8.8

1. Dec 15, 2011
    Charming, emotional, hilarious, just some of the words that can be used to describe Disney/Pixar's Up. The opening of the film is the saddest thing I've ever seen in anything, and that's coming from a family film. Pixar continue to produce the best.
  2. Aug 12, 2010
    This is definitely one of Pixar's best animated features.
    The story is so lovely that one cannot but find one's eyes watering while watching the first 20 minutes of the film and getting to see two people in love living their lives. It is just so moving that one cannot resist falling in love with it immediately.
    The Academy Award winning score is definitely one of the highlights of the
    This is definitely one of Pixar's best animated features.
    The Academy Award winning score is definitely one of the highlights of the film, due to its ability to give depth to our perception of the scenes and of the film in general.

Surely, it is not Wall-E and it does not have such a "great idea" behind it as environmentalism and the future of humanity. But, in a way, it does more so: it is about the very basis of humanity - peoples ability to love beyond what is required of them and the realisation of love's importance in our lives. Maybe, after all, it is like Wall-E... or even better so, since through an ordinary person's story it can create a whole new world without having to make much effort. That's greatness.
  3. Jan 9, 2011
    A brilliant, unique movie. One of the best children's movie I watched.
  4. May 21, 2012
    Though it is not the best Pixar film (for me, Ratatouille takes that spot), it is still a great movie. I love the fact that this this movie is very diverse, it has comedy moments, dramatic moments, action moments and a lot more. The flow of the story is brilliant, from start to finish, making the plot of the movie clear and understandable. And I appreciate that they make this more of anThough it is not the best Pixar film (for me, Ratatouille takes that spot), it is still a great movie. I love the fact that this this movie is very diverse, it has comedy moments, dramatic moments, action moments and a lot more. The flow of the story is brilliant, from start to finish, making the plot of the movie clear and understandable. And I appreciate that they make this more of an animation movie (which we all know that these movies are mostly for kids), where adults can relate. Yet again, Pixar has again produced an amazing movie and I am looking forward for more Pixar movies in the future... Expand
  5. Aug 5, 2013
    Up es una replica a seguir de como hacer y aprovechar una pelicula teniendo en cuenta los sentimientos y valores que hay que dar en este tipo de peliculas, una excelente muestra del amor en todo sentido y una pelicula mas que adorar de entre otras de Pixar
  6. Mar 12, 2015
    Pixar always makes the best movies that touch us, such as Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. This movie made me cry and laugh. Every great movie gives you both. Another outstanding story made by Pixar, about always going for your dreams, the limits are endless for adventure.
  7. Sep 29, 2011
    Animation giant Pixar walks into 2009 with their new animation "Up". The movie is so organized and amazing, all I could suggest to you is to just shut up and watch the movie.
  8. Jan 24, 2011
    Pixar at it's finest, showing that an animated film doesn't have to rely only on humour but also can be quite emotional. Within the first 10 minutes of the movie you automatically feel for the main character and become emotionally involved in the film, that alone got me really impressed, Great animation backed up with great characters ( as any dog owner would agree ) , very funny moviePixar at it's finest, showing that an animated film doesn't have to rely only on humour but also can be quite emotional. Within the first 10 minutes of the movie you automatically feel for the main character and become emotionally involved in the film, that alone got me really impressed, Great animation backed up with great characters ( as any dog owner would agree ) , very funny movie that also pulls at your heart strings. A Must see.. A classic. Expand
  9. Aug 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Up was PIXAR's masterpiece. I mean this movie was absolutely perfect. The characters were hilarious and you could relate to them very well. Doug the dog was the best comic relief ever in an animated film. The plot was extremely original it's not funny. That doesn't mean the movie's not humorous though. It's freaking hilarious and it's also possibly the best movie I've ever seen. The overall movie is 11/10 and it is just - GORGEOUS!

The movie definitely proves "Adventure is out there!" Well there definitely is. Also this movie is also the first I cried while watching. The first 5 minutes and the bit where Carl is flicking through Ellie's photo album/adventure book. PIXAR has done it again and they're still yet to make a dud. Cars was the closest thing to a dud. Up is so much better than any other animated movie this year. Coraline is pretty damn close to Up and so is Mary and Max. Anyone hear heard of Harvie Krumpet? Well Mary and Max was made by the same guy. Up is the animated king of 2009.
  10. Nov 17, 2012
    Tells one of the greatest love stories in cinematic history in a brisk eight minutes. That, as is the film itself, is a wonderful, awe aspiring work of genius.
  11. Apr 7, 2011
    I've always enjoyed Edward Asner's voice work since Freakazoid (a cartoon not many of you may know), and he does an excellent job here. A sweet tale and a fun adventure on a flying house make this another Pixar classic.
  12. Aug 11, 2010
    This is my favorite film from Pixar, besides Monsters Inc. The story about finding an adventure to embark on and enjoy the ride is the over riding theme of this film. The quirky characters are not to be forgotten and emotional depth the film takes you as experience the joys and pitfalls of life.
  13. Aug 14, 2010
    UP is about an old man named Carl who sets out on an adventure, to fulfil his childhood sweetheartâ
  14. Aug 17, 2010
    This was the best Pixar movie I've ever seen. I loved it, even thought it was sad it had a great story. The animation was very real, Blu-Ray is the way to go with this movie as well.
  15. Aug 27, 2010
    In terms of emotional immersion, characterization, humor, and just good old-fashioned entertainment, Pixar puts all other summer fare to shame.
  16. Aug 29, 2010
    Up is a great family film,it is uplifting,funny,and and at event some parts dramatic.In my opinion it is one of the best movie to come out last year. The story is sweet and the visuals are great. These CGI graphics are outstanding,and look better than most high budget action movies. The acting is good,and each voice fits the charachters perfectly. The background score is great,and fitsUp is a great family film,it is uplifting,funny,and and at event some parts dramatic.In my opinion it is one of the best movie to come out last year. The story is sweet and the visuals are great. These CGI graphics are outstanding,and look better than most high budget action movies. The acting is good,and each voice fits the charachters perfectly. The background score is great,and fits perfectly to whats happening. This is one of Pixar's best and is a must see. Expand
  17. Oct 6, 2010
    The beginning montage is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The movie has enough for both adults and children to enjoy. All in all a fantastic story that reminds us all the seize the day!
  18. Nov 22, 2010
    After losing his wife, Mr. Frederickson finally finds adventure as he strings a plethora of balloons to the top of his house and tries to fly himself to South America, where his wife had always wanted to go since she was young but never got the chance. But when a 9-year old obnoxious fellow swings on for the ride, Mr. Federickson has to learn to deal with him after a conflict arises onceAfter losing his wife, Mr. Frederickson finally finds adventure as he strings a plethora of balloons to the top of his house and tries to fly himself to South America, where his wife had always wanted to go since she was young but never got the chance. But when a 9-year old obnoxious fellow swings on for the ride, Mr. Federickson has to learn to deal with him after a conflict arises once landing in South America. Up is definitely a film for the entire family to feel excited about. The intial first 10 minutes are very heartwarming, but loses that warmth a little once the adventure begins, soon feeling like a shorter, much toned down adventure once it ends. Without a doubt Pixar delivers quality animation once again, but the feeling is different once the end credits, the same I saw in Cars and Monster's Inc. But definitely another masterpiece for 2009. Expand
  19. Aug 13, 2011
    By all standards, this is Pixar's most beautiful, most enjoyable, deepest and funniest movie ever. I've had a smile throughout the whole movie, and all I can say is: terrific. It was such a refreshing feature and the story line was unique at it's best and worst. I didn't know what to expect when I went to see the movie. I thought it would be just another bubblegum animation, but boy, was IBy all standards, this is Pixar's most beautiful, most enjoyable, deepest and funniest movie ever. I've had a smile throughout the whole movie, and all I can say is: terrific. It was such a refreshing feature and the story line was unique at it's best and worst. I didn't know what to expect when I went to see the movie. I thought it would be just another bubblegum animation, but boy, was I wrong. This is the most pleasant surprise I've ever experienced in my whole life. The characters are so sympathetic and the dogs are extremely funny. Pixar did it again. Expand
  20. Jul 2, 2011
    Pixar continues to amaze me with the quality of their films. They have mastered the art of film-making and could change the way you think about the world with a colour or a sound. With "Up" they take you on an journey of subtle but dark emotion and quirky humor, exploring circumstances not unlike to those we experience in our lives. The script breathes life and genuine emotion into eachPixar continues to amaze me with the quality of their films. They have mastered the art of film-making and could change the way you think about the world with a colour or a sound. With "Up" they take you on an journey of subtle but dark emotion and quirky humor, exploring circumstances not unlike to those we experience in our lives. The script breathes life and genuine emotion into each character and perfectly selected tracks are only a few of the things that makes 'Up" so brilliant. It is a perfect family film and will make you cry and laugh till the end. Expand
  21. Dec 20, 2010
    I love every part .it is my favorite movie. it is funny in every shape and form. it is so cool. something bad happens ,but it turns out ok .there are thousands of movies , but RENT this .
  22. Jun 30, 2011
    The opening seen in this is one of the few times a character death in a movie has actually saddened me. One of the most emotionally magnificent films ever crafted. The animation is incredibly vibrant, the score is rich and beautiful, and the voice acting is incredibly convincing. After hearing the story about the little girl who died after seeing this film, I only watch this film with moreThe opening seen in this is one of the few times a character death in a movie has actually saddened me. One of the most emotionally magnificent films ever crafted. The animation is incredibly vibrant, the score is rich and beautiful, and the voice acting is incredibly convincing. After hearing the story about the little girl who died after seeing this film, I only watch this film with more respect . A fantastic work of art. No wonder it was only the second animated film nominated for the Best Picture Oscar, this is amazing. Expand
  23. Nov 7, 2011
    How many movies have an old man as a lead character? Very few, and its this original approach to film making that makes Pixar so good. The characters, story, animation and design of this film are brilliantly crafted. Up is just sort of being a masterpiece, it's a great animated American movie.
  24. Jun 28, 2011
    This film, I found it very well made. It has a serious story line but great depth of character and some very funny seance. its slower pace sets it of from other animations with its dark beginning showing it to be film encompassing older generations.
  25. Apr 1, 2012
    I'm two years late to the party, but glad I arrived there anyways. I rarely get moved by a movie, but this one had me on the brink of crying more than once. The characters are likeable, the surroundings beautiful, and the story emotional. If you haven't seen it already I highly advice you to do so.
  26. Aug 12, 2011
    This one is real, incredibly powerful, full of eye-popping visuals and a complicated protagonist that is introduced in an almost perfect way with a truly flawless montage to explain his life
  27. Aug 29, 2011
    Uplifting,emotional and comedic. Mixed in perfect proportion.A treat to enjoy and ponder over.The film manages to together universal themes and in the process lead the viewer through an amazing journey complete with fantastic vistas,nail-biting tensionand if there's no one else nearby some choice words toobased on character foibles.
  28. Jan 25, 2013
    reviewers had warned me and exited me before i saw this movie, and i immediately saw it twice, and a third time with director's commentary. pixar's up is so unbelievably good that i am now turning it into a moviegoers duty to once see this movie as a sort of holy pilgrimage. why is it so epic? because it's got everything. action, beautiful set pieces and animation, and, on top of it all,reviewers had warned me and exited me before i saw this movie, and i immediately saw it twice, and a third time with director's commentary. pixar's up is so unbelievably good that i am now turning it into a moviegoers duty to once see this movie as a sort of holy pilgrimage. why is it so epic? because it's got everything. action, beautiful set pieces and animation, and, on top of it all, and at the very core, because it's a deeply philosophical movie and a great teacher, and it parallels it's joy so much with it's sadness that it creates a memorable and heave experience. what i like most about the philosophical element is that all the characters are built around a theme, and they all mean something and have something to say, which makes every one stick to my memory. every person in their lifetime has to see up before dying. Expand
  29. Nov 16, 2011
    Up is a great animated film that is among the best from Pixar. It has the most heart warming story that Pixar has ever had and the characters are great.
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    cross your heart.a promise keep all lifetime,a lifetime for a dream,that's awesome.adventure is out there,just follow you heart,work for your dream,what the **** least 150 characters long.

1. Winsome, touching and arguably the funniest Pixar effort ever, the gorgeously rendered, high-flying adventure is a tidy 90-minute distillation of all the signature touches that came before it.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A captivating odd-couple adventure that becomes funnier and more exciting as it flies along.
  3. By all means, see Up in its 3-D incarnation: The cliff drops are vertiginous, and the scores of balloons--bunched into the shape of one giant balloon--are as pluckable as grapes.