8.1

1. Apr 21, 2011
    I always think, man, if an actor performs badly, it is the fault of the director, and not the actor. I truly believe that actors are victim of poor scripts and poor directing. Matthew and the other talented men and women are thrown under the wheels of a horrible screenplay, with shallow dialogue, cliched characters, and superfluous, melodramatic sequences. I feel for these people...
  2. Jun 2, 2013
    One of my all-time favorite sport movies. It's such a tragic, touching story. I like the way this film balances plot and sport, with sports serving almost as a secondary element. Very touching film. Underrated/appreciated in so many ways.

1. We Are Marshall has little of the bone-crunchingsincerity of the recent pigskin rouser "Invincible." This one is more like Unconvincing.
  2. What should have been an inspirational story about fortitude and courage in the face of mind-numbing tragedy becomes a compendium of sports cliches.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Full of good intentions, We Are Marshall has a game plan that's hard to fault, but as with any playbook, a scheme is only as good as how well it's executed.