6.4

1. ChristopherN.
    Jul 17, 2006
    If you are at all interested in the history of music or Punk Rock, you need to see this film. Really great footage, and some great insight from Mike Watt. A must for fans.
  2. StevenM.
    Jul 7, 2006
    I've always considered "Double Nickels on the Dime" one of the all-time best albums I've heard. I must admit I hadn't listened to it for a while, but after I watched "We Jam Econo" I listened to the whole thing twice straight through. Pretty good doc.

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    A suitably unfussy tribute to a band that disdained even the slightest rock-star flash, We Jam Econo tells the story of the Minutemen, whose regrettably brief but brilliant career did much to expand punk's parameters during the early 1980s.
  2. Reviewed by: Mikael Wood
    The charm of Tim Irwin's documentary, which charts via archival footage and talking-head reminiscences the arc of the band bassist Watt shared with guitarist D. Boon and drummer George Hurley in the early '80s, is that emphasis on the personal.
    For people who are Minutemen fans and movie buffs, We Jam Econo is kind of a mixed blessing. Watt and Hurley tell the Minutemen story well, but Irwin relies too much on corroborating interviews from punk vets like Flea and Ian MacKaye, who talk about how great the band was without offering much fresh insight.