7.3

1. Sep 10, 2011
    I could not follow this mixed up movie. The depictions of heaven and hell showed heaven to be as depressing as hell, some place no one would want to be. I finally just turned the movie off since I got absolutely no enjoyment out of it, glad it was free. The only thing I really enjoyed about this movie was the beautiful home this couple lived in. That was all.
  2. Jan 16, 2012
    Besides the film being visually appealing the acting fails to impress along with its confusing story that is supposed to be emotionally gut-wrenching which it isn't. I give this film 24%.
  3. Aug 24, 2014
    There is a certain beauty about this film. Largely from the visual effects and the wonder of Robin Williams. Beyond that, the story doesn't allow itself to live up to any expectations.
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    The main thing about this movie are the visual effects, which are awesome for the year 1998! Heaven and hell are shown in a subtle way, which is very interesting and really memorable. The actors are disappointing and the story is predictable. But it's touching and good picturized from this great book! All in all, it's good but could've been way better! (I liked the alternative ending onThe main thing about this movie are the visual effects, which are awesome for the year 1998! Heaven and hell are shown in a subtle way, which is very interesting and really memorable. The actors are disappointing and the story is predictable. But it's touching and good picturized from this great book! All in all, it's good but could've been way better! (I liked the alternative ending on the special DVD better - look for Wikipedia if you want to know what it is!) Collapse
  5. Sep 8, 2013
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Any critic that have it less than 9 is a heartless cold soul.
    So much beauty/pain/love all together in one!!
    I cry every time. Only downfall is you need tissues for this movie, it's a sad film for the most part.

1. Like most dreams revisited with eyes wide open, this one's content dissolves into a transparent puddle of inchoate thoughts and predictable iconography.
    So breathtaking, so beautiful, so bold in its imagination, that it's a surprise at the end to find it doesn't finally deliver.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Gore
    What's so disappointing is that the film had so much potential as a concept. The story slowly degenerates into a plodding, sappy bore.