6.2

1. RoyB.
    Apr 21, 2008
    I went to this movie expecting to be entertained. I also knew it was a lighthearted take on current affairs, so I knew the point was to have some entertainment value on a hugely serious topic. I was neither enlightened nor entertained. I'm all for new fresh takes on serious subjects, even using humor when it's creative. But seriously, folks, this movie felt like it was done by a I went to this movie expecting to be entertained. I also knew it was a lighthearted take on current affairs, so I knew the point was to have some entertainment value on a hugely serious topic. I was neither enlightened nor entertained. I'm all for new fresh takes on serious subjects, even using humor when it's creative. But seriously, folks, this movie felt like it was done by a first grader. There was nothing really gained from this movie. I could've squeezed more wisdom, freshness, or provocative thoughts from an orange. It was somewhat disturbing to see the director/star so thrilled to be firing a rocket launcher. Doesn't he know that these are the same weapons that kill people, that others use so brazenly as well? All in all, a why-did-I-see-this-movie movie. Expand
  2. PriscillaD.
    Apr 21, 2008
    A disaster of the worst kind. Lazy storytelling. Pedantic narrative. Good intentions but the pedestrian course of this movie, along with a noncoherent and fratboy mentality, make this movie tank.
  3. GeorgeV.
    Apr 21, 2008
    Just a few words will sum it up: Dumb. Moronic. Glosses over everything. No depth. Stupid. Treats the audience like a bunch of pre schoolers. So many things wrong with this movie. Too many to list. I haven't been to a movie this stupid since--well Disney cartoons are lightyears smarter than this gloop.
  4. MaryB
    Apr 21, 2008
    the word documentary is too high praise for this utter mindbogglement mess
  5. Apr 6, 2012
    I want the world to be better for my soon-to-be-born child Maybe I should take note and hunt down Morgan Spurlock.

*Your review must be at least 150 characters long.*

1. The film is a hodgepodge, and it closes with a whimper. But along the way some lucid voices slip through.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Morgan Spurlock, of the "Super Size Me" phenom, serves up a rehash of others' 9/11 reportage, bin Laden biography, Islamic theology and suicide-bomber psychology, in a tone so aghast you'd assume he knew nothing about the War on Terror -- which should make pic very appealing for those who know nothing about the War on Terror.
    An affable action hero in search of the planet's arch supervillain, Spurlock is less irritating than his obvious model, Michael Moore, but also less politically astute; assuming the role of a faux-naïf stranger in a strange land, he's more benign and not nearly as funny as unacknowledged analogue Sacha Baron Cohen.