6.1

1. Nov 18, 2010
    A very interesting historical piece, and entertaining the whole way through. The end result seems to be worth the struggles endured in production, to film at some of the original sites.
  2. Apr 12, 2012
    Director Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects) brings to life one of the most bold and daring plots in history. Colonel Stauffenberg (Tom Cruise) rewrites Hitler's Valkyrie so that his band of German rebels, genuinely concerned for their country's future, may initiate it and bring about the downfall of Hitler, and consequently, peace. Overall, the film was excellent. It dramatized the incredible events leading up to and during the assassination attempt very well, the acting was incredible, the characters very well developed, with a moving finale that is guaranteed to give you goosebumps. How many of us would actually stand up for what we believe in? Expand
  3. Mar 16, 2013
    After I've read some of the negative reviews of this movie, I was kind of unmotivated to watch this one. However, right now I'm glad I did give it a try. This is one of the few cases where I believe the negative reviewers are wrong.

A lot of historical facts pass by in this movie, during World War II. Those facts were well-researched, and I couldn't really find false facts. It gives a
    very good view on what Operation Walküre is about. I strongly suggest this movie to everyone who's interested in war movie's. No matter what, you will have learned something afterwards.

There's also a continuous tensions that won't let you go. Don't let the negative reviews mislead you, I strongly recommend this one!

1. Singer has crafted a fine film. One just wishes for greater details -- and a different ending.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Has visual splendor galore, but is a cold work lacking in the requisite tension and suspense.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Mendelson
    Valkyrie just misses out on being a great film (it’s no Black Book), but it easily merits mention as a good one.