3.5

1. May 17, 2014
    If I could give this a negative 1, I would. I was a huge fan of the classic TV shoe on BBC, but this is just plain stupid. It's a waste of time, believe me. Whoever made this movie obviously never even heard of the show.
  2. Dec 21, 2013
    I wish the trailers had been more specific. This is clearly geared towards kids and it was just so not what I was expecting or looking forward to. I wanted an epic quest of a dinosaur, not a stupid generic story and all the dumb voice actors and facts.
  3. Dec 29, 2013
    Spoiler: The plot is WALKING. With DINOSAURS.

Took my kids to see this during the christmas break. My son (3) is obsessed with Dinosaurs, and as such would be pleased with pretty much anything, but he got bored after a while. There were none of the 'big name' dinosaurs (no T Rex, no Triceratops, velociraptors or brachiosaurs), and the story was told in a weird 'voice over' of the
    characters conversing rather than them actually talking, or it being narrated properly.

Can't recommend it at all. Personally, I'd struggle to pluck up the enthusiasm to watch it again if it was on the TV and I could do it for free...
  4. Dec 21, 2013
    Ultimately, the problem with Walking with Dinosaurs is that it unfolds like a decent 3D documentary screened at a museum theater which ultimately makes it a C-grade theatrical feature.
  5. Dec 20, 2013
    This could have been a magnificent 3-D adventure, while it still has good 3-D there was one big issue from the very start. The moment this movie spoke its first bit of screenplay, I felt like I was going to rip my hair off! The screenplay is absolutely horrible! Plus, the characters are completely uninteresting in every turn, who came up with this crappy cast. But at times when the movie just went straight it's plain 3-D marvel, it felt good. But sadly, it doesn't last for long! Overall, this is a God-Awful piece of cinema! I feel that I should rate this movie lower, but I'm being pretty generous because of all the fantastic movies that have came out recently! I give this crap a D! Expand
  6. Dec 20, 2013
    This movie is just for kids mostly it stops for a second just to teach you about the specimen and the main plot is generic as it sounds older brother overshadows younger brother and younger brother redeems him self i know i've seen a movie with this plot before if someone reads this review thell me which movie has this plot. Another thing the begining of the movie is bad just some uncle taking his nephew and niece to dig up a fossil in Alaska and then a bird talks to the nephew and it is trippy because there is no voice sync i did like the animation and atmosphere of the movie but this is the worst way of the land before time but in CGI in 3-D i don't recomend whatching it if your a dinosaur fan or achiolagist watch it with your kid cause he'll like it Expand
  7. Feb 11, 2014
    THIS MOVIE IS ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN. I left the theater early and I have never done that in a movie before. The trailers should have showed that it wasn't some documentary narrated by some british dude But an annoying kids movie. DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE.
  8. chw
    Jul 20, 2014
    Walking with Dinosaurs is such a terrible movie!!! The dinosaurs in the movie were so cool, but then they just ruined the effect when the dinosaurs' mouths don't move when they talk! Either way, what they supposedly say when they portray the dinosaurs sounds incredibly idiotic for a dinosaur to say if they had anything TO say.

1. Reviewed by: Nathan Rabin
    Dec 20, 2013
    The film aspires to educate as well as entertain, rattling off the names and relevant distinctions of various dinosaurs as they appear onscreen for the first time. But the overwhelming impression the film leaves is that dinosaur poop was enormous.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Sobczynski
    Dec 20, 2013
    A film that is not so much bad — although it is quite bad — as it is utterly inexplicable.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Dec 20, 2013
    Purists may still quail at the little bit of anthropomorphism going on, but it seems a small price to pay to broaden the audience for a family film that seeks to do more than just entertain.