8.3

1. Feb 19, 2013
    This movie has great satirical setting that makes fun of corporate money grabbing. This movie reminds me of combination of Grosse Pointe Blank and Lord of War.
    For me this was not political film although it sure does make fun of politics well enough its more about great characters in a story that does not want to be taken seriously in the first place.
    The acting is superb by all in the
    The acting is superb by all in the film by both Cusaks and the rest cast plus its just silly funny movie.
  2. RyanD
    Aug 5, 2009
    In my opinion, possibly the greatest indy movie every made. I really, absolutely, HATED Hillary Duff's character, which is essentially an over rated slutly pop star with no education. (how ironic that shes being played by an over rated sluty popstar) but props goes to Cusak for probably his best performance ever. The whole movie is just so well done, i cant believe the critics In my opinion, possibly the greatest indy movie every made. I really, absolutely, HATED Hillary Duff's character, which is essentially an over rated slutly pop star with no education. (how ironic that shes being played by an over rated sluty popstar) but props goes to Cusak for probably his best performance ever. The whole movie is just so well done, i cant believe the critics weren't swooning over this, well, their loss is our gain Expand
  3. AndrewS.
    May 23, 2008
    Awesome...
  4. EarlV.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Based on the critic's reviews, I went into this expecting a train wreck, but I just didn't see it. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie -- intelligently written, with a sense of fun despite how closely it reflects our present situation. Not the kind of thing the corporate media wants to encourage, apparently.
  5. AaronH
    Sep 14, 2008
    Wicked movie loved Cusak and i really didnt expect Hillary Duff to act such a great part like totally rocked the movie. And the "standard" media i guess cant accept something this close to the heart of the issues.
  6. CheB
    Oct 14, 2008
    Critics...well, you're mostly wrong. this film is great.
  7. filhaddude
    May 21, 2008
    Awesome movie!! Absolutely hilarious... It indulges you in guilty pleasures. For example, you would be laughing at something initially but then the movie unfolds and you'd go, "Oops, I shldn't have laughed at that just now!" Another would be Hilary Duff! Its safe to say she's shed her Disney Tween-Queen image successfully and shown that she really has credible acting chops. Awesome movie!! Absolutely hilarious... It indulges you in guilty pleasures. For example, you would be laughing at something initially but then the movie unfolds and you'd go, "Oops, I shldn't have laughed at that just now!" Another would be Hilary Duff! Its safe to say she's shed her Disney Tween-Queen image successfully and shown that she really has credible acting chops. She no doubt stole the limelight from veterans such as Ben Kingsley and John Cusack. Now that's impressive! Expand
  8. JanetB.
    May 26, 2008
    kick butt movie, should be everywhere... not fair that indies don't make it and hollywood does.
  9. ShenanigansPadunkadunk
    Jun 9, 2008
    I LOVED this big fat satire n EVERYTHING stupid that's American! The critics are cry babies that take WAYYY too much shite wayyyy too serious, and THAT'S the point.
  10. BansiB
    Jan 27, 2009
    A brilliant "fiction" about situations all too prevalent in our real world. If you care about the world we live in, this is a must see. May not be the best produced movie, but it's the message that brings it all home.
  11. DeniseA
    Nov 2, 2008
    This movie reminded me of the first time I saw M.A.S.H. We loved the satire!! It's a nice break from our everyday ranting about Bush and Cheney, and get to guffaw over the absurdities of the war we are in, and the idiots that are running it. If you are not as sophisticated as a movie critic, you will love it.
  12. PaulM
    Oct 27, 2008
    This is the type of movie that you don't see plastered on billboards and tv advertisements. It is unambiguously anti-Iraq and it mirrors the circus that is the "war". If this movie seems zany to you just think of the target of its satire.
  13. BrianH
    Oct 28, 2008
    This thing is HILARIOUS! The satire appears over the top, but if you read the Naomi Klein article it is based on - Baghdad Year Zero: Pillaging Iraq in Pursuit of a Neocon Utopia - then you realize it's just a funnier version of business-as-usual... Slapstick and straight to the point, it is great. Someone should give Bush a ticket to a Yonica Babyyeah concert, on location, for This thing is HILARIOUS! The satire appears over the top, but if you read the Naomi Klein article it is based on - Baghdad Year Zero: Pillaging Iraq in Pursuit of a Neocon Utopia - then you realize it's just a funnier version of business-as-usual... Slapstick and straight to the point, it is great. Someone should give Bush a ticket to a Yonica Babyyeah concert, on location, for January 1, 2009! Expand
  14. Ana
    May 24, 2008
    A very good movie. Truly funny and the cast is great, especially Hilary Duff as Yonica Babyyeah, who finally proves she's an actress. The ending is suprising and the whole movie is very original and unique. I have to recommend it.

1. The ambitions and intentions of War, Inc., co-written by and starring John Cusack, are laudable, but the film is a nearly complete misfire.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    A blackly comic take on the first totally outsourced war? We're too close to being in one right now, which makes this John Cusack vehicle too close for comfort. It's also so close to being funny you can just about taste it -- just about.
  3. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    Antiwar, anti-Bush, anti-corporate, yet neither as progressive nor half as funny as the "Harold and Kumar" sequel, War, Inc. squanders some top-tier talent (Marisa Tomei, Sir Ben Kingsley) as well as our patience.