6.9

1. Dec 23, 2011
    This is a movie about people who buy a zoo. They buy a zoo, very, very easily. They pick up the phone, and the family, the "We" in "We Bought a Zoo" bought a zoo. That's right, a zoo. An area where animals are caged or put into artificial habitats for human entertainment. They bought a zoo. The family. They bought it, as in exchanged something, mostly currency, for an object they wished toThis is a movie about people who buy a zoo. They buy a zoo, very, very easily. They pick up the phone, and the family, the "We" in "We Bought a Zoo" bought a zoo. That's right, a zoo. An area where animals are caged or put into artificial habitats for human entertainment. They bought a zoo. The family. They bought it, as in exchanged something, mostly currency, for an object they wished to posses. In this case, the zoo. They purchases in full. That's right. They. Bought. A. ZOOOOOO! I crap you not. ZOOOOOoooooOOOOO! Expand
  2. Apr 7, 2012
    This is one of the few films of 2012 where the screenplay actually worked and there were no loose ends or ambivalent subplots. Matt Damon gives one of the best performances of the year. Scarlett Johanssen as well. There are some exceptions within the cast but even with their over the top performances they cannot take away the essence of this film and it's story. This film is honest.This is one of the few films of 2012 where the screenplay actually worked and there were no loose ends or ambivalent subplots. Matt Damon gives one of the best performances of the year. Scarlett Johanssen as well. There are some exceptions within the cast but even with their over the top performances they cannot take away the essence of this film and it's story. This film is honest. This film is sincere. This film is real. The family dynamics are excellent and the truth is that this film is better than the Descendants. Expand
  3. Dec 26, 2011
    Inspirational!!! I have read so many negative reviews on this movie and totally disagree!!!!! I have worked as a zookeeper and know how unforgiving and how demanding of a job it is. The benefit of it all is the feeling of satisfaction and a job well done. This movie brought back all the fire and desire I have for animals!! The comradery of the people who experience it all is so special.Inspirational!!! I have read so many negative reviews on this movie and totally disagree!!!!! I have worked as a zookeeper and know how unforgiving and how demanding of a job it is. The benefit of it all is the feeling of satisfaction and a job well done. This movie brought back all the fire and desire I have for animals!! The comradery of the people who experience it all is so special. This movie is a great dipiction of the zoo community and how awesome, overwelming, joyful and even heart breaking it can be. It truely is an adventure!!! Matt Damon did a fantastic job, and the girl who played his daughter is so adorable!! I cried, I laughed and left with a huge smile. Give it a chance, you may be pleasantly surprised! I was! Expand
  4. Dec 29, 2011
    Beautifully done!! Actors and actresses nailed the piece. I do not usually like scarlett johanson, but the part she played was wonderful. One of the best movies I have seen. It was a pure, wholesome movie. Sweet story line. It did not have nasty sex scenes, or bloddy shootouts, or overly unuseful swearing. It was truly a beautiful movie.
  5. Dec 30, 2011
    My friends & I loved this movie. It made me laugh, jump, sad & happy. It is not a "intellectual " film. It is just a good time. The little girl is adorable. You can feel that Matt Damon's character is someone with heart. No, real life wouldn't be that easy but it's a movie people!
  6. Oct 14, 2012
    We bought a zoo is not your typical romantic comedy although as a Cameron Crowe film this is unsurprising, although inevitably will still be treated by some going to see it as such. These people are likely to be disappointed and underwhelmed along with those that will complain of the seemingly
  7. Jun 10, 2012
    Although a few cliches here and there, but notwithstanding this is a beautifully acted, funny, wonderfully filmed, entertaining,emotionally resonant, masterpiece with a great soundtrack to spare. I give this movie 93%.
  8. Jan 31, 2012
    I loved this movie. I thought all the actors and actresses playing the main roles were perfect for their parts! The little girl was definitely my favorite though! :) This movie was longer than most but I didn't even realize it until I left the theater because I was so into the story. Great movie for everyone!
  9. Mar 28, 2012
    Pretty movie. I think that can be one of the worst film of Cameron Crowe, but I think that the story is pretty, with an awesome cast, incredible animals, is an excellent film. We Bought A Zoo is an amazing, pretty and funny product for all the family.
  10. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, I would give this a 9.5 out of 10. Second off, sorry but it's not a 10. Well acted. Mainly Matt Damon. He really carries the whole movie. He's really good. Story is great, and has a good score. It can be really funny. I think this movie was robbed in 2011. It deserved a few nominations, and a few wins. Overall, this is a good, family movie. You should see this movie.
  11. Apr 20, 2012
    I loved this movie! I thought this was just another sleepy movie. The animals were adorable, Rosie (Maggie Elizabeth Jones) was so cute. This movie was very inspiring not only how to love animals but not to give up even though you're already on the edge of a cliff. It was based on a true story and I would love to visit that zoo.
  12. Apr 29, 2012
    This movie is just awesome.. It had everything in it.. I can not find any fault to point out.. I feel like I am totally blessed. Thanks Cameron Crowe for this wonderful adventure.
  13. Aug 11, 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised by "We Bought a Zoo" I was expecting a crappy family film, but We Bought a Zoo is actually a very good movie, the first time you see it, you don't like it so well, but it grows on you, and personally, One of my top 15 movies.
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    I absolutely loved this movie. loved the characters and loved the actors who played them. just a movie where it was always tugging at your heart. made you wanna cry during the bad times and the happy times.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 16, 2012
    It's a bit sucrose, especially at the beginning, but this traditional, sweet-natured family film will tug on the heartstrings.
  2. Reviewed by: Andrew Lowry
    Mar 16, 2012
    It's slight, sure, and there's a better, less-glossy film buried in the material, but warm performances redeem Crowe's agreeable return.
  3. Reviewed by: Ian Freer
    Mar 12, 2012
    Zoo is the antithesis of edgy, an overlong, all encompassing experience that despite Crowe's integrity and lightness of touch doesn't deliver the emotional experience of, say, "Jerry Maguire" or "Almost Famous." Still, it is good to have the righteous dude back.