What a Girl Wants

7.0

1. Jan 23, 2012
    A horrible teenage flick that is only good for a certain audience: otherwise What A Girl Wants fails. I guess I can say this movie is What A Girl Wants, but not what anyone else wants.
  2. BitaM.
    Aug 22, 2003
    even if they gave you free tickets to see this movie, i suggest you run in the opposite direction! It was honestly the worst movie ever seen. Do not see it...trust me.
  3. PaulaW.
    Aug 12, 2003
    This repulsive kiddie flick is packed with mildewed stereotypes and hideous flat dialogue. Why did I see it? Don't ask. I cringed through the whole thing. If you have a choice between seeing this and getting your head pounded with a rubber mallet for 100 minutes, go with the mallet. Trust me.
  4. MichelleP.
    Aug 23, 2003
    Amanda Bynes is a very funny actress which was the main reason I wanted to see this film. I wanted to like it, but Amanda was so serious throughout the movie that I was wondering if this was Amanda's evil clone acting. It lacked so much humor as well, and because of that the movie really dragged a lot. Each character except the dad was underdeveloped and lacked so much change. I felt Amanda Bynes is a very funny actress which was the main reason I wanted to see this film. I wanted to like it, but Amanda was so serious throughout the movie that I was wondering if this was Amanda's evil clone acting. It lacked so much humor as well, and because of that the movie really dragged a lot. Each character except the dad was underdeveloped and lacked so much change. I felt the movie was taking itself way too seriously at many parts and really needed to lighten up. Expand
  5. Georgia
    Feb 17, 2005
    Stereotyped the British. Unrealistic, Byrnes was plain annoying; especially the accent.
  6. clay
    Jan 25, 2007
    Lame. total copy off Cinderella, and not even in a clever way. good film if you love stereotypes though.

1. Were it not for young star Amanda Bynes' energetic good nature in the face of drab dialogue and wooden stereotypes, What a Girl Wants might have been a career-ending movie violation rather than just an embarrassing fender-bender.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    It feels much more like a shameless reshuffle of "The Princess Diaries."
  3. If the Warner Bros. wizards have it right, what a girl wants is to see as much of Amanda Bynes as she possibly can...It's not so great for the rest of us, since the film has nothing else to offer.