Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: February 14, 1997
7.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 81 Ratings
Watch Now
SteveH.Mar 24, 2006
I loved the Vacation movies, even European Vacation which was panned by the critics. But Vegas Vacation? I almost chuckled once but otherwise this movie was ridiculously bad. No wonder it went straight to DVD!
0 of 0 users found this helpful
smithbhurricaneSep 9, 2012
This is a fun movie and does not deserve the negative score that it has. Is it as good as the original? No, but it is entertaining and IMO better than European Vacation.
NShep53Dec 6, 2017
Vegas Vacation for some reason is considered a bad movie. For a PG rated comedy, this has a lot of laughs and the performances are top notch. This is Chevy's last great movie performance and Randy Quaid is hilarious. Underrated flick.
lukechristianscAug 1, 2015
What ever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, at this point this movie should stay there long and forgotten. This film is so warn out and the characters are fleshed out, no I haven't watched European Vacation but I don't need to because IWhat ever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, at this point this movie should stay there long and forgotten. This film is so warn out and the characters are fleshed out, no I haven't watched European Vacation but I don't need to because I already know the franchise is a disaster and this movie proves it also be more disappointed when there's one more vacation movie starring Randy Quaid. Chevy Chase returns as dimwitted dad Clark W. Griswold in a pratfall-down funny romp bouncing from the casino to a Hoover Dam tour to Vegas shows and more. Chase and Quaid try to be those funny characters we use to know, but their characters are in this tiresome disaster unfunny franchise that should end. Grade D- Expand
TheDude-Aug 23, 2015
Vegas Vacation is a weaker entry in the vacation series that has the well written humour that the series is known for but is also laced with many jokes that fall very flat
6/10:Worth a watch for the genuinely funny moments but has to many
6/10:Worth a watch for the genuinely funny moments but has to many jokes that fall flat to be called a comedy worthwhile.
Duke_NukemOct 9, 2015
Clearly less funny than its predecessors National Lampoon's Vacation (1983), Europe Vacation (1985) and Christmas Vacation (1989) Vegas Vacation is still an enjoyable movie for the whole family.

This time around Clark Griswold takes his

This time around Clark Griswold takes his wife and kids to Vegas, what place is better to take your kids right? Chevy Chase is funny as Always. Wayne "toothpaste commercial" Newton tries to score with his wife Ellen Griswold, and his teenager kids rather go their own way then spend one more minute with mom and dad.

This Vacation movie has the prettiest Audrey, played by Marisol Nichols. It's funny that the Griswold children are played by different actors in every Vacation movie.

The only scene in the movie which I didn't like was when Clark Griswold swings over the Hoover Dam. Not only were the special effects really bad, but I didn't think that scene was funny at all.

Why are European Vacation and Christmas Vacation not on metacritic anyway?
wafflemanFeb 23, 2016
In my opinion, this is the third best vacation movie, behind Vacation and Christmas Vacation. European Vacation wasn't all that funny. With that said, this is a slightly funny movie. Not a fantastic plot, but still funny. It follows theIn my opinion, this is the third best vacation movie, behind Vacation and Christmas Vacation. European Vacation wasn't all that funny. With that said, this is a slightly funny movie. Not a fantastic plot, but still funny. It follows the Griswolds on a trip to Las Vegas, and then the whole family separates and does their own thing. Cousin Eddie's scenes were funny, but I could go without him for a few scenes. The ending was also kind of cute, when all the Griswolds got their own car. Expand