8.3

1. TamarS.
    Jan 20, 2005
    Wonderful and emotional film about the strength of the human spirit to overcome hardships! Masterfully crafted by a sincere and sensitive director.
  2. RogerR.
    Feb 4, 2005
    Quite moving and inspirational - smooth and creative editing of achival footage - unique perspective of the pre-holocaust experience.
  3. JudithK.
    Mar 14, 2005
    Sensitive, gentle, yet realistic portrayal of discrimination and the real triumph of the will!
  4. Jimmy
    Apr 10, 2005
    Oh yea, it didn't seem as if the above reviews weren't written by the same person.
  5. HoneyL.
    Mar 28, 2005
    So moving. Made me proud to be Jewish and for the first time, I wanted to visit Israel.
  6. RenataS.
    May 9, 2005
    As a 20 something female it is particularly intriguing to watch footage of other women fighting to achieve success and achieve it during such a tragic time. The documentary was moving and motivational.
  7. KathrynD.
    Jun 25, 2006
    Remarkable! Moving and educational. One of the best documentaries I have ever seen. I will never forget viewing this. This is one of those rare things that the world would be a better place for seeing.
  8. JackW.
    Jan 14, 2006
    Riveting. Finally, a "real" movie from those times, that brinkgs us back in time and then forward to the real people, as they are today, interacting together once again. Brilliant.

1. Reviewed by: Lisa Nesselson
    Snappy, affecting documentary.
    Though Zilberman's affection for the women leads to some indulgent digression, the doc's low-key tone (and lack of the stock, timpani-backed Nazi iconography) throws certain anecdotes into powerful relief.
  3. The excellent film combines a wealth of archival material with the reminiscences of an unforgettable group of octogenarian women who were champion swimmers when Hitler annexed Austria in 1938.