Volver

8.7

1. CarlosR.
    Feb 28, 2008
    This was not an enjoyable Almodovar film. I enjoyed Bad Education and Talk to Her; however, I despised Live Flesh and All About my Mother. I expected the film to be on the better side, as most of his recent films were proving to be increasingly impressive. Yet, All About my Mother seems a little unshocking and I think that the comedic aspect was intended to be in the shock value of This was not an enjoyable Almodovar film. I enjoyed Bad Education and Talk to Her; however, I despised Live Flesh and All About my Mother. I expected the film to be on the better side, as most of his recent films were proving to be increasingly impressive. Yet, All About my Mother seems a little unshocking and I think that the comedic aspect was intended to be in the shock value of unexpected behaviors to normatively morose moments. Expand
  2. JessicaL.
    Nov 13, 2006
    This was the best movie I've seen in the past two years.
  3. richardd.
    Nov 19, 2006
    Superb! Fabulous writing, great acting, and the brightest, funniest, sharpest, warmest movie possible about a family's tragedies.
  4. JimG.
    Nov 23, 2006
    While I enjoyed Almodóvar's "La Mala Educación," it is refreshing to see his return to strong female characters. And the ensemble of wonderful actresses (from Chus Lampreave to the newcomer Yohana Cobo) does not disappoint. With the exception of a bit of lip synching, it was a pleasure to watch.
  5. JIgnacioM.
    Nov 28, 2006
    I like my movies with beautiful cinematography, well composed sets.....real-like engaging stories....and an all together a seamless work of art.....but all of Almodovar films are too complicated and never ending.....too much.....I wonder if he ever went to film school......The only movie I liked somwhat more than the rest was Talk to Her......and I liked bits and pieces of the rest of I like my movies with beautiful cinematography, well composed sets.....real-like engaging stories....and an all together a seamless work of art.....but all of Almodovar films are too complicated and never ending.....too much.....I wonder if he ever went to film school......The only movie I liked somwhat more than the rest was Talk to Her......and I liked bits and pieces of the rest of them......and I do like his homosexual and tranvestite characters ( he gets thumps up for using these charatcers in such a natural way) ....Maybe if an american director/ studio remakes his movies, maybe they would work for me. Expand
  6. AnjelOne
    Dec 24, 2006
    This film is somehow lighthearted and complex at the same time. This goes with the characters, the plot, the scenes, all of it. I don't know about it being a chick flick, but it is definitely dark enough for those who want depth and light enough for those who want wonder. Even though it ends abruptly, it finishes completely.
  7. kobij.
    Dec 29, 2006
    Overblown blah blah telenovela flat and meaningless much ado about very little.
  8. Jul 22, 2013
    With a predominantly female cast, the story is unveiled in quite a refreshing and unusual way. I have to admit I did like the way everything was taken in a very practical way. No navel gazing going on here! All the performances were excellent with Penélope Cruz showing us just what a great actress she is, this time in her native tongue. Although I felt it was good, I didn’t feel it wasWith a predominantly female cast, the story is unveiled in quite a refreshing and unusual way. I have to admit I did like the way everything was taken in a very practical way. No navel gazing going on here! All the performances were excellent with Penélope Cruz showing us just what a great actress she is, this time in her native tongue. Although I felt it was good, I didn’t feel it was great; maybe a second viewing at a later date might knock it over that level, but for now, it didn’t quite get over the line. Still, there is much to admire here and I’m glad I took the time to give it a look.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED

My score: 7.4/10
  9. Oct 3, 2012
    With the help of excellent actresses and great plots we watch the film and remain speechless. Especially Carmen Maura in the role of the mother is a masterpiece. Cruz, the muse of Almodovar, is a natural force of the character, which she created. Colourful scenery, which is an excellent choice, contrasts with full of ridiculous or scary ideas. The scenario still surprises spectator. It isWith the help of excellent actresses and great plots we watch the film and remain speechless. Especially Carmen Maura in the role of the mother is a masterpiece. Cruz, the muse of Almodovar, is a natural force of the character, which she created. Colourful scenery, which is an excellent choice, contrasts with full of ridiculous or scary ideas. The scenario still surprises spectator. It is hard to find as good as here analyse of women Expand
  10. May 30, 2016
    Another great movie from my fave writer/director Pedro Almodovar. His movies are always so quirky and engrossing.

Watch it online for free: http://www.watchfree.to/watch-15e2-Volver-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

Part noir-comedy, part ghost story, but it's mostly a potent reflection on how where we come from shapes us, in ways we can't understand until we've been away for a long, long while.
  2. It's very difficult to mesh fantasy with reality, but with great charm and a light touch, Almodovar shows exactly how it should be done.
    Peopled with superbly drawn, attractive characters smoothly integrated into a well-turned, low-tricks plotline, Volver may rep Almodovar's most conventional piece to date, but it is also his most reflective, a subdued, sometimes intense and often comic homecoming that celebrates the pueblo and people that shaped his imagination.