6.4

1. Feb 25, 2013
    I was utterly surprised at just how much I enjoyed this movie. It's not good and and has allot of corny moments, but none of which that ruin it. In fact all of its flaws actually give it some charm and as a comedy this movie really does do something slightly different with a very tired genre. Vamps is funny, charming and I really enjoyed it. Don't expect a grade A film, but watch itI was utterly surprised at just how much I enjoyed this movie. It's not good and and has allot of corny moments, but none of which that ruin it. In fact all of its flaws actually give it some charm and as a comedy this movie really does do something slightly different with a very tired genre. Vamps is funny, charming and I really enjoyed it. Don't expect a grade A film, but watch it expecting a warm, heart felt comedy that really seems to have fun with itself. Expand
  2. Nov 2, 2012
    I love this movie! Alicia Silverstone and Krysten Ritter are so cute and funny! Plus it is really smart and heartbreaking. Alot more than you'd expect from ads.

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Nov 8, 2012
    Charming at times but surprisingly cheap-feeling given the cast Heckerling has assembled.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Nov 7, 2012
    Heckerling always manages to get her finger firmly on the pulse of the contemporary moment, and while her club-hopping heroines may be undead, they serve as adorable metaphors for what the filmmaker sees as a zombified moment in cultural history.
  3. Reviewed by: Melissa Anderson
    Nov 6, 2012
    Reteaming with Silverstone, the alpha matchmaker of "Clueless," for Vamps, Heckerling uses the actress as the mouthpiece for her complaints about how dumb everyone is today. The writer-director's nostalgia feeds the laziest type of cultural critique: never piercing, just grumpy.