7.7

1. Mar 17, 2011
    A fantastic film. The story, the setting, the characters, everything works perfectly to create this dark alternate reality. Zach Snyder has done it again, creating another beautiful world for another great film.
  2. Nov 20, 2011
    IMO its the best film based off a comic book/graphic novel of all time. I had no idea what the Watchmen was about until I bought it on DVD and I watched it with my siblings and we were all blown away by how good it was. We all enjoyed it from start to finish and I am sure a lot of others would too.
  3. Oct 17, 2013
    A few years after release, I think this film was unfairly maligned. It's not as good as the comic, but its still a well shot, thought provoking film. Some of the performances are great, most are good, and the sound track is phenomenal. I actually think the ending of the film made a lot more sense than the comic too, though I know many people didn't like it.
  4. Mar 24, 2013
    Watchmen is probably the most unique and thought provoking superhero movie ever made. It's also one of the best. The plotting, atmosphere and characterizations are all top class, as are the fantastic fight scenes. I might well know nothing about the graphic novel that the film was based on, but I can tell you this; Watchmen is awesome!
  5. Jan 20, 2011
    Watchmen could be the best superhero movie ever adapted successfully from comic books, even could be better than THE DARK KNIGHT (2008). The Director is Zack Snyder, the man behind the extraordinary 300 (2006). He also directed the simple but effective horror, DAWN OF THE DEAD in 2004. Snyder is a young Director that his track-record never flaw until now. The cinematography on thiz film is still stunning, every scene made with a great detail. The Watchmen original material comes from graphic comic written by Alan Moore. Every character in Watchmen is very unique. The most unique character maybe is Dr. Manhattan, who played by Billy Crudup. The other Casts are: Malin Akerman, Jackie Earle Haley, Patrick Wilson, Matthew Goode, Carla Gugino , and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Watchmen told a story about a group of super heroes dealing with the society on alternate world in 1985. One side, they needed to maintain peace, and the other side, they had put in distance because of their oddity .The soundtracks support well to give a precise atmosphere during thiz film. The conflict along the plots was in order and proportional. Malin Akerman physical appearance as Silk Spectre II, in my opinion is the best presentation of superhero character. The posture and shape what superhero should looks like appears perfectly. The climax on this movie was also very fair, where we could blurred by who is the bad guys or good guys. Thiz shows us the movie was far mature that seem to be.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  6. Jan 28, 2011
    Being a huge fan of the graphic novel, the only thing I hold against this movie is one performance. But the incredible accuracy to the novel, the excellent action, and the superb overall cast, Watchmen is unforgettable! See it!
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    I'm going to sum this up in two words: The best. By that, I mean this is the best superhero movie I have ever seen ( compared to the Spider man movies, which were very bad). Watchmen isn't just superhero movie, it is THE superhero movie.
  8. Mar 30, 2011
    Watchmen is a good film with a good story and acting at times. The film is a bet lengthy but it is a exceptional film when it comes to plot and diologue. Rorschack is my favorite character from Watchmen. I think Watchmen is Zack Snyder's best film.
  9. Jun 22, 2011
    Avoid the director's cuts and Watchmen is among the four or five best superhero movies made as of 2011. Demote Spider-Man 2 and it might be the best of the bunch. In fact, let's go a step farther. Watchmen isn't just a classic superhero movie. It's a classic film.
  10. Jun 28, 2013
    A stylish take on the graphic novel that manages to be both a faithful and plausible adaption. The mood was perfect for the story, and all the characters managed to be as deep as they were in the source material.
  11. Aug 5, 2011
    Movies are not meant to be judged based on other movies. There's no rule book, because it's simply different every time. In this instance, this movie should be based only by the novel to which it's based on. For that, I give this movie a 10. Having read the novel, this movie gave me the same emotional message as the novel did, in an astonishing way that surpassed my expectations. This movie gets me every time, as I hope it did for the other readers of the novel(which I highly recommend you pick up after reading this if you've never read it). Watchmen intrudes past most of our modern day movies, giving a dramatic look at what our species is capable of, both the good and the bad. Expand
  12. Jun 18, 2012
    An amazing film The 2nd greatest super hero movie of all time the reason why it gets so much hate is because people see the trailer they think it is an action movie it's not its a drama with noir and action elements the editing was just fantastic the voice acting was great the story is deep complex and interesting this is one of the few comic book movie that actually improves on the original a true masterpiece Expand
  13. Jun 23, 2012
    I'd like to say that I never read the graphic novels but I got to say that this movie was incredible now some complain that it was boring but i guess people hate movie's with a great story it did a great Job fleshing out each characters story except night owl which was the only character I didn't like his acting was terrible. The comedian was an interesting character since he believed that we're all destined to kill each other but doubts or maybe even believes we can change which is why he was killed.to my surprise most reviewers said it was to gory but come on ppl its rated r for a reason besides this isn't Batman r Spiderman where those movies are gore free..also people said hey only one Guy had powers...that's not true it was it was two lil ozmandias was extremely quick,strong & could Dodge/catch bullets & roshack was awesome all in all this movie gave me what I wanted 9 out of ten would've been a ten but Mr.Manhattan was naked lol Expand
  14. Feb 2, 2012
    A film the critics got dead wrong, Watchmen is the best comic book/graphic novel based film I have ever see. I had no idea what it was about, I liked the trailer and clips of it so I decided to buy the DVD. I loved it. A must watch imo.
  15. Nov 6, 2012
    Watchmen is one of the best superhero movies. Its dark gritty story is interesting, and while many fans of the book may be disappointed, I sure wasn't. Definitely worth watching.
  16. Aug 18, 2012
    This movie stands alone within the Superhero genre. Taken as an interpretation of the graphic novel, which itself is among the greatest novels of our time, this movie is perfect. The Ultimate Cut is the cut to watch, for it brings together all the plot points from the novel in one film.
  17. Jan 26, 2013
    1985, the world is on the brink of nuclear war. After a superhero named the Comedian is killed, the rest of the superheroes that form the Watchmen must reunite to track down the killer and stop world war 3. A dark, gritty, ultra-violent superhero story full of blood, guts, slaughter and sex, Watchmen is the superhero film for adults only. A great action film with a brilliant cast, great director and epic cinematography. Only drawback to the film is the heavy use of 80's politics, which if you are not overly clear on can become too much to handle. Expand
  18. Nov 24, 2013
    This movie is visually brilliant the lighting effects are amazing the camera angles are done to perfection, the acting is solid and believable the plot is amazingly deep and depressing, easily one of the best superhero movies of all time a real look of what it would be like if superheros lived among us, outstanding movie 10/10
  19. May 31, 2013
    This is a veary good movie the actors are great and the movie it selfe is great.This is the best movie based on a comic book.I owned the original comic book and i watched the movietoo so i ca say the two of the are great and i will give the movie an 9 because its a good movie and it will be eaven better if you read the comic to know what is going on.
  20. Sep 28, 2012
    Perfect interpretation of the comic book. Perfectly directed. The casting for this movie was perfect, If you didn't read the comic you still getl simular enjoyment form the movie. Yet the comic goes into to deatil more and I think they left a few critical moments out. Otherwise a very, very highly underrated movie.
  21. Mar 9, 2013
    Though it may be confusing and hard minded to some, Watchmen is execellently written adaption of one of the best graphic novels ever. Its visually impressive, it had lots of action, and it had great dramatic moments added along with it making this Snyder's best work by far.
  22. Dec 7, 2013
    You know what I liked it. I have read the comic so I can't be accused of not understanding how much of a bad adaptation this is, I love both of them. The comic is much deeper and more cleverly constructed but the movie appeals to a wider audience and makes some of the characters more likeable. Why this is almost rotten and fans of the comic don't hate it I will never know. But it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Expand
  23. Jul 7, 2013
    Yes, I've read Watchmen. And yes, I do believe it is one of the most interesting, involving, thought-provoking, mind-blowing books I've ever read of any genre. Anyone who's read my reviews of comic book-inspired movies knows I've never claimed to be a comic book fan. I usually steer clear of the medium, but Watchmen was a must-read (actually a must-read over and over). And being a Watchmen fan going into Warner Bros Pictures' and Zack Snyder's film adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' critically acclaimed work, I had high hopes for this feature film based on what's widely regarded as unfilmable source material. Did Snyder's cinematic vision live up to expectations? Absolutely. Snyder and writers David Hayter and Alex Tse had to lose portions of the graphic novel (which first appeared as a comic book series in the mid-1980s) in order to condense the story into a reasonable running time and comprehensible narrative. They also had the difficult task of making the film accessible to those who haven't read Watchmen without trampling on the dreams of Watchmen fans who've been waiting decades for a movie based on Moore and Gibbons' characters. Watchmen fans must realize going in that this is not a panel by panel adaptation in the vein of 300. That would have been an impossible endeavor given the richness and sheer depth of the graphic novel. As such, important portions of Watchmen have been left out. Failing to make the cut in the feature film are any mentions of Tales of the Black Freighter (an animated short is being released separately on DVD) and Hollis Mason's Under the Hood. And Watchmen the movie relegates the past members of the Minutemen to mere fleeting glimpses in the film's marvelously inventive opening credits (one of the best lead-ins to a film I can recall). The ending's also been drastically tweaked. But all that aside, most importantly, the message, the tone, and the six central characters have made the leap to the big screen nearly completely intact. Alan Moore used Watchmen as a way to deconstruct the superhero genre while at the same time reflecting on world issues. What sacrifices would we be willing to make in order to save the world from itself? Does the end justify the means, if it entails the loss of life in order to stop a nuclear war? Watchmen is set in an alternate 1980's reality in which presidential term limits are no longer enforced and the Doomsday Clock is closer than ever to striking midnight as the United States and Russia move toward nuclear war. In this twisted world, costumed vigilantes once worked side by side with law enforcement. Known as the Minutemen, these crime-fighters didn't have any special powers, just the desire to clean up the streets. As the original group aged and moved on, a new wave of costumed crime-fighters popped up. This new group (the Crimebusters) followed in the footsteps of the Minuteman, rounding up bank robbers and murderers, all without the backing of the power of a badge. But the tide eventually turned and costume-wearing vigilantes were forced into retirement with the passage of the Keene Act (the film glosses over this part of the story). After the passage of the Keene Act, Dr Manhattan and The Comedian, a ruthless, morally bankrupt, cold-blooded killer, are allowed to continue to work with/work for the government. Rorschach, another member of the team, continues to hunt down villains but does so unofficially, outside the confines of the law. Although Snyder and company serve up backstories by way of flashbacks, most of the action in the movie Watchmen takes place following the murder of The Comedian. Rorschach becomes driven to find the truth behind who killed The Comedian (someone he holds in high regard despite his despicable acts). In order to ferret out the killer and find out if whoever it is is targeting costumed vigilantes and for what purpose, Rorschach pulls his old crime-fighting compadres out of retirement. As Rorschach, Nite Owl II, and Silk Spectre II dig into this plot to kill all 'superheroes', they uncover a conspiracy the depths of which they never anticipated upon hearing the news of The Comedian's murder.
    Watchmen is not a film for everyone and it won't connect with audiences looking for the standard superhero genre flick. Watchmen is unflinchingly violent, there's nudity (Dr Manhattan's penis is right there in your face even if you blink, you won't miss it), raw sex, and there's none of the lighthearted superhero-type moments in this that we've come to expect from major motion picture adaptations of comic books. Watchmen presents a world in which actions have real consequences and they're not necessarily pretty, and if people were in fact superheroes, they'd be warped and in desperate need of some serious therapy. This film's gritty and nasty and you want to wash your hands when you're done watching it. But I'm betting after just one screening of the film, you'll think more about Watchmen than any other comic book/graphic novel-inspired movie you've ever witnessed.
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    Amazing adaptation from the original Graphic Novel written by Allan Moore.
    The movie is extremely loyal to the original comic by respecting each character personality, and charm, even the actors used in the film (wich are really good at recreating each character) look like if they just take them straight out of the original Graphic Novel both in dialog and physically.
    Even then the movie
    has his fair share of flaws, the most common consist on just how a couple of scenes that are similar from the Graphic Novel can be much more violent in the movie,
    when most of the time there is not a reason on why they would make them that way, the whole atmosphere in wich these scenes take place is already shocking it can transmit the feeling of how important and brutal certain moments of the movie are,
    so when they finally come out and add someone chopping off the arms of someone else with a chainsaw, it quite breaks the entire atmosphere of the movie.
    There are also a couple of really important moments that are removed from the original Graphic Novel.
    For me personally the moments that were removed didn't really affect the flow of the film and they never really leaved me with a tasteless movie experience but i know that fans of the original novel may resent these changes made into the film just like i resent the over the top notch graphic unnecessary violence in some giving the fact that they don't stay true to the novel and,
    "in my opinion" can break the flow of the experience.
    ha i guess you can also take that as me being one that loved the graphic novel just as much as i loved the film.
  25. Jul 15, 2013
    What makes Watchmen so great is that it's one of very few comic adaptions that's almost entirely true to it's source material. It's about 98% accurate. That's what makes this film as good as the cult classic graphic novel.
  26. Jun 8, 2013
    Watchmen is a halluzinogene, sharp and sterile adaption of the comics, which were regarded of being not filmable. But Zack Snyder's creation lives through the pain and insanity the fallen heroes are exposed to.
    It is probably the best film I have ever seen.
  27. Jun 15, 2013
    Without a doubt one of the most epic movies ever made and the most artistic superhero comic book adaptation to date. It requires a bit of patience, and possibly re-watching, but is easily one of the best films I've had the pleasure of seeing.
  28. Aug 6, 2013
    Though it overstays its welcome slightly, at more than 2 1/2 hours long, the film hits a bulls-eye with what it tries to achieve: a superhero movie with a dark and mature atmosphere.
  29. Nov 6, 2013
    I don't understand why this film is so hated, it was flawless. If you're the kind of person who gets worked up over comic book adaptations not being 100% faithful to the material then you really need a new hobby. Every aspect of the movie was perfect and the ending was great, instead of the good guys just casually beating the evil villain they then turned the whole narrative on its head and left you wondering who the good guys really were. Expand
  30. Feb 13, 2014
    El mejor trabajo de Zack Snyder, impresionante, muy fiel al comic, lleno de detalles, espectacularidad epica para dar de tomar, es estilo zack snyder es genial, su tonalidad catapulta al genero superheroes infantil/juvenil. Simplemente genial.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Nathan
    Okay, it isn't the graphic novel, but Zack Snyder clearly gives a toss, creating a smart, stylish, decent adaptation, if low on accessibility for the non-convert.
  2. Snyder and writers David Hayter and Alex Tse never find a reason for those unfamiliar with the graphic novel to care about any of this nonsense. And it is nonsense.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    The movie is ultimately undone by its own reverence; there's simply no room for these characters and stories to breathe of their own accord, and even the most fastidiously replicated scenes can feel glib and truncated.