Summit Entertainment | Release Date: February 1, 2013
6.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 332 Ratings
WATCH NOW
KadeemluvmusicFeb 2, 2013
I've seen many great zombie comedy movies like Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, but Warm Bodies is definitely one of the best movies of 2013. The movie was awesome. I was like I have to wait for the new Die Hard movie instead of watchingI've seen many great zombie comedy movies like Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, but Warm Bodies is definitely one of the best movies of 2013. The movie was awesome. I was like I have to wait for the new Die Hard movie instead of watching another flop from any Expendable lead actors (Stallone, Schwarzenegger, and Statham). But now as the Super Bowl is about to begin, Warm Bodies may be the better Super Bowl movie than last year's Chronicle. I wish I was a lonely zombie like R (I don't know what R stands for in his name, probably like Robert as in Robert Pattinson). But I would love to see more zombie rom-coms in the future. I love Warm Bodies. Expand
kuehnauFeb 5, 2013
A fantastic and freash take on the entire Zombie genre as a whole, it exposes a more human side to the life of the walking dead. When one of them refuses to give up their last ounce of humanity, they discover love in the ranks of their enemies.
survivorfan989Apr 13, 2013
I went into this film with high expectations and was not disappointed. It gives us a good mix of Comedy/Horror/Romance to make a new genre! ZomRomCom! Nicholas Hoult is outstanding as R, who slowly starts to become human again. There is suchI went into this film with high expectations and was not disappointed. It gives us a good mix of Comedy/Horror/Romance to make a new genre! ZomRomCom! Nicholas Hoult is outstanding as R, who slowly starts to become human again. There is such a nice mix of the three genres to have something for everyone to enjoy, and you are more than thoroughly entertained the entire time you're watching. Overall I was more than impressed and will highly recommend it to anyone up for a quality film this year! Expand
rylandFeb 8, 2013
Good performances, good scenes, and sometimes, funny, good pace and a great social critic, makes the film one of the biggest films of this year. I gave this note (10) by a combination of factors that made ​​the movie. The soundtrack was oneGood performances, good scenes, and sometimes, funny, good pace and a great social critic, makes the film one of the biggest films of this year. I gave this note (10) by a combination of factors that made ​​the movie. The soundtrack was one of the best in years and may ,or not, be well praised by all. The movie will surprises everyone. That's what I say. Expand
rylanddieFeb 1, 2013
It is a masterpiece mixed with a critical social very hidden. I loved and how many will love too. One of the best movie of the year. The film has a nice pace, with a bit of romance and a lot of action. Is just surprising. Exceeded my expectations
chuylruedaFeb 3, 2013
i really liked actually is awesome i could say 10 of 10 it was almost the same as the book i and liked even more than twilight i going to the cinema to see it again
applejackmomoFeb 6, 2013
Thank you for making a different kind of zombie movie! This movie will satisfy any and all! It will make you laugh, startled and give your girlfriend some romance. Go see it!
alwaucondaFeb 16, 2013
I do not believe this film deserves a 10. But, I believe it's a shame that so many are giving it 1s or 0s when that's definitely what it deserves either. I give this movie an 8 out of 10, mostly for it's originality.
meganahernandezJun 13, 2013
This is a great zombie love story. I do not think I have heard of this unique combination. The movie had a wonderful mix of love, humor, horror, and action.
RainshadowJun 21, 2013
This movie was a refreshing take on a zombie apocalypse. It combines romance and comedy into a genre that does not see much of either and does it rather nicely. I liked the fact that it showed the apocalypse primarily from the zombies' pointThis movie was a refreshing take on a zombie apocalypse. It combines romance and comedy into a genre that does not see much of either and does it rather nicely. I liked the fact that it showed the apocalypse primarily from the zombies' point of view rather than the humans' and that it showed the zombies as creatures capable of thoughts and emotions rather than just mindless enemies to the humans. I rate this ten out of ten because it was a new, unique, and refreshing take on a genre that had been played out as action and horror so many times it was starting to become a bit boring. I'm glad this movie presented a new idea to liven up the undead genre. Collapse
TVJerryFeb 8, 2013
Nicholas Hoult gives a charming, career-making performance as a zombie dude who falls for a human woman. The post-apocalyptic world is populated by the undead. The humans hide behind a big wall, except for one blonde who gets trapped on theNicholas Hoult gives a charming, career-making performance as a zombie dude who falls for a human woman. The post-apocalyptic world is populated by the undead. The humans hide behind a big wall, except for one blonde who gets trapped on the wrong side. Houllt's blank comic manner and sweet charisma combine with his cuteness to create a lovable character. The script has plenty of humor and only drags for a few moments. Jonathan Levine, who succeeded in combining cancer with comedy in "50/50," shows a knack for staging offbeat jokes. This is a romantic comedy, not a horror film, but its charms make it a DEADpan delight. Expand
vmd1020Feb 11, 2013
Honestly better than expected...I usually rely on Metacritic faithfully but I saw this one anyone. It definitely deserves at least a 70 rating on here, its a fresh twist on an otherwise worn down subject (walking dead, twilight, etc). TheHonestly better than expected...I usually rely on Metacritic faithfully but I saw this one anyone. It definitely deserves at least a 70 rating on here, its a fresh twist on an otherwise worn down subject (walking dead, twilight, etc). The acting wasn't superb, but the narration really kept the movie and the comedy flowing. Not to mention, the soundtrack was one of the best I've heard in a while. Expand
L4DLegend91Feb 2, 2013
A movie has to do something extraordinary to get a 10 or something completely abysmal to get a 0, so while I can't give Warm Bodies a 10, it definitely deserves a 9. I think critics are way too hard on this movie, as it seems they are withA movie has to do something extraordinary to get a 10 or something completely abysmal to get a 0, so while I can't give Warm Bodies a 10, it definitely deserves a 9. I think critics are way too hard on this movie, as it seems they are with most movies. The movie is a witty, warm, heartfelt movie that provides a small amount of action, a decent amount of comedy and a good amount of romance. It's unique and fun to watch how everything plays out, and it's well acted all around. Nicolas Hoult, Teresa Palmer and Rob Corddroy played the roles well. Overall, it's a great movie and I wouldn't give these critics half a listen anymore. Expand
Frankie121Feb 8, 2013
A freakin awesome movie that's worth watching. A cool concept that one could never imagine. It got wits that u would have never guessed a horror movie would have. One would just love this movie and would enjoy it
kitejrApr 6, 2013
Jokes aside this thing eats twilights brains. Its a compelling and cute zombie flick. Little bit of everything here. Horror comedy and romance. Give it a shot it isnt a 2 hour time sink like some movies.
ParanormalfreakMay 27, 2013
I liked this movie, thought it had action, romance, and some comedy although I wish they would have cured the zombies earlier so we could have seen Nicholas Hoult as a human longer but all in all it was good.
MovieGoer14Jun 29, 2013
Warm Bodies is riveting and fascinating, with tender romance and pleasant good time. It is absorbing, original, full of heart and sweet tale of unusual love between a zombie and a human being. This is a perfect movie for me to enjoy.
rrtsonJul 3, 2013
The only thing I knew before seeing this movie was that it had something to do with zombies, and that the movie got fairly decent reviews. My expectations weren't too high, and to be completely honest, I ended up really enjoying the movie.The only thing I knew before seeing this movie was that it had something to do with zombies, and that the movie got fairly decent reviews. My expectations weren't too high, and to be completely honest, I ended up really enjoying the movie.

'Warm Bodies' deals with the possibility that perhaps in some other universe similar to our own, where zombies parade the streets, there can exist a specific entity that is so infectious that it could even reverse the effects of a zombiefying virus... that entity being, of course, an amalgam of love and compassion. We're often led to believe by a large majority of zombie films that once a human has been transformed, all hope is lost. The opposite concept is presented in 'Warm Bodies' and I think it's a nice change of pace from the usual kill-all-zombies bloodfest.

The two main characters were amiable and believable, and the overall production was well done from set pieces to camerawork to music. Slow in pacing at times? Sure, for a zombie movie, but I appreciated the scenes where we got to see the relationship between the two main characters develop. I will say that I only wish Rob Corddry had a larger presence in the movie. He's a funny guy, and it wouldn't have hurt if he'd been given more screen time.

In conclusion, although this movie does require moviegoers to make a certain leap of faith in assuming love can overcome anything, I think that a suspension of disbelief is helpful in truly being able to enjoy the heart that this film has to offer. Viewed from that lens, this movie is a heartwarming reminder of what makes humans... humans. Some critics might deem this zombie flick a "wussification" of the zombie genre, and to them I say that 'Warm Bodies' is definitely not the conventional zombie movie, but that is the exact reason I enjoyed it. At the end of the day, what matters to me most about movies is that the story was well told, that I walk away from the film having learned something, and that I had a great time. On those terms, 'Warm Bodies' is definitely an impressing entry into the zombie world of entertainment.
nikriticJul 5, 2013
a really sweet different movie and really talks about how important the basic human feelings in life are. I thought it was just another zombie movie but turned out to be so great
dbad73Jul 9, 2013
It doesn't take itself serious at all, knocks on some zombie flicks too. Love conquers all, loved the premise. With some action, drama but above all if you don't take it too serious, you will enjoy it, the comedic moments were awesome.It doesn't take itself serious at all, knocks on some zombie flicks too. Love conquers all, loved the premise. With some action, drama but above all if you don't take it too serious, you will enjoy it, the comedic moments were awesome. Definitely not a disappointment at all. Expand
SecretAsianMannDec 21, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Zombie Type: Both slow-walking and fast-running undead

Outbreak/Apocalypse Phase: Post-outbreak apocalypse (outbreak has already occurred, characters are living through the zombie apocalypse)

Sub-Genre: Romantic Comedy (rom-zom-com)

This is the kind of movie that really freshens up an entire genre. I wish I could talk more about the story, but I try to either leave these posts fairly spoiler-free or at least warn readers when I’m about to spill some of the beans (brains?).

Warm Bodies is based on the Isaac Marion novel of the same name and centers around the relationship between R (a male zombie) and Julie (a female living human). Seeing as how I’ve already classified this as a romantic comedy, I think you can tell roughly where the story goes. I enjoyed the relationship between the odd pairing, and the awkwardness that ensues when a girl catches a zombie’s fancy unsurprisingly leads to some funny moments.

What truly makes the story unique by zombie standards is MILD SPOILERS it is basically a retelling of Romeo and Juliet. R is Romeo, J is Juliet, M is Mercutio, Perry is Paris, Julie’s dad hates all of zombie-kind, etc. There are several scenes that reference Shakespeare’s classic, but I’ll leave that for you guys to discover yourselves. END SPOILERS

This movie was a huge pleasant surprise. I expected it to be cheesy but decent enough to watch. Instead, I found myself regarding this as probably one of my top ten favorite zombie films of all time. The uniqueness of the story is only half of what makes it good; the other half is simply the fact that this is a solid, enjoyable movie.

Isaac Marion announced in 2012 that he is writing a sequel to the novel Warm Bodies. Whether it is also adapted to the cinema screen remains to be seen, but I eagerly await the chance to watch the further evolution of his story.

Final Verdict: highly recommended not only for zombie fans, but also for anyone else looking for a good movie that’s different than the usual undead fare. Very unique zombie film!
TimothymayerSep 21, 2013
Warm Bodies is a neat little horror movie now playing over the Internet. "Cute", "sweet" and "funny" are not words I normally associate with zombie movies. "Gross", "disgusting" and "gore" are the ones I use. But this movie, directed byWarm Bodies is a neat little horror movie now playing over the Internet. "Cute", "sweet" and "funny" are not words I normally associate with zombie movies. "Gross", "disgusting" and "gore" are the ones I use. But this movie, directed by novice filmmaker Jonathan Levine, surprised me. I don't know if it's a new trend in zombie entertainment, but a nice zombie-human love story is a positive one.

"R" is a living dead flesh-eating zombie who spends his days stumbling around an abandoned airport with the rest of the reanimated corpses. But he realizes his situation is hopeless. Most of the introduction to Warm Bodies consists of his internal monologues. For instance:

"What am I doing with my life? I'm so pale. I should get out more. I should eat better. My posture is terrible. I should stand up straighter. People would respect me more if I stood up straighter. What's wrong with me? I just want to connect. Why can't I connect with people? Oh, right, it's because I'm dead."

Prior to the opening of the film, a zombie apocalypse had taken place. Most of the human survivors have gathered in a walled-off fortress where General Grigio (Malkovitch) manages to keep the remaining humans alive. The zombies exist in two forms: 1) the "corpses", who stumble around all day, looking for human food and 2) The "bonies", skeletor things who will "eat anything with a pulse". The major difference between the corpses and the bonies are how they view their existence: corpses will eat the living, but feel conflicted about it.

A team of young adults are sent out beyond the wall to scourge for much-needed medical supplies. While the corpses attack, "R" finds himself smitten with one of the women (Teresa Palmer). Although he's munched on her boyfriend's brains, he pulls her out of the mob and takes her to safety in his private crash pad. At first she's terrified of him, but "R" manages to win her trust. He shows her how to act like a zombie to avoid being eaten. Eventually she makes it back to the human side of the wall.

But she's started something within "R". As he begins to develop human feelings, he becomes less of a zombie. Soon, the other corpses are learning to be human again. The bonies don't like this one bit and toss them out of the abandoned airport. Knowing the bonies are massing toward the human city, the corpses link-up with "R" and head toward the last refuge of humanity. Will the corpses be able to stop the Bad Living Dead? Will the humans not shoot the corpses and accept their help? Will "R" be able to express his love for the human woman?

It may all sound silly, but the movie works. There are some hilarious moments. Such as a scene where "R" tries to imagine how the airport looked before the zombie apocalypse. Instantly, we see how it was in the old days, with bored travelers shuffling around the terminal staring at their smart phones with glassy eyes.

So check it out if you get a chance. It's not even that violent.

www.cinemaofhorror.com
ComradeBananaJan 5, 2014
First, I would like to say if you enjoy good films and/or zombies, please consider checking out Warm Bodies. The scores are kind of mixed about this movie even though it has a generally good score, I believe it should be higher, and let meFirst, I would like to say if you enjoy good films and/or zombies, please consider checking out Warm Bodies. The scores are kind of mixed about this movie even though it has a generally good score, I believe it should be higher, and let me say the only reason why the scores are lower is because either A) They are too dumb to understand this movie (p.s. it doesn't require a genius IQ to understand it.), B) They think zombies are a real entity and this movie didn't represent "true zombie lore", or C) They passed up the movie 5 minutes in or didn't even watch it because they thought it was akin to the likes of Twilight (it's not!). I loved this film and it was near perfect with its insights on modern society, the perception of a zombie apocalypse from the eyes of zombies, and the infusion of Romeo and Juliet archetype was done excellently. Ultimately, the conflict between zombies, bonies, and humans revolving around R and Julie make for a refreshing and enjoyable movie. Expand
AdrianChanJul 20, 2014
It is a very unique movie. It is the first time I heard zombie being the good guy. I really enjoy this movie. It deliver much more than what I expected. I also loved the romance and the comedy presented in this movie. The plot really interestIt is a very unique movie. It is the first time I heard zombie being the good guy. I really enjoy this movie. It deliver much more than what I expected. I also loved the romance and the comedy presented in this movie. The plot really interest me and there is some plot twist, not much though. Acting is good. Probably lack of action if you expect it to be an extremely action-packed movie but I think it is enough. It is very outstanding. It stood out among all those crappy zombie movie released this year. Expand
CandygirlOct 23, 2014
I absolutely love this movie I just enjoy that not like your normal zombie movie way better than Twilight. I would rate the movie a 9. Why because it was a twist that turn in o to a romantic movie .one part that made me a littleI absolutely love this movie I just enjoy that not like your normal zombie movie way better than Twilight. I would rate the movie a 9. Why because it was a twist that turn in o to a romantic movie .one part that made me a little confused was when the black crazy looking things that was control the zombies. I really didn't understand what were they come from .where they people at one point of did they just come from hell.other then that i love the movie it was funny how the zombie looking people was smarter then ever. Expand
weallwantsome1Feb 1, 2013
Going into Jonathan Levine's (50/50, The Wackness) new film Warm Bodies, I was intrigued. I didn't know quite what I was going to get as the concept was fresh and unique.

Zombies have taken over, yet one zombie, named R, played wonderfully

Zombies have taken over, yet one zombie, named R, played wonderfully by Nicholas Hoult has a mind of his own and is not your typical zombie. He has a conscious mind at work, and soon he falls for a pretty girl named Julie (Teresa Palmer) that he encounters.

This is where the movie puts a twist on the whole zombie genre. He soon becomes enamored by her and becomes more human, as she has stimulated his heart.

Their chemistry will draw you in and actually make you buy it, no matter how ridiculous it is. R's friend, M, played hilariously by Rob Corddry steals the show with funny scene after funny scene.

With Warm Bodies you get a mix of comedy, romance, and zombie-horror. It's a fresh spin on all three, and it was truly a fun time at the theater. It's only February but I already found one of my early favorites of 2013.
gunnyartFeb 9, 2013
Something for everyone. Took my teenage daughter and her friend and we all really enjoyed it. There is comedy, action, horror, drama, romance. It entertains on all fronts. Was it some serious critically acclaimed masterpiece that will pull inSomething for everyone. Took my teenage daughter and her friend and we all really enjoyed it. There is comedy, action, horror, drama, romance. It entertains on all fronts. Was it some serious critically acclaimed masterpiece that will pull in all the awards?... no. Who cares? Enjoy it for the good time it is. Expand
DeleranFeb 14, 2013
A competent romantic comedy that leans more towards romantic than comedy. It's good if you don't think too hard about it, but that's a criticism you could level at basically any zombie movie. This film is nothing like Twilight, by the way:A competent romantic comedy that leans more towards romantic than comedy. It's good if you don't think too hard about it, but that's a criticism you could level at basically any zombie movie. This film is nothing like Twilight, by the way: it's actually good. Expand
DragonFaxMar 18, 2013
This movie has everything; And ironic soundtrack.
Dead people hiding as humans.
Rob Corddry hitting on women.
Zombie make-overs.
Necrophilia.

Its a buddy flick.
Its a romcom.
Its a coming of age story.

What more do you want?
MikefromAngusJun 13, 2013
A cheesy, predicable, zombie love story. That actually works! funny as that sounds. But the movie, has this its own charm. Pleasant to watch, likable characters. I enjoyed watching it!