Up

8.8

1. Dec 15, 2011
    Charming, emotional, hilarious, just some of the words that can be used to describe Disney/Pixar's Up. The opening of the film is the saddest thing I've ever seen in anything, and that's coming from a family film. Pixar continue to produce the best.
  2. Dec 22, 2012
    hilariously uplifting adventure
  3. RichardS.
    May 30, 2009
    A splendid film. I'm 67yrs old and me and the wife took our grandkids to see it earlier tonight and we had a wonderful time. A great film that besides the funny jokes and fast action, actually had a message that my grandkids (4, 6, and 9 yrs old) picked up on while we talked about it over dinner afterwards. At first I thought this would be another one of those nonsensical cartoons A splendid film. I'm 67yrs old and me and the wife took our grandkids to see it earlier tonight and we had a wonderful time. A great film that besides the funny jokes and fast action, actually had a message that my grandkids (4, 6, and 9 yrs old) picked up on while we talked about it over dinner afterwards. At first I thought this would be another one of those nonsensical cartoons like that monsters vs aliens film we took them to a month ago, which was typical bubblegum. Up is a wonderful experience for all of us and I cannot commend the filmmakers enough for creating this feature. Expand
  4. AlexM.
    May 30, 2009
    This movie is seriously one of pixars best! The story and emotion to it were amazing! If you are a fan of Toy Story, Monsters Inc, or Finding Nemo, you will find this movie amazing! It is MUCH better than Wall-e, Cars, Ratatui, and The Incredibles. PIXAR IS BACK!!! I rank this movie in the top 3 pixars. GO SEE IT! Some people were crying in the movie!
  5. JulianP.
    May 30, 2009
    Up was easily one of the most entertaining films I have seen in the past 5 years. I am a 19 year old in the Army and along with my like-aged friends, we all found it to be cute, funny and just a great film. It is easy for people of all ages to find comedy in the film from quick gags to actual adult humor that disney and pixar have a nice way of throwing in. To those that remarked on how Up was easily one of the most entertaining films I have seen in the past 5 years. I am a 19 year old in the Army and along with my like-aged friends, we all found it to be cute, funny and just a great film. It is easy for people of all ages to find comedy in the film from quick gags to actual adult humor that disney and pixar have a nice way of throwing in. To those that remarked on how the story was a little deep for younger viewers, never once did the film go deeper into sadness than a view scenes left more for the viewer to fill in their own interpretations. My friends and I found Up to be a great film and easily a new Disney classic. Expand
  6. Bhatts
    May 30, 2009
    breathtaking, frequently hilarious, practically life-affirming.
  7. SamE.
    May 30, 2009
    Brilliant film by Pixar- clearly the masters of animation. Must see film of the year- it is unfortunate that we have people rating this film on its 3D capabilities or on the fact that they believe the film was sad- not all films should produce perfect hollywood closure- it is those who cannot appreciate this concept that are truly missing out. i would advise against listening to anyone Brilliant film by Pixar- clearly the masters of animation. Must see film of the year- it is unfortunate that we have people rating this film on its 3D capabilities or on the fact that they believe the film was sad- not all films should produce perfect hollywood closure- it is those who cannot appreciate this concept that are truly missing out. i would advise against listening to anyone who compares anything to Monsters Vs Aliens period. Expand
  8. KellyP.
    May 30, 2009
    Funny and heartwarming. A great movie is always first and last about a great story, the amazing animation just happens to be the vehicle. Fabulous!
  9. BillPhu
    Jun 2, 2009
    While I don't think that it is nearly as humourous as WALL-E or Monsters vs Aliens 3D, I think that this movie is fantastic in it's own right. The trailers seem to imply that it's another another funny movie in the vein as previous productions, but it isn't There is humour, but there's far more romanticism than in any recent animated movies. It's touching,While I don't think that it is nearly as humourous as WALL-E or Monsters vs Aliens 3D, I think that this movie is fantastic in it's own right. The trailers seem to imply that it's another another funny movie in the vein as previous productions, but it isn't There is humour, but there's far more romanticism than in any recent animated movies. It's touching, and some of the themes such as promises, loss and family may be lost on a younger (i.e. < 10) crowd, but that doesn't make this a bad movie. Expand
  10. KarenJ
    May 29, 2009
    Hilarious and Heartwarming. It's Pixars most poignant and human story yet. Loved it!!!
  11. JoeI.
    May 29, 2009
    Best movie I've ever seen, ever.
  12. PatL.
    May 29, 2009
    Exellent. Touching, funny, and thoroughly entertaining. Great score also.
  13. MichelZ.
    May 30, 2009
    Once again Pixar manages to explore themes that will soar above children's heads. At times moving Pixar manages to tell a story that transcends the genre of animation. One must wonder if children can enjoy such sad stories, yet it begs the question, should we care if children enjoy it, Pixar does not make children's films anymore. Their films speak to the human experience and I Once again Pixar manages to explore themes that will soar above children's heads. At times moving Pixar manages to tell a story that transcends the genre of animation. One must wonder if children can enjoy such sad stories, yet it begs the question, should we care if children enjoy it, Pixar does not make children's films anymore. Their films speak to the human experience and I would guess are more enjoyable for adults. The film is truly extraordinary in its ability to mesh seemingly incongruous elements, one would not think that all the elements of this movie would fit together, and yet they do. It is a movie that leaves you so completely emotionally satisfied that your only recourse is to see it again. Expand
  14. JoeC.
    May 30, 2009
    Another triumph for Pixar. A beautiful and romantic tale. Great characters. It was so refreshing to have a elderly hero from a modest station express so much that is wonderful about the human experience. Despite the uplifting vibe, the presence of loss and longing saved the movie from the mediocrity of typical Disney factory drivel. The movie was very funny. The 3D certainly enhanced the Another triumph for Pixar. A beautiful and romantic tale. Great characters. It was so refreshing to have a elderly hero from a modest station express so much that is wonderful about the human experience. Despite the uplifting vibe, the presence of loss and longing saved the movie from the mediocrity of typical Disney factory drivel. The movie was very funny. The 3D certainly enhanced the experience and was seldom distracting. Despite the PG rating I found it to be appropriate for my 3 year old, who did get a little bored due to the relaxed pacing of the film and a mild cold. After 3 unbelievable home runs with Ratatoille, Wall-E and now UP, I am a little disappointed that Pixar will return next year with Toy Story 3. These are some of the greatest family films made. Every new and original story is a treasure. Collapse
  15. RachelB.
    May 30, 2009
    Fantastic film, very heartfelt and sweet, perfect for children and adults, disney/pixar can no do wrong!
  16. HaroldB.
    May 30, 2009
    Up was a terrific film through and through. The Story is the show here as the entire cast of characters are so endearing and relatable. It was touching, melancholy, hilarious, and uplifting (no pun intended), all rolled into a sure to be timeless film. The 3D was used in an immersive way which is to show scope and depth, which is refreshing since all 3D movies lately go for the cheap Up was a terrific film through and through. The Story is the show here as the entire cast of characters are so endearing and relatable. It was touching, melancholy, hilarious, and uplifting (no pun intended), all rolled into a sure to be timeless film. The 3D was used in an immersive way which is to show scope and depth, which is refreshing since all 3D movies lately go for the cheap gimmicks of things pointing at you and coming at you at every frame. My entire family loved it. Heck, I thought some themes will sail over my 3 yr old daughter and 5 yr old son's heads, but they were riveted the entire time. We'll definitely be seeing this again. I commend Pixar for being brave and willing to incorporate difficult themes along with fun and happy themes, because that's what life really is. Expand
  17. EvanB.
    May 29, 2009
    A fantastic movie in every aspect! We as movie-goers should support Pixar for what they are achieving because it is high-quality family entertainment! Highly recommended.
  18. bobrich
    May 29, 2009
    Stupendous amazing funny spectacular there was a smile on my face the whole movie.
  19. ChadB
    May 29, 2009
    WOW ! I once again bow at you Pixar. The entire family enjoyed it, and my kids really got something about the movie besides the laughs and gags. They talked about taking care of parents/grandparents, spending time with them, how the simple things in life can be just as fun and memorable, and the like. We'll definitely see this again this summer.
  20. BobE.
    May 29, 2009
    This movie is not only heartwarming from beginning to end, but you will be wetting your pants throughout with the hilarious jokes sprinkled in. I'll admit that I doubted Pixar when I heard about the off-the-wall plot line, but I will never doubt them again. Pixar has once again proven that they are at the front line of animation development in the modern day.
  21. JimG
    May 29, 2009
    A wonderful movie. A human story that captivates both the young and old. I like how they did not use 3D in a gimmicky way like what was in Monsters v.s. Aliens. The 3D here did not resort to throwing and pointing things at you incessantly. The 3D was utilized more to convey the scope and depth of the mountains, cliffs, and the airborne scenes, so much so it felt like you were up in the A wonderful movie. A human story that captivates both the young and old. I like how they did not use 3D in a gimmicky way like what was in Monsters v.s. Aliens. The 3D here did not resort to throwing and pointing things at you incessantly. The 3D was utilized more to convey the scope and depth of the mountains, cliffs, and the airborne scenes, so much so it felt like you were up in the air yourself. This was a movie filmed in 3D, not a 3D movie. The story is the star of the film by far, and you'll be wowed whether you see it in 2D or 3D. A magnificent addition to the Pixar library. We can all argue til we are blue about which Pixar is the best (my vote still belongs to Wall-E at this point) .But UP stands alone as Pixars most human story. Expand
  22. Aug 12, 2010
    This is definitely one of Pixar's best animated features.
    The story is so lovely that one cannot but find one's eyes watering while watching the first 20 minutes of the film and getting to see two people in love living their lives. It is just so moving that one cannot resist falling in love with it immediately.
    The Academy Award winning score is definitely one of the highlights of the
    This is definitely one of Pixar's best animated features.
    The Academy Award winning score is definitely one of the highlights of the film, due to its ability to give depth to our perception of the scenes and of the film in general.

Surely, it is not Wall-E and it does not have such a "great idea" behind it as environmentalism and the future of humanity. But, in a way, it does more so: it is about the very basis of humanity - peoples ability to love beyond what is required of them and the realisation of love's importance in our lives. Maybe, after all, it is like Wall-E... or even better so, since through an ordinary person's story it can create a whole new world without having to make much effort. That's greatness.
  23. Jan 9, 2011
    A brilliant, unique movie. One of the best children's movie I watched.
  24. May 21, 2012
    Though it is not the best Pixar film (for me, Ratatouille takes that spot), it is still a great movie. I love the fact that this this movie is very diverse, it has comedy moments, dramatic moments, action moments and a lot more. The flow of the story is brilliant, from start to finish, making the plot of the movie clear and understandable. And I appreciate that they make this more of anThough it is not the best Pixar film (for me, Ratatouille takes that spot), it is still a great movie. I love the fact that this this movie is very diverse, it has comedy moments, dramatic moments, action moments and a lot more. The flow of the story is brilliant, from start to finish, making the plot of the movie clear and understandable. And I appreciate that they make this more of an animation movie (which we all know that these movies are mostly for kids), where adults can relate. Yet again, Pixar has again produced an amazing movie and I am looking forward for more Pixar movies in the future... Expand
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    Another great Pixar movie that has characters that you can connect with. Especially Ed Asner's character, you really feel the love he had for his wife and the pain he goes through when she dies. Also the other characters including Doug the dog and Kevin the snipe make for the fun adventure.
  26. Aug 5, 2013
    Up es una replica a seguir de como hacer y aprovechar una pelicula teniendo en cuenta los sentimientos y valores que hay que dar en este tipo de peliculas, una excelente muestra del amor en todo sentido y una pelicula mas que adorar de entre otras de Pixar
  27. Oct 13, 2014
    Touching, hilarious, and really funny, not to mention that the opening part is so sad and heart-warming. This is a film that you need to see. It tells a great love story, has memorable characters, and is nothing but a great adventure.
  28. Jan 14, 2015
    Up is a film that touches your heart emotionally with its great animation, touching story and loveable characters. A must watch for anyone, even the people who don't like animation need to experience this movie.
  29. Mar 12, 2015
    Pixar always makes the best movies that touch us, such as Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. This movie made me cry and laugh. Every great movie gives you both. Another outstanding story made by Pixar, about always going for your dreams, the limits are endless for adventure.
  30. Jul 13, 2015
    An absolute joy to watch. Up, although harrowing and touching, is also action packed and adventurous. One of, if not the best Pixar film to date. If you haven't seen this, you're definitely missing out.

1. Winsome, touching and arguably the funniest Pixar effort ever, the gorgeously rendered, high-flying adventure is a tidy 90-minute distillation of all the signature touches that came before it.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A captivating odd-couple adventure that becomes funnier and more exciting as it flies along.
  3. By all means, see Up in its 3-D incarnation: The cliff drops are vertiginous, and the scores of balloons--bunched into the shape of one giant balloon--are as pluckable as grapes.