Aug 5, 2013
    Up es una replica a seguir de como hacer y aprovechar una pelicula teniendo en cuenta los sentimientos y valores que hay que dar en este tipo de peliculas, una excelente muestra del amor en todo sentido y una pelicula mas que adorar de entre otras de Pixar
  9. Aug 11, 2010
    This is my favorite film from Pixar, besides Monsters Inc. The story about finding an adventure to embark on and enjoy the ride is the over riding theme of this film. The quirky characters are not to be forgotten and emotional depth the film takes you as experience the joys and pitfalls of life.
  10. Aug 14, 2010
    UP is about an old man named Carl who sets out on an adventure, to fulfil his childhood sweetheartâ
  11. Aug 17, 2010
    This was the best Pixar movie I've ever seen. I loved it, even thought it was sad it had a great story. The animation was very real, Blu-Ray is the way to go with this movie as well.
  12. Aug 27, 2010
    In terms of emotional immersion, characterization, humor, and just good old-fashioned entertainment, Pixar puts all other summer fare to shame.
  13. Aug 29, 2010
    Up is a great family film,it is uplifting,funny,and and at event some parts dramatic.In my opinion it is one of the best movie to come out last year. The story is sweet and the visuals are great. These CGI graphics are outstanding,and look better than most high budget action movies. The acting is good,and each voice fits the charachters perfectly. The background score is great,and fits perfectly to whats happening. This is one of Pixar's best and is a must see. Expand
  14. Apr 7, 2011
    I've always enjoyed Edward Asner's voice work since Freakazoid (a cartoon not many of you may know), and he does an excellent job here. A sweet tale and a fun adventure on a flying house make this another Pixar classic.
  15. Oct 6, 2010
    The beginning montage is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The movie has enough for both adults and children to enjoy. All in all a fantastic story that reminds us all the seize the day!
  16. Nov 22, 2010
    After losing his wife, Mr. Frederickson finally finds adventure as he strings a plethora of balloons to the top of his house and tries to fly himself to South America, where his wife had always wanted to go since she was young but never got the chance. But when a 9-year old obnoxious fellow swings on for the ride, Mr. Federickson has to learn to deal with him after a conflict arises once landing in South America. Up is definitely a film for the entire family to feel excited about. The intial first 10 minutes are very heartwarming, but loses that warmth a little once the adventure begins, soon feeling like a shorter, much toned down adventure once it ends. Without a doubt Pixar delivers quality animation once again, but the feeling is different once the end credits, the same I saw in Cars and Monster's Inc. But definitely another masterpiece for 2009. Expand
  17. Aug 13, 2011
    By all standards, this is Pixar's most beautiful, most enjoyable, deepest and funniest movie ever. I've had a smile throughout the whole movie, and all I can say is: terrific. It was such a refreshing feature and the story line was unique at it's best and worst. I didn't know what to expect when I went to see the movie. I thought it would be just another bubblegum animation, but boy, was I wrong. This is the most pleasant surprise I've ever experienced in my whole life. The characters are so sympathetic and the dogs are extremely funny. Pixar did it again. Expand
  18. Jul 2, 2011
    Pixar continues to amaze me with the quality of their films. They have mastered the art of film-making and could change the way you think about the world with a colour or a sound. With "Up" they take you on an journey of subtle but dark emotion and quirky humor, exploring circumstances not unlike to those we experience in our lives. The script breathes life and genuine emotion into each character and perfectly selected tracks are only a few of the things that makes 'Up" so brilliant. It is a perfect family film and will make you cry and laugh till the end. Expand
  19. Dec 20, 2010
    I love every part .it is my favorite movie. it is funny in every shape and form. it is so cool. something bad happens ,but it turns out ok .there are thousands of movies , but RENT this .
  20. May 21, 2012
    Though it is not the best Pixar film (for me, Ratatouille takes that spot), it is still a great movie. I love the fact that this this movie is very diverse, it has comedy moments, dramatic moments, action moments and a lot more. The flow of the story is brilliant, from start to finish, making the plot of the movie clear and understandable. And I appreciate that they make this more of an animation movie (which we all know that these movies are mostly for kids), where adults can relate. Yet again, Pixar has again produced an amazing movie and I am looking forward for more Pixar movies in the future... Expand
  21. Jun 30, 2011
    The opening seen in this is one of the few times a character death in a movie has actually saddened me. One of the most emotionally magnificent films ever crafted. The animation is incredibly vibrant, the score is rich and beautiful, and the voice acting is incredibly convincing. After hearing the story about the little girl who died after seeing this film, I only watch this film with more respect . A fantastic work of art. No wonder it was only the second animated film nominated for the Best Picture Oscar, this is amazing. Expand
  22. Nov 7, 2011
    How many movies have an old man as a lead character? Very few, and its this original approach to film making that makes Pixar so good. The characters, story, animation and design of this film are brilliantly crafted. Up is just sort of being a masterpiece, it's a great animated American movie.
  23. Jun 28, 2011
    This film, I found it very well made. It has a serious story line but great depth of character and some very funny seance. its slower pace sets it of from other animations with its dark beginning showing it to be film encompassing older generations.
  24. Apr 1, 2012
    I'm two years late to the party, but glad I arrived there anyways. I rarely get moved by a movie, but this one had me on the brink of crying more than once. The characters are likeable, the surroundings beautiful, and the story emotional. If you haven't seen it already I highly advice you to do so.
  25. Aug 12, 2011
    This one is real, incredibly powerful, full of eye-popping visuals and a complicated protagonist that is introduced in an almost perfect way with a truly flawless montage to explain his life
  26. Aug 29, 2011
    Uplifting,emotional and comedic. Mixed in perfect proportion.A treat to enjoy and ponder over.The film manages to together universal themes and in the process lead the viewer through an amazing journey complete with fantastic vistas,nail-biting tensionand if there's no one else nearby some choice words toobased on character foibles.
  27. Jan 25, 2013
    reviewers had warned me and exited me before i saw this movie, and i immediately saw it twice, and a third time with director's commentary. pixar's up is so unbelievably good that i am now turning it into a moviegoers duty to once see this movie as a sort of holy pilgrimage. why is it so epic? because it's got everything. action, beautiful set pieces and animation, and, on top of it all, and at the very core, because it's a deeply philosophical movie and a great teacher, and it parallels it's joy so much with it's sadness that it creates a memorable and heave experience. what i like most about the philosophical element is that all the characters are built around a theme, and they all mean something and have something to say, which makes every one stick to my memory. every person in their lifetime has to see up before dying. Expand
  28. Nov 16, 2011
    Up is a great animated film that is among the best from Pixar. It has the most heart warming story that Pixar has ever had and the characters are great.
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    cross your heart.a promise keep all lifetime,a lifetime for a dream,that's awesome.adventure is out there,just follow you heart,work for your dream,what the **** least 150 characters long.
  30. Jun 25, 2013
    Pixar may have created some of their finest work yet in the form of Up, it really packs an emotional punch that is difficult to find these days with real actors involved, but they manage to tell a love story and have a father/son or grandfather/grandson dynamic in this film that also show wonderful visuals that outline just how far the company has come since its Toy Story days.
    With a
    wonderful opening montage that is almost void of any speaking, we are shown a heartbreaking story of love and loss, we are introduced to Carl, and elderly man who is the last remaining housing owner on a piece of land that is trying to be taken away to make room for some major development.
    Carl is threatened with a retirement home so makes plans to get away to Paradise Falls, a place "lost in time", he attaches thousands of balloons to his house and floats off into the sky, but with added guests.
    Russell, a young scout who accidentally tagged along, proves a welcome and hilarious friend for the ageing Carl, his witty lines but angelic charm have made him an unforgettable character in the Pixar family.
    The themes within the film are edgy but realistic in Pixar terms. A film that deals with death, hints of fatherly abandonment and getting old are indeed tough but heartfelt messages, but these have been dealt with brilliantly, the whole film is an adventure of spontaneity and self discovery, don't necessarily plan everything in front of you but perhaps live a little and go with the flow. Carl has lived his whole life wishing to take hsi joinery, but only decides to do so at 78 years old.
    The character of Russell is wonderfully voice acted by Jordan Nagai, who shows the innocence but also sponge-like nature of a child, picking up on everything that their elders do, but there for some blunt truth when necessary. The adventures these two take the viewer on will leave you wanting more and more, with hilarious and over the top antics to rival in of this studios previous efforts.
    This is without doubt one of Pixar's finest efforts, it has plenty of clever but also slapstick humour, an even mix to appeal to the audience in masses, a heartfelt and motivational story of life going on, and is certainly a visual spectacle to behold.
  31. Jan 16, 2012
    Up is timeless, emotional, heartfelt; everything in Up is in the right place its humor, heart and characters everything is just timeless and wonderful. I give this film 97%.
  32. Jun 10, 2012
    Very good and humorous film about an old old man sat in his house on his favourite chair next to his wifes who unfortunately passed away a couple of years back, until he meets a scout boy named Russell, who is wanting his last badge called the "wilderness explorer" badge. Russell and his new old best friend goes flying over the rooftops of thousands of houses to get to the place where the old man has promised his old wife to go, South America, to a waterfall where they could build a house they have planned since the early ages of life, can he get there with a helping hand of Russell and some friends? Personally I LOVED this film and I am surprised there is some negative reviews!! :) great movie! Expand
  33. Dec 29, 2012
    Up is as charming and funny as any adult movie, and it keeps the morality and gentle humanity of a Pixar classic. This is a cinematic masterpiece to behold for all ages, as its flaws are few and far between.
  34. Oct 20, 2012
    to be honest i thought this movie was going to suck the characters are very memorable and the storyline is amazing and 5 minutes in the movie has almost and or balling your eyes out pixar make the best cgi movie and most luckly will always make the best cgi movies this movie is touching moving funny and inspiring you serious let out every emotion possible during this movie and thats the kind of movie that deserves a 10 Expand
  35. Feb 16, 2012
    Pixar rarely disappoints. Another brilliant movie. A very colourful, intriguing and moving movie that will keep you anticipated the whole time. A variety of emotions were felt in this roller coaster ride especially the flashbacks which hits you hard. Definitely worth the nomination of Best Picture. Highly recommended.
  36. Mar 23, 2012
    The most powerful animated film ever made. Truly amazing. I am NOT ashamed to admit that, for most of the movie, I had tears streaming down my face (either due to laughter or sorrow). This is an example of what ALL movies should aspire to achieve: Truth, beauty, and downright awesomeness. :D In Christ, Jesrin.
  37. Nov 23, 2013
    Possibly the most entertaining and heartwarming animated movie I have ever seen. Disney once again creates a touching story that will please children and adults alike.
  38. Jun 21, 2012
    Up was so much better then I thought. Why give it a 6 A 5 or 2 out of 10? This film was amazing so just watch it. Up 9.5/10
  39. May 23, 2012
    just face it disney pixar is THE best at animation nothing can beat them when it comes to animation Wall E: 10/10
    Ratatouille: 10/10
    The Incredibles: 10/10
    Up: 10/10
    Toy Story 1,2 and 3: 10/10 x 3
    EVERY PIXAR MOVIE: 10/10
  40. Dec 23, 2012
    Quite simply Pixar's best film to date. The emotional journey coupled with the eye-popping visuals makes for a film that deals with themes of tragedy, grief and loss encapsulated in such a sweet package - you won't be able to resist. This bravura film leaps beyond the apparent restrictions of an animated film with mature themes whilst still maintaining the innocent sentiments at heart.
  41. Jul 8, 2012
    This could arguably be Pixars greatest work, the first five minutes is without a doubt the greatest opening in cinema, getting all emotional scenes from every film in history and putting them into one beautifully told and stunning scenes. If the film had lived up to this it would undeniably be in the top 10 greatest films in history, but it turns into adventure that is so admirable. Pixar again creates gorgeous visuals and a setting that is truly stunning, it Expand
  42. Nov 9, 2012
    Everyone talks about how sad this movie is, or at least about how sad the beginning is. Personally, I don't think that "sad" is the best word. It was more like...brilliant. Smooth story telling dense with emotion, irresistible humor, lovable and distinct characters, the perfect dose of peril and of course spot on animation. With this moving adventure of love, companionship and discovering the real treasures in life, Pixar has managed to, once again, touch us to the core with the simplest of gestures and in the process add another sparkling gem to their vault. Expand
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    This movie is the only animated movie that made me cry. it´s story is so heartwarming it´s charchaters are grow on you. this movie you must watch or if you donýou will miss one of the most satfiying movies of all time
  44. Dec 3, 2012
    I love the message behind this movie, even though it had such sad moments it is beautiful to understand that it is ok to dream and even though things do not happen the way we first think they would, doesn't mean they wouldn't happen at all.
  45. Feb 5, 2013
    I was really excited for this because it would be the first I can root for a human protagonist (I wasn't a big fan of The Incredibles yet). Pixar upped the ante with this one as it takes the characters from a bustling city to the labyrinthine wilderness. It has the most touching opening of all the movies I've seen and things just get better as the movie progresses.
  46. Feb 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A Thirst for Adventure
    UP is able to create a story that is so riveting and enthralling, you hardly pay attention to the fact that it is an animated adventure. It starts with a miniature story all in its own, of a boy and girl who fall in love and live together happily, then the woman passes away, and his second, more geriatric adventure begins.
    Hate the villains, love the heroes. That is the goal of all movies when it comes to creation of antagonists and protagonists is it not? Up manages to create characters that take form into real people. Their development adds to the peril of the movie by giving a tie to the characters. During most of the movie, a soft background music hums away, gently, hardly loud enough to notice. Without this music however, the story would be lacking a certain quaint feel. Soft and whimsical during the highs, low and menacing during the lows, this movie seems to have all the music exactly where it needs to be. In Pixar fashion, UP is a superbly animated film, unparalleled by any other “cartoons” of its time. UP is definitely in my recommended movies list. No matter how old, or young, all are welcome in this story of heroism and adventure.
  47. Mar 18, 2013
    Apart from Toy Story, this is truly Pixar's finest work to date. Not many studios can make an audience feel this much emotion for a character within the first 15 minutes of a film, but Pixar pulled it off. The rest of the film is brilliant to; it makes you laugh, it makes you cry and it keeps you immensely entertained throughout. One of my favorite films of all time.
  48. Jun 28, 2013
    A hilarious and emotional masterpiece by Pixar. Arguably one of their best films to date. The movie is full of memorable characters, witty dialogue, and excellent animation. A must see.
  49. Jun 18, 2013
    Another great Pixar movie that has characters that you can connect with. Especially Ed Asner's character, you really feel the love he had for his wife and the pain he goes through when she dies. Also the other characters including Doug the dog and Kevin the snipe make for the fun adventure.
  50. Mar 25, 2013
    Hilarious and beautifully written story of a man and a boy navigating through the world of Paradise Falls.
  51. Jun 9, 2013
    This is a Pixar movie that really took me by surprise. It really made me like more than I thought I would. The story is marvelous, the characters are very interesting and the plot is unbelievable. What really surprised me in this movie is how much this movie really has heart. I mean, all Pixar movies have heart, but this one has a lot of it. Basically because the story is about how Carl has to deal with losing his wife. It really impacted my heart-strings in a way that no Pixar movie had done before. Plus, it has its really funny moments as well. I was afraid that this movie would have that quirky childish-like humor, but honestly it didn't. It worked really well for both kids and adults in a much different way. Even the music was made perfectly to the tone of the movie. This movie is definitely in the top 3 best Pixar movies ever made. Not only that, but it's also in my top 5 movies ever made. Overall, it's a powerful Pixar movie. Expand
  52. Apr 26, 2013
    The best 3d animation i have see! The script is very sad, but show us how the life can be simple. On that movie you remember how important is promise.
  53. Jun 2, 2013
    The best Pixar film by far. The emotional breakthrough I had at the end the kindness and chivalry from the main character I left the theatre thinking everyone in the world should be like that
  54. Apr 4, 2014
    I like this movie very much.It has all the thing to make a movie good.I like background music at the starting very much.UP! has me feel Up.IF you are tired of watching drama watch this movie you will not get tired
  55. Jul 4, 2013
    "Up" is charming, heartwarming, and a clever movie that proves that there are always good films out there, even animated. "Up" deals with the strong relationships that we all deal through in life when someone dies, and even though we've dealt with movies like this before, "Up" has human-like emotions, that it exceeds several of other love stories produced. Up's characters are wonderful Carl Fredrickson is an old man who is cranky after his wife's death, but yes, he is likable as his story is so tragic. Russel is the annoying kid, but he deals with the fact that his parent's don't pay attention to him, and... it is emotional. "Up"'s plotline in impeccably told, and deals with the beauty of our world love. After watching "Up", it makes you realize our world and our people, and how we are all connected to others by love and this is beautiful to realize in times like these. Expand
  56. Aug 18, 2013
    Before watching this movie, I had little expectations for something little more than a cliché child's film, I discovered something more. A beautifully animated and written classic. It could possibly have the most emotional 4 minutes of a movie I have ever seen as well as heart gripping soundtrack. The comedy was heartwarming as well as the connection between Carl and Russel. Story telling at it's finest. Expand
  57. Feb 14, 2014
    A stellar creation by Pixar. "Up" is a film I believe is for everyone. That somehow reaches into everyone's souls and pulls out the heart in them. Not just the heart, but the feeling of enjoyment that this film does intend to do. I enjoyed the film from start to finish, not just once, but several times over.
  58. Mar 14, 2014
    people say old people are just mean when you up it tells you old people have a big heart also pixar has a way to creative better films . i always love the old guy in this movie

1. Winsome, touching and arguably the funniest Pixar effort ever, the gorgeously rendered, high-flying adventure is a tidy 90-minute distillation of all the signature touches that came before it.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A captivating odd-couple adventure that becomes funnier and more exciting as it flies along.
  3. By all means, see Up in its 3-D incarnation: The cliff drops are vertiginous, and the scores of balloons--bunched into the shape of one giant balloon--are as pluckable as grapes.