7.0

1. Apr 22, 2011
    WOW! More than I expected! Great entertaining movie for both men and women. Rob Pattinson just jumps off the screen. He is excellent in this. Christoph plays the villain magnificently. Great film with excellent cinematography and costuming. All around a must see movie.
  2. Apr 22, 2011
    Excellent movie! Breathtaking! Best performance ever by Rob Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, and Christoph Waltz. Truly a movie everyone should see. Just wonderful!
  3. Apr 22, 2011
    This is fantastic, old-fashioned, magical entertainment. A strong core cast and an amazing elephant transports you away. I was touched by the story. Christoph Walz managed to be scary, horrible, and strangely sympathetic at the same time. Reese Witherspoon looked like a 1930's movie star with spunk, and Robert Pattinson combined innocence, earnestness and longing that worked perfectlyThis is fantastic, old-fashioned, magical entertainment. A strong core cast and an amazing elephant transports you away. I was touched by the story. Christoph Walz managed to be scary, horrible, and strangely sympathetic at the same time. Reese Witherspoon looked like a 1930's movie star with spunk, and Robert Pattinson combined innocence, earnestness and longing that worked perfectly for the part. Super supporting cast as well. Definitely worth seeing. Expand
  4. Apr 22, 2011
    This was such an awesome movie! I seriously don't understand why critics gave it such a low rating. I am usually a very harsh critic when it comes to movies, but Water for Elephants was great. I was sitting on the edge of my seat throughout the whole film, and there was never a dull moment. The ending will not disappoint either! I loved the circus theme of the movie, and the acting wasThis was such an awesome movie! I seriously don't understand why critics gave it such a low rating. I am usually a very harsh critic when it comes to movies, but Water for Elephants was great. I was sitting on the edge of my seat throughout the whole film, and there was never a dull moment. The ending will not disappoint either! I loved the circus theme of the movie, and the acting was great, especially Reese. My only complaint would be Pattinson. I like him a lot, but it is true that he uses his looks to overshadow his poor acting. Overall, his acting didn't spoil to movie in any manner. I would suggest everyone see this movie! Expand
  5. Apr 23, 2011
    What a great movie!!I don't know what the critics who gave bad reviews were watching but I was really engrossed in it; at one point I noticed my heart was even beating fast as it became so suspenseful. The acting really should be commended as Robert Pattinson and Christoph Waltz really stood out. As a fan of the book, Rob played Jacob exactly how described and the raw emotion spilled outWhat a great movie!!I don't know what the critics who gave bad reviews were watching but I was really engrossed in it; at one point I noticed my heart was even beating fast as it became so suspenseful. The acting really should be commended as Robert Pattinson and Christoph Waltz really stood out. As a fan of the book, Rob played Jacob exactly how described and the raw emotion spilled out of him exactly at the points they should have. Very pleased with his performance and no, I am not a twihard. Christoph of course was perfectly cast as the villian and did an excellent job as well. I like Reese Witherspoon but felt if there was a reason the chemistry was lacking it was because she was a little icy. However, in the book her character was never really fully developed either. Overall, what I'm trying to say is that it is definitely worth the price of admission. In fact, I am going to see it again! Expand
  6. May 1, 2011
    Completely surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. It was very sweet in places but also had some depth. Pattinson surprised me the most. He is a very good actor with the potential to be great in a few years time.
  7. May 1, 2011
    This movie has an essence of charm about it that has been lacking in movies for a while. It is a wonderful adaptation of a wonderful book. Fabulous scenery, costumes and actors.
  8. Apr 22, 2011
    Great movie! Must see! Robert Pattinson is the heart of the movie. Reese and Christoph wonderful. Chemistry between all three main characters is flawless. A movie for all ages and sexes. Just beautiful and entertainment at its best. And Tai -- just marvelous!
  9. May 1, 2011
    I'm going to sound like such a girl when I write this but after seeing water for elephants I felt so emotional. It was just so beautiful! I left the movie feeling very moved by the story and that hasnt happened in a very long time!
  10. Apr 22, 2011
    My husband watched the trailer and based on that was happy to take me to see WFE today and he liked it as much as I did. The script made improvements on the book, all the acting was above par, and the sets, locations and costumes couldn't have been better. A very satisfying and moving film. Makes a great date movie, too.
  11. May 1, 2011
    I can not believe what some critics have written about this wonderful film. Did they even see the same movie I did?? They probably had decided they were going to harshly review it before they even saw it. Completely unprofessional. This movie was great!
  12. Apr 25, 2011
    Awesome! Good old fashioned movie with a slow-burn romance - not a in your face one. Rob Pattinson was superb - really showed his range and his ability in this one. His facial expressions said it all. A big step forward. Reese and Christoph were good as well. It was a beautifully made movie with excellent acting and directing all around. Would recommend this for both sexes. Male andAwesome! Good old fashioned movie with a slow-burn romance - not a in your face one. Rob Pattinson was superb - really showed his range and his ability in this one. His facial expressions said it all. A big step forward. Reese and Christoph were good as well. It was a beautifully made movie with excellent acting and directing all around. Would recommend this for both sexes. Male and female viewers alike will enjoy this. Only complaint is the romantic scenes should have played out just a little longer to make it just more appealing and convincing. Overall 5 out of 5 for this movie. Best we've scene in a few years. Expand
  13. May 1, 2011
    Fantastic movie! The relationships the characters build with each other and the elephant are wonderfully portrayed. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and highly recommend it!
  14. Apr 22, 2011
    My wife took me to this, so I was not sure if I would like it. Well, I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Definitely something that can be enjoyed by men as well as women. I have to say that the main characters, as well as all of the supporting case were great and the story was well told. It had just enough action as well as romance to hold the viewers attention. It was much moreMy wife took me to this, so I was not sure if I would like it. Well, I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Definitely something that can be enjoyed by men as well as women. I have to say that the main characters, as well as all of the supporting case were great and the story was well told. It had just enough action as well as romance to hold the viewers attention. It was much more than I expected and a movie that I would recommend. Expand
  15. Apr 22, 2011
    No more Edward Cullen; from now long Rob Pattinson will be known as Jacob Jankowski. It's his best performance ever doing a great job along his co-star Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz. Even though it exists a lack of chemistry in the love story; the good performances and the great landscape save the movie making a great show for the viewers. We have the good guy, the gorgeous girlNo more Edward Cullen; from now long Rob Pattinson will be known as Jacob Jankowski. It's his best performance ever doing a great job along his co-star Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz. Even though it exists a lack of chemistry in the love story; the good performances and the great landscape save the movie making a great show for the viewers. We have the good guy, the gorgeous girl and the terrible villain; the perfect mix for great blockbuster. Expand
  16. Apr 23, 2011
    Water For Elephants is one of my all time favorite books and now it is one of my favorite movies. Rob was excellent - really proved himself in my opinion. Christoph was amazing too. My entire family enjoyed it. A must see movie! Very, very good! A 10!
  17. May 1, 2011
    I can not describe how great this movie is! It will please its target audience entirely and it may surprise a few others too. Go see it and you wont be sorry.
  18. May 7, 2011
    A beautiful film that definitely has an emotional punch. Robert Pattinson did an absolutely fine job of portraying this character. He is a somewhat "lost" character struggling with a lot of pain and grief. He displayed this very well along with the highly important connection with the elephant, who he is utterly charming with.
  19. Apr 25, 2011
    I was hesitant to see this movie because of hearing it was a love story. This movie is excellent! It's the best movie I've seen this year...i loved it!
  20. Apr 24, 2011
    Christoph Waltz absolutely made the movie. I was expecting this from the start, but I was also surprised to see that Robert has somewhat gotten better, even though he could have been a little bit more emotional. Not that he wasn't in all the movie, because there were some scenes in which I was thrilled with him. I don't think it deserves a 5.3, it was entertaining, it was beautiful, greatChristoph Waltz absolutely made the movie. I was expecting this from the start, but I was also surprised to see that Robert has somewhat gotten better, even though he could have been a little bit more emotional. Not that he wasn't in all the movie, because there were some scenes in which I was thrilled with him. I don't think it deserves a 5.3, it was entertaining, it was beautiful, great actors, and come on, how come you couldn't love Tai, the Elephant. Expand
  21. Apr 24, 2011
    Firstly, I am a librarian and I rarely like films based on movies. It took me a really long time to warm up to the Harry Potter films. "Water for Elephants" was clearly going to be a tough sell for me. However, I finally caved to the pleas of my Twihard teen and took her to see WFE expecting a huge disappointment. Boy was I wrong, it was a wonderful surprise and though it did take a fewFirstly, I am a librarian and I rarely like films based on movies. It took me a really long time to warm up to the Harry Potter films. "Water for Elephants" was clearly going to be a tough sell for me. However, I finally caved to the pleas of my Twihard teen and took her to see WFE expecting a huge disappointment. Boy was I wrong, it was a wonderful surprise and though it did take a few shortcuts it was certainly not a disappointment to this bibliophile, in fact I am running out to re-read the book again.
    Cinematography was excellent all of the actors were superb even the tiniest parts seemed to pop off the screen. Even Rob Pattinson blew me away (So I guess the kid really can act!) My absolute favorite actors were Christoph Waltz as August, he was amazing in this part. And of course Tai (Rosie) the elephant she is the smartest animal on film I have ever seen...You gotta see this movie it is the best thing I have seen in 2011.
  22. Apr 23, 2011
    Good movie, depicts the harshness of live during the 1930's Proof that simple movies without major unnatural computer inhancements are possible today.
  23. May 1, 2011
    Every actor on this movie delivered what was required of them brilliantly. It is a good old fashioned romance with a fair bit of drama thrown in. Very entertaining.
  24. May 7, 2011
    This film proves that Robert Pattinson has a lot of potential to be a great actor. He has taken a big step in the right direction with this wonderful movie. Highly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone. Of course there are still those that resist Robs charms but more and more people are seeing his potential. Give him time. He could be great. Mark my words!
  25. May 1, 2011
    Absolutely a beautiful movie with wonderful performances from all the cast. Anyone who says differently has their "I hate Rob Pattinson and everything he does" glasses on (including some critics)!!!! But trust me, this movie is very worth seeing and very well done by all involved!
  26. Apr 23, 2011
    The acting is nice and the background looks neat. Water for Elephants has a nice feature along with great characters. Although, Robert Pattinson's acting was very good on a role and it's more interesting than watching those stupid Twilight films, but he did great job in a role and I think that Twilight shouldn't reveal in the first place. The movie is very good and it's not much excellentThe acting is nice and the background looks neat. Water for Elephants has a nice feature along with great characters. Although, Robert Pattinson's acting was very good on a role and it's more interesting than watching those stupid Twilight films, but he did great job in a role and I think that Twilight shouldn't reveal in the first place. The movie is very good and it's not much excellent film like Titanic, but it brings a decency for the terrific actors including our best actor, Christoph Waltz. Enjoy this movie and it's cool. Expand
  27. May 11, 2011
    After seeing the trailer for this film I was not impressed and was thinking if I saw it at all it would be on DVD; well I was quite wrong and I am glad I went and saw it at the theater. I thought the acting was great and the story line was quite intriguing.
  28. May 25, 2011
    Beautifully filmed, acted greatly, splendid imagery. Robert Pattinson really shines not only as a great actor but as someone who shall we say is more than aesthetically pleasing. Even the fantastical and absurd ending fits in the riotous setting of the circus.
  29. Apr 26, 2011
    Robert Pattinson broods once again as the innocent young man who ends up as the vet for a small Depression-era circus. His attraction to the show's star (Reese Witherspoon) causes conflict with her cruel husband (Christoph Waltz). The film makes circus life look romantic, beautiful and cruel (especially to the elephant), but the simmering discontent takes too long to ignite. It's not a badRobert Pattinson broods once again as the innocent young man who ends up as the vet for a small Depression-era circus. His attraction to the show's star (Reese Witherspoon) causes conflict with her cruel husband (Christoph Waltz). The film makes circus life look romantic, beautiful and cruel (especially to the elephant), but the simmering discontent takes too long to ignite. It's not a bad film, but the drama drags and the most emotional scenes revolve around the animals, not the people. Expand
  30. Dec 16, 2011
    Astounding film with great story and fantastic setting. The magic feel and adventure of a circus was brought to life on screen in such a surreal manor. There was not a moment in which I wasn't transfixed to the screen whether it be due to the beautiful cinematography and depiction of the animals, or the way in which the story just motored along from half way through. The film reminded meAstounding film with great story and fantastic setting. The magic feel and adventure of a circus was brought to life on screen in such a surreal manor. There was not a moment in which I wasn't transfixed to the screen whether it be due to the beautiful cinematography and depiction of the animals, or the way in which the story just motored along from half way through. The film reminded me so much of Titanic by James Cameron in it pacing and evolution of plot.
    It was great to see Robert Pattinson in a new role and I think that he really did his character justice - although he is not a scrapper by any means! Reese Witherspoon continues to be a hugely intelligent and believable actress when she gets a serious role. By the end of the film the relationship of the 2 protagonists was very believable.
    But actor of the film for me was certainly Chrsitopher Wlatz who is now a Hollywood gem after this and Inglorious Basterds.

Highly recommended film for thos ehwo want something a bit different but still captivating and mainstream.
  31. Jul 5, 2011
    Water for Elephants, like many movies based upon books, can be a disappointment if you have read the novel. But if not you will be launched into it's vibrant world filled with amazing and genuine emotion and humour. Each actors amazing performance completes the world allowing you live by them in this amazing experience.
  32. Feb 24, 2013
    Water for Elephants is a pretty good movie. The love triangle aspects are easily the weakest elements but are thankfully not too overpowering or heavy handed. The real delights of Water for Elephants are it's excellent period detailing, creeping tension and decent performances.
  33. May 31, 2011
    Good circus flick but it really was pretty predictable. The main characters were okay but August's bad side was really disturbing. The animals were charming and the elephant was quite fascinating. Kind of draggy in places and it was quite long... Enjoyed the "flashback" narrative. It worked in this film! Would have been less impressive on the TV - glad I saw it in the theater....
  34. Jun 15, 2011
    Nicely shot movie that shouldn't be missed. New story, new locations, attracting performances by Rob Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, and Christoph Waltz. An elephant is one of the main roles, seems as he enjoys acting. What bugs me is how easy for the circus owner, Christoph Waltz, to throw workers out of the train, as if there is no law. Despite high acting, the character of the circusNicely shot movie that shouldn't be missed. New story, new locations, attracting performances by Rob Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, and Christoph Waltz. An elephant is one of the main roles, seems as he enjoys acting. What bugs me is how easy for the circus owner, Christoph Waltz, to throw workers out of the train, as if there is no law. Despite high acting, the character of the circus owner is not deeply explored. Expand
  35. Apr 22, 2011
    This melodramatic, big top, forbidden love, three-ring, tearjerker, chick flick is not the greatest show on earth. It is, however, a deeply romantic, beautifully envisioned and passionate ode to the Hollywood of yesteryear. Simply put - and if movies were to mate - it would most certainly be the cinematic love child of THE NOTEBOOK and TITANIC. And if WATER FOR ELEPHANTS were indeed aThis melodramatic, big top, forbidden love, three-ring, tearjerker, chick flick is not the greatest show on earth. It is, however, a deeply romantic, beautifully envisioned and passionate ode to the Hollywood of yesteryear. Simply put - and if movies were to mate - it would most certainly be the cinematic love child of THE NOTEBOOK and TITANIC. And if WATER FOR ELEPHANTS were indeed a huge, seagoing passenger vessel - then it's actors on screen chemistry (or huge lack thereof) would be the metaphorical iceberg that started the ship sinking. Good thing it ended when it did...you know, before my 'stupid allergies' starting acting up. *sniff* Expand
  36. Apr 25, 2011
    I guess we saw a different film than the critics saw. This is a big old fashioned melodrama and hopefully the critics won't stop the good word of mouth that is already circulating around this movie. The three lead characters are directed with restraint, not lack of passion, thank goodness, or the movie would have become a cartoon. The audience I sat with -- comprised of trainI guess we saw a different film than the critics saw. This is a big old fashioned melodrama and hopefully the critics won't stop the good word of mouth that is already circulating around this movie. The three lead characters are directed with restraint, not lack of passion, thank goodness, or the movie would have become a cartoon. The audience I sat with -- comprised of train enthusiasts, old performers of many stripes, animal lovers, cinema buffs, and very, very few cougars or screamy tweens -- enjoyed it immensely. Expand
  37. Apr 25, 2011
    I didn't think Robert Pattinson was all that much to look at. I gotta be honest with you. I don't know what all the kids see in him, but okay.

Wait, they have voice over in this movie? When? I just figured somebody was doing a soliloquy like in Shakespeare. You stand there and rattle off a few lines and do your Shakespeare thing and then things start to happen again. They don't do that in movies? They do in my movies. Ha ha.

I thought the character development was great. You really got attached to the characters in this one. You understood the love story going on between these two. A little bit of a chick-flick. Reese Witherspoon was a lot of fun, but she seemed a little too refined for spending her whole life in the circus. I mean, you figure, she probably in her mid-20's now. She's gotta have some circus on her, but she's this very classy woman. Hey, you know what might have been fun? If instead of Reese Witherspoon's voice they replaced it with Joy Behar. That would have made her sexy!

I'll tell you, they talk about Robert Pattinson being such a big star. Whoever they got to play Rosie the elephant was unbelievable! Man I really was convinced that was an elephant. I swear to God. They had me. You know, that elephant worked for peanuts. Ha ha.

I mean that Robert Pattinsonâ
  38. May 2, 2011
    Critics were way too harsh on this movie and Robert Pattinson. He played his part very well and looked amazing on screen. He definitely has a presence. The movie was wonderfully shot and portrayed. I loved it.
  39. May 7, 2011
    Completely shocked at how much I liked this movie! Everyone needs to see it! I dont think it got half the credit it deserves!! Trust me...its really good!!
  40. May 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Water for Elephants is a breathtakingly magnificent movie which captivates the audience. With a cast of three tremendous actors and an elephant that steals your heart and the show, you can't help but sit in amazement at the sheer talent on screen before you. This movie delivers many types of films with action, comedy, a touch of thriller and most importantly romance! There won't be a dry eye in the house or an empty one either! Expand
  41. Jun 3, 2011
    This movie was unexpectedly good in my opinion. I think a 52 by the critics is a little low. I think Robert Pattinson, as much of a fan I am not of his, I personally believe that this is his beginning into the REAL acting world. He did a great job in this film. Christoph Walsh again was absolutely amazing. He is a really talented actor, he seems hes growing into that sinister character inThis movie was unexpectedly good in my opinion. I think a 52 by the critics is a little low. I think Robert Pattinson, as much of a fan I am not of his, I personally believe that this is his beginning into the REAL acting world. He did a great job in this film. Christoph Walsh again was absolutely amazing. He is a really talented actor, he seems hes growing into that sinister character in his films now. This movie brought us into the world of the circus and its ddidn't seem to be as happy-go-lucky as everyone thought it was at that time. This film was unexpectedly good to me, I only went to see it because my gf was dying to see it because she read the book, but I'm glad I did watch it, it was very good, great acting all around, even from Reese Witherspoon was excellent as Augusts wife. Very good film, 8/10. Expand
  42. Jun 20, 2011
    Much more than expected--- The fine direction and cinematography that enriches the film technically, is reinforced by the best perfomance ever by Rob Pattinson also supported by Waltz and Witherspoon. Definitely, the best movie made in years about circus since The Greatest Show on the Earth.
  43. Oct 2, 2011
    Beautiful, old fashioned romance. I loved the chemistry between Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson. I thought the acting was superb! Robert Pattinson deserves kudos for his peformance. I don't identify him as much as Edward Cullen anymore - I think him of as Jacob Jankowski.
  44. Feb 19, 2012
    It pains me every time i see a movie like this getting ~50 score when terrible terrible movies like tower heist get better ratings. Yes this movie barrows many aspects from other movies but, the story being based off of a novel has more depth than any typical movie and that's why its worth watching.
  45. Dec 10, 2011
    Great adaptation from the book - I really was surprised!
    This movie has it all: drama, the good and the bad, love, hope and grief, sweet animals, humour and the most important, the movie captures the spirit of the time, even in this little world of a circus.
    Great adaptation from the book - I really was surprised!
    costumes, equipment, dialect and wording - everything fits perfectly. to be highlighted are the performances of christof waltz and rpattz!
    well done movie.
  46. Jan 15, 2012
    Considering I am a huge Robert Pattinson fan, I heard about this movie and decided I had to read the book before seeing it. The book being phenomenal, I bought the movie and watched it. It was fabulous. I think Rob just gets better and better with each movie that he is in, and of course Reese was perfect as Marlena. A love story set in the 1930s, it was the tale as old as time story ofConsidering I am a huge Robert Pattinson fan, I heard about this movie and decided I had to read the book before seeing it. The book being phenomenal, I bought the movie and watched it. It was fabulous. I think Rob just gets better and better with each movie that he is in, and of course Reese was perfect as Marlena. A love story set in the 1930s, it was the tale as old as time story of forbidden love, but done in such a unique way. They really did the book justice, and I was surprised about that. All of the actors played there parts incredibly. Expand
  47. Dec 27, 2012
    Interesante ver a Robert Pattinson en un resgistro distinto al de Edward Cullen. Film de época para los amantes del cine, las películas románticas, y la defensa de los animales. Está más guapo como humano que como vampiro!!!!
  48. Feb 4, 2013
    This was a decent movie. Christoph does a wonderful job playing a somewhat crazy circus ringmaster. The chemistry between Pattinson and Witherspoon is somewhat annoying in that it isn't hardly developed at all, it simply appears. Nonetheless, a movie that is worth at least one watch.
  49. Aug 7, 2013
    really good movie. great acting from both Pattinson and especially Waltz. Feature good characters and had some fun moments. Waltz' character was terrifically portrayed and made the viewers truly dislike the man. would've like more depth to witherspoons character
  50. Sep 4, 2014
    this is a well put together drama. i love that it's not cliche, and that it happens on a circus is fantastic. the only thing that is dissapointing is that the 2 main actors don't fit together i mis the chemistry between them.....
  51. Mar 13, 2015
    In this case, the movie far exceeded my expectations. Beautifully filmed. Great acting. Loved the costuming and authenticity to the time period. music score was amazing. Well told story and lovely feel to the film.
  52. Mar 6, 2016
    A very inspiring love story about two people who fell in love truly. I just feel good watching this kind of movie.

Watch this movie online http://www.watchfree.to/watch-2987b1-Water-for-Elephants-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

1. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    May 2, 2011
    Familiar but enjoyable. Not being funny, the elephant (Rosie, played by nine-foot enchantress Tai) is the real star as the most moving and only joyful presence in sight.
  2. Reviewed by: Andrea Gronvall
    Apr 28, 2011
    Features a credible and sympathetic performance from Robert Pattinson as an orphaned veterinary student who joins a traveling circus. Yet the film otherwise suffers from a lack of showmanship.
  3. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Apr 27, 2011
    No one would mistake the Benzini Bros. Circus for the greatest show on earth – the Depression-era traveling troupe is a junker compared to the gold-standard Ringling Bros. – but still, a film has to try pretty hard to render lions and tigers and trapeze artists so uniformly underwhelming.