7.8

1. Oct 12, 2014
    Not that good of a graphic novel adaptation indeed.But a marvelous movie filled with great moments.With great performances and good looking visuals,this movie is entertaining and has a truly unexpected take on superheroes.
  2. Aug 25, 2014
    I haven't read the graphic novel yet.

I haven't read the graphic novel yet.

When I started, I was expecting to see another superhero movie, but was slightly surprised how different "Watchmen" was from movies like X-Men and Fantastic Four. There was a lot more graphic violence - and sex - than I expected. The latter didn't even seem all that important for the story. The brutal, straightforward violence, on the other hand, gave the movie a sharp undertone.

The beginning of the movie was very nice, but when the titles began rolling, it seemed to take almost too long. There were phases in the plot where things didn't seem to move in any important direction, but those didn't last long enough to ruin the general air of the movie.

I liked Dr. Manhattan a lot. The actor, and the character's struggle was the best part of the movie.

Roschach's monologue reminded me of "Sin City". All in all, his character was very wicked and broken. I couldn't get enough of that shifting mask of his.

All in all the movie carries itself pretty well from start to finish. It is dark, wicked, powerful, and brings forth many different feelings from joy to utter loss.

The soundtrack sounded "old", which matched the era of the movie, in my opinion. Other than that, it was hard to imagine it was taking place in a time before I was even born.
  3. Aug 22, 2014
    First time I saw this movie, I really hate it, but then I understood that is a philosophical movie, where each character represents one of the thoughts of those decades, like pessimism, optimism, utilitarianism... Then i realised that this is an amazing masterpiece of another DC Comics series, and i have seen this movie like 3 times in less than a week... simply amazing, and i really love it.
  4. Jul 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With more darker, thrilling, and violet then the novel, watchmen brings the intense mystery violet film that frightens the audiences under 12 or 13 with graphic violences,bad sex love scenes and others. I don't need to hurt Zack synder's feelings for this movie but he does directed others films that are good such as legend of the guardians, sucker punch, 300, and man of steel. So I would generally recommend that this is a good movie but has bad stuff in it based on the graphic novel. So there's one thing I am confused about this movie. One thing am confused is that the plot generally mixed up from character to character. Each from past it the present of the story. So I would this is that the movie maybe frighten people with intense violence and darker past of the story. So that's that things I would say about this movie. Expand
  5. Jul 4, 2014
    Watchmen is not only the best comic-book adaptation I have ever seen, it is easily one of the most inventive, intelligent movies ever. The story is always surprising, and there are some very funny scenes. Not something to show to kids, though. It's darker (way darker) than the Dark Knight, and contains scenes of extremely graphic and/or psychological violence that are always justified.Watchmen is not only the best comic-book adaptation I have ever seen, it is easily one of the most inventive, intelligent movies ever. The story is always surprising, and there are some very funny scenes. Not something to show to kids, though. It's darker (way darker) than the Dark Knight, and contains scenes of extremely graphic and/or psychological violence that are always justified. Don't expect comforting characters and a happy end either. The characters are almost all **** (and all actors are perfect in their roles, even though none of them are really famous) and the ending... well, it's just so clever and unexpected, without coming from nowhere. And also: The soundtrack is perfect. Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2014
    A movie that made me think and say "That maybe some superhero movies are not for kids". It is a dark movie not for kids. The MA 15+ (R in USA) shows I wouldn't be fazed if it was R 18+ (NC 17 in USA). Ok back to the review if you are fan of the comic you will be disappointed I read the book a week before I saw the movie on blu ray. The story is fanatic very close to the comic only 1 or 2A movie that made me think and say "That maybe some superhero movies are not for kids". It is a dark movie not for kids. The MA 15+ (R in USA) shows I wouldn't be fazed if it was R 18+ (NC 17 in USA). Ok back to the review if you are fan of the comic you will be disappointed I read the book a week before I saw the movie on blu ray. The story is fanatic very close to the comic only 1 or 2 bits that won't in the comic. The movie has heavy themes to the point you see some nearly getting raped. The movie is not the bad and it has made it on my favourite movies of all time at number 4 but it is worth a look at. Expand
  7. Jun 8, 2014
    A great film with a great plot and great characters, Watchmen is possibly Zack Snyder's best film to date. Snyder not only accomplish the task of making a Watchmen film, something Terry Gilliam(Brazil, Time Bandits) failed at, but also made it a masterpiece. With it's dark and gritty tone, there are dark and gritty characters, whom are all well-written and very in depth (The Comedian beingA great film with a great plot and great characters, Watchmen is possibly Zack Snyder's best film to date. Snyder not only accomplish the task of making a Watchmen film, something Terry Gilliam(Brazil, Time Bandits) failed at, but also made it a masterpiece. With it's dark and gritty tone, there are dark and gritty characters, whom are all well-written and very in depth (The Comedian being the deepest in my opinion). If you get the chance of watching this, by all means don't hesitate to do so. Expand
  8. Jun 8, 2014
    Firstly, I want to say that as a standalone film, Watchmen is more than adequate. However, as an adaptation of the best graphic novel of all time, it doesn't meet the standards set by it's paper-back sibling.
    Watchmen is one of those rare anomalies that, despite it's amazing story, characters and setting, could never work as a film. The sharp, juxtaposition of panels and storylines in the comic is something so stylized and unique that it could only succeed in a written medium. As a film, it loses its punch. The pacing doesn't always feel right and, for me, the characters were always more interesting when I read the comics and shaped their voice and movement myself rather than an actor portraying them.
    My advice: read the comic, you'll love it. If you're desperate, check out this film. However, I feel that as the comic works so well on its own, the film does nothing to interest me further than what I already loved about the grand universe of Watchmen.
  9. May 25, 2014
    Now i know most people when you ask them to write a list of their top five comic book movies they wont have Watchmen on their list. For me though i love this film and have it in my top three super-hero movies of all time. Watching the film in the theater was just a blast again being directed by Zack Snyder he gave it is feel and it just blows it put the water visually the film is anNow i know most people when you ask them to write a list of their top five comic book movies they wont have Watchmen on their list. For me though i love this film and have it in my top three super-hero movies of all time. Watching the film in the theater was just a blast again being directed by Zack Snyder he gave it is feel and it just blows it put the water visually the film is an eye-gasm with action and sheer brutalness "umm seeing a person get blown up and the body hanging form the ceiling YES PLEASE" that was so crazy.

The Cast is great and they do show off a bit of different super hero's the main cast is Dr. Manhattan, Rorschach, Nite Owl, The Comedian, Silk Spectre II, Ozymandias, Now while they don't powers other then Dr. Manhattan they are more so just vigilantes in a alternate universe where they came out in the 1940s and 1960s, fighting crime and even helping The United States win the Vietnam War.

Now while the film is 2 hours and 45 minutes which this film need to be this long to explain a 12 issue volume it did end up getting a Director's cut running at 186 minutes then a Ultimate cut running at 215 minutes definitely enough to get the story told and it does masterfully.

Overall i give this a 9.0 I just love this movie and even the comics
  10. May 24, 2014
    Easily the most underrated comic book films of all time, Watchmen is a visual entertaining film that really captures the dark, depressing tone of Alan Moore's sensational award winning graphic novel, full of amazing action, acting (the actor who plays Rocatch is amazing) and a will crafted plot that is alot more grounded compared to the unreal ending of the graphic novel.

8/10 Cons:

Cons:
    -Music at times is really off putting and just awkwardly placed, for example the sassy scene on the film.
    -Pasting at times is too fast too slow, depending on what is happening
    -Some of the amazing set peaces from the comic book that really embrace the overall impact humanization are left out from the film, which is very upsetting
    -Really, Really cheesy at times
  11. Mar 30, 2014
    Very faithful to the source material, and it works well. I do prefer the cuts without "The Black Freighter"; The Ultimate Cut suffers from those awkward cheap-looking animated insertions and just doesn't flow too well. A strong, serious, and adult superhero chronicle that sets itself apart from others in more ways than one. Zack Snyder really did a respectful job in bringing the graphicVery faithful to the source material, and it works well. I do prefer the cuts without "The Black Freighter"; The Ultimate Cut suffers from those awkward cheap-looking animated insertions and just doesn't flow too well. A strong, serious, and adult superhero chronicle that sets itself apart from others in more ways than one. Zack Snyder really did a respectful job in bringing the graphic novel to life. Expand
  12. Feb 13, 2014
    El mejor trabajo de Zack Snyder, impresionante, muy fiel al comic, lleno de detalles, espectacularidad epica para dar de tomar, es estilo zack snyder es genial, su tonalidad catapulta al genero superheroes infantil/juvenil. Simplemente genial.
  13. Dec 7, 2013
    You know what I liked it. I have read the comic so I can't be accused of not understanding how much of a bad adaptation this is, I love both of them. The comic is much deeper and more cleverly constructed but the movie appeals to a wider audience and makes some of the characters more likeable. Why this is almost rotten and fans of the comic don't hate it I will never know. But it's one ofYou know what I liked it. I have read the comic so I can't be accused of not understanding how much of a bad adaptation this is, I love both of them. The comic is much deeper and more cleverly constructed but the movie appeals to a wider audience and makes some of the characters more likeable. Why this is almost rotten and fans of the comic don't hate it I will never know. But it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Expand
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    I don't understand why this film is so hated, it was flawless. If you're the kind of person who gets worked up over comic book adaptations not being 100% faithful to the material then you really need a new hobby. Every aspect of the movie was perfect and the ending was great, instead of the good guys just casually beating the evil villain they then turned the whole narrative on its headI don't understand why this film is so hated, it was flawless. If you're the kind of person who gets worked up over comic book adaptations not being 100% faithful to the material then you really need a new hobby. Every aspect of the movie was perfect and the ending was great, instead of the good guys just casually beating the evil villain they then turned the whole narrative on its head and left you wondering who the good guys really were. Expand
  15. Oct 17, 2013
    A few years after release, I think this film was unfairly maligned. It's not as good as the comic, but its still a well shot, thought provoking film. Some of the performances are great, most are good, and the sound track is phenomenal. I actually think the ending of the film made a lot more sense than the comic too, though I know many people didn't like it.
  16. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Who watches Watchmen?

Watchmen is a movie based on the graphic novel written by Alan Moore and is set in an alternate reality in 1985 New York City. It attempts to deconstruct the myth of the superhero genre.

I've read the graphic novel which is multi-layered and relies on flashbacks to propel the main narrative. So I was eager when news of a film adaptation was announced. However the director behind the project is Zac Snyder whose previous efforts I didn't like.

So with that in mind I knew it wouldn't be like Christopher Nolan's take on the Dark Knight but more like an highly excitable fan boy who had got their wish to direct this movie. To be fair Zac has done well with the source material and stayed faithful however his technique of highly stylized violence and the slowing and speeding up of images can get a bit tiring and is more in style to Sin City then how I personally imagined Watchmen to be like.

I envisaged Watchmen to be realistic in it's portrayal of it's characters and in the novel you assume the only character with genuine superpowers is Dr Manhattan yet in the movie every fight scene is hyper real with characters exhibiting superhuman strength which is confusing to say the least. This is a minor quibble.

The film is long and still manages to omit exposition necessary for the plot and requires inferences which is difficult if you haven't read the source material. For example Hollis Mason is introduced and it is never explained that there are two Nite Owls. Why introduce the character when he is necessary in the comic as he is killed in the novel and is part of Dan's desire to return to the world of superheroes but this doesn't happen in the movie. It's unnecessary.

Minor criticism's first. The only error in casting for me Is Ozymandias's character. He is supposed to be an Olympian style Adonis like figure who is the smartest man in the world but comes across as a bitter public school boy who lost on University Challenge.

The one other omission from the novel which I can't go into as it would reveal too much is the absence of a tentacled foe. I can see why this is omitted but in the comic the secrecy of this operation is more because of what it involves.

Overall I enjoyed the movie. Yes it is flawed and overlong. Some of the dialogue is clunky and Subtlety is definitely out of the window but it remains faithful to the novel and I would like to see the longer cut which would iron over any plot holes.
  17. Aug 30, 2013
    Even though the film overextends its welcome and has a tenacity to assert its political themes as often as possible, its graphic violence, durable characters, and stunning depiction of an unscrupulous alternate Earth more than compensate.
  18. Aug 6, 2013
    Though it overstays its welcome slightly, at more than 2 1/2 hours long, the film hits a bulls-eye with what it tries to achieve: a superhero movie with a dark and mature atmosphere.
  19. Jul 15, 2013
    What makes Watchmen so great is that it's one of very few comic adaptions that's almost entirely true to it's source material. It's about 98% accurate. That's what makes this film as good as the cult classic graphic novel.
  20. Jul 8, 2013
    I've read and love Watchmen, and still love this movie. Not sure why it got hated on as much as it did. It could of been more true to the source material, but it was overall very graphic and entertaining.
  21. Jul 7, 2013
    Yes, I've read Watchmen. And yes, I do believe it is one of the most interesting, involving, thought-provoking, mind-blowing books I've ever read of any genre. Anyone who's read my reviews of comic book-inspired movies knows I've never claimed to be a comic book fan. I usually steer clear of the medium, but Watchmen was a must-read (actually a must-read over and over). And being a WatchmenYes, I've read Watchmen. And yes, I do believe it is one of the most interesting, involving, thought-provoking, mind-blowing books I've ever read of any genre. Anyone who's read my reviews of comic book-inspired movies knows I've never claimed to be a comic book fan. I usually steer clear of the medium, but Watchmen was a must-read (actually a must-read over and over). And being a Watchmen fan going into Warner Bros Pictures' and Zack Snyder's film adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' critically acclaimed work, I had high hopes for this feature film based on what's widely regarded as unfilmable source material. Did Snyder's cinematic vision live up to expectations? Absolutely. Snyder and writers David Hayter and Alex Tse had to lose portions of the graphic novel (which first appeared as a comic book series in the mid-1980s) in order to condense the story into a reasonable running time and comprehensible narrative. They also had the difficult task of making the film accessible to those who haven't read Watchmen without trampling on the dreams of Watchmen fans who've been waiting decades for a movie based on Moore and Gibbons' characters. Watchmen fans must realize going in that this is not a panel by panel adaptation in the vein of 300. That would have been an impossible endeavor given the richness and sheer depth of the graphic novel. As such, important portions of Watchmen have been left out. Failing to make the cut in the feature film are any mentions of Tales of the Black Freighter (an animated short is being released separately on DVD) and Hollis Mason's Under the Hood. And Watchmen the movie relegates the past members of the Minutemen to mere fleeting glimpses in the film's marvelously inventive opening credits (one of the best lead-ins to a film I can recall). The ending's also been drastically tweaked. But all that aside, most importantly, the message, the tone, and the six central characters have made the leap to the big screen nearly completely intact. Alan Moore used Watchmen as a way to deconstruct the superhero genre while at the same time reflecting on world issues. What sacrifices would we be willing to make in order to save the world from itself? Does the end justify the means, if it entails the loss of life in order to stop a nuclear war? Watchmen is set in an alternate 1980's reality in which presidential term limits are no longer enforced and the Doomsday Clock is closer than ever to striking midnight as the United States and Russia move toward nuclear war. In this twisted world, costumed vigilantes once worked side by side with law enforcement. Known as the Minutemen, these crime-fighters didn't have any special powers, just the desire to clean up the streets. As the original group aged and moved on, a new wave of costumed crime-fighters popped up. This new group (the Crimebusters) followed in the footsteps of the Minuteman, rounding up bank robbers and murderers, all without the backing of the power of a badge. But the tide eventually turned and costume-wearing vigilantes were forced into retirement with the passage of the Keene Act (the film glosses over this part of the story). After the passage of the Keene Act, Dr Manhattan and The Comedian, a ruthless, morally bankrupt, cold-blooded killer, are allowed to continue to work with/work for the government. Rorschach, another member of the team, continues to hunt down villains but does so unofficially, outside the confines of the law. Although Snyder and company serve up backstories by way of flashbacks, most of the action in the movie Watchmen takes place following the murder of The Comedian. Rorschach becomes driven to find the truth behind who killed The Comedian (someone he holds in high regard despite his despicable acts). In order to ferret out the killer and find out if whoever it is is targeting costumed vigilantes and for what purpose, Rorschach pulls his old crime-fighting compadres out of retirement. As Rorschach, Nite Owl II, and Silk Spectre II dig into this plot to kill all 'superheroes', they uncover a conspiracy the depths of which they never anticipated upon hearing the news of The Comedian's murder.
    Watchmen is not a film for everyone and it won't connect with audiences looking for the standard superhero genre flick. Watchmen is unflinchingly violent, there's nudity (Dr Manhattan's penis is right there in your face even if you blink, you won't miss it), raw sex, and there's none of the lighthearted superhero-type moments in this that we've come to expect from major motion picture adaptations of comic books. Watchmen presents a world in which actions have real consequences and they're not necessarily pretty, and if people were in fact superheroes, they'd be warped and in desperate need of some serious therapy. This film's gritty and nasty and you want to wash your hands when you're done watching it. But I'm betting after just one screening of the film, you'll think more about Watchmen than any other comic book/graphic novel-inspired movie you've ever witnessed.
  22. Jul 5, 2013
    Amazing adaptation from the original Graphic Novel written by Allan Moore.
    The movie is extremely loyal to the original comic by respecting each character personality, and charm, even the actors used in the film (wich are really good at recreating each character) look like if they just take them straight out of the original Graphic Novel both in dialog and physically.
    Even then the movie
    Amazing adaptation from the original Graphic Novel written by Allan Moore.
    Even then the movie has his fair share of flaws, the most common consist on just how a couple of scenes that are similar from the Graphic Novel can be much more violent in the movie,
    when most of the time there is not a reason on why they would make them that way, the whole atmosphere in wich these scenes take place is already shocking it can transmit the feeling of how important and brutal certain moments of the movie are,
    so when they finally come out and add someone chopping off the arms of someone else with a chainsaw, it quite breaks the entire atmosphere of the movie.
    There are also a couple of really important moments that are removed from the original Graphic Novel.
    For me personally the moments that were removed didn't really affect the flow of the film and they never really leaved me with a tasteless movie experience but i know that fans of the original novel may resent these changes made into the film just like i resent the over the top notch graphic unnecessary violence in some giving the fact that they don't stay true to the novel and,
    "in my opinion" can break the flow of the experience.
    ha i guess you can also take that as me being one that loved the graphic novel just as much as i loved the film.
  23. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The plot was good, but the way it was developed left me disappointed. The characters were not well-defined. In fact, on many occasions they were either boring or indifferent to me. A lot of the film consisted of scenes that did not add to the central plot.
    Miss Jupiter's encounter with the Comedian. She was almost raped by him, and then it's revealed she went and had sex with him. I am assuming this is put in to reflect the distorted mentality of today's society? Or was it just to make Silk Spec cry?
    I still cant understand the attraction between Silk Spectre II and Dr. Manhattan, both of which appeared several times naked the first to hold the male audience's interest (I assume) and the second only made the audience giggle and laugh, detracting from the film.
    Jackie Earle Haley's portrayal of a sociopathic anti-hero was definitely the highlight of the movie. Again, these "heroes" appeared more interested in the fight than actually helping mankind (JDM's Comedian a bright example of this). This notion is revoked in the end, when even a distant Dr Manhattan is "moved" by the devious actions of Ozymandias, all in the name of mankind. Well, that settles it then. Forget democracy, bring in the world's smartest men to lead us, otherwise we are just savages that ultimately will kill each other to extinction. But if we are indeed savages, mankind and heroes alike, what's the point in saving us in the first place? So there was a message trying to be sent, but it got lost (at least, on me) somewhere along the way...
  24. Jul 2, 2013
    The graphic novel, Watchmen by Alan Moore is one of my favorite books and one of the best graphic novels ever written, if not the best. It is a groundbreaking piece of literature gold that deserves to be worshiped. Yes, I just recently read the book and I missed this in theaters. But I know now how all those poor soles walking into the theater one night with their personal Watchmen copy inThe graphic novel, Watchmen by Alan Moore is one of my favorite books and one of the best graphic novels ever written, if not the best. It is a groundbreaking piece of literature gold that deserves to be worshiped. Yes, I just recently read the book and I missed this in theaters. But I know now how all those poor soles walking into the theater one night with their personal Watchmen copy in hand just awaiting this monumental adaptation to flash before their eyes feel. It does not feel very good.
    I'm going to level with you, Watchmen wasn't awful. It was actually a pretty decently filmed movie. That meaning it looked great. Zack Snyder really has a talent for visual thrills because this looked beautiful. It had that Dark Knight look to it, but it had that polished and gleaming flare to it also. Snyder has style, and if only he can get a good script to go with it and he could be legendary.
    Watchmen also had something else that blew me away. It has the best opening titles I have ever seen. They play out after the first scene and they aren't your normal opening credits just showing the people behind it. They do show that, but behind a series of slow-mo scenes where it's telling you all about the world your about to delve into. It shows the whole back story with the song The Times They Are A-Changin' playing. That is the one time in this movie that I will say the song actually fits the scene, but it did.
    Now time to talk about all of the faults. I thought the music choices were bad. The choices for the soundtrack were very interesting choices. The songs they chose for each scene did not fit well with what was happening on screen and as a result, it took away from the impact. This was a problem, but it wasn't the biggest problem I had with this movie. The biggest problem I had was the excessive and graphic gore throughout. It's this CG blood that flies everywhere when people are shot or hurt and it constantly comes splattering everywhere like it's Gears of War. It's comedic at certain moments and it really detracts from the scene. It doesn't even look good and that really bothered me.
    In the end, Watchmen has the same problem that another adaptation had, The Great Gatsby. It is maybe a bit too faithful to the source material. I watch this movie knowing exactly whats going to happen, exactly what I will see, and even exactly what people say.They literally have line by line quotes straight from the book said in this movie, and some of the story board was taken directly from the graphic novel comic strip boxes. There's no new spin on it and it ends up just feeling like you copied off another person's school project and didn't put any real effort to call it your own.
    Watchmen may be ambitious, but it sure isn't the best adaptation that the classic book could have had. That's another of the biggest problem with this movie, it has so much potential, but is squandered by the soundtrack, excessive gore, and a vision a bit too close to the source material. I really feel pity for those poor people at that midnight showing in 2009.
  25. Jun 28, 2013
    A stylish take on the graphic novel that manages to be both a faithful and plausible adaption. The mood was perfect for the story, and all the characters managed to be as deep as they were in the source material.
  26. Jun 15, 2013
    Without a doubt one of the most epic movies ever made and the most artistic superhero comic book adaptation to date. It requires a bit of patience, and possibly re-watching, but is easily one of the best films I've had the pleasure of seeing.
  27. Jun 14, 2013
    Watchmen is the story of vigilante's who stop crime, all the way from the days WW1 to the year of Nixon's election, and now have to deal with someone who is taking out the masked heroes one by one. This based off; more like an exact copy of, the graphic novel by the same name. This film did not do so well at the box office; it still made some money, just not a lot. So there was already aWatchmen is the story of vigilante's who stop crime, all the way from the days WW1 to the year of Nixon's election, and now have to deal with someone who is taking out the masked heroes one by one. This based off; more like an exact copy of, the graphic novel by the same name. This film did not do so well at the box office; it still made some money, just not a lot. So there was already a layer of uninterested when this came out. Eventually I got a hold of it on blu-ray; in fact it was my first blu-ray movie I got, and I was generally pleased with it. I really liked the visual style of it, the dark and grimy detail really sells it. It's just like the graphic novel pages were on the screen. Another thing I like to mention is Jackie Earl Haley as Rorscach. This is the best performance in the movie. The way he makes his character act like such a intimidating presents is amazing when thinking about how tall he is; not very. It's almost like Marv from sin city, he's a bad ass, but also a loser in a way. Although with theses great compliments I appear to be giving this film, there're some problems I'd like to address. While Rorshach is great, the other characters don't really leave much of an impression. The guy who played Mr. Manhattan I guess did okay; if he was suppose to sound completely uninterested was his goal, then he's one of the few exceptions. I mean, I just don't find the others that interesting, and the actors don't try to do anything to make them feel real at any point. The running time can be an issue as well, running at around two an a half hours long, it can be a bit dragging when the film is not entirely interesting or captivating throughout. Even if there's not a total appreciation for this film by most, I still like it, and I'm sure there's other who agree with me. Expand
  28. Jun 11, 2013
    Action,fun,sex was included in that masterpiece. I really liked this movie.
    it was one of the best action films these years. The plot was good, the direction extraordinary and the characters beyond fantasy. A good one
  29. Jun 8, 2013
    Watchmen is a halluzinogene, sharp and sterile adaption of the comics, which were regarded of being not filmable. But Zack Snyder's creation lives through the pain and insanity the fallen heroes are exposed to.
    It is probably the best film I have ever seen.
  30. May 31, 2013
    This is a veary good movie the actors are great and the movie it selfe is great.This is the best movie based on a comic book.I owned the original comic book and i watched the movietoo so i ca say the two of the are great and i will give the movie an 9 because its a good movie and it will be eaven better if you read the comic to know what is going on.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Nathan
    Okay, it isn't the graphic novel, but Zack Snyder clearly gives a toss, creating a smart, stylish, decent adaptation, if low on accessibility for the non-convert.
  2. Snyder and writers David Hayter and Alex Tse never find a reason for those unfamiliar with the graphic novel to care about any of this nonsense. And it is nonsense.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    The movie is ultimately undone by its own reverence; there's simply no room for these characters and stories to breathe of their own accord, and even the most fastidiously replicated scenes can feel glib and truncated.