6.9

1. Feb 1, 2013
    It is a masterpiece mixed with a critical social very hidden. I loved and how many will love too. One of the best movie of the year. The film has a nice pace, with a bit of romance and a lot of action. Is just surprising. Exceeded my expectations
  2. Feb 11, 2013
    Honestly better than expected...I usually rely on Metacritic faithfully but I saw this one anyone. It definitely deserves at least a 70 rating on here, its a fresh twist on an otherwise worn down subject (walking dead, twilight, etc). The acting wasn't superb, but the narration really kept the movie and the comedy flowing. Not to mention, the soundtrack was one of the best I've heard in a while.
  3. Feb 4, 2013
    Warm Bodies was a huge disappointment. It was another film I went into with low expectations, and was still let down. The trailer is very cute and perhaps if this were a 60 min tv show on MTV it could have been more bearable. It had some cute moments, but again, not enough to warrant the hefty ticket price.
  4. Feb 3, 2013
    This movie makes Twilight seem like Citizen Kane. Easily in the top 10 worst movies I have ever seen. How did this script even get the 'green light' to get produced? How on Earth did the critics rate this about the same as The Hobbit? Just as one example of how inane this movie is. .it starts off with the Zombies being unable to talk or communicate other than grunts and rare single words, but suddenly they are all chatting it up with full sentences spoken slowly with broken English, including Rob Cordry and the lead actor. Also, the Zombies can smells humans inside buildings, but when it comes to the female lead, as long as she acts like a Zombie, she can walk amongst them if she is with her Zombie boyfriend. An intellectually offensive movie. Expand
  5. Feb 6, 2013
    Maybe I missed the point of the movie, but this sends a terrible message. Sort of like Forrest Gump with its advocacy of stupidity. I'm sorry but its not okay to be a moron. Just like the silly Twilight junk, we have another case of a dumb young girl and a boy who is wrong for her, not just wrong but biologically wrong, like science and stuff. Of course, for the children who run Hollywood, that is ok. Sure why don't we all hook up with zombies...nothing bad can happen then. I'd tell my daughter, "Yes, I'm sure he's a nice boy but don't let him eat your brain on the first date. Save that for Marriage." Expand
  6. Feb 22, 2013
    This is an extremely unique movie, something i'd never expected to exist, and it was very well executed here. The apocalyptic setting is convincing, the romance is absolutely believable, and the humor is enjoyable.
  7. Feb 17, 2013
    I saw this flick with my girlfriend a few days ago and it was much better then i was expecting interesting;even though slightly cliché plot that moves at a good pace The characters were nicely developed too, the small cast still held the movie high, but the female leads best friend (Analeigh Tipton) wasn't too great. Now even though this movie had heart and was decently funny, it does have zombies in it and since it was rated PG-13 here in Canada the movie would of been more believable if it had more gore in it maybe not as intense as amc's the walking dead but more would be nice i also would of gave it a higher rating if incorporated more action in the plot especially near the end but as the credit's rolled the decent mix of romance and horror with a dash of action and comedy, me and my girlfriend left the theatre enjoyed and received our moneys worth. Expand
  8. Feb 6, 2013
    Extraordinarily slow and weak. It's the type movie that is squarely in my wheelhouse I should have liked this. A waste of Malkovich. And the bonies? Check out Tom Chick and crews's rundown at Quarter to Three they encapsulate to the gist of my feelings on this film. Even Rob Cordry can't get it done here. They break all the zombie rules, and in doing so, it becomes ridiculous.
  9. Feb 4, 2013
    This movie is the zombie version of Twilight. The mythical view of vampires have been ruined and now the same fate has bestowed zombies. Do not let the high user scores fool you. They will most likely be from the adolescent female crowd of Twilight fans.
  10. Mar 9, 2013
    I'm surprised. The movie doesn't focus on the girl, like all the other pictures have done, this film represents the supremacy of love, and heart changing, it's funny, enjoyable and touching.
  11. Feb 1, 2013
    Going into Jonathan Levine's (50/50, The Wackness) new film Warm Bodies, I was intrigued. I didn't know quite what I was going to get as the concept was fresh and unique.

Zombies have taken over, yet one zombie, named R, played wonderfully by Nicholas Hoult has a mind of his own and is not your typical zombie. He has a conscious mind at work, and soon he falls for a pretty girl named
    Julie (Teresa Palmer) that he encounters.

This is where the movie puts a twist on the whole zombie genre. He soon becomes enamored by her and becomes more human, as she has stimulated his heart.

Their chemistry will draw you in and actually make you buy it, no matter how ridiculous it is. R's friend, M, played hilariously by Rob Corddry steals the show with funny scene after funny scene.

With Warm Bodies you get a mix of comedy, romance, and zombie-horror. It's a fresh spin on all three, and it was truly a fun time at the theater. It's only February but I already found one of my early favorites of 2013.
  12. Feb 8, 2013
    Nicholas Hoult gives a charming, career-making performance as a zombie dude who falls for a human woman. The post-apocalyptic world is populated by the undead. The humans hide behind a big wall, except for one blonde who gets trapped on the wrong side. Houllt's blank comic manner and sweet charisma combine with his cuteness to create a lovable character. The script has plenty of humor and only drags for a few moments. Jonathan Levine, who succeeded in combining cancer with comedy in "50/50," shows a knack for staging offbeat jokes. This is a romantic comedy, not a horror film, but its charms make it a DEADpan delight. Expand
  13. Feb 2, 2013
    I've seen many great zombie comedy movies like Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, but Warm Bodies is definitely one of the best movies of 2013. The movie was awesome. I was like I have to wait for the new Die Hard movie instead of watching another flop from any Expendable lead actors (Stallone, Schwarzenegger, and Statham). But now as the Super Bowl is about to begin, Warm Bodies may be the better Super Bowl movie than last year's Chronicle. I wish I was a lonely zombie like R (I don't know what R stands for in his name, probably like Robert as in Robert Pattinson). But I would love to see more zombie rom-coms in the future. I love Warm Bodies. Expand
  14. Feb 2, 2013
    A movie has to do something extraordinary to get a 10 or something completely abysmal to get a 0, so while I can't give Warm Bodies a 10, it definitely deserves a 9. I think critics are way too hard on this movie, as it seems they are with most movies. The movie is a witty, warm, heartfelt movie that provides a small amount of action, a decent amount of comedy and a good amount of romance. It's unique and fun to watch how everything plays out, and it's well acted all around. Nicolas Hoult, Teresa Palmer and Rob Corddroy played the roles well. Overall, it's a great movie and I wouldn't give these critics half a listen anymore. Expand
  15. Feb 5, 2013
    A fantastic and freash take on the entire Zombie genre as a whole, it exposes a more human side to the life of the walking dead. When one of them refuses to give up their last ounce of humanity, they discover love in the ranks of their enemies.
  16. Apr 13, 2013
    I went into this film with high expectations and was not disappointed. It gives us a good mix of Comedy/Horror/Romance to make a new genre! ZomRomCom! Nicholas Hoult is outstanding as R, who slowly starts to become human again. There is such a nice mix of the three genres to have something for everyone to enjoy, and you are more than thoroughly entertained the entire time you're watching. Overall I was more than impressed and will highly recommend it to anyone up for a quality film this year! Expand
  17. Feb 12, 2013
    This movie was good. Certainly not one that people will be talking about for years to come, or even anything that necessitates a second watching. It was entertaining, and really, what else do you need?

Of course the plot is far-fetched, but, let's remember, we are talking about a movie that contains zombies to begin with. The problem that I had with it was simply that things seemed
    to work out a little too easily. There did not feel like there was really any real drama, or any chance that things weren't going to work out. If you can forgive the convenience of how easily things work out and just enjoy the show, it is fun to watch. Also, how many times did they have to walk past that same old Buick Riviera?

All in all, Rob Corddry did a great job. The acting on the whole was not that bad. Special effects were about as good as you could expect from a Summit movie. It was just a cute little movie.
  18. Feb 8, 2013
    Good performances, good scenes, and sometimes, funny, good pace and a great social critic, makes the film one of the biggest films of this year. I gave this note (10) by a combination of factors that made ​​the movie. The soundtrack was one of the best in years and may ,or not, be well praised by all. The movie will surprises everyone. That's what I say.
  19. Jun 29, 2013
    Warm Bodies is riveting and fascinating, with tender romance and pleasant good time. It is absorbing, original, full of heart and sweet tale of unusual love between a zombie and a human being. This is a perfect movie for me to enjoy.
  20. Feb 9, 2013
    Something for everyone. Took my teenage daughter and her friend and we all really enjoyed it. There is comedy, action, horror, drama, romance. It entertains on all fronts. Was it some serious critically acclaimed masterpiece that will pull in all the awards?... no. Who cares? Enjoy it for the good time it is.
  21. Feb 11, 2013
    I've registered just to say how horrible is this movie. It's the worst movie I've ever seen, it doesn't even make sense. The bad acting make It completely awful.
  22. Mar 21, 2013
    Ever thought Romeo and Juliet was a bit stuffy, a little too formal and hard to relate to? Warm Bodies finds the perfect remedy, Zombies of course. R (Nicholas Hoult), a zombie who is remarkably verbose in his own head falls for Julie (Theresa Palmer), a human he saves when his pack of zombies attacks her and her friends who are scavenging supplies. The two begin to bond and realise that R is not like your conventional zombie and he could hold the key to reversing the apocalypse. Unlike any other zombie film including Zombieland, Warm Bodies has a powerful sense of emotion and understands one of the most important concepts/themes from all zombie films, the loss of humanity. The idea that its not just the zombies that lose who they used to be but the humans as well. This is something that is expertly handled in 28 days later and its surprising how Director Johnathon Levine manages to display this basic tenet of zombie lore just as well but in a completely different way. The use of flashbacks in the film is impressive as it does it in an original way while also giving the film a much needed back story for Julie, a girl who is unintentionally soured by the apocalypse yet still has a light and beauty befitting a modern day Juliet, the Juliet Levine envisioned. R on the other hand is fleshed out through his own inner monologue, Levine's version of Shakespeare's soliloquies. This voice over gives a good impression not just zombie R but human R. However the monologuing gets irritating after a while as you become more invested in what he does instead of what he thinks, one of the main problems with Romeo and Juliet as a play as well. R spouts some great comic lines in his head but much of the comedy comes from his utterly uncomfortable actions in trying to become Julie's friend. The chemistry between Hoult and Palmer is good and overall Palmer is very impressive which came as a pleasant surprise for someone who watched I Am Number Four. Overall the film has very few flaws but even without flaws it doesn't wow in the way I thought it would or expected from the director of 50/50, one of the best films of 2011. Also the ending is incredibly rushed even though the film could have done with an extra few minutes to make the conclusion seem even remotely plausible. In fact the film just kind of ends, like this.... Expand
  23. Jun 13, 2013
    A cheesy, predicable, zombie love story. That actually works! funny as that sounds. But the movie, has this its own charm. Pleasant to watch, likable characters. I enjoyed watching it!
  24. Feb 7, 2013
    Even after pushing to seal up plot holes the story broke itself again and again. How did the knife wound in his chest not destroy his heart when he came back to life? Why are bonies stronger without skin or muscles? This on top of mediocre acting and cringe-worthy CG scenes ruin what is a cool idea for a different kind of zombie movie.
  25. Apr 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are all zombies cursed with lock-in syndrome, or is it just R., a jarringly articulate walking corpse, whose interior monologue indicates a cognitive ability to love that belies the grunting and monosyllabism? Wandering aimlessly through an airport that has long-past outlived its usefulness, R.'s inner voicings of alienation("Why can't I connect?") and self-loathing("...so pale.") uncannily echoes Charlie Kaufman in Adaptation, whose opening can be gleaned in Warm Bodies. The word "adaptation", here, is applicable in the biological sense, referring to the existential struggle of transitioning from life into death(heretofore only implied in Dawn of the Dead, where the zombies faintly recall the consumer culture of the living, converging on a shopping mall in parodic imitation of their former selves) and the angst that comes with post-death, whereas in Adaptation, it's a literary term: Kaufman's fruitless attempt to transform words into images from a non-fiction work about flowers. Guided by Charlie's tortured agency, the film's conceit that his screenplay and resulting film are occurring concurrently, gets thrown into chaos, when Kaufman's identical twin hijacks the narrative and turns Adaptation into some cheesy action picture. Donald is a hack, a Robert McKee disciple, whose tenets are a counterintuitive affront to Charlie's iconoclastic-minded psyche for non-formulaic screenwriting. Similarly, in Warm Bodies, despite the film's lack of self-reflexivity, two zombie narratives: one that demonstrates fidelity to the genre, and the other, while not the work of a maverick by any means, does humanize a historically malevolent monster whose inner life has rarely, if ever been explored, seem to emanate from two sensibilities at odds. A "bony", on one hand, is your standard issue zombie, engaged in the singular activity of unrepentant cannibalism, but R., conversely, while sharing the bonies' overriding appetite for human flesh, is a corpse with scruples, a corpse who feels conflicted about his bloodthirsty nature. Akin to Charlie attending a McKee seminar on screenwriting, selling out his guiding principles so he can finish adapting The Orchid Thief, R. watches a zombie, his compatriot, turn into a bony, ripping the flesh right off the bone: a two-fold adaptation that first, shows how taxing a conscience can be, as the decomposing man gives up on the idea of being nearly human, and second, on an intertextual level, like Adaptation, kinesis takes precedence over languor, or rather, Warm Bodies grows increasingly Hollywood in form and content. A bony, after all, is a zombie who adapts to the concept of death; it desires none of the earthly pleasures, but to eat. As a filmic metaphor, the self-mutilating zombie can be reconstructed as a Charlie figure, tearing himself apart as penance for using Donald's ideas to finish his shooting script. Charlie, in essence, is a zombie, sad and alone, more dead than alive. When R. intones, "Don't be creepy. Don't be creepy," as he approaches Julie, the girl he keeps captive in his tarmac-situated home, a converted airplane, the moviegoer can imagine the hoody-cladded young man's analog, the bipolar writer, chanting the same mantra as he flirts with the diner waitress whom he wrongly invites to an orchid show. R., however, wins Julie over, in due part because he eats her boyfriend's brains. Here, the film borrows from another Kaufman/Jones collaboration, Being John Malkovich. On a subconscious level, Julie can sense Dave's presence behind R.'s eyes, just like how Maxine would know whenever Lottie was occupying the famous actor's body. By snacking on the dead beau's grey matter, R. collects his memories, thoughts, and feelings, which makes the zombie more like Dave than himself. So strong is Dave's aura, Julie allows R. to occupy the same bedroom in an abandoned suburban house. If Julie gave necrophilia a go, would R. stand for "rapist", since the faux Romeo, unbeknownst to the girl, is a conduit for Dave's ghost. Nevertheless, R. is a zombie in love, signified by his heart turning red, the same hue perceived by an ideologically pure boy from a 1950s television series, who discerns the rose's true color after having just made love to a real girl. Arguably, Pleasantville is a zombie film, a latent one. In the aftermath of the girl's mother experiencing sexual pleasure for the first time, she hides in the kitchen, embarrassed by her flesh tones and ruby lips. Afraid of what her monochromatic husband may think, with Bud's help, she acts in a reactionary manner, using black and white makeup to conceal the newfangled vividness. But she's alive, like R. is alive. Contextually speaking, you can't go back to Night of the Living Dead, the 1968 George Romero original, whose zombies now seem one-note and monotonous, just like a sitcom housewife of yesteryear. To answer R.'s friend's question, the mother feels it. Life after death. Expand
  26. Lyn
    Jul 3, 2013
    It won't slake your yearning for the next season of "The Walking Dead," but "Warm Bodies" is a fun, quirky addition to the zombie genre. I admit that part of my interest was curiosity about what ever happened to that kid from "About a Boy." (He's now tall & handsome, but retains that endearing quality.) The movie is kind of sweet, too, as it explores whether the undead are truly doomed. Not terribly profound and not crazy/wacky like "Zombieland" but enjoyable in its way. Expand
  27. Mar 22, 2013
    Otherwise known as Romeo and Juliet in Zombie Apocalypse, also despite the overwhelming Twilight vibe oozing from it, Warm Bodies is a funny undead flick and quiet charming in its wordless execution. Its self-aware lightly toned comedy composes lay back youthful attitude in the form of a zombie's monologues and his deficit on vocabulary. The antique plot may seem rigidly predictable, fortunately it has some freedom on delivery, making it a fresh tongue-in-cheek dystopian humor since Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland.

Nicholas Hoult as R, is a good pick for the lively-minded undead protagonist. He has tall thin frame and apparent cheek bones, making him a believable zombie after a few touch of pasty foundation, all while cosplaying as the latest apparition of Dante. To his credit, this role suits him perfectly, he has minor motions that are cleverly stiff and humorous, which fits the novel sensation of courting living female. It's amazing that with much scarcer lines, he triumphs over his role as the recent Jack, the digital giant killer.

Julie, played by Teresa Palmer, is your typical blond gorgeous chick. She moves rather well, although not full blown action star yet, but she makes for a convincing role of someone who grows up in cryptic world with daddy issue. Her emotions are expressed gradually, she has natural ambiance and it will attract the young audience, and even if she didn't stand out much in acting department, her looks elevate her performance. John Malkovich as the source of Julie's daddy issue is emotionally imposing. He has the air of someone you don't want to mess with, standing near to antagonism.

Graphically, it's captivating. The world after zombie virus is depicted with great cinematography, barren gray dye, and still pertains few of its charms, which are subtly placed beneath a crumbling civilization. The set might be grim, but it doesn't depress, landmarks and trivial places have distinct salvageable atmosphere to them. Its use of make-up and wardrobe is simple, most often lacking color as R's red lackluster jacket, it emphasizes the little humanity left without going full zombie.

CG for skeletal extremely-dead undead is rather plastic, it's obviously fake. There are some plot devices that are set conveniently as well. Details like these might not ruin the enjoyment, but they still register as annoyances. Warm Bodies is a quirky amusing twist of old ideas, it is wittily written and warmly entertaining.
  28. Mar 31, 2013
    By any mean not a masterpiece not even close, I'd say barely decent at best. But, but, for what it is I thought it played its strength well with a very likable cast and a silly but cute story. It reminded me of Silver Linings Playbook because its message which is basically the same thing: it's never too late to come back from the "dead" and be happy, in this case literally.
  29. May 16, 2013
    This was a great, funny, entertaining, and pretty original idea, in terms of zombie lore. I had no idea what it was even about going in, so I was quite surprised at the imagination, warmth, and humor they manage to fit in. The references to Romeo and Juliet were there, but not in your face, which was also nice. I personally saw a slight nod to Wall-E in the way that R 'lived', as well as his nature... though that could just be me :)

The actors did a great job conveying the state of mind of the zombies and humans, as well as showing believable emotional growth. The narration was also very well done. The sets were elaborate, giving a real sense of desolation and places devoid of living human activity.

While the story was not totally unpredictable, I took the film as a little more of a fairy tale zombie story rather than a literal one, which allowed me to overlook a few holes in their pretenses (small and not many, dont worry).

In that light, I highly recommend this film to anyone who wants to watch a well done, unusual and quirky feel-good zombie movie.
  30. Feb 28, 2013
    Warm Bodies is a charming take on the romantic comedy formula with a nice soundtrack and two likeable leads and, sadly, not much else. It's mostly entertaining but there's a real lack of pace to the first half of the film. It shifts unevenly between trying to be (somewhat) deep and being absolutely candyfloss. Some characters are played seriously and others are super wacky. Considering the zombie threat the world is suffering, its amazing how quickly the girls come round to R being safe.

There's worse films around and I enjoyed more in Warm Bodies than I disliked, it's just not interesting enough overall. I felt like it was a good first draft that needed more flesh on the bones (see what I did there?) If you catch it on tv you might enjoy it but as a trip to cinema there's far better fare out there. Or just save your money until next week.
  31. Feb 19, 2013
    Very touching and emotional lovestory, finally not set in a fairytale world like every other love movie. Hidden social hints and black humour throughout the film make it a very enjoyable experience, especially for couples!!!
  32. Feb 17, 2013
    Although it is nearly brought down by a significant amount of plot-holes and some inconsistent tonality, "Warm Bodies" endures as a delightful and amusing twist on the classic horror subgenre thanks to a few resolute performances, some interesting stylistic techniques, and a mostly enjoyable story at its center.
  33. May 27, 2013
    "Warm Bodies" is a nicely directed post-apocalyptic love story--that is at the very least--a fresh approach to a zombie film that is fully realized, and flushed out to satisfaction. "Warm Bodies" is a light comedy, which is often witty and consistently enjoyable. Levine's latest is well shot and possesses impressive production values. The film lacks any real thrills or major conflicts, but the romantic and comedic aspects are pleasant and effectively delivered with fine all around performances, while Jonathan Levine exhibits his skillful abilities behind the camera.

Written and directed by Jonathan Levine ("50/50"), and adapted from the novel by Isaac Marion, "Warm Bodies" takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, following a plague that has wiped out millions. The remaining humans live behind a wall, surrounded by soldiers led by the human leader Grigio (John Malkovich). Meanwhile, the zombies mostly shuffle around an abandoned airport, only making occasional trips outside to feed on the living. Nicholas Hoult, our protagonist zombie named R, is amusing--stumbling and grunting his way around the airport. R explains his feelings in the voice-over narration, so the audience is always aware of his dreams and desires, and what is actually possible. When he meets Julie (Teresa Palmer), he is at the ultimate disadvantage he's dead.

On a feeding encounter with a human gathering party, R meets Julie and feels an urge to protect her. This sparks the beginnings of a strangely warm relationship that causes R to start to regain his humanity. As this change spreads throughout the undead population, Julie and R eventually find they are facing a larger issue--even as their friendship is challenged.

"Warm Bodies" lacks the ability to surprise, which makes it seems longer than it. However, Levine does a good job with the screenplay, balancing the right amount of fun and romance, as well as human dialogue with 'zombie talk.' Simply put, "Warm Bodies" is heart-warming and charming, when it could easily have been a romantic zombie disaster.
  34. Jun 12, 2013
    What a surprise this film was. So charming. Warm Bodies benefits from two excellent lead performances from Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer; they carry this film nicely, but it's really the strong direction from Jonathan Levine (50/50) that makes the film work. Had someone else helmed the picture I don't think it would have been as effective as Levine's WB. Using concepts popularized by the likes of Twilight and The Walking Dead, Warm Bodies takes pieces of those projects to make a film that's highly entertaining and satisfying to a diverse audience. Expand
  35. May 18, 2013
    This movie is really great compared to other recent teen movies with the same unusual love story like the host or the twilight series, this one is way to better runs up to the top of your heart very quickly, fast paced with chilling scenes and great romance, but as a movie not compared to anything it is very good and funny, entertaining but not great.
  36. Feb 8, 2013
    A freakin awesome movie that's worth watching. A cool concept that one could never imagine. It got wits that u would have never guessed a horror movie would have. One would just love this movie and would enjoy it
  37. Feb 1, 2013
    Boy is dead. Dead boy meets girl after eating her boyfriend's brains. Dead boy falls for girl. Girl fall for dead boy. Paramilitary dad lightens up and relents. No so dead boy and girl live happily everafter. Dead boy is cute, teen girls everywhere let out a collective sigh.
  38. Feb 2, 2013
    A not-quite-heartfelt enough romantic comedy that's not quite funny enough. Warm Bodies needed to ramp up on one, the other, or both, but ends up idling on most of the time.
  39. Feb 3, 2013
    i really liked actually is awesome i could say 10 of 10 it was almost the same as the book i and liked even more than twilight i going to the cinema to see it again
  40. Feb 4, 2013
    This is a girl movie with Zombies. I enjoyed it, my wife liked it a little better than I did. It was humorous and easy watching. Some of the negative views seem to be based on how much someone paid to see it. Not a good way to judge movies. These are not George Romano's zombie's or Walking Dead zombies. Get over that and you have an enjoyable movie. It is slow in parts, the Teresa Palmer's character does do some really stupid things. You have to really stretch your view on reality, even zombie reality, to allow for some things that happen and that's why I gave it a 6. Expand
  41. Feb 6, 2013
    Thank you for making a different kind of zombie movie! This movie will satisfy any and all! It will make you laugh, startled and give your girlfriend some romance. Go see it!
  42. Apr 19, 2013
    This is an above average rom com that is actually more self-aware than people give it credit for. A lot of reviews reference twilight, but few seem to really understand that this movie is in a lot of ways a tongue-in-cheek criticism of the whole twilight saga. Specifically, it's a direct jab at the ridiculousness of making the undead a love interest. Just look at the poster the one with the female lead holding the male lead from behind. It even looks like a twilight poster!

Apart from all that, the film handles itself quite well. The pacing occasionally slows down a bit, but gets itself on track quickly enough, and generally all the elements gel nicely.

In short, this film is cleverer than people give it credit for.
  43. Feb 13, 2013
    Warm Bodies is a movie carry so much expectancy. I had been waiting for it since a month ago. In fact, almost all people who have watched the trailer are fascinated by it and await it’s showing. Well, except those who hate creepy zombies or only have relish for incomprehensible literary films. But Gosh! I am an ordinary girl who loves handsome British guys and melting romance! It is just for me when the two essential factors mix with fresh plot and powerful producing team. I fell in love with the guy during the film but fall in love with the movie later.

There are two scenes that imprint on my mind. The first one is when R swims out of the water and his handsomeness reach the peak (and I don’t want to talk about it anymore). The second one is the last scene that I truly feel impressed by. A huge wall that protect human from being attacked by the dead is pulled down. Human win the victory, but not by sending troops. The dead becomes to ‘‘dream’’, to ‘‘feel’’ since R meets his true love. They start to move quickly, they begin to have senses, their hearts become to beat. And all these are because they feel love. I remember they have said: ‘’We eat brains not because we have to, but we want to dream. And that’s the only way we can have some human feelings.’’ I realize what love can do to the world. It is heart-stirring even only by watching a love happening. Love is hopeful, is blossoming. And love makes it alive. Also, I was pleased by the ending that people accept them and help them overcome the difficulties to turn into human. In my memory, human being is afraid of unknown things. People fear what they lack knowledge of. I thought they would reject those zombies because they are scary, mysterious, and have the possibilities to hurt people. But they didn’t, at least in the film. I just love these scenes of human teach them how to play football and help them open an umbrella because they have zombie figures. I always hope that human is able to get along with other species with respect and understanding, especially what we have now around us. So I treasure the ending as a ideal prospect in the future.
  44. Apr 1, 2013
    Warm Bodies is great fun, not only for Zombie fans but for any film lover. The film is very good on the pace of R an unusual zombie who lost his way. The film is very sweet and tangy, the middle of this juicy film the pace slows down and violence starts popping up. Then the sweet deal comes up, everything goes boom and the film hangs the viewers. But, dont be feisty- the film is really good.
  45. Feb 16, 2013
    I do not believe this film deserves a 10. But, I believe it's a shame that so many are giving it 1s or 0s when that's definitely what it deserves either. I give this movie an 8 out of 10, mostly for it's originality.
  46. Feb 16, 2013
    Honestly this is one of the worst movies I have ever scene, well besides Rubber. What ever happened to rotting flesh and ripping obnoxious faces off? For one the make up is pathetic; Honestly my 6 year old cousin could of done a better job on those veins then a professional. Two who the hell did beginners photo shop on those “Bonnies”, Syfy could of make better skeletons then that. Thirdly The camera shots were horrific. The whole movie shouldn’t be blurry, what happened to making everyone look fat in HD, gotta boost the American fat people organization’s hopes somehow. Now that we have the basic’s said and done let’s start digging on the bigger picture ZOMBIES. Their not supposed to beat people up, their supposed to rip you apart, and when did they get so strong? They’re supposed to be fragile morons like the average teenage girl, and not some scrawnie white boy like Edward Cullen. Also they’re not even meant talk, like really now it’s called growling and mumbling not saying words like”hungry” and “safe”, they’re not two year old’s learning their first words. The fith bad thing about this horrible romantic comedy” is nothing really fit’s together it’s put in randomly like a freshman’s first thesis essay. Marcus is not supposed to blurt out some huge paragraph of word’s at “R” without some back ground information, and what made him tell R that he had a dream about some breakfast food what ever happened to his true love? Also i’m pretty sure that some plot twist’s would of helped. The movie in it’s self if a good concept but honestly someone else should of directed it. I would of love to of seen R start to turn into some Bonnie when Julie broke his heart in the bed room, then had to have Marcus come save the day again by having to track Julie down and get her to find some way to get him to not rebel against everything to make him have a flack back of the brain he enjoyed oh-so very much’ or something stupid like that.) Honestly they should make a second movie with this concept, but please make the zombies LOOK LIKE ZOMBIES! And not some white trash punk that rolled around in a pig pen. Expand
  47. Feb 19, 2013
    My 19 yr old daughter and I saw this last yesterday and we both loved it! It was an original take on an old horror concept. And as a self-proclaimed Zombieholic, I couldn't stay away! Definately a fun movie for teenagers who haven't been conditioned to only enjoy blood, cuts and torture themed movies.
  48. Jun 5, 2013
    Yes this movie has plot holes and there are certain things that just don't make sense, but I gotta say it was a good time. It worked for me mainly because director Jonathan Levine who made the outstanding film 50/50 is able to make me believe in the romance between R and Julie.
  49. Mar 11, 2013
    It's pretty cute, and the message is very endearing. Although it may be a bit unorthodox as a date movie, it's definitely one of the better romantic films to come out recently.
  50. Mar 24, 2013
    Warm Bodies is a brilliantly original zombie story. I was afraid it wouldn't be as good, but as far as the storyline and the humor play-in together, it's really a warm-hearted love story that is perfect for the valentine's season, unless your girlfriend is terrified of zombies.
  51. Apr 6, 2013
    Jokes aside this thing eats twilights brains. Its a compelling and cute zombie flick. Little bit of everything here. Horror comedy and romance. Give it a shot it isnt a 2 hour time sink like some movies.
  52. May 19, 2013
    Turning zombies back into human beings as the healing power of pure human emotions. Simple skin deep symbolism in action. Soft watching. In any ways, it was the great pleasure for creators to shoot this movie.
  53. May 27, 2013
    I liked this movie, thought it had action, romance, and some comedy although I wish they would have cured the zombies earlier so we could have seen Nicholas Hoult as a human longer but all in all it was good.
  54. Jun 25, 2013
    Please don't take the rating of a 6 to be a bad thing, just compared to other films I have watched a 6 feels just about right for this film, which is good! it is brilliant for couples that want to sit back and watch a film. It has some real funny moments and quite a cool story. There were a few parts that got me abit bored, but it wasn't often. Overall, it's a good film and I recommend to watch it! Expand
  55. Jun 10, 2013
    Warm bodies is a interesting take on a zombie flick me myself was kinda output by how they could have thought and become human again. Then i opened to the idea a bit and saw this was a cool take on zombies but if your a zombie movie watcher like zombie land or shuan of the dead you wont like this movie much but as i watched i learned that there are reasons behind there mindless killing and i kinda liked the idea and then we come to the romance in the movie its kinda weird to see it in a zombie movie but its more comedy so it works in the flow of it but one thing i have to say is it keeps you there till its overall conculsion and i even went back to watch the movie again so its a zombie movie with a new take and overall good story i didnt have any gripes with it besides the bonies they just seemed like minecraft skeletons on steroids and there are a few Why the moments but still the movie was good Expand
  56. Jun 13, 2013
    This is a great zombie love story. I do not think I have heard of this unique combination. The movie had a wonderful mix of love, humor, horror, and action.
  57. Jun 17, 2013
    This movie isn't Twilight, in fact, it is better in so many ways, Warm Bodies is one of a kind, but is Warm Bodies perfect?! Almost. The Acting is way too better and the story scenes are really good, as a movie in whole. Absolutely YES!
  58. Aug 18, 2013
    Not as bad as I thought it would be. The movie sported a charming cast that really made the silliness quite acceptable. Even if you don't particularly enjoy zombie movies, like moi, you will still mildly enjoy this one. There isn't much of a comprehensible storyline, but that's probably not what movie-goers are looking for in this film.
  59. Jan 7, 2014
    The film has some cool ideas. The setting is interesting, the kind of zombie story being told is interesting, and I enjoy the main character. What prevents this movie from being anything spectacular is the romance. The love in this movie is not well written, cheesy, and takes what could have been an interesting movie and turns it into a teen fantasy. If you are a girl who loves teen romance stories you will enjoy this movie. If you think this going to be an amazing film think again. It’s an eh film with some good ideas that is ruined by an excessive and poorly written love story. A shame too considering this movie looked promising. Who knows maybe the book is better. Expand
  60. Aug 25, 2013
    A fun, different take on the zombie genre, well-acted performances, a few laughs here and there, great soundtrack, and the result is a pretty cool movie.
  61. Feb 14, 2013
    A competent romantic comedy that leans more towards romantic than comedy. It's good if you don't think too hard about it, but that's a criticism you could level at basically any zombie movie. This film is nothing like Twilight, by the way: it's actually good.
  62. Mar 18, 2013
    This movie has everything; And ironic soundtrack.
    Dead people hiding as humans.
    Rob Corddry hitting on women.
    Zombie make-overs.
    Necrophilia.

Its a buddy flick.
    Its a romcom.
    Its a coming of age story.

What more do you want?
  63. Sep 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warm Bodies is a surprisingly entertaining movie from beginning to end. I think these writers need to get with the program. Making serious, dark zombie movies just doesn't work. The best zombie movies have been light-hearted movies that don't take themselves too seriously like this one and Zombieland. This film had plenty of humor, some solid acting, and a unique twist on the cliched zombie apocalypse concept. Here we have a zombie, played very well by Nicholas Hoult, who for some reason is drawn to human things and not just because he wants to eat their brains. This takes a turn when he sees Teresa Palmer's character and somehow falls in love. Looking at her it's easy to see why. She looks like a combination of Hayden Panettiere and Kristen Stewart but more attractive than either one. I truly hope she gets more roles because the camera loves her almost as much as R did. Back to the movie, throughout the rest of the film she essentially reteaches R how to be human and he begins to adapt over time. When this phenomenon begins to spread, the human population has an interesting situation on their hands. Overall, was this movie realistic at all? Of course not, but it's a zombie movie. Analyzing the film for plot holes or anything like that would be just silly. If you want a fun movie-watching experience, however, it's worth checking out. Expand
  64. Jul 13, 2013
    Love comes into play in almost every feature film you will ever see. It comes in many forms and often times, entire movies are centered on it. Those are basically the film that I loath, but Warm Bodies was different for the simple fact that it has everything! From love and romance to apocalyptic Science Fiction, this film has something for everyone! In this world, a virus has spread and left the world in ruins. Several human settlements still exist, but they are the food source and they are surrounded. The film begins with a group of teenagers traveling into the danger zone in order to find medicine for their settlement, when they are attacked. It looks like they're all done for, when a zombie named R sees one of the girls and decides to save her instead of eat her. For some reason this girl evoked emotion in R, which led to memories. Soon the other zombies in R's group start having memories and decide to convince the humans that they are changing. Are they really changing though or is it a ploy? Love is the cure is kind of a hoke concept, but it is our most powerful emotion and it seemed plausible that this feeling could evoke memories. Nicholas Hoult (forever known as that kid from About A Boy) stars as R and is terrific. It might not take a lot of talent to play a zombie, but to play one that is learning to be human again is no easy task. Hoult plays the part perfectly and is the reason this film is believable. John Malkovich is also in Warm Bodies and while he's not playing a hilarious bad guy, he still adds a different dynamic to the film, getting involved in much of the action sequences. Warm Bodies is a refreshingly unique story that will appeal to a large audience. The Walking Dead it's not, but it still has enough bite to keep the audience that's not into all the classic romantic stuff. To be honest, I thought it might be good for a few laughs, but I never thought this film would be as good as it was. It has a message and makes an impact, while being a funny, edge of your seat thriller. This was really not something I would usually go for, but my recent Walking Dead inspired zombie craze put it on my radar and it was an amazing ride. Expand
  65. Aug 11, 2013
    Warm Bodies might have a bunch of lifeless zombies walking around but the movie is anything but. Its absorbing, funny, original, and full of heart, which is refreshing in this day age of stupid teenage boy girl love stories.
  66. Aug 23, 2013
    A nice touch to all the zombie craziness circulating the movies these days. Funny, original, and sincere. This movie proves just how useful a soundtrack can add to a movie.
  67. Dec 2, 2013
    Although not quite gore for some, Warm Bodies is an optimistic, heartwarming, funny love story about a zombie and a human that makes Twilight fans feel bad about themselves for loving its terrible saga.
  68. Oct 6, 2013
    Warm Bodies is an excellent post apocalyptic retelling of the classic Romeo & Juliet story, with a few twists of course.
    The film follows R, a young male zombie who lives in an airport with many others of his zombie brethren. R gives us an insight of how it is to be a zombie, how they communicate, why they eat brains and what a 'boney' is and why you'll become one after being a zombie for
    so long.
    When R and some other zombies are out looking for humans to eat they stumble across a girl named Julia and a group of her friends. R, after just eating Julia's ex-boyfriends brain gains access to his memories and falls in love with Julia. He takes her back to the airport under disguise so she isn't attacked and the two begin to form a very dysfunctional relationship.
    However as the two grow closer and the other zombies begin to see the affection the two share the zombies begin to revert back to human state causing a three way war between surviving humans, zombies and 'boneys'.
    Warm Bodies is unique, touching, funny and a generally great zombie film as well as a romance film. If you like zombies, romance or comedy then Warm Bodies is for you.
  69. Nov 11, 2013
    Watched with my 19=year old daughter. We agreed that this was one of the best mixed of Zombie, loved, and comedy movies i"ve ever watched. I didn't expect but the story-line and actor's performance gradually become intrigued.
  70. Aug 3, 2013
    We all know what a zombie is right? Those moaning dead things that wander around eating humans? Yeah, well Warm Bodies says a human girl and a zombie can fall in love. That's a con job.
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    This is a decent horror-comedy that is enjoyable to watch. At first glance this movie might come across as Twilight with zombies, and for the most part it kind of is. But the humor and the unique perspective of the movie is what sets it apart, and keeps it from being the teen angst movie that Twilight was.

Praise aside, this movie does suffer from numerous plot holes. Big ones too. Most
    of the time when I noticed them, I just went "Whatever" and just continued watching, blindly accepting the inconsistencies. Doing that, I managed to really enjoy the movie.

Overall:
    Warm Bodies is a nice movie to watch that you will thoroughly enjoy, provided you can look past the many inconsistencies and writing mistakes.
  72. Jan 3, 2014
    Fun, cleverly written and very funny. Warm Bodies is the best zom-rom-com since Shaun of the Dead. Nicholas Hoult and John Malkovich are the standout performances providing great entertainment in the midst of all the satisfactory scenes and average plot twists.
  73. May 17, 2013
    mildly interesting for first 5 minutes of the movie and then it takes Rome Juliet to new levels of low by taking this sort of script seriously. It would have been more interesting to see if Romeo was a vibrator with all the grunting that is happening instead of dialogue.

Shakespeare should sue.
  74. Jul 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, I didn't read the book, which is why I gave this movie a two (If I would have read the book, it probably would have dropped to a zero).

To begin with, I adore the lore of zombies; the fact that a strain of something can turn anyone into a slobbering, stumbling husk of a human has always fascinated me. This film, however, fails to add anything new or exciting to the zombie lore/genre. The gaining of the emotions, memories, and thoughts of the victim's brain felt contrived and convoluted; just the fact that these zombies get such a euphoric rush from eating brains would have been enough. Now, this might just be a pet peeve of mine when it comes to these types of movies but, how exactly did this all happen? It's shown that if a zombie doesn't eat the brains of a human, said human turns into a zombie. So, this would suggest that the 'virus' spread from parental transmission, or biting, which is odd due to how slow it would spread through a population. Would you stand next to someone who's very aggressive and nonsensical?

Furthermore, the characters felt very flat and it felt that the 'zombies' were just thrown in there for a cheap gimmick. It's basically, as most people and critics have said, Romeo and Juliet with zombies. This wouldn't be so bad if we'd get more exposition about the main character and supporting characters. We spend a total of about five minutes with Perry (the soon to be zombie dinner) and his girlfriend/lover, Julie. Both felt very two-dimensional and it was obvious that the actors had little chemistry on screen, though how can you blame them with such bad source material?

Moving on, the zombies themselves. These 'zombies' are apparently not the only un-dead thing looking for flesh and brains. They're in competition with the 'bonies' which look more like Ghouls from Fallout. Apparently, regular zombies all eventually end up as 'bonies' due to them losing hope and faith? What kind of sense does that make? They're supposed to be ZOMBIES, not pre-teenaged girls. A disease is a bit more complex and it spreading faster usually doesn't correlate with one losing 'hope' over it. How fast it spreads varies from person to person and besides, they've already lost their humanity to this disease/virus, what is there to lose hope over?

The 'bonies' themselves are unimpressive and aren't too consistent with how they were built up to be. Later on in the movie, Julie's father says that the 'bonies' are very fast and are very dangerous which is unlike anything they've ever seen. Though, during the scene where R and Julie are running away from the 'bonies', R trips and Julie fires two shots into the bonie that was about to pounce on R which kills it instantly. She didn't even aim for the head and it dropped after two shots. So, why is her father and the rest of the 'city' freaking out over these things? They've got Humvees with fifty-cal turrets, adding to that, a wall that splits their settlement from the outside.

As for Julie's father? He was a dumbass and a piss poor representation of someone stuck in their ways. For example, when R is shown to him and tries to communicate, why didn't he blow R's brains out right there? I'm all for turning someone who's stubborn but still, he could have acted a bit more in-character with his archetype.

Next, the fact that the zombies were even able to turn back into humans 'through the power of love' is a horribly executed cliche' of old Disney films with a dark twist. You cannot just simply wish for someone to get a beating heart again just because they or you love hard enough. Also, where did all the blood even go when they became zombies in the first place? It shows that their hearts can return to beating and when they 'come back to life', they bleed when shot. It takes a lot longer than a few seconds for blood to return to a body, and if it's not circulating it dries out. So what is the heart pumping?

Also, perhaps it was explained in the book, but where exactly did this all take place? We see that it's a big city, but it also has agriculture right in the middle of the streets. I understand this was done in order to survive in such a small area of land, but how can you have agriculture IN A CITY ENVIRONMENT? You need a LOT more than a bit of grass and hay to raise the several goats and cows shown in the film. And where are they getting the patches of grass and bales of hay exactly? How far has this strain gone in 8 years time? From what's implied, it's wiped out most of civilization, but apparently not the areas vital for growing crops and selling it to small bunkers that somehow avoided infection.

I'm almost out of characters, so I'm wrapping this up. The film was bad, it was lacking the essential information needed to know what's going on. The characters were bland and inconsistent, and the lore of zombies was done just as well as the lore of vampires was done in Twilight.
  75. Feb 12, 2013
    What can I honestly say? I went into this movie after watching the trailers, thinking "This'll probably suck." So I was surprised to find it wasn't all that bad. The main character is likable, although I thought it was a pretty dead role (badum-tish). But in all seriousness, the acting was good for the most part, and I almost laughed at some parts. Then it fell into the whole "Love conquers all" rut. The movie tried to be funny in places, but I never found myself truly amused by the attempted humor. It also had a few major plot holes I couldn't shake off, so by the end of the movie I was annoyed when the questions I had went unanswered.

TL;DR A movie that will entertain you for a few hours, but don't expect it to win any awards.
  76. Feb 13, 2013
    I really enjoyed the movie, as silly as the movie is. It's a very good twist on classic love tales as well as the currently over popular zombie genre. I am not sure why other people compare this movie to Twilight, it has nothing in common with it. The movie had tons of surprises which is nice in the predictable world of younger age targeted movies.
  77. Mar 12, 2013
    So I guess zombies are where we draw the line with young love. Going in I didn't expect much from this movies and I was right. I didn't expect this movie to have a good story line, decent acting or realistic graphics and they delivered. I feel like the whole movie was made to follow the trend of paranormal love and it just didn't work out. Despite few scenes where I was woken up by the sound of people leaving, I was a sleep the whole time. An I never fall a sleep in a zombie movie. Expand
  78. Jul 5, 2013
    Honestly, this movie seemed pretty good when I saw the commercials, but obviously, I was wrong. I watched the whole thing hoping it would pick up at one point, but it never did. It was boring, and not funny at all (except for like maybe 3 little jokes, which still were not that funny). Huge disappointment.
  79. Jun 14, 2013
    A film worst than i expected. It was better than twillight but it was still a bad film. The plot is really uninteresting and there is nothing going on in the movie. The ending is really predictable and the whole movie was over the average. Such a shame
  80. Jun 16, 2013
    I didn't expect much out of this film yet I was disapointed. The movie offers a very cheesy message that "love saved the zombies". I laugh at the idea that this movie is was a comedy. The jokes this movie had to offer were really stupid. Any copy of this movie should burn in a fire.
  81. Jun 21, 2013
    This movie was a refreshing take on a zombie apocalypse. It combines romance and comedy into a genre that does not see much of either and does it rather nicely. I liked the fact that it showed the apocalypse primarily from the zombies' point of view rather than the humans' and that it showed the zombies as creatures capable of thoughts and emotions rather than just mindless enemies to the humans. I rate this ten out of ten because it was a new, unique, and refreshing take on a genre that had been played out as action and horror so many times it was starting to become a bit boring. I'm glad this movie presented a new idea to liven up the undead genre. Expand
  82. Jun 22, 2013
    I don't remember at first place why I watched this, and if you watch it maybe you don't remember it, I think that's all I can say about this weirdo project.
  83. Jul 3, 2013
    The only thing I knew before seeing this movie was that it had something to do with zombies, and that the movie got fairly decent reviews. My expectations weren't too high, and to be completely honest, I ended up really enjoying the movie.

'Warm Bodies' deals with the possibility that perhaps in some other universe similar to our own, where zombies parade the streets, there can exist a
    specific entity that is so infectious that it could even reverse the effects of a zombiefying virus... that entity being, of course, an amalgam of love and compassion. We're often led to believe by a large majority of zombie films that once a human has been transformed, all hope is lost. The opposite concept is presented in 'Warm Bodies' and I think it's a nice change of pace from the usual kill-all-zombies bloodfest.

The two main characters were amiable and believable, and the overall production was well done from set pieces to camerawork to music. Slow in pacing at times? Sure, for a zombie movie, but I appreciated the scenes where we got to see the relationship between the two main characters develop. I will say that I only wish Rob Corddry had a larger presence in the movie. He's a funny guy, and it wouldn't have hurt if he'd been given more screen time.

In conclusion, although this movie does require moviegoers to make a certain leap of faith in assuming love can overcome anything, I think that a suspension of disbelief is helpful in truly being able to enjoy the heart that this film has to offer. Viewed from that lens, this movie is a heartwarming reminder of what makes humans... humans. Some critics might deem this zombie flick a "wussification" of the zombie genre, and to them I say that 'Warm Bodies' is definitely not the conventional zombie movie, but that is the exact reason I enjoyed it. At the end of the day, what matters to me most about movies is that the story was well told, that I walk away from the film having learned something, and that I had a great time. On those terms, 'Warm Bodies' is definitely an impressing entry into the zombie world of entertainment.
  84. Jul 5, 2013
    a really sweet different movie and really talks about how important the basic human feelings in life are. I thought it was just another zombie movie but turned out to be so great
  85. Jul 9, 2013
    Originally, I was expecting this to be a Twilight rip-off with zombies and I was thinking to myself, "who in their right minds would want to rip-off something so unbelievably horrid?!"
    But it turns out that Warm Bodies is nothing like Twilight. In fact, it was surprisingly very fun to watch. The commentary that was going in in the main character's head throughout the beginning of the film
    is quite humorous. That characters in the film are consistently interesting, especially Nicholas Hoult's character. If you want a supernatural/love drama done right, burn your copy of New Moon and go see Warm Bodies. Expand
  86. Jul 9, 2013
    It doesn't take itself serious at all, knocks on some zombie flicks too. Love conquers all, loved the premise. With some action, drama but above all if you don't take it too serious, you will enjoy it, the comedic moments were awesome. Definitely not a disappointment at all.
  87. Aug 19, 2014
    Sappy but cute. I consider this a guilty pleasure. Definitely worth the redbox $1.24. Teresa Palmer and Nicholas Hoult have enough chemistry to pull off a really silly premise.
  88. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Zombie Type: Both slow-walking and fast-running undead

Outbreak/Apocalypse Phase: Post-outbreak apocalypse (outbreak has already occurred, characters are living through the zombie apocalypse)

Sub-Genre: Romantic Comedy (rom-zom-com)

This is the kind of movie that really freshens up an entire genre. I wish I could talk more about the story, but I try to either leave these posts fairly spoiler-free or at least warn readers when I’m about to spill some of the beans (brains?).

Warm Bodies is based on the Isaac Marion novel of the same name and centers around the relationship between R (a male zombie) and Julie (a female living human). Seeing as how I’ve already classified this as a romantic comedy, I think you can tell roughly where the story goes. I enjoyed the relationship between the odd pairing, and the awkwardness that ensues when a girl catches a zombie’s fancy unsurprisingly leads to some funny moments.

What truly makes the story unique by zombie standards is MILD SPOILERS it is basically a retelling of Romeo and Juliet. R is Romeo, J is Juliet, M is Mercutio, Perry is Paris, Julie’s dad hates all of zombie-kind, etc. There are several scenes that reference Shakespeare’s classic, but I’ll leave that for you guys to discover yourselves. END SPOILERS

This movie was a huge pleasant surprise. I expected it to be cheesy but decent enough to watch. Instead, I found myself regarding this as probably one of my top ten favorite zombie films of all time. The uniqueness of the story is only half of what makes it good; the other half is simply the fact that this is a solid, enjoyable movie.

Isaac Marion announced in 2012 that he is writing a sequel to the novel Warm Bodies. Whether it is also adapted to the cinema screen remains to be seen, but I eagerly await the chance to watch the further evolution of his story.

Final Verdict: highly recommended not only for zombie fans, but also for anyone else looking for a good movie that’s different than the usual undead fare. Very unique zombie film!
  89. Sep 30, 2013
    Warm Bodies is one of the most funny and interesting movies of this year, the cast is great, and the performances of all (Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, John Malkovich, Analeigh Tipton, Dave Franco and the rest) are really cool. Maybe is not the best movie of the genre, but Warm Bodies is extremely funny.
  90. Sep 21, 2013
    Warm Bodies is a neat little horror movie now playing over the Internet. "Cute", "sweet" and "funny" are not words I normally associate with zombie movies. "Gross", "disgusting" and "gore" are the ones I use. But this movie, directed by novice filmmaker Jonathan Levine, surprised me. I don't know if it's a new trend in zombie entertainment, but a nice zombie-human love story is a positive one.

"R" is a living dead flesh-eating zombie who spends his days stumbling around an abandoned airport with the rest of the reanimated corpses. But he realizes his situation is hopeless. Most of the introduction to Warm Bodies consists of his internal monologues. For instance:

"What am I doing with my life? I'm so pale. I should get out more. I should eat better. My posture is terrible. I should stand up straighter. People would respect me more if I stood up straighter. What's wrong with me? I just want to connect. Why can't I connect with people? Oh, right, it's because I'm dead."

Prior to the opening of the film, a zombie apocalypse had taken place. Most of the human survivors have gathered in a walled-off fortress where General Grigio (Malkovitch) manages to keep the remaining humans alive. The zombies exist in two forms: 1) the "corpses", who stumble around all day, looking for human food and 2) The "bonies", skeletor things who will "eat anything with a pulse". The major difference between the corpses and the bonies are how they view their existence: corpses will eat the living, but feel conflicted about it.

A team of young adults are sent out beyond the wall to scourge for much-needed medical supplies. While the corpses attack, "R" finds himself smitten with one of the women (Teresa Palmer). Although he's munched on her boyfriend's brains, he pulls her out of the mob and takes her to safety in his private crash pad. At first she's terrified of him, but "R" manages to win her trust. He shows her how to act like a zombie to avoid being eaten. Eventually she makes it back to the human side of the wall.

But she's started something within "R". As he begins to develop human feelings, he becomes less of a zombie. Soon, the other corpses are learning to be human again. The bonies don't like this one bit and toss them out of the abandoned airport. Knowing the bonies are massing toward the human city, the corpses link-up with "R" and head toward the last refuge of humanity. Will the corpses be able to stop the Bad Living Dead? Will the humans not shoot the corpses and accept their help? Will "R" be able to express his love for the human woman?

It may all sound silly, but the movie works. There are some hilarious moments. Such as a scene where "R" tries to imagine how the airport looked before the zombie apocalypse. Instantly, we see how it was in the old days, with bored travelers shuffling around the terminal staring at their smart phones with glassy eyes.

So check it out if you get a chance. It's not even that violent.

www.cinemaofhorror.com
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    It vampires all over again-- Basically it Twilight but with zombies. The plot is nothing special and is a rip of of Undying Love by Hattori Mitsuru. The character were not memorable and their personalities were god awful; I would give the characters a 4 out of ten. It would have been really cool if they start explaining why the zombies hearts are beating again but the movie failed in that aspect as well. Also why did only R come back to life while the others didn`t; it was a massive plot hole. The actor were excellent but were the only thing going for the movie. 8 out of ten for that. I must say the movie was better than I expected since I read the book and it was better than that piece of crap. Now why did the girl R fall in love with kiss a walking corspe? Put it simple, would you kiss someone who has eaten your boyfriends brain? Expand
  92. Jun 26, 2014
    While its villains are weak and dialogue cheesy at times, Warm Bodies compensates by its sweet romance, energetic soundtrack, steady pacing and heart.
  93. Jan 5, 2014
    First, I would like to say if you enjoy good films and/or zombies, please consider checking out Warm Bodies. The scores are kind of mixed about this movie even though it has a generally good score, I believe it should be higher, and let me say the only reason why the scores are lower is because either A) They are too dumb to understand this movie (p.s. it doesn't require a genius IQ to understand it.), B) They think zombies are a real entity and this movie didn't represent "true zombie lore", or C) They passed up the movie 5 minutes in or didn't even watch it because they thought it was akin to the likes of Twilight (it's not!). I loved this film and it was near perfect with its insights on modern society, the perception of a zombie apocalypse from the eyes of zombies, and the infusion of Romeo and Juliet archetype was done excellently. Ultimately, the conflict between zombies, bonies, and humans revolving around R and Julie make for a refreshing and enjoyable movie. Expand
  94. Apr 3, 2014
    a zombie movie should not have love . But the kicking zombies ass while love it is okay i guess but it is not something i expected . Grade B+
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  95. Jul 20, 2014
    It is a very unique movie. It is the first time I heard zombie being the good guy. I really enjoy this movie. It deliver much more than what I expected. I also loved the romance and the comedy presented in this movie. The plot really interest me and there is some plot twist, not much though. Acting is good. Probably lack of action if you expect it to be an extremely action-packed movie but I think it is enough. It is very outstanding. It stood out among all those crappy zombie movie released this year. Expand
  96. Aug 8, 2014
    I am stunned, this movie is for kids! not bad? but my husband who is 49 bought this show, kinda weird when he makes fun of Real of Housewives..lol But since his girlfriend who is 26 now loves it, I guess it is Great....

1. Reviewed by: Stephanie Zacharek
    Feb 26, 2013
    Levine – whose last picture was the intriguing, if only partly effective, cancer comedy “50/50” — is going for something more here, exploring what makes us human by contrasting it with a character who has lost all the basics and is desperate to get them back.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    Zombie-ism in the movies is traditionally inspected for metaphorical qualities. Here it could simply be that we males are emotionally dead … until love revives us.
  3. Reviewed by: Rosie Fletcher
    Feb 9, 2013
    A Frankenstein’s monster of comedy, romance and horror that’s less than its parts, Warm Bodies entertains but underwhelms.